AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-13, 21:08   Link #81
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Areos View Post
That nii-san phrase coming out of Kuro with that sooo sweet voice and looks, damn i fell in love again
it's sweet but mostly, it's so SEDUCTIVE!!!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2010-12-13, 21:13   Link #82
kitten320

Kuroneko is the best actress in the series, that's a fact
Old 2010-12-13, 21:27   Link #83
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Kuroneko is the best actress in the series, that's a fact
How many of us wish that Kuroneko should have been the imouto? Replace her with Kirino, such a constant tease but also cares deeply for the family (proved when she cared for her little sis's interests)

Old 2010-12-13, 22:09   Link #84
Flere821
Lurker

^ Well...

Spoiler for Kuroneko as imouto:

My opinion is that Kuroneko might have made a better imouto than Kirino - though Kuroneko can be so much more with her current role.
Old 2010-12-14, 00:16   Link #85
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Kuroneko was just too cute for words this week. When she came out from behind that curtain in that outfit, and Kyou's eyes practically popped out. The she just about purred and curled up on his lap - I mean, what chance does the poor guy have?
Old 2010-12-21, 00:46   Link #86
Scy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
My opinion is that Kuroneko might have made a better imouto than Kirino - though Kuroneko can be so much more with her current role.
LOL pretty much anyone else in this series would have been a better imouto than Kirino.... except maybe that bratty Kanako.
Old 2010-12-30, 12:39   Link #87
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Any chance of Kuroneko getting her own spinoff series
Old 2010-12-30, 14:06   Link #88
Ritsu026
Ritsu's boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroryoko1974 View Post
Any chance of Kuroneko getting her own spinoff series
dude , she's not Misaka.
Old 2010-12-30, 14:10   Link #89
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
She maybe cute but her mean streak is scary.
Old 2011-01-19, 04:53   Link #90
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

kuroneko!!! XDD d'best!!
Old 2011-01-24, 17:06   Link #91
Metaler

Hanazawa Kana has a thing for voicing impossibly cute character.
First it was Kajiwara Sora, then Tenshi, and now Kuroneko. :3
Old 2011-02-02, 21:36   Link #92
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

What is it about adorably-sexy sexily-adorable seductresses who have "Kuro" in their names in the last 2 years? (Kuroneko and Kuroko-chan) Dark is sexy, perhaps?
Old 2011-02-03, 04:00   Link #93
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
They should have just made it "My little sister's sarcastic cosplaying friend can't be this cute". I would have watched it.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-02-05, 21:00   Link #94
Maugomale

Can't help but notice everytime Kirino is criticized, Kuroneko is praised and/or hailed as a goddess. Perhaps it's time for a change...

I'm just gonna go ahead and say it: I dislike Kuroneko. My main reasons for it are probably because she constantly hides her true persona behind the dark girl mask, always reciting nonsense about dark magics and whatnot. Allow me to recall an example from episode 9: Kyousuke calls her and asks what she's doing. After a brief display of shyness, she instantly put on her "mask" and her true persona is kicked to the side again. Also, whenever I hear her talk, she sounds really conceited, almost as if she's got a superiority complex.

There really isn't much depth to her character either. She lacks the "unknowns" that make Kirino's character seem more appealing to me (the background for her "cold war" period with Kyosuke, for example). I did like the glimpse of her more natural self when she was taking care of her sister, though. It's probably the only Kuroneko scene I liked. If she acted more like that, dropped the dark girl mask and tried not to sound so arrogant all the time, then perhaps I'd grow to like her, but as she is now, I can't bring myself to.
Old 2011-02-05, 22:26   Link #95
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maugomale View Post
Can't help but notice everytime Kirino is criticized, Kuroneko is praised and/or hailed as a goddess. Perhaps it's time for a change...

I'm just gonna go ahead and say it: I dislike Kuroneko. My main reasons for it are probably because she constantly hides her true persona behind the dark girl mask, always reciting nonsense about dark magics and whatnot. Allow me to recall an example from episode 9: Kyousuke calls her and asks what she's doing. After a brief display of shyness, she instantly put on her "mask" and her true persona is kicked to the side again. Also, whenever I hear her talk, she sounds really conceited, almost as if she's got a superiority complex.

There really isn't much depth to her character either. She lacks the "unknowns" that make Kirino's character seem more appealing to me (the background for her "cold war" period with Kyosuke, for example). I did like the glimpse of her more natural self when she was taking care of her sister, though. It's probably the only Kuroneko scene I liked. If she acted more like that, dropped the dark girl mask and tried not to sound so arrogant all the time, then perhaps I'd grow to like her, but as she is now, I can't bring myself to.

I hardly see how a ungrateful, spoiled brat makes it more appealing.

Again, we are missing some development for Kuroneko from the LN. I don't see anything wrong with this, seeing as most people act similar in a way that they show their true self to only certain people while putting a mask to others.

Old 2011-02-05, 23:06   Link #96
Maugomale

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I hardly see how a ungrateful, spoiled brat makes it more appealing.

Again, we are missing some development for Kuroneko from the LN. I don't see anything wrong with this, seeing as most people act similar in a way that they show their true self to only certain people while putting a mask to others.
I'm not saying Kirino's attitude is completely excusable. Like I said, there are "unknowns" that still need to be explored:

Spoiler for A few spoilers:
All of these contribute to her character somehow, giving more depth and making her more interesting.

And what you mentioned about Kuroneko's "mask", the problem is that it's like it stays on 24/7. Even when her sister asks her to read a book for her, she mantains the dark girl persona. Considering she's at home, an environment she should be able to feel at ease, it seems even more unusual to me.
Old 2011-02-06, 17:57   Link #97
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Maybe it's just become a part of her real self.

Anyhow. I recognize Kuroneko is condescending and frequently displays jackass behavior. She's a bitch, but at least she's understandable and displays some kind of maturity and humanity. And at least she's not constantly flanderized into the same annoying behavior.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-02-16, 03:46   Link #98
DummyInc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaler View Post
Hanazawa Kana has a thing for voicing impossibly cute character.
First it was Kajiwara Sora, then Tenshi, and now Kuroneko. :3
sharon reinsworth, nadeko, kobato, mikan, BRS, zange
Old 2011-02-16, 04:23   Link #99
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maugomale View Post

hmm, are you basing this on the anime? if so, just wait till the final part has been released, you might change your view.
Old 2011-02-16, 13:08   Link #100
GreatTeacherKen

I don't think Kuroneko and Kirino are that different from each other. They obviously have different tastes in anime and fashion and have different outlooks on the world but in terms of personality they're quite similar to each other. One of the most obvious examples of this I can think of is in episode 8 where both of them write a story that features the other being treated horribly and have virtually the same conversation with Kyousuke.

Even when Kuroneko was first introduced and before she had a line of dialogue, there were parallels between her and Kirino; during the female otaku meeting, she and Kirino were the only ones who didn't talk much.

In short, every time they argue it's basically tsundere vs tsundere; kind of an odd friendship. That's part of what makes their interaction funny to me.
Closed Thread