AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2013-02-15, 19:37   Link #4881
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post

Ugh, another yearly figure I have to buy...
lol? Didn't someone just reveal a figure of her in that exact same costume like a month ago?
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 20:11   Link #4882
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
lol? Didn't someone just reveal a figure of her in that exact same costume like a month ago?
That was the Free-ing verison, this one is GSC.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 21:19   Link #4883
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
That was the Free-ing verison, this one is GSC.
That they're by companies under the same umbrella in such short time of each other disturbs me. They need to cut down on the miku crack over there lol
Old 2013-02-16, 05:18   Link #4884
Revan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightbatŪ View Post
Isn't that a kinda wrong perspective?
I mean, I would go with lesser quality only if there was hardly anything available
SEGA and Banpresto prize figures are getting better and better in terms of quality. It's perfect for to get a decent figure of a character for a fairly low prize.
Old 2013-02-16, 09:30   Link #4885
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan21 View Post
SEGA and Banpresto prize figures are getting better and better in terms of quality. It's perfect for to get a decent figure of a character for a fairly low prize.
Sure, but that's a discussion about 'when' something is good enough to buy
where availability, taste and financial considerations come into play

I can understand RWBladewing as a collector being a fan of Asuna to try and get all releases though
It has a few 'beauty-flaws', but (luckily) the figure is nowhere near the same category as Sader
Old 2013-02-16, 17:40   Link #4886
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Griffon is just terrible at faces. It's a fact you have to accept with them. I own over 30 (largely Touhou) because they're the only company doing Touhou figures in any quantity. A few others have done a handful, and even then, some of those aren't great.

Anyway, there will be more/better Asuna figures. I'm waiting for something better to show up. Volks' is the best so far, but after waiting over a year for Nagisa, I won't buy another Volks figure.
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 09:49   Link #4887
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I'll just add that afaik only Griffon does Touhou figs of characters that are NOT Reimu, Marisa, the EoSD and PCB folks. If there were better figs of UFO girls (example), I'd gladly take them.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 14:59   Link #4888
Archaeon

I've never buy a single anime figure before but plan to do so to in the future. Just curious, which company in your opinion create the best anime figurines? Bandai? Banpresto? What's the pros and cons for each figures created by different company? Need advice.
Archaeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 15:08   Link #4889
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
I've never buy a single anime figure before but plan to do so to in the future. Just curious, which company in your opinion create the best anime figurines? Bandai? Banpresto? What's the pros and cons for each figures created by different company? Need advice.
What's your price range? The more expensive the figure, the better the quality usually.

For the very best figures, ignoring price and subject matter, I would say Alter. They still sculpt their works completely by hand iirc. Lately Good Smile Company or one of its umbrella companies will put out something to rival Alter, and as of late GSC and Friends have been making really huge, extravagant figurines. The Big 3 in figure making in Japan are probably Alter, GSC and Max Factory (owned by GSC). There are some even better companies, but they release really rarely. And of course this is an opinion, I would need to know more about what you want to help you better.

Banpresto usually creates prize and trading figures I believe. Pretty low on the ladder for all figurines, but for trading figures, they are one of the best. Their figures usually look like they are worth much more than their prices, but since they're trading quality they'll have a goof or two somewhere. To answer your question, no, I don't think there's a chance in hell that Banpresto makes the best figurines. Not even close to close

Bandai's figures are higher on the ladder than Banpresto, and they look really nice. But still are absolutely not the best figure makers. Not even in the same class as the best companies.

Last edited by Kudryavka; 2013-02-20 at 15:19.
Old 2013-02-20, 15:47   Link #4890
Xion Valkyrie

Like Kudryavka said, Alter, GSC, Max Factory are pretty much the best. Although GSC quality varies a bit depending because they put out so many figures. For ecchi figures, Native is by far the best, although Orchid Seed has been getting pretty good too.

One of the new companies that I like a lot is Phat Company.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 17:01   Link #4891
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Banpresto and Bandai are cheap trading/prize manufacturers. Their quality is nothing better than children's toys, not works of art like the real companies produce. Alter as stated is probably the best, though GSC and its child companies (FREEing, Phat Company, Max Factory, Gift) produce some great stuff. And for ero type figures Native and Orchid Seed are probably the best.

Alpha Max, Kotobukiya, Alpha x Omega and Volks are some other companies I have figures by that I quite like, though don't really meet Alter/GSC standards often.

If you want cheap figures that are still quality, unlike Banpresto and Bandai or Sega, then Wave's Beach Queens are surprisingly good for their insignificant prices.
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 01:20   Link #4892
Archaeon

Which company create the best One Piece figures?

And thanks for the advice and reply.

Last edited by Archaeon; 2013-02-21 at 06:51.
Old 2013-02-21, 04:26   Link #4894
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I will have to pitch in an opinion and say, Grandline lineup of Bandai DX figures are insanely well done considering its extremely inexpensive nature of being prize figures. GLM are best bang for the buck. Not as high quality as POPs, obviously, but fraction of the cost.

Which reminds me, I gotta order that Moby Dick GLS....
Old 2013-02-21, 06:52   Link #4895
Archaeon

Oh by the way, regarding those figures, do they have articulation or are they mostly like statue?
Old 2013-02-21, 07:09   Link #4896
Revan21

Quote:
Oh by the way, regarding those figures, do they have articulation or are they mostly like statue?
The Megahouse ones are statues.

Articulted action figures from OP are made by Bandai but there are only a few of them.
Old 2013-02-21, 07:15   Link #4897
Archaeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan21 View Post
The Megahouse ones are statues.

Articulted action figures from OP are made by Bandai but there are only a few of them.

I suppose that also means anime figures in general are mostly statue?
Old 2013-02-21, 07:30   Link #4898
Shyni

Pretty much, yeah. There are a few good product lines with great articulation, though. Figma especially comes to mind.
Shyni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 08:29   Link #4899
Revan21

Quote:
I suppose that also means anime figures in general are mostly statue?
Indeed.
Except the figmas, nendoroids, CM's Gutto-Kuru figures, PlayArt's Final Fantasy figures, Revoltech figures

Also Dollfie and Azone dolls
Old 2013-02-21, 08:55   Link #4900
Kudryavka

Dollfie Dream specifically are anime figures (or at least meant to be treated as such). All other Dollfies are not anime, they're either Asian ball jointed dolls (Super Dollfie) or inspired by BJDs (Dollfie, any other lines I'm forgetting).