AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

View Poll Results: Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 25 34.25%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 28.77%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 28.77%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 5.48%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.37%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-22, 15:05   Link #81
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtgowns View Post
So an updated introduction between Yozora and Kodaka would be "Yo zorra, tu cobarde" (me foxie, you coward)

At least here "zorra" is not used to mean slut, for that we use "perra" (dog, female), which makes sense since sometimes you can see stray dogs doing the hanky panky on the street. Zorra is more like an ex-wife that gets all of your money. >_<

Now back to our regular programming.
Old 2013-03-22, 15:48   Link #82
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Well...

I defended Kodaka last episode on the grounds that he couldn't reasonably be expected to be clear with the girls' romantic interest in him when all of them have failed to be clear with him but I guess this episode kinda blows that argument out of the water. I understand Kodaka's desire not to lose the friends he has and he clearly has a point I wish the show would give more credence to (almost the entire episode was a great illustration of the wonderful friendship between the Neighbourhood club members), but that was still pretty low.

In any case, the SenaXKodaka ship has well and truly sunk now. I never expected Sena to just straight up confess like that and would've loved more build up from her perspective but it was evidently too soon and the mood it created around the camp was anything but optimistic on the SenaxKodaka ship as far as storyline hints go. Well it wasn't that much of a surprise since this ship was always destined to lose, but man it still sucks to see it happen. It's times like these when i wish another male character appears to sweep Sena off her feet and make her forget about Kodaka... [/AuthorAvatar]
Old 2013-03-22, 19:11   Link #83
chase023

Quote:
Originally Posted by takai View Post
Regardless if he was being selfish or not, his intentions are good. I think a substantial amount of this hate is unjustified. Sure, he could've handled it better but he is thinking about the welfare of the group.
You know what they say about good intentions. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Old 2013-03-22, 19:40   Link #84
Pen3

I will laugh my ass off if he ends up with the student council girl. At least she wears panties!
Old 2013-03-22, 20:17   Link #85
Megrim27

I've never seen any of his actions/reactions as noble or good. I think his motivations have nothing to do with maintaining the status quo of the group or his friendship with the girls. When we saw a little bit more into Kobato's school life, I think it really highlighted that they both have serious issues with forming attachments to anyone aside from each other. So when he fled from Sena, it wasn't because he didn't want to hurt anyone, but because he didn't want to have to acknowledge there was a close relationship of some form between them.

Were his actions poor? Yes extremely poor, but I think of it this way. If Kodaka had a deep phobia of heights, and Sena was hanging from the edge of his building, I can understand his running back from the edge of the building instead of helping her up, though I or anyone else might criticize him for it.
Old 2013-03-22, 20:54   Link #86
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megrim27 View Post
Were his actions poor? Yes extremely poor, but I think of it this way. If Kodaka had a deep phobia of heights ...
... he decides to join a club of mountain climbing, where he is coerced into climbing by foot some smallish mountains, but he says he does not remember, was stoned, didn't notice he climbed any mountains at all. So during an expedition one of the members asks him to do some abseiling (there is no way you can't notice you have gotten suspended in thin air by a rope) and his answer is to drop anything he is carrying and run as if the IRS was looking for him. No, please excuse me but I can't understand it and if I did I think I would die a little inside. If Kodaka's issues are so big either he seeks a shrink or becomes a hermit.

Last edited by mangamuscle; 2013-03-22 at 21:21.
Old 2013-03-22, 21:12   Link #87
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megrim27 View Post
I've never seen any of his actions/reactions as noble or good. I think his motivations have nothing to do with maintaining the status quo of the group or his friendship with the girls. When we saw a little bit more into Kobato's school life, I think it really highlighted that they both have serious issues with forming attachments to anyone aside from each other. So when he fled from Sena, it wasn't because he didn't want to hurt anyone, but because he didn't want to have to acknowledge there was a close relationship of some form between them.

Were his actions poor? Yes extremely poor, but I think of it this way. If Kodaka had a deep phobia of heights, and Sena was hanging from the edge of his building, I can understand his running back from the edge of the building instead of helping her up, though I or anyone else might criticize him for it.
i think the same kodaka really have big issues/fear of have true friends this was showed in previous chapter when he denied rikkar to say who "their are friends" he dont want this happen because in his selfish little world, if their become true friends(the reason of the club being created) everything gonna ende(why???), to extend to not even want have girlfriends, he just want who their things keep at the same " a bunch of weird girls making fusing" while he is just watching over then, another good exemple is the promisse he made to pegasus if indeed he dont want do nothing then why he promissed?(this making a untruthful person), like someone said: yosora is the past(she treasure more her past than the present), kodaka is the present(he treasure this creep weird type o friendship and don want change) while sena is the future(she want friends and boyfriends and continue progressing).
we have a coward chickening guy(disguised as a "dense"), who dont really want true friends or make progress because he is scared of this.
Old 2013-03-22, 21:52   Link #88
MasterVampire

What do you think of Yozora when she was shaking when Sena was giving her confession?
Old 2013-03-22, 22:26   Link #89
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post

In any case, the SenaXKodaka ship has well and truly sunk now. I never expected Sena to just straight up confess like that and would've loved more build up from her perspective but it was evidently too soon and the mood it created around the camp was anything but optimistic on the SenaxKodaka ship as far as storyline hints go. Well it wasn't that much of a surprise since this ship was always destined to lose, but man it still sucks to see it happen. It's times like these when i wish another male character appears to sweep Sena off her feet and make her forget about Kodaka... [/AuthorAvatar]
I wouldn't be too sure about that. Taking Sena's character into consideration she will probably neither give up (well she is a bit annoyed and upset atm probably) nor stop working towards her goal.
And tbh she is also the most likely in the vclub who could archieve it, due to the fact that Yozora lives in the past and just wants to be friends like back then

People from outside the club like Kate (Unlikely though since Catholic nun) or the Student council president are a different story though.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2013-03-22, 22:39   Link #90
Alhazred

The idea that the entire Neighbors Club 'thing' (or a large part of it) might come crashing down if someone said "Hey, we're friends already!" is not totally unreasonable, since Sena and Yozora would almost certainly deny that they are friends in the most vehement manner possible. Both of them are very prone to escalation and reluctant to back down from something that they have said (and they have both repeatedly said that they hate each other's guts), so putting them on the spot like that really could do some damage to their already fragile relationship.

Another issue is that Yozora still subscribes to the 'You only need one good friend' philosophy, or at least she tells herself that she does. Any time anyone steals a march on her when it comes to Kodaka's friendship she either gets aggressive or starts to lose hope. Sena's confession (and any acknowledgement of it by Kodaka) could do bad things to her state of mind, and while she has shown signs of progress toward accepting other people as friends it might not be enough to bind her to the club if she thinks she's 'lost' Kodaka to Sena or anyone else.

Additionally, Sena just confessed to Kodaka in front of Yozora. Even if he wanted to turn her down, how is he supposed to do that without giving Yozora ammunition for more abuse? Sena may be resilient, but there are probably still limits to how much she will put up with - and the 'take her somewhere else to let her down easy' option was off the table because Kodaka just can't think that fast in social situations; his internal monologue says as much in this scene in the LN. It's still an option for later, but it wasn't something that Kodaka could do right then and there.

As such, while i doubt Rika or Yukimura's stakes in the Neighbor's club are threatened too much by Sena's confession, Sena and Yozora's definitely are, so i would disagree with folks who contend that Kodaka's flight was totally selfish or misguided. Suddenly being put on the spot like that was just more than he can handle with his limited social skills, so he ran away to buy time rather than say or do anything that can't be taken back (even though some would argue that running away is also something that can't be taken back.)
Old 2013-03-22, 23:03   Link #91
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazred View Post
so he ran away to buy time rather than say or do anything that can't be taken back
It would be all fine and dandy if the preview showed him returning to the club, but ATM it seems he continues to run away and I think he will need to be dragged into the neighbors club by some/all of the potential fiances. IMO if he were a man he would return to the club and perform the terrible and famous fallen tiger martial arts move >_<
Old 2013-03-22, 23:44   Link #92
eiyuu99

Kodaka
- Fight
- Item
- Defend
> Run

Kodaka now even disappoints Haak.
Old 2013-03-23, 00:12   Link #93
windseer
vocaholic

Kodaka: I got to protect my virginity *runs*
Old 2013-03-23, 01:46   Link #94
type-R!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterVampire View Post
What do you think of Yozora when she was shaking when Sena was giving her confession?
She was about to crap her pants because she was seconds away from losing her only interest in life lol
Nah, I actually felt bad for her, seeing her so vulnerable was kinda adorable and heartbreaking at the same time. She should have shown that side more often, that way she would have raised more flags.

It would have been funny if the director had put some more focus on Kobato's reaction too, since now she knows that Sena could actually become her sister
Old 2013-03-23, 05:45   Link #95
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Rika's flag is flying high during first half....
and now she's changing her clothes everyday.... ++ moe power

that ending really comes out from nowhere
just when I really enjoy the part when Yozora and Sena joined hands to bully Yusa... then 'that part suddenly showed'
poor Yozora.... she looks scared.... Kobato as well..
for Kobato's sake, don't ever accept Sena's confession, Kodaka!

oh yea! why you run away?!
Old 2013-03-23, 06:21   Link #96
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Honestly, at this point, I'm going to drop the series. Not entirely because of these last 2 episodes(I've already read them in LN format and felt the same sense of disappointment in Kodaka as you guys have) but because, it's going to skip alot and spoil most of the future good parts of Volume 8(where we are currently in both the LN & Anime). Also..I was really looking forward to
Spoiler for Yusa finding out about the club:

It's my favourite part of volume 8, so far but they skipped it and I was really looking forward to seeing that animated so yeah. Dropped cause I don't want to miss parts like the above and get spoiled. Plus it's this part that made me like Yusa alot more, she's actually one of my favorite characters.
Old 2013-03-23, 09:42   Link #97
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by windseer View Post
Kodaka: I got to protect my virginity *runs*
Kodaka: I need to go, my people needs me. *runs*.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2013-03-23 at 09:55.
Old 2013-03-23, 09:50   Link #98
mironicus

Quote:
...Christian teachings...
That reminded me again that they have cut out anything related to catholic and christian symbols within the anime. The nuns don't wear crosses, they have "keys" (also Kobato's present was a cross in the LN). Within the church there is just a Maria-like sculpture with wings.
Old 2013-03-23, 10:44   Link #99
SQA

Animes that end up using any Christian iconography either end up looking a bit stupid or people claim they're being pretentious. It's probably just best to keep it a bit more agnostic on the point.

It was a smart choice on the production end.
Old 2013-03-23, 11:15   Link #100
Solafighter
Hige