AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Midori no Hibi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-14, 18:02   Link #1
Mitchell

Send a message via ICQ to Mitchell
How did it happened?

I'm still curious how his right hand turned into a girl(midori). I mean, one moment he was thinking about how he got rejected by that girl and another moment when he opened his eyes, his right hand was a girl.
Does anybody know how it was done ?
Old 2004-05-14, 18:52   Link #2
TronDD
Team the box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell
I'm still curious how his right hand turned into a girl(midori). I mean, one moment he was thinking about how he got rejected by that girl and another moment when he opened his eyes, his right hand was a girl.
Does anybody know how it was done ?
They haven't said in the anime, and I don't believe they have said it in the manga, either. The big "Midori no Hibi" thread before the made the forum went into some discussion about it. Magic, a dream, etc.

I doubt they'll answer that question. It's just a thing that happened so they could tell the story of Seiji and Midori.
Old 2004-05-15, 02:40   Link #3
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

MANGA SPOILER READ AT YOUR OWN RISK
Spoiler:
Old 2004-05-15, 04:24   Link #4
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Lol it's the big mystery, I think even in the manga, everyone stil speculating why and how Midori is in Seiji's hand. ^^

Why his hand?

It just doesn't make any sense at all, but it sure interesting to watch. ^^
Old 2004-05-15, 05:33   Link #5
Marine-RX179

Sometimes things are more interesting when it's left confused......trying to search for the truth about it would just spoil the fun ^.^
Old 2004-05-15, 06:19   Link #6
Rhia
shush! I was only helping

at the beginning of ep 1 he says something like " if this keeps up i'll graduate with out a girl friend and my only lover will be my right hand" so i guess it came true

and isnt there some cat in it that brown fat looking one or am i wrong anyways i think he has something to do with it..
Old 2004-05-15, 08:24   Link #7
Marine-RX179

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhia
and isnt there some cat in it that brown fat looking one or am i wrong anyways i think he has something to do with it..
Na, the cat is just there to be ran over, stepped on, squished for viewer's pleasure lol.
Old 2004-05-18, 16:25   Link #8
state_alchemist

Well here's my thoughts(what's in the spoiler is only my speculation)
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine-RX179
Na, the cat is just there to be ran over, stepped on, squished for viewer's pleasure lol.
And I agree w/ Marine, the neko is there for comedy relief. Kinda like how the neko for Trigun was.
Old 2004-05-18, 19:08   Link #9
Kurz
Gao~ a sound for the ages

Location: I live in a relm of swirling of thought and emotion, Ever lost in the relm of infinite possiblities.
Hmm... but she wasnt in an accident she just didnt wake up.
Old 2004-05-19, 00:08   Link #10
Kyuven

Quote:
Originally Posted by state_alchemist
Well here's my thoughts(what's in the spoiler is only my speculation)
Spoiler:
no accident, one day she just got all depressed about not being able to talk to seiji, fell asleep, and woke up as his hand
the whole concept is a play on these phrases:
"Right-hand man"
"Your only lover is your right hand"
"Right-hand lover"
my friends are convinced the developers were stoned when they thought MnH up ^_^;
Old 2004-05-19, 06:51   Link #11
nephilim
Loves Kaori

the anime is supposed to be just for gags and nothing serious how midori ends up on seiji's right hand is supposed to be a trivial thing. the main thing should be the comedy part.

personally my favourite part is the scene in ep6 when seiji said something like "NOW MASH ALL THE BUTTONS" and midori's expression and action is so cute!
Old 2004-05-19, 13:56   Link #12
state_alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
my friends are convinced the developers were stoned when they thought MnH up ^_^;

I agree
Old 2004-05-20, 11:08   Link #13
Rhia
shush! I was only helping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine-RX179

lol, I guess.
Old 2004-05-31, 12:43   Link #14
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Send a message via MSN to Yuun
Who cares!!! How Midori turn up like this??
As long as this anime promise a good laugh rite? Besides...sooner or later, the story will tell us how this thing happened so in the mean time lets LAUGH...

Muahahahahahaha................................... ...........................................

Wat a poor cat.................................
Wat poor underlings......................................

Hahaha~ I just couldn't stop laughing whenever i think of the anime...is just makes me laugh so much, and i must say... Midori No Hibi works better than Love Hina.
Old 2004-05-31, 16:11   Link #15
Kyuven

now that i think of it, how DID they come up with this idea?
MnH isn't just about the hand thing, it's also about:
Spoiler:

i seriously wonder how they thought of all this, many of the character types are typical found in other anime, but some are actually different enough to be unique...
Old 2004-05-31, 17:03   Link #16
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
now that i think of it, how DID they come up with this idea?
MnH isn't just about the hand thing, it's also about:
Spoiler:

i seriously wonder how they thought of all this, many of the character types are typical found in other anime, but some are actually different enough to be unique...
Sounds as though they've been watching afternoon talk shows from the States.
Old 2004-05-31, 19:49   Link #17
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

There are a few unique characters that I've never seen before in Midori. SC'll be releasing a one-shot in a few weeks from the artist's pre-Midori days about a family that runs a dojo that's just plain weird (they make a cameo in what will be MnH volume 7), then there are... lots of characters that have been introduced lately. I think they're overkill and are just meant to stretch the series, but they're good characters, none the less.
Old 2004-05-31, 20:42   Link #18
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
There are a few unique characters that I've never seen before in Midori. SC'll be releasing a one-shot in a few weeks from the artist's pre-Midori days about a family that runs a dojo that's just plain weird (they make a cameo in what will be MnH volume 7), then there are... lots of characters that have been introduced lately. I think they're overkill and are just meant to stretch the series, but they're good characters, none the less.
That chapter gave me the creeps and no laugh at all... It was just too weird for me.
Old 2004-05-31, 22:16   Link #19
Pillage

Is there gonna be any more fighting? Don't get me wrong, i think its funny, but I also think the fighting adds to it and is cool. Its awesome how Seiji is such a badass.
Old 2004-06-01, 06:06   Link #20
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

How can a guy fight when his dominant hand is a chick?

Did they show the mother in the Midori chapter? (I forget) She's the greatest part without doing a thing~ XD
Closed Thread