AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-11, 08:02   Link #81
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Since we have Oars who pretty much KOed there, my bet would be: some forces gonna show up and the marines have to withdraw....

We can't leave Oars lying dead (and be turned to zombie) there, right?
Old 2009-12-11, 09:33   Link #82
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

I noticed there was a wall of Pacifistas breathing death on the pirates in one of the panels. I'm really surprised no one's bothered to try and take them out.
Old 2009-12-11, 10:40   Link #83
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

^^They must run on cheap Chinese batteries..
Old 2009-12-11, 13:21   Link #84
SMASHERJACKSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Since we have Oars who pretty much KOed there, my bet would be: some forces gonna show up and the marines have to withdraw....

We can't leave Oars lying dead (and be turned to zombie) there, right?
or can we? since this is the entrance to the new world and a battle of larger proportions.
Old 2009-12-11, 13:23   Link #85
Trax
Rock beats scissors

I've been hoping for some Pacifistas to get squashed a long time ago, but it still hasn't happened... It would have been a good way to demonstrate the power of WB or some of his strongest crewmembers, without impacting a major character. As for Luffy getting smacked around, it's getting old. Either let him sit out for a while, put less focus on him, or let him actually make a difference. I don't see Luffy having a real impact anymore at this point, but he should at least do one more thing that will turn a few heads. It's long overdue for him to show some form of haki in this battle.
Old 2009-12-11, 14:17   Link #86
james0246

So, not only are some of the New World Captains shown, but Sentomaru is also there? Has Sentomaru always been there, or is this his first appearance?
Old 2009-12-11, 14:26   Link #87
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

^^He was shown the very first time the pacifista's were introduced in the battle.
Old 2009-12-11, 14:27   Link #88
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
So, not only are some of the New World Captains shown, but Sentomaru is also there? Has Sentomaru always been there, or is this his first appearance?
He came with the Pacifistas.
Old 2009-12-11, 15:29   Link #89
james0246

^Thank you knidly. I went back and found the weird chubby man...
Old 2009-12-11, 15:51   Link #90
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Looking forward to the next chapter when Garp gets some action.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Old 2009-12-11, 16:10   Link #91
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

You know I gotta say this is just brilliantly epic shit!

Thats about all I can say on this, too epic for words really.
Old 2009-12-11, 16:20   Link #92
marvelB

Wow, I'm actually kinda surprised that so few people are talking about Aokiji being unaffected by Whitebeard's Haki strike. Like I said a few pages back, this may raise the possibility of Logias having some sort of defensive measure against Haki users, after all. Maybe the strength of the Logia user's ambition has to match their opponent's so they won't be affected by their attacks....?
Old 2009-12-11, 16:23   Link #93
james0246

^1.) It is questionable if the attack was Haki-based. Specifically, the marines question the attack.

or

2.) Whitebeard's impending death could limit his "ambition", thus lowering the effect of his possible Haki...maybe .

or

3.) In a contest of opposing Haki, Aokiji's "ambition" was greater, thus he was not harmed.

If it was Haki, I would expect #2 over #3, but I am not convinced that the attack was Haki-based.
Old 2009-12-11, 16:32   Link #94
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Speaking of haki, how do people know when people are using it? It seems that Haki cancels a DF's power but only injures the user's body, otherwise Aokiji would be nothing but chunks of meat by now. But it still puzzling how Akainu's leg isn't chopped off if WB used haki on his last strike; maybe he is getting weaker and so is his potential.
Old 2009-12-11, 16:37   Link #95
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Wow, I'm actually kinda surprised that so few people are talking about Aokiji being unaffected by Whitebeard's Haki strike. Like I said a few pages back, this may raise the possibility of Logias having some sort of defensive measure against Haki users, after all. Maybe the strength of the Logia user's ambition has to match their opponent's so they won't be affected by their attacks....?
Haki is not about solidifying Logias, its not one sided either. Its a clash of intentions of both sides, if the intention of the attacker is as strong as the defender's, it will result in a tie, nothing happens.

Logias won't have any special form of defense against Haki, they will just defend the same way as any other person with Haki. For example, If Luffy could control his Haki well, he will still retain his rubber properties and shrug off a Haki punch.

Aokiji had the Haki to retain his Logia properties and dodge a fatal attack.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-12-11, 16:41   Link #96
Prestige

Quote:
I think Aokiji just completely avoided the attack by making hole on his chest before attack reached him.

So Aokiji just managed to anticipate attack and avoid it completely, there were nothing to connect with haki.

Jozu again managed to suprise Aokjij and deliver hit directly and he obviously had using haki, otherwise Aokiji could just shattered without no damage received.
Old 2009-12-11, 16:46   Link #97
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

With the look on WB's face after failing to stab him, I'm inclined to say its a sign of him weakening.
Old 2009-12-11, 17:18   Link #98
Battler-kun

Whitebeard won't make it out alive anyways.
Old 2009-12-11, 17:53   Link #99
Slayerx

Quote:
Actually what i think the case is that Haki may NOT solidify Logias, but instead give the damage even IF they just phase through the attack... I mean with Aokiji, he broke up when stabbed by whitebeard and slammed by Jozu, but if you notice he was still bleeding down his lip and some on his face... so he still broke up like usual, but he recieved damage

The same thing could be with Luffy... the boa sisters smacked him with Haki... he did not stop being rubber, they just hurt him despite it. Like the haki is dealing some kind of internal damage that ignores devil fruits and what not. So if Raylieh actually struck Kizaru with his sword, the sword would go through him, but it would still deal damage

Last edited by Slayerx; 2009-12-11 at 18:05.
Old 2009-12-11, 18:06   Link #100
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

^^Interesting theory but wb's nakama's talked like they knew how the haki attacks worked.

Plus if you remember back to Rayleigh vs Kizaru, Rayleigh's kick solidified Kizaru's leg.
Closed Thread