AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-12-10, 22:11   Link #421
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

You can use the [Manga]Latest Kekkei Genkai... thread where those theories have already took place.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 16:34   Link #422
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

The topic of the thread I want to start is Naruto's stagnation. Just a little bit of venting I wrote up a second ago on the topic:

Am I the only one who thinks Naruto's become stagnant in the second season of manga/Shippuden? He was supposed to have gone off for three years to train with the master who taught him a move like the Rasengan in one week - so we were supposed to imagine how much he'd learned in those three years. Turns out he didn't learn anything new at all and actually became worse at controlling himself.

Kishimoto dangled a little bit of his potential in front of us, like when he was the only one to see Chiyo moving to strike Kakashi and the Odama Rasengan, but then he proves completely unable to control his anger and the Kyuubi. Then, he becomes in need of more training, so that three years was for nothing. Then, he's supposed to come up with this great new move, and we're all led to think it was something new; turns out it's just more Rasengan. Then, despite all the training and how far he's supposed to have come, he goes off for MORE training.

Ok, huh? I understand that Kishimoto wants to display him as the underdog, evergrowing ninja, but come on. The kid spends his whole life training. He hasn't fought a serious opponent at all since he got older. Not one that he didn't get owned by, anyway. And I thought all that training would make him a force to be reckoned with and an actually respectable ninja, but he still seems like a weak little kid who's nowhere near the level of those he fights. What do you guys think?
lonewolf777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 16:57   Link #423
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf777 View Post
The topic of the thread I want to start is Naruto's stagnation. Just a little bit of venting I wrote up a second ago on the topic:

Am I the only one who thinks Naruto's become stagnant in the second season of manga/Shippuden? He was supposed to have gone off for three years to train with the master who taught him a move like the Rasengan in one week - so we were supposed to imagine how much he'd learned in those three years. Turns out he didn't learn anything new at all and actually became worse at controlling himself.

Kishimoto dangled a little bit of his potential in front of us, like when he was the only one to see Chiyo moving to strike Kakashi and the Odama Rasengan, but then he proves completely unable to control his anger and the Kyuubi. Then, he becomes in need of more training, so that three years was for nothing. Then, he's supposed to come up with this great new move, and we're all led to think it was something new; turns out it's just more Rasengan. Then, despite all the training and how far he's supposed to have come, he goes off for MORE training.

Ok, huh? I understand that Kishimoto wants to display him as the underdog, evergrowing ninja, but come on. The kid spends his whole life training. He hasn't fought a serious opponent at all since he got older. Not one that he didn't get owned by, anyway. And I thought all that training would make him a force to be reckoned with and an actually respectable ninja, but he still seems like a weak little kid who's nowhere near the level of those he fights. What do you guys think?
Despite the fact that these questions have been asked nearly every week in the Current Chapter Threads, as well as a variety of other threads/topics, there are, in fact, allready two active threads dealing entirely with this question:

[Anime-Only] Naruto's Progress

and

{Manga Only} Naruto's Progress .

So, if you really want to, you can restart these threads with your question(s).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 19:19   Link #424
Haku-Men
Banned

Location: depths of Kagutsuchi where the Sheol Gate is located
Favorite Naruto OP/END- Discussing favorite Naruto anime opening songs and endings, haven't been here so if there is already a thread could you show me
Haku-Men is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 20:23   Link #425
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahakala View Post
Favorite Naruto OP/END- Discussing favorite Naruto anime opening songs and endings, haven't been here so if there is already a thread could you show me
The Offical Naruto Music Discussion already exists.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 12:32   Link #426
Haku-Men
Banned

Location: depths of Kagutsuchi where the Sheol Gate is located
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Hmmm....I was leading towards a poll thread to rank favorite OP/END, this is more like an information sort of thing
Haku-Men is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 16:24   Link #427
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahakala View Post
Hmmm....I was leading towards a poll thread to rank favorite OP/END, this is more like an information sort of thing
I dont believe there is need for a poll for fav OP/ED since it would just lead to many one-liners and not alot of discussion. You can try searching to see if there are other music threads but I believe thats the one most members use.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 16:50   Link #428
Kotengu
KING RANSOM

How about a thread about peoples top 3 battles in naruto and why
Mine for instance would be
Spoiler for manga:
2.Sasuke vs Naruto cuz the manga made Kagebushin seem really bad ass and hard to deal with
3.Chiyo and Sakrua vs Sasori cuz that is a perfect example of a ninja battle against a monster, in terms of planing, surprise attacks, and forte utilization.
Old 2008-12-20, 09:16   Link #429
Sasuke_Bateman
No

Report from festa Jump 2009, Kishimoto's interview and what not. The same as last year.

Pictures - http://p.pita.st/?m=orjpirv2
Sasuke_Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 02:49   Link #430
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Despite the fact that these questions have been asked nearly every week in the Current Chapter Threads, as well as a variety of other threads/topics, there are, in fact, allready two active threads dealing entirely with this question:

[Anime-Only] Naruto's Progress

and

{Manga Only} Naruto's Progress .

So, if you really want to, you can restart these threads with your question(s).
Well, if I were to do so, I'd do so with the manga thread, but that one is closed down. Anyway, don't worry about it. The current chapters threads are too difficult to keep up with because they get so many posts in such a short time, some of which are ridiculously long, so much so that by the end of the day of a chapter release, there's already like 20 pages of posts. Feh.
lonewolf777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-22, 06:59   Link #431
Sasuke_Bateman
No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke_Bateman View Post
Report from festa Jump 2009, Kishimoto's interview and what not. The same as last year.

Pictures - http://p.pita.st/?m=orjpirv2
Lol nevermind I was a waste of time
Sasuke_Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 09:21   Link #432
topcowfan

A Will Sasuke eventually get with Sakura thread to counter the other thread.
topcowfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 14:28   Link #433
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcowfan View Post
A Will Sasuke eventually get with Sakura thread to counter the other thread.
Why won't Sasuke say yes to Sakura?
When is Sasuke going to reciprocate Sakura's feelings for him?

I'm sure there are others, but those were the two I found right away.

edit: It seems one of them was activated recently...
Old 2008-12-28, 22:32   Link #434
nutype
Future MD

I find it odd that there is a "who shouldnt have died" thread but no "who should have died" thread.
nutype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-31, 05:42   Link #435
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutype View Post
I find it odd that there is a "who shouldnt have died" thread but no "who should have died" thread.
Hey, that's a funny idea! "Who should have died and when?"
You really made a good point there.
Old 2009-01-02, 20:34   Link #436
topcowfan

I want to create a thread about the vast overrating and main advertising of the fandom of Uzumaki Naruto, including pairings, role, and the character's dynamic.
topcowfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-02, 21:09   Link #437
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcowfan View Post
I want to create a thread about the vast overrating and main advertising of the fandom of Uzumaki Naruto, including pairings, role, and the character's dynamic.
Well,

If you could change anything about Naruto...what would it be???

or

Character flaws in Naruto

or even

Why is Naruto so popular?

might work (there are several more similar-esque threads that could also be used).

That being said, I doubt any moderator would create a (some might say delibrately antagonistic) thread concerning the overrating of the series or character Naruto.
Old 2009-01-05, 06:30   Link #438
SuigetsuKun
Circus Clown

Is there a thread about facts / ideas? I repeatedly see people come up with the same ideas and phrases and that's kind of boring. People should either read threads more thoroughly or at least know where to look it up. It's like inventing the wheel again and again and everybody thinks he/she was the first.
And instead of trying to impose on your mind, you adjust yourself to your opponent like water pressing on an earthen wall. It flows through the slightest crack. Running water never grows stale. So you just have to 'keep on flowing'. Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=83552&dateline=122831  7993
SuigetsuKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 02:15   Link #439
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
I want a thread about the cat-dog-theory. I guess you are aware of what that is.
Old 2009-01-06, 07:42   Link #440
Josh Uzumaki

no? what is that
Josh Uzumaki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
request, requests