AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-12-31, 14:11   Link #1621
GDB

For some reason, I thought Flare Blitz's base power was higher than it is, so was thinking after STAB, tough claws, and resist it'd be stronger than Rock Slide. However, it's weaker than I thought, so you're right, it'd be stronger against pure fire types.

However, Dragon Claw would still be stronger. 80 BP x 1.5 STAB x 1.33 Tough Claws = 159.6 power, as opposed to Rock Slide's 75 BP x 2 weak = 150 power.

Talonflame would die to almost any hit though, due to its recoil. Rock Slide would just ensure its death if it tried to switch in.

Last edited by GDB; 2013-12-31 at 14:34.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 16:58   Link #1622
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

You'd think so, right? But there is a nasty physical wall Talon out there too. Thanks to its stupid ability, it gets to Roost first no matter what. Also, Will O Wisp.
Not that I have met one myself though. (Which wouldn't come out anyways)

Still, I'm too busy with other games, but I want to go breed a Kangaskan in my Pokemon Emerald. Then teach it Seismic Toss. And bring it over to X.
Mega ability allows it to throw twice? Which would be strong against walls. I'm talking about Flat Lv50 of course.
But I'm too lazy...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 20:44   Link #1623
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

I haven't touch my Pokemon games in the past several days since I'm furious for the fact that Nintendo pretty much kept everyone in the dark about when Pokebank will finally get release. To me, I feel that people in Japan and Korea has an unfair advantage since they are able to still get Pokebank before Nintendo Network got overloaded. Since the problem is already fixed several days ago, there is no excuse for them to not delay it even further. [/rant over]

Aside from that, I finally managed to get a Feebas and spent a few hours breeding for a perfect one. I got the perfect one after a few hours with 4 stats (HP, Def, Special Attack, Special Def) with max IVs, Speed possibly 30 IVs and Attack, 26… Not bad after a few tries.
Spoiler for big:

On the other hand, I have some Feebas (some of them 2 or 3 IVs) if anyone is interested. I'm looking for Friend Safari or Pokebank Pokemon.
Old 2014-01-02, 21:43   Link #1624
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
I haven't touch my Pokemon games in the past several days since I'm furious for the fact that Nintendo pretty much kept everyone in the dark about when Pokebank will finally get release. To me, I feel that people in Japan and Korea has an unfair advantage since they are able to still get Pokebank before Nintendo Network got overloaded. Since the problem is already fixed several days ago, there is no excuse for them to not delay it even further. [/rant over]
Fixed? The Nintendo Network may be fixed, but I haven't heard anything about Pokebank being patched.

As far as I know, they took Pokebank down from the eshop in Japan indefinitely as well.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 21:58   Link #1625
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Fixed? The Nintendo Network may be fixed, but I haven't heard anything about Pokebank being patched.

As far as I know, they took Pokebank down from the eshop in Japan indefinitely as well.
Aren't they also trying to patch Pokebank so that they can prevent the transfer of hacked Pokemon? I wonder if that will also include Pokemon created via cloning glitch. I remember exploiting that a lot when I found out about it in Emerald.
Old 2014-01-02, 22:32   Link #1626
GDB

The thing is, you can still be mad at them for taking it down for that reason. They had made such a fuss over the fact that their system check was able to catch any of these things, and all the fans told them they were wrong and over confident. Well, you see the result of that.
Old 2014-01-02, 22:46   Link #1627
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Aren't they also trying to patch Pokebank so that they can prevent the transfer of hacked Pokemon? I wonder if that will also include Pokemon created via cloning glitch. I remember exploiting that a lot when I found out about it in Emerald.
That's exactly what I was referring.

It's a known issue that people can not only transfer hacked Pokémon to XY, but make them native to Kalos as well.

Pokebank is taken off of Japan's eshop as well. It's just that because the app works offline, people who already have can still get away with using it.
Old 2014-01-03, 20:29   Link #1628
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

So, I'm thinking of making a 3 Pokemon Trick Room Team for going into Super Singles to alternate into after every 10 or so battles.

I already have:
Mawile @ Mawilite
Adamant Nature
Intimidate-->Huge Power
31/31/31/X/31/31
252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 6 Spd
Sucker Punch
Swords Dance
Iron Head
Play Rough

And I'm thinking of using
Reuniclus @ ???
Quiet Nature
Magic Guard
31/X/31/31/31/X
252 SpA/???
Trick Room
Focus Blast
Psychic
Energy Ball

as my second Pokemon and I have no clue about what my third should be. I'm thinking Dusknoir at the moment but I'm not sure... Any ideas? I also am still not sure about Reuniclus's EV Spread, Hold Item, and Moveset either.
Old 2014-01-04, 01:01   Link #1629
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
The thing is, you can still be mad at them for taking it down for that reason. They had made such a fuss over the fact that their system check was able to catch any of these things, and all the fans told them they were wrong and over confident. Well, you see the result of that.
Assuming you are talking about Nintendo, when did they make a fuss?

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2014-01-04, 08:25   Link #1630
GDB

It was a while back. I remember reading the interview on Smogon a few months ago.
Old 2014-01-04, 13:08   Link #1631
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
That's exactly what I was referring.

It's a known issue that people can not only transfer hacked Pokémon to XY, but make them native to Kalos as well.

Pokebank is taken off of Japan's eshop as well. It's just that because the app works offline, people who already have can still get away with using it.
Its funny a few days ago I was battling a Japanese trainer with zapdos and I was cracking up cause I knew it was hacked when my mega blaziken hit it with rock slide and not only was it not OHKOed but not even in the yellow plus it was faster then mega blaziken after 6 speed boosts (granted he was paralyzed but still)
Its actually frightening how many people even in America are using pokemon that I know not native to kalos and I wonder how they got it
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-04, 17:54   Link #1632
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It was a while back. I remember reading the interview on Smogon a few months ago.
I don't think that is a "fuss"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Its funny a few days ago I was battling a Japanese trainer with zapdos and I was cracking up cause I knew it was hacked when my mega blaziken hit it with rock slide and not only was it not OHKOed but not even in the yellow plus it was faster then mega blaziken after 6 speed boosts (granted he was paralyzed but still)
Its actually frightening how many people even in America are using pokemon that I know not native to kalos and I wonder how they got it
You would have to give me your stats at level 50, but it IS possible to survive with 50% life against MegaBlaziken's Rock Slide
AND
considering their Base Speed is the same and +6 Speed is x4, Paralysis is /4, POSSIBLE to be outsped.

Oh, and even if your MegaBlaziken was Adamant 252 EV
and
Zapdos had no EVs in HP or Def,
ROCK SLIDE does NOT OHKO Zapdos.

Old 2014-01-04, 18:30   Link #1633
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I don't think that is a "fuss"

You would have to give me your stats at level 50, but it IS possible to survive with 50% life against MegaBlaziken's Rock Slide
AND
considering their Base Speed is the same and +6 Speed is x4, Paralysis is /4, POSSIBLE to be outsped.

Oh, and even if your MegaBlaziken was Adamant 252 EV
and
Zapdos had no EVs in HP or Def,
ROCK SLIDE does NOT OHKO Zapdos.
252+ Atk Mega Blaziken Rock Slide vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Zapdos: 126-150 (75.9 - 90.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Not really close to 50%, but you're right that it shouldn't OHKO.
Old 2014-01-07, 17:10   Link #1634
Slayerx

So i finally picked up Pokemon X
Only just started. I find it odd how much i seem to care about starting out right and how much overthinking I'm doing... restarted my game just so that I could get a good nature and characteristic for my Froakie and Torchic, and i don't even care about competing. Not sure what to do about my Kanto starter... should i give it the same amount of thought, or should i try to get a female so that i can breed it and trade them to get the other starters? Already realized that I won't be able to get a Ditto till the end of the game, so i need females if i want to breed em and get the other starters now instead of waiting till the end of the game. Like i said... overthinking.

Also anyone know of a good pokedex app, one that does not require an internet connection? Wanted one for those long road trips.
Old 2014-01-07, 18:33   Link #1635
Destined_Fate

Froakie is nice an all but it's only really good because of its S.ATK, ATK(But it isn't that great), Speed, and Protean. So you shouldn't bother trying to get a perfect Froakie at the start of the game.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-07, 22:47   Link #1636
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Froakie is nice an all but it's only really good because of its S.ATK, ATK(But it isn't that great), Speed, and Protean. So you shouldn't bother trying to get a perfect Froakie at the start of the game.
Ya i know that; that's why called it overthinking. Nature seems to only really matter in competition play, which i was never a fan of, but for some reason i couldn't get the nature and characteristic thing out of my head... Good thing i was willing to stop when i did... My froakie actually does not have good IV's; I might have kept going forever if i wanted good IV's to go with that nature. I don't know for some reason i just cared about getting a good anture for my starter... i don't put as much thought in the others i catch
Old 2014-01-09, 19:50   Link #1637
ImperialFlameGod8190

yea froakie should be only used for its hidden ability and have timid or modest. Surf Ice beam definitely and the last slot is one of these 3 IMO (grass knot, Dark pulse extrasensory). my greninja with timid and max sp attack is a lethal weapon its one of my most devastating sweepers cause I give it wise glasses.
Old 2014-01-09, 19:57   Link #1638
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
yea froakie should be only used for its hidden ability and have timid or modest. Surf Ice beam definitely and the last slot is one of these 3 IMO (grass knot, Dark pulse extrasensory). my greninja with timid and max sp attack is a lethal weapon its one of my most devastating sweepers cause I give it wise glasses.
So what is your MegaBlaziken's stats at level 50?

Old 2014-01-10, 05:22   Link #1639
ImperialFlameGod8190

lvl 50 attack 215 atk 150 speed adamant 252 at 252 speed yea the attack is a little low
Old 2014-01-11, 19:41   Link #1640
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Bold Zapdos
IVS:
31 HP, 31 Def, 31 Spd
EVs:
92 HP, 180 Def, 236 Spd, 2 Remaining

Spd is 150 (equal to your Blaziken = can outspeed +6 with Paralysis
Rock Slide does: 49.7%~58.7% (possible to do less than half)

Tags
pokemon x & y, rpg