AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-15, 03:11   Link #21
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grees
Sounds right, that's what he should have done.
"Hey baby, want me to shoot my arrow into you?"
He just isn't that much of a jerk.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-03-15, 04:58   Link #22
Grees
Ehhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
He just isn't that much of a jerk.
So you are suggesting that I am?

hmm..you're right
Old 2006-03-27, 16:49   Link #23
Masj
saiko denwa o narimashita

When I'm watching Bleach do I want to follow the wonderful story that Tite Kubo has planed and is guiding us throw.

That’s why I started to watch this show.

I can't see the meaning in watching a show that’s just borrowing the characters from Bleach. The only reason they are making fillers are to make money.

I had a discussion with a few of my friends regarding how long this filler period will be and Studio Pierrot are well known for their long Naruto filler, so I would guess that the bleach story line will be back in about a year or so.
Old 2006-03-27, 20:33   Link #24
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masj
When I'm watching Bleach do I want to follow the wonderful story that Tite Kubo has planed and is guiding us throw.

That’s why I started to watch this show.

I can't see the meaning in watching a show that’s just borrowing the characters from Bleach. The only reason they are making fillers are to make money.

I had a discussion with a few of my friends regarding how long this filler period will be and Studio Pierrot are well known for their long Naruto filler, so I would guess that the bleach story line will be back in about a year or so.
Bleach is Bleach, and the fillers are part of the anime storyline whether you like it or not.
Old 2006-03-27, 21:06   Link #25
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Honestly, while psycologically I can always tell when a series purposely has non-episodic episodes (THIS JUST IN: in some cases they're actually really good), I swear I never thought of the whole "evils of filler" until I came here...When i use to watch shows like Ducktales, or Transformers growing up I never batted my eye when there was an episode that didn't follow the heart of the main story...I mean people were always trying to get Uncle Scrooge's money bin, but I never threw a $hit-fit because the Gizmo-duck arc went away every now and then...

Filler is what you think of it...If you have a weak mind and let taurds on a message board make you hate a show you really like because there are episodes not in the manga that is what it is...My personal advice would be to "like the episodes you consider good, don't like the episodes you consider bad..."

Trust me, there are crappy episodes on each side of the balance beam...
Old 2006-03-28, 02:24   Link #26
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

How to watch them? Well I usually sit in my chair and watch the episodes with my eyes on the TV.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Old 2006-04-01, 22:29   Link #27
arvineFei
ShinigamiGoD

Send a message via MSN to arvineFei Send a message via Yahoo to arvineFei
I actually don't mind fillers. But that's BEFORE the long-continuous fillers eps (i.e. the Don Kanonji fillers), which is also BEFORE I went to read the manga. And now I just dont feel the enthusiasm I once had towards d\loading the next anime ep.
Well, I shoudn't read the manga at the first place, but I wanted to know wat happened after the Aizen scene, besides the fillers were getting boring.
its actually a chicken-and-egg thing.

So my advice is: Watch the fillers when u feels like it. I d/load them & store it in my hardisk, & then wait for the latest manga ep to come out to remind me that I have a few, or several bleach eps in my hardisk I havent watch (because at the last few manga eps I dint felt like watcing the anime ep)...So pathetic, to imagine that I can forget to watch Bleach...
Old 2006-04-03, 09:30   Link #28
Blaster

Everybody says fillers are bad because they're not by the main author only. Believe it or not, most fillers-hater hate it because it is not by the main author only.

If the author said that he gave the fillers stroyline and let the anime team expand it, people will watch it immediately. Why? Because it is from the main author.

To summarise, most people here doesn't know how to appreciate, judge or understand the story at all. Given the average age of people on this forum, it is not surprising. All they do is to whine about it, still watch it, and whine about it, and watch it and this goes on. Of course, fillers are not always good. There is a high chance that they will screw the fillers once in a while.
Old 2006-04-10, 12:19   Link #29
Nameless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer
Bleach is Bleach, and the fillers are part of the anime storyline whether you like it or not.
dude quit trying to get other people to say filler doesn't suck.

If people want to say filler sucks, they'll say it.

It's called public opinion.

Narrow minded people are the reason some really crappy movies don't get avoided.

If I want to go around saying Benchwarmers the movie sucks, I'll say it. The same can be said about filler. Let people say it sucks, cuz honestly, the typical anime fan that loves Bleach for what it was Episode 1-68 or so, will watch Bleach filler and go "wth is this stuff?" and they'll be mad no one warmed them that it sucked.

The person responsible for the information not getting out that Bleach was in filler, and to more than 80% of people, that filler sucks, was you, the narrow minded mindless zombie anime defender fan.

You'll do anything to try to make yourself seem like you like Bleach more than the next guy.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news for you buddy, but you're wrong, Bleach isn't just Bleach, it's a licensed title name with characters under a franchise that allows manipulation of story line for the purpose of keeping fans watching. If it's not in the original story which is the manga, then it's not part of the original story, period, therefore it's useless filler with manga elements that could be temporary.
Old 2006-04-10, 13:22   Link #30
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster
Everybody says fillers are bad because they're not by the main author only. Believe it or not, most fillers-hater hate it because it is not by the main author only.

If the author said that he gave the fillers stroyline and let the anime team expand it, people will watch it immediately. Why? Because it is from the main author.

To summarise, most people here doesn't know how to appreciate, judge or understand the story at all. Given the average age of people on this forum, it is not surprising. All they do is to whine about it, still watch it, and whine about it, and watch it and this goes on. Of course, fillers are not always good. There is a high chance that they will screw the fillers once in a while.
Truth. Ppl should think things are/aren't good because they are/aren't, not because of who made it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless
dude quit trying to get other people to say filler doesn't suck.

If people want to say filler sucks, they'll say it.

It's called public opinion.

Narrow minded people are the reason some really crappy movies don't get avoided.

If I want to go around saying Benchwarmers the movie sucks, I'll say it. The same can be said about filler. Let people say it sucks, cuz honestly, the typical anime fan that loves Bleach for what it was Episode 1-68 or so, will watch Bleach filler and go "wth is this stuff?" and they'll be mad no one warmed them that it sucked.

The person responsible for the information not getting out that Bleach was in filler, and to more than 80% of people, that filler sucks, was you, the narrow minded mindless zombie anime defender fan.

You'll do anything to try to make yourself seem like you like Bleach more than the next guy.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news for you buddy, but you're wrong, Bleach isn't just Bleach, it's a licensed title name with characters under a franchise that allows manipulation of story line for the purpose of keeping fans watching. If it's not in the original story which is the manga, then it's not part of the original story, period, therefore it's useless filler with manga elements that could be temporary.
You don't seem to get it. It's not that they think that the fillers are crap, they're just saying it because it's not from the main author, like Blaster mentioned. There've even been a couple who actually said that these fillers are getting pretty good, but they want to "get back to the storyline"(meaning manga storyline, I'm guessing).

What I'm trying to say is, hate the fillers for all I care... just hate them for the right reasons, and not just because they're fillers.
Old 2006-04-10, 13:47   Link #31
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Bleach is Bleach, and the fillers are part of the anime storyline whether you like it or not..
Fillers are part of the anime storyline, parallel to the manga story and managaka wishes, and that’s the problem with fillers, they are just not from the real creative mind of the series, and thus, up to a point even twisting the story intended by the mangaka, creating contradiction inside the series.Besides, even if you don’t follow the manga or even are not aware that you are watching filler (like my little brother for example), people tend to notice how the quality of the story begins to drop.

About the Naruto/Bleach fillers, I have seen both Naruto’s filler (yeah, im a masochist) and Bleach fillers, and so far, Bleach has done a better job at it.

Last edited by Rurik; 2006-04-10 at 14:09.
Old 2006-04-10, 15:54   Link #32
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

In the most recent episode of the filler, I found it interesting and clever that Rukia made a point of how her spiritual power still hadn't recovered, so she had to stay inside the gigai. This was slightly brilliant of the filler because it means that all questions of how strong she might or might not be will have to remain unanswered until the filler ends. This is a great way to keep from spoiling the story without being contrived.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-04-14, 12:34   Link #33
Fakemaster

How should i watch the filler??? ((Good question)))

((Stupid answer))

Simply , don't watch
Old 2006-04-14, 13:20   Link #34
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fakemaster
Simply , don't watch
If the person viewing the fillers actually hates them. Please don't spread the very shallow mindset that fillers should not be watched regardless of their quality.

I like the fillers. It's nice to see something that hasn't already been shown in the manga. :eyebrow.
Old 2006-04-14, 14:57   Link #35
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
If the person viewing the fillers actually hates them. Please don't spread the very shallow mindset that fillers should not be watched regardless of their quality.

I like the fillers. It's nice to see something that hasn't already been shown in the manga. :eyebrow.
They don't care how good the filler is, even if it's better than the rest of the series. They just don't like it BECAUSE it's filler.

There's sadly still so much discrimination in the world. First it's anime. What's next? Huh?!?
Old 2006-04-14, 15:42   Link #36
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
They don't care how good the filler is, even if it's better than the rest of the series. They just don't like it BECAUSE it's filler.

There's sadly still so much discrimination in the world. First it's anime. What's next? Huh?!?
That's my point exactly, hence I said that haters don't watch them regardless of their quality. >.>
Old 2006-04-14, 15:47   Link #37
Blizzer
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Some fillers can be entertaining some not so much, I don't think they can be categorised totally as good or bad.

how should I watch filler?
tied to a chair naked
Old 2006-04-14, 16:50   Link #38
Ziv

Quote:
He's a priest of the holy order of Kibeism. I wouldn't provoke him if I were you.

Last edited by Ziv; 2006-04-14 at 17:13.
Old 2006-04-17, 03:06   Link #39
Fakemaster

Although I see a lot of people say that fiiler is good (cause it a whole new story that isn't in the manga) , and i compreend the use of fillers , i think when you start watching them you start forgetting some important things in the anime.
So in my opinion i think they should have turned all those fillers into shinigami cups , so that people don't forget the continuity of the story (witch you have in the manga).
Old 2006-04-17, 03:10   Link #40
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziv
He's a priest of the holy order of Kibeism. I wouldn't provoke him if I were you.
I don't care.