AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Durarara!!

Notices

View Poll Results: Durarara!! - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 31 31.96%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 29.90%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 15.46%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 12.37%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 7.22%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.06%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.03%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-29, 20:34   Link #81
Francismeunier
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weils View Post
Ep 25 OVA will be about Izaya's twin sisters (courtesy from wakaranai anime blog):

Izaya has a twin sister? O_O What!
Old 2010-06-29, 21:41   Link #82
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
Izaya has a twin sister? O_O What!
He has twin younger sisters actually, thankfully there isn't an Izaya twin running around Tokyo or things would be even more explosive there.
Old 2010-06-29, 21:56   Link #83
Crontica

Pffh Actual fatalities would occur if there was any more of him.
Old 2010-06-30, 11:34   Link #84
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

That escape was way too easy. Could the $$'s have let them get away knowing..... yeah.. Cause Shizou is also $$'s... Yeap. I think that was all arranged. Why would Celty stop chasing them at a certain point. Why were they on that particular road, going that particular direction.Yeap. It was all planned for Shizou to have at them. And our admirable cycle cops just happened to be in that area too... Yeah... all planned out.

BTW: why did no one make a comment about the OP. Erika falls through a bathroom stall door. Now... either sees in the men's or the others are in the women's... UNACCEPTABLE !!!
Old 2010-06-30, 12:44   Link #85
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerider View Post
BTW: why did no one make a comment about the OP. Erika falls through a bathroom stall door. Now... either sees in the men's or the others are in the women's... UNACCEPTABLE !!!
It looks like the bathroom is still under construction so I guessed it was another of Kadota's jobs and Erika and Walker were hanging out in there waiting for him to finish up. i was more bemused that she fell down in the first place.
Old 2010-06-30, 19:29   Link #86
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

So in the end Celty never got her head :/
Old 2010-07-02, 14:15   Link #87
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Yeah it was like one minute the plot was about that then the next minute that plotting was scrapped all together...Part of the confusion with this show, that and loving a chick with a methane gas-head...The professor dude is weirdo, although somehow that got played down...
Old 2010-07-02, 14:49   Link #88
Iron Maw
Banned

That plot wasn't scrapped, it's just no longer a major priority for her, she said as much back in ep13. From then on was what Izaya had planned to do with it i.e. to prove if there truly was a connection between that Dullahan and Valkyries.
Old 2010-07-03, 22:19   Link #89
Jarmel

Pretty decent ending. I love the drop kick in the background and Shizou with the sign was hilarious. Looks like some setup for some future seasons but was a great wrap-up to current events.
Old 2010-07-06, 07:08   Link #90
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeth006 View Post
A few loose ends:

1. On more than one occasion, there was mention of an upcoming "war" that gets diverted. Izaya hints it's one of the conditions needed for the head to open its eyes...

2. The fortune cookies from the beginning

a. Shinra's: "Your love will never come true."
b. Celty's: "You will find what you seek."

It seemed clear to me Celty would eventually be reunited with her head. Her unexplained dreams and past memories would become clarified, like it or not.

Any chance a season 2 will clear this all up, or did the directors just decide to abruptly end this anime? Confused!!!!
1. season 2 material or else, massive facepalming ensues

a. The translation might be a bit rough, it could say "Your love won't end in happiness" As japanese is always a bit ambigious and translations are loosely done most of the time.
b. It's love. And she found it. She found the answer to her inner desires.
Old 2010-07-06, 07:52   Link #91
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
a. The translation might be a bit rough, it could say "Your love won't end in happiness" As japanese is always a bit ambigious and translations are loosely done most of the time.
Still remember it clearly having 不叶恋 which is technically not ambiguous in any way possible. One by one translation:

不 = non/negative... words such as un-/in- (What is the English term anyway? :|a)
叶 = grant
恋 = love

Most literal translation would be "(Your) love (is) not answered".

/shrugs. I personally have no comments on that though, scenes and actions worth more than fortune cookies can worth of. IOW, it's not as if cookies and fortune is absolute

Old 2010-07-06, 22:46   Link #92
xenia

Their russian was horrible. as a native speaker i had a lot of trouble understanding
Old 2010-07-10, 10:32   Link #93
AkasuraBoshi

now... Durarara was a really good series. loved Shizou and izaya and simon, the first episode caught my attention but soon it got boring when the doller vs yellow scarves vs slasher arc started. but the last episode made it up. amazing and HILARIOUS LAST episode. i couldnt stop laughing when shizou showed up with the stop sign and when horada had that hilarious face on. and i almost got a heart attack laughing from shinras face lmfao... Good series 9/10 XD.

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2010-07-12 at 19:00.
Old 2010-07-13, 06:58   Link #94
kamehameha

don't really get the ending..was izaya's plan foiled, is that why he didn't intervene with using celty's head? Whats going on there?
Old 2010-07-13, 10:55   Link #95
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamehameha View Post
don't really get the ending..was izaya's plan foiled, is that why he didn't intervene with using celty's head? Whats going on there?
He needed a war, and it didn't really happen. No one even died as far as I remember. So yes, his plan was foiled, at least for the time being. Celty being a valkyrie is only a theory of his anyway, there is no guarantee anything would happen even if he managed to start a war.
Old 2010-07-13, 11:03   Link #96
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

More people need to realize that the end of this anime wasn't the end of the story as a whole, it was the end of the third volume of a so far eight volume light novel series.
Old 2010-07-13, 17:26   Link #97
kamehameha

meh i really thought that the anime would end up with that war and he would use the head, since it was an important element to the story of celty's background and future, also with the whole yagrii pharamacy arc.. He'd use the head and something supernatural like in darker than black would happen lol
Old 2011-01-05, 04:03   Link #98
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

Is it just me or did anyone else hate the 3 kiddy characters?

I thought the show was awesome, and really liked Izura, Shizuo, Celty, etc
but I absolutely disliked the 3 brats:

Anri - She IS a parasite, she does absolutely nothing, and half her actions leads to problems for everyone else. (ie. when she spied on the yellow scarf gang, and then asks Celty to bail her out...causing everyone to think the Dollars gang teamed up with the slasher). She has a dangerous sword that curses people and she uses to go around possessing people? I see her as a menace to society...especially at the end when she was still using people to confront Izaya.

I absolutely hated her character...she was bland, uninteresting, and her speech pattern made her seem retarded.

Mikado - He does absolutely nothing...when the sh*t goes down, he hides under his blanket and it takes Celty to set him straight. I don't hate him, but I really don't like him either. Causes problems for everyone with his indecisiveness.

Kiba - annoying middle schooler who starts a gang, but doesn't have the balls, intelligence, or responsibility to control it. Causes problems from his indecisiveness, as well as making bad decisions.

Rawr!!!
Old 2011-01-14, 04:42   Link #99
ronin myael
lost ronin

i gave it a 7, didn't really like the ending. i felt that it lacked resolution somehow. i guess i'm mostly disappointed with how they ended things with celty and her ever elusive head. but this is still a pretty good series. i just felt that it lost a little steam right before the end.
Old 2011-08-22, 03:01   Link #100
amasposu

Episode 24 ties up the series very well. I'm very happy that we have a Masamori x Saki ending. They're so cute together. 8D I'm glad that Saki chose Masamori over Izaya. They deserve to be happy with each other after repeatedly getting screwed over by Izaya. It is priceless to see Izaya get punched by Simon.

I kind of expected Shingen to show up with a significant role or something. Maybe he plays a bigger role in the novel. I don't quite understand Namie's role at the end. Did she indirectly help clear up everything for Masamori by telling Horada about Mikado? What happened to Kyohei at the end anyway? He said there was something he needed to do but it is never revealed what that something is.

Other than that, Izaya's defeat seems a little anti-climatic. I expected Mikado to have a bigger role in the end.

Nevertheless, I am very satisfied with the series. I love every single character design in the series.
Closed Thread