Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-30, 15:51   Link #81
Darmill

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Personally, I do not understand why Akainu would even keep Impel Down around for the marines to appropriate. It would serve his brand of justice better if he simply killed all pirates/revolutionaries.
Personally, I think that horrendous torture has always been served as a way more effective means of determent than instant death, ID is the perfect example for it and bloodcurdling torture suits Akainu very well. Besides, pirates can sometimes be very useful to be squeezed for information, Akainu surely is aware of that.

But as Blackbeard D. Kuma already stated, the WG will try their best to keep the barbarity inside that hell away from the public, so most people would have a different vision concerning the image and function of ID.
Old 2012-05-01, 15:50   Link #82
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
croc was an insti-gator
......Lmao
Old 2012-05-02, 10:48   Link #83
marvelB

BTW, putting aside the fact that CC is a horrible bastard who creates WMDs and feeds meth to babies, I actually kinda like how so far, he hasn't been underestimating his enemies. I mean, when Monet warned him that Luffy could have been stronger than his bounty indicated, he didn't brush off the warning as many other villains tend to do. Maybe it's just me, but I always prefer for the bad guys to take their enemies seriously. So I think it's a very nice touch that the first major NW enemy we're introduced to is actually taking proper caution against his opponents (which is completely different than with Crocodile, who kept looking down on Luffy up until the very last minute).
Old 2012-05-02, 11:01   Link #84
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
BTW, putting aside the fact that CC is a horrible bastard who creates WMDs and feeds meth to babies, I actually kinda like how so far, he hasn't been underestimating his enemies. I mean, when Monet warned him that Luffy could have been stronger than his bounty indicated, he didn't brush off the warning as many other villains tend to do. Maybe it's just me, but I always prefer for the bad guys to take their enemies seriously. So I think it's a very nice touch that the first major NW enemy we're introduced to is actually taking proper caution against his opponents (which is completely different than with Crocodile, who kept looking down on Luffy up until the very last minute).
It's pretty much the opposite of the previous arc. Hody and the rest of the fishbrained crew completely underestimated an opponent much, much stronger than themselves and they ended up paying for it.
It's not about under or overestimating your enemy, but the over all ability to judge someone's level which is truly important for any character.

Though I'll be honest, if Law weren't there I would believe that CC is being a bit too relaxed, considering how strong the Strawhats are. However Law is a major asset for CC which makes it quite understandable for CC's relaxed nature (CC himself doesn't seem to me all that threatening in a direct battle, though I know his ability can be quite deadly, it can also be countered with Luffy Haki easily now)
Old 2012-05-02, 11:02   Link #85
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

I call that team zoro faint due to the yeti brothers being too smelly.

Brooke had some resistance being skeletal and so managed to draw his sword before succumbing.
Old 2012-05-02, 14:06   Link #86
Rainbowman

So this week is Golden Week in japan am I right?
Old 2012-05-02, 17:59   Link #87
Divine Punisher

Send a message via MSN to Divine Punisher
Quote:
So I think it's a very nice touch that the first major NW enemy we're introduced to is actually taking proper caution against his opponents (which is completely different than with Crocodile, who kept looking down on Luffy up until the very last minute).
finally, someone who considers the slight possibility, that the bounty might not equal the actual skill-level precautious behavior also seems to be more fitting for a scientist. but lets not forget that its the new world, where caution goes without saying. if he was located and experimenting somewhere on the grandline, lets say alabasia for instance, hed be primarily dealing with rookies and eventually let his guard down
Old 2012-05-02, 21:40   Link #88
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
TBF Luffy was basically a nobody when he showed up in Alabasta with a measly bounty so it's understandable that a shichibukai would look down on him.
Old 2012-05-03, 09:06   Link #89
marvelB

^I know, but it wasn't just Croc, but most of the enemies after him who underestimated the Straw-Hats as well. I mean, even after the whole Enies Lobby incident there were some enemies who didn't take Luffy too seriously (the only exceptions that come to my mind right now are Magellan and the admirals, but I kind of consider them to be special cases). And as Randrak pointed out a couple posts back, even Hody "Punching Bag" Jones kept looking down on him despite being overwhelmingly outclassed by him during their fight (of course, that was due more to his fierce hatred towards humans in general, but my point still stands).

That's why I just find it refreshing that CC from this arc is actually wise enough to use precaution against Luffy. And if you include that with Brownbeard's words about Luffy coming from the "worst generation", it really goes to show that the Straw-Hats are finally acknowledged as a force to be reckoned with.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
(CC himself doesn't seem to me all that threatening in a direct battle, though I know his ability can be quite deadly, it can also be countered with Luffy Haki easily now)

Personally, I have the feeling that CC is more akin to Moria in the sense that he'd rely more on brains than brawn in a fight. So depending on how many clever ways he can utilize his gas powers in battle, he could still give Luffy a run for his money even if he's better suited to take on logias now.....
Old 2012-05-03, 12:21   Link #90
SMASHERJACKSON

no spoilers yet?
Old 2012-05-03, 13:01   Link #91
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMASHERJACKSON View Post
no spoilers yet?
Last week was Golden Week, remember? We got an early spoiler of this week's chapter last week, so now we have to wait until next Tuesday night/Wednesday morning for the next chapter.
Old 2012-05-03, 22:52   Link #92
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
So this week is Golden Week in japan am I right?
Sucks when they have Golden Week just as the story is getting interesting. I love having Tashigi back in thee story. I laughed that Smoker just couldn't help opening her shirt. Surprising she doesn't wear a bra. Also, we've already had the most epic moment of this entire arc "And We Are Nami-san!!". I can't wait till this volume comes out in the U.S. just for that moment.

Though there's been no chapters recently, have you all seen the cover for One Piece Vol. 66 that just came out in Japan? It's nice, but nearly as epic as the last cover. I wrote a blog and posted a picture of it HERE in my blog. It's the largest quality I could currently find.
Old 2012-05-04, 14:56   Link #93
marvelB

^ I had talked about the volume's cover in the last chapter thread, so I guess you missed it. Also, speaking of the latest volume, it looks like it's tied with the previous 2 volumes for having the largest print run by far. To be expected of one of the greatest shounen comics ever!
Old 2012-05-07, 11:21   Link #94
marvelB

So I'm bumping the thread to remind everyone that YES, THERE WILL BE A CHAPTER THIS WEEK. Both Oda's and the magazine's breaks are over now, so things go back according to schedule. That being said, expect the new thread to show up around early Wednesday morning!
Old 2012-05-07, 11:30   Link #95
ellifeedn
Thinker

And it'll be chapter 666. Not sure if anyone cares about the whole superstition and all.
Old 2012-05-07, 14:34   Link #96
golgo13

Zoro group theory: the footsteps were already there and they passed out for some auxiliary reason.
Old 2012-05-07, 15:42   Link #97
Talendra

Yea, it's pretty obvious that Zoro won't loose a "fair fight" to some not even build up semi-fodder dudes, I kinda expect them to pass out for a completely unrelated reason with the brothers just finding them by chance.
Old 2012-05-07, 20:46   Link #98
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Boycott next chapter, Illuminati symbolism trollololol

#killuminati 2012

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2012-05-09, 01:51   Link #99
marvelB

^WTF???

Er, anyways...... eet's-a spoiler time!
Old 2012-05-20, 06:26   Link #100
dodoman

thank you that was cool
Closed Thread