AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-29, 00:37   Link #1161
Team Rocket Elite

Nothing really surprising about Inori beating Iwasawa. Iwasawa is still quite strong despite screentime limitations but Inori was just stronger and also was coming off the Guilty Crown finale. Haqua made a good try but once again, Erio was just too strong. I expected Irisviel vs Kanon to be quite close but sided with Kanon winning and turned out to be wrong but not by much. Shiori, Subaru and Fear were in a three way fight for advancement and all three are roughly on the borderline of being strong enough to advance. I expected Subaru to take it but was wrong. Fear and Subaru might be in a bit of trouble in Phase III. Hirasawa Yui was never in doubt of advancing. Yami ends up getting closer than expected but Last Order still takes it. Ikaros loses a close one to Illyasviel but shouldn't have problems in Phase III unless she draws a terrible group for the second year in a row. Holo's victory came as a surprise. I guess Clannad really is starting to decline in Kyou can't even beat Holo anymore. The only character performance that was really surprising to me was Miki Sayaka letting Naruko get so close to her. Sometimes the Puella Magi look okay and other times they look awful. I'm getting a bit worried about what Homura's true strength is.
Old 2012-03-29, 00:49   Link #1162
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
The only character performance that was really surprising to me was Miki Sayaka letting Naruko get so close to her.
No offense, but... why the heck would this be surprising to you? Sayaka has been doing terrible in ISML, and believe me, it pains me to say that so it's no exaggeration. I'm pretty sure this is her first 1st place finish in any ISML match. If anything, her finally winning is cause for celebration for her fans. Please don't rain on our parade.
Old 2012-03-29, 00:57   Link #1163
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Wow that was a tight win over Kyou. Of course I was cheering for that result so no complaints here.

Suppose the most disappointing was seeing Rika fall in last behind Sakura and Kurimu. Suppose the passage of time will do that to you.
Old 2012-03-29, 01:04   Link #1164
HasuMasu
*Artist

Yuno not doing very well.
Old 2012-03-29, 03:22   Link #1165
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

We are up to 7 HanaKana girls now. She's past Kugimiya now I think.
Old 2012-03-29, 09:53   Link #1166
broken270
Defying gravity

Wow, talk about close matches, a lot of these could have gone either way, more so that I thought. Well, there goes Clannad.
Old 2012-03-29, 18:11   Link #1167
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
No offense, but... why the heck would this be surprising to you? Sayaka has been doing terrible in ISML, and believe me, it pains me to say that so it's no exaggeration. I'm pretty sure this is her first 1st place finish in any ISML match. If anything, her finally winning is cause for celebration for her fans. Please don't rain on our parade.
It's not just Sayaka anyway. Puella Magi girls has not been doing good at all overall...

I mean...
Homura - got by Iri by 400 votes (and Shoko by 600). But you have to consider that Iri barely got by Kanon, who finished 3rd in Round 1 (Okay, it's against Niku and Inori, so it's within expectation) and then 3rd in Seeding (behind Erio and Shoko). Not exactly a strong performance by Homura if you want to go there. True, she's 3rd seed overall in Nova, but there's also clear split vote during Seeding...

Madoka - Hard to tell in Round 1 since there's a split b/t her and Kyoko. But finished 3rd in Seeding (behind Inori is one thing, behind Honma, who finished 4th in Round 2, is another thing...). In Round 2 got beaten by (Shiomiya) Ayase of all girl...

Kyoko - Won against Madoka, top her seeding group only b/c her opponents are weak (Fear finish 3rd in Round 2 behind Subaru and Shiori, neither of which are that strong. Misaki is 5th in her group in Round 2). Close match in Round 2 but her opponents are Himeji (Lose to Subaru in Round 1, got 2nd in Seeding in a weak group) and Haruna (4th in Round 1...okay it's a strong group but come on..., then 3rd in Seeding...), and she can't beat either.

Mami - Don't get me started...4th in a weak group in Round 1, 4th in a weak group in Seeding, then 4th again in yet another weak group...

Sayaka - 5th in Round 1, next to last in Seeding (Okay, there's a split, but still), and why would one be surprised at how she barely got by some zakos to win her first match, to finish 7th in Round 2, that is...

The future for the mahou shoujos are grimmer than their future in the anime...

Quote:
We are up to 7 HanaKana girls now. She's past Kugimiya now I think.
Well, too bad it does end there, I don't see any remaining HanaKana girl having a chance...

I mean, remaining HanaKana girls...
Mayuri - 5th in her group
Mikan - 4th in her group...so she may get by.
(Shiomiya) Ayase - 3rd in her group. I don't see her as strong, though
(Hanato) Kobato - 8th in her group
(EDIT: Minato Tomoka - 5th in her group <- How in the world do I miss her when she's actually someone that I vote for over and over again...)

Last edited by ion475; 2012-03-29 at 19:44.
Old 2012-03-29, 18:50   Link #1168
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

You're definitely missing one. There were 12 HanaKana characters in prelims.

EDIT: You're missing Mokan. fifth in her group.

In any case, Ayase might be able to get in by riding the ending of GC (a whole bunch of people I know only watch series after they ended), depending on who her opponent in phase III is.
Old 2012-03-29, 19:45   Link #1169
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
EDIT: You're missing Mokan. fifth in her group.
And I don't know how I miss her when I actually vote for her in almost every round...on a side note, though, she gets no love. But then, RKB is not exactly THAT popular and it's average at best...
Old 2012-03-29, 20:48   Link #1170
Team Rocket Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Sayaka didn't do too badly against Shinonono Hōki who absolutely killed Anjō Naruko earlier. I wasn't really expecting too much from Sayaka but she wasn't that close even to my low expectations. And as a Sayaka fan this pains me as well.
Old 2012-03-29, 21:04   Link #1171
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
Sayaka didn't do too badly against Shinonono Hōki who absolutely killed Anjō Naruko earlier. I wasn't really expecting too much from Sayaka but she wasn't that close even to my low expectations. And as a Sayaka fan this pains me as well.
Ok, I understand, thanks for the explanation.

On the Madoka Magica girls in general - It's pretty clear that the only ones that will be factors in ISML 2012 are Homura and (maybe) Kyouko. I sadly wrote off Sayaka a long time ago, and so I merely wanted to see her win something at least, even if it was just a lone match.

As much as I wish it wasn't the case, the PMMM girls (as a group) clearly aren't that strong in ISML 2012.
Old 2012-03-31, 22:46   Link #1172
broken270
Defying gravity

The front page just made my day.
Old 2012-03-31, 22:53   Link #1173
HasuMasu
*Artist

I guess he means if you want your girl to get more votes.
Old 2012-04-01, 00:21   Link #1174
Eater of All
NOM

Love the new 2012 PV. The upbeat song makes me very excited for the upcoming matches, and it's awesome how integrated the lyrics are with the scenes. Alot of characters are represented in some of their best moments, giving off an epic ensemble vibe. Finally, the theme of this year's ISML is conveyed very well also.

Overall, this PV is even better than last year's. The 2011 PV had some beautiful music, but the captions read like a long Hidenori soliloquy. It's hard to get into the mood when I keep hearing Sugita's voice in the back of my mind.
Old 2012-04-01, 00:38   Link #1175
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Will the appearance of Kyuubey on the frontpage of ISML mean that GunBlade will get more votes and stop being shafted? Such a nice sight for the fans of Homura, Madoka, Kyouko, Mami and Sayaka.
Old 2012-04-01, 01:13   Link #1176
HasuMasu
*Artist

Yeah, nice ad for tuna.
Old 2012-04-01, 02:22   Link #1177
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
If you like our new PV, please go to the link in the description and give a shout out to JaddziaDax! In any case, enjoy your Kyuubey.
Old 2012-04-01, 03:49   Link #1178
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
If you like our new PV, please go to the link in the description and give a shout out to JaddziaDax! In any case, enjoy your Kyuubey.
Kyuubey is nice, but you're better~

In any case, very fab work there.
Old 2012-04-02, 00:15   Link #1179
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Lol, Sora and Madoka in one group.

I can smell all the rage that will be coming now.
Old 2012-04-02, 03:37   Link #1180
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

wow, kholdstare!!! you are making an awesome PV... it's even better than last year's PV
great job!!!

*supporting Shana for her 'last chance' to win Tiara in ISML*
Closed Thread

Tags
isml, saimoe, tournament