AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-10-13, 20:43   Link #321
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
For all we know Father Ander...er the priest initiated the fight. I can't remember if it was mentioned that the other guy in the suit did.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 20:50   Link #322
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
For all we know Father Ander...er the priest initiated the fight. I can't remember if it was mentioned that the other guy in the suit did.
More than likely the priest did start the fight as he's trying to drain their energy for an unknown reason. But Yukina wouldn't know this as she's traveling by rail to the scene.
Old 2013-10-13, 21:19   Link #323
kagato3

Yes , Yukina only really saw the vampire causeing damage so to her he wasthe most likely suspect. It speaks volumes that the way she was raised she doesn't pass judgement and moves to protect a fallen suspect from a human. Thats not something you see often from a group thatraises child soldiers.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 22:12   Link #324
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by greensoulreaper View Post
I rarely say this for adaptations, but to me the anime designs are the best.
Yeah. It's so rich in color and the shapes have so much depth.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 22:16   Link #325
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

During the first episode i actually thought himeragi had a few brown strands of hair at the sides. It was actually just the light effect but it looked damn cool (and kawaiiiiii)

Cheers

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 23:01   Link #326
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
@Triple_R: I am far from persuaded, so let's agree that we disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Well it might have something to do with the fact she has been raised as an counter to rampaging Supernaturals and there is what appeared to be a rather powerful one right in front of her. Manga handled it a bit better as the MC wanted to go with her and she had to point out that anything beyond the defense of himself or family and friends could be twisted into an act of aggression opening up a large can of worms.
This makes a lot more sense.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 23:27   Link #327
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
@Triple_R: I am far from persuaded, so let's agree that we disagree.

This makes a lot more sense.
It's still there in the anime but not explained as well
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2013-10-14, 00:06   Link #328
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
It's still there in the anime but not explained as well
The lack of explanation in any shape and form is what created the problem.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 00:51   Link #329
FateAnomaly

I don't understand the lion king reasoning at all. Why did they send a amateur to observe and kill kojo if necessary. If himeragi is able to kill him then he isn't a big threat at all. Do they hate himeragi or is she the best they have to offer? Or do they plan to use her as a honey trap?
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 01:11   Link #330
whitecloud

My guess is...1) she is their only young sword shaman that at the right age range...2) good looking, and happen to be also akatsuki's type...remember when they ask is he your type?
Old 2013-10-14, 01:12   Link #331
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

It only means that they didn't "send her to observe and kill Koujo if necessary".
Based on how the "lady in the curtain" asked Himeragi if Koujo is "Yukina's type", they are probably manipulating Koujo into helping Himeragi — and Simba.org by extension — into fulfilling the tasks Simba.org needs to do, including eliminating threats.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 01:20   Link #332
Marina2

There is the information about the World and the terms used in this show on the offical website. It would be nice if someone can translate those info for us....
Old 2013-10-14, 01:23   Link #333
whitecloud

We can safely said it is true...remember there is already a lot of trouble even now with the eastern europe church attacking the demon in the city to gathering power, i dont think it is that simple...im sure the final plan in the destruction of the city itself...

Simba.org need a lot of power many of these problem and cannot only rely on sword shaman, as the number maybe minimal at best, they need a bigger power, but cannot also ask help directly, so i guess this plan was formed...you know using women for power...
Old 2013-10-14, 01:42   Link #334
Marina2

Maybe they send Yukina to kill him in hope to make Koujo show his 'power' and cause the whatever war to happen.

However, look like the situation turned out to be better than expected. Now that Koujo will help Yukina in her battles, he will surely show his true power. Actually, I think he just done it at the end of ep.2
Old 2013-10-14, 08:41   Link #335
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Maybe they send Yukina to kill him in hope to make Koujo show his 'power' and cause the whatever war to happen.
They don't want the war to happen as humanity will be the ones that get caught in the crossfire. She must be very talented as they did give her one of their most powerful weapons. Overall I believe the groups goal is peace and they will remove anything that threatens it.
Old 2013-10-14, 08:57   Link #336
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

As I said, I believe they are using her as an alarm system. They'll get word as soon as the 4th goes berserk, because they'll stop hearing from her.

I'm more intrigued as to what the sensei said about simba.org being her rivals. Surely no one would "rival" each other on a walking nuclear bomb like akatsuki is.

Simba is trying to start a war or something by turning the 4th into their side, I guess a lot of people will be trying that after episode 2 when the west knows about it.

Cheers

Old 2013-10-14, 09:08   Link #337
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
The "Is he your type?" question is telling. Perhaps they're actually gambling that Yukina and Kojo fall for each other (and have reason to suspect that Yukina is his type), and then they gain some degree of control over him by extension.

Even if they don't want war, it doesn't hurt to ensure that the walking nuclear weapon is under your control and not one of your rivals.
Old 2013-10-14, 09:22   Link #338
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

I'm actually doubting that Yukina is all that oblivious to stuff. Maybe they did tell her to try and seduce him?

If they did, acting all that kawaii and stuff is just a ploy to get him into her reach?

If simba is really planning that, it explains the abundance of females in Akatsuki's OP harem.

Cheers

Old 2013-10-14, 10:02   Link #339
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturia Polaris View Post
I'm actually doubting that Yukina is all that oblivious to stuff. Maybe they did tell her to try and seduce him?

If they did, acting all that kawaii and stuff is just a ploy to get him into her reach?
Hhhmmm... Not that I want to re-raise the earlier panties vs. wet shirt debate, but perhaps that can provide an alternate explanation for those who had issues with Yukina's different reactions there.

Perhaps Yukina was intentionally trying to turn on Kojo with the wet t-shirt, and so she's obviously not upset that it worked, whereas the Episode 1 skirt flip wasn't "part of the plan" so it left her feeling embarrassed. Or I suppose you could even say that the earlier embarrassment was a ruse to try to seem cute to Kojo, but she decided to try a different approach with the wet t-shirt.

I'm not sure how I feel about this idea, though. If executed well, it could make for a great story with great drama. But if executed poorly, it could make Yukina look really bad, and I'd rather not see that happen.

Still, it's an interesting idea!
Old 2013-10-14, 10:25   Link #340
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturia Polaris View Post

Eh, I really doubt it. It's way too contradictory to the straightforward and awkward nature she's shown.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
supernatural, vampires