AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kannagi

Notices

View Poll Results: Kannagi - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 26 30.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 29.76%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 23.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 14.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.19%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-26, 23:32   Link #61
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Fair enough. I'm not a manga follower of this series, so everything I'm observing is totally from a virgin perspective. So I have no idea how the scene was in the manga, from your quote, I assume you do follow it, so you know more about it than I.

I'm just pretty much saying how I see things with the understanding that I can be 100% contradicted by what is already known manga-wise. For discussion sake perhaps.

Spoiler for control:

But yea, I can accept that all those lines are just Zenges, and it be all clear to me once I see future episodes. ^_^
I won't go any furthur about manga here. But I think we can reach this conclusion somehow just from contents of this episode (maybe a bit far-fetching though).

While Zenge is doing bondage on Nagi in storage room, Nagi asks if Zenge takes the flesh from some human, Zenge replies that Nagi gets it wrong, she doesn't do it by force but Hakua, the original owner of the body, also agrees she does so. In other words, 1) Zenge can possesses any person if she wants (which Zenge thinks that worries Nagi most); 2) she doesn't want to do things Hakua doesn't agree.

She just happens caring about how Hakua thinks and feels. But, yeah, Hakua is useful to Zenge somehow.
Old 2008-10-27, 00:03   Link #62
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
Spoiler for ep.4:

good grief Akiba didn't do his speed-talking again i had trouble following that, I also feel that Tetsuya Kakihara can't live up to it .though, he did talk long

Zange FTW!!

gave this one an outstanding 10/10
Old 2008-10-27, 00:27   Link #63
ayu
DUN.DDUN.DDDUN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Somehow, I think that she looks like McCain in that shot.
Old 2008-10-27, 00:30   Link #64
zzeroparticle
NEET

Send a message via AIM to zzeroparticle
Spoiler for ep 4:

But it's amusing and fun to watch, a concept that I have no issues with, so as long as they can keep this up, I'm pretty much sold. Comedic timing has been solid, characters have been fun to watch, and I can't say I have really any serious complaints.
Old 2008-10-27, 00:33   Link #65
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Oh my gosh, the harem is growing!!! I feel like a dirty man watching some of these scenes...

This show is one of the best shows going on this season, I put it behind only ef, chaos;head, and perhaps Clannad.
Old 2008-10-27, 00:44   Link #66
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Sometimes I watch this show just for the freaking ending theme, seriously.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2008-10-27, 00:51   Link #67
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
First of all, I can't believe this series made it to the current popular series thread.
I mean I like the show, but there's other series that's worthy of being on here more than this show.

Anyways the comic in this series is great. I don't think I've actually laughed watching anime until now. The plot's somewhat dull though...., well at least's it's getting better especially with the introduction of Zange, though I can't see much else happening other than a jealous younger sister complex...
Old 2008-10-27, 06:11   Link #68
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayu View Post
Somehow, I think that she looks like McCain in that shot.
You're a bad person for noticing this, and you should feel bad.

As for this episode: Harem + 1.

The comic timing in this is pretty good.
Old 2008-10-27, 06:39   Link #69
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Maybe Jin just misses the small details, but would have expected more of a reaction to talk of Nagi's body disintegrating. Kind of an important issue if you think about it. With the tree gone she's got to find another source of worship. If only so she doesn't keep getting put into bad situations when it comes to Zange.

I worry about that Hakua. Partnering up with someone that can be that manipulative really doesn't bode well for the future. Not to mention the strain that Nagi mentions that will come of a result of being possessed by something of that level. Though better than it being something that was completely forced on her.

Pretty good episode, but definitely feel Zange is going to mean a lot of trouble in the future. Well trouble at least for Nagi and we'll see what else she ends up doing during the series.

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2008-10-27 at 06:52.
Old 2008-10-27, 07:23   Link #70
yjs

This episode wasn't as strong as the previous 3, but nevertheless was still a riot!
Jin's harem just added another member, so I hope it doesn't degenerate into a typical harem show. Although Nagi has to work a lot harder for Jin's attention!
Old 2008-10-27, 08:04   Link #71
pparker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I knew it would happen soon. Kannagi has just passed Toradora as the most posted-about new show (i.e., not a new season of an old show) on 2channel. It's approximately 200 posts ahead: just into its 32nd thread while Toradora's just ending its 31st (i.e., about 31,100 posts to 30,900).

Toradora had its 4th episode last Wednesday, Kannagi's just aired less than twelve hours ago. Toradora was several threads ahead early in the season, but Kannagi has been catching up. Here is my blog post giving 2channel popularity of fall season shows as of several days ago.
I know nothing of 2chan other than 4chan being a copy of the concept, and it being the host of the Saimoe contest. But I can only surmise from your report (great info, BTW) that it represents the Japanese hardcore otaku community primarily. This being a clue:

Nodame Cantabile Paris Chapter 2
Casshern Sins 3
Michiko to Hatchin 3
Kurozuka 2

These, along with Kannagi, are the top quality shows this season, though not necessarily the most entertaining to a mass audience. Michiko to Hatchin with one ep is uncertain, but hopeful. Index is a Shana-wannabe obviously, but my expectations fell to half based on the last ep. Toradora! has its moments, but otherwise not equal to Kannagi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
She has, Zange and her just have the same exact voice
Hakua's school friends...
Spoiler for ep 4:
Old 2008-10-27, 08:09   Link #72
pparker

Quote:
Originally Posted by yjs View Post
This episode wasn't as strong as the previous 3, but nevertheless was still a riot!
Jin's harem just added another member, so I hope it doesn't degenerate into a typical harem show. Although Nagi has to work a lot harder for Jin's attention!
There was something a bit flat about it, and I think it's Zange. Maybe the performance is too subtle... just seems to be something missing. Could just be the writing this time, or that ep 03 was just that awesome. In any case, needs more Tsugumi!
Old 2008-10-27, 08:12   Link #73
Westlo
Lets be reality

Nope, Zange > Tsugumi!
Old 2008-10-27, 09:04   Link #74
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Nope, Zange > Tsugumi!
the man speaks the truth.
confess thy sin or ye shalt be judged!
Old 2008-10-27, 09:20   Link #75
HandofFate

Even though I personally prefer Zange or Nagi over Tsugumi.

I can't help but always cheer for the childhood friend.
*waves around small flag of encouragement in left hand*
Old 2008-10-27, 10:12   Link #76
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Even though I personally prefer Zange or Nagi over Tsugumi.

I can't help but always cheer for the childhood friend.
*waves around small flag of encouragement in left hand*
May be the habit of pulling for the underdog, but sending good luck to Tsugumi. Liking Jin really put her into a tough field. Though long term she may have a shot. If Nagi doesn't get some major support she isn't going to last. The strain for Hakua with Zange inside her likely won't make that a permanent situation either. Just keep Jin from falling for those girls and she's good .
Old 2008-10-27, 10:13   Link #77
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Nope, Zange > Tsugumi!
Nope, Tsugumi > Nagi > Jin > Daitetsu > Hakua > Zange!

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-10-27, 10:15   Link #78
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I found the "cake" screen quite interesting.

Not only the screen shows how Zange is the one who decide their next moves (even when both have same interest); Zange is also the one who eat first and then "steal" the strawberry from Hakua's. Certainly it maybe a coincidence, but that little detail (which's not in the manga) + the missing apologies (in sport equipment storage scene), clearly make Zange in the anime to be more dominate over Hakua than she was in the manga.
Old 2008-10-27, 10:15   Link #79
herbert

I cheer for both Zenge and Tsugumi. Imouto-chan wants onee-sama and childhood friend wants childhood friend, these two don't conflict (I don't think Hakua's feeling toward the boy is strong enough to be called love yet).

My impressions on girls.

Nagi - the girl is abandoned by hope and dream

Tsugumi - the girl is hoping and dreaming

Zenge - the girl is the hope and the dream.
Old 2008-10-27, 10:21   Link #80
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

At this moment, my favourite character, the one who beat every other character in the anime by miles is:
Spoiler for Possible spoiler, but i'm not sure myself:

*rewatch Ep 2 in desperate attempt to satisfying myself*