011 - 020: Awful... 3 3.70%
000 - 010: You'd rather be watching Beyblade... 4 4.94%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-06-03, 13:54   Link #21
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Sound effects when Naruto enters the scene... godlike... and same goes for the flying Fuuton RasenShuriken. It seems Chouji has turned out to be useful since it was his idea to throw it.

Last edited by AuroraFlash; 2010-06-03 at 14:12.
AuroraFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 14:25   Link #22
Sbetsho

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubeE View Post
The animation was terrible. The artwork was terrible. The music was terrible. Basically everything about this episode was terrible except for the awesome subject matter (which in my opinion was completely ruined by the animators' poor execution). This coupled with the fact that the manga has been particularly lame recently makes me think it's time to stop following this series.
Well.. the two newest chapters in manga has been epic, so interesting times ahead.
Old 2010-06-03, 14:50   Link #23
Nosauz

Fuuton rasengan shuruken shouldn't hurt naruto when he's in sage mode anyway, since he has super fast recovery, super strength and a stronger body overall.

honestly the animation quality was just horrendous, I mean seriously the animating team should commit sepukku over this. The worst part was how the displayed the entry of naruto with floaty pain. COMPLELTELY ridiculous, it looked terrible, if pain was a fucking gundam landing then i could buy him slowly hovering but pain(god realm) has never had the ability to hover/fly. It was just a bad interpretation of the manga. Also most of the fight lakced any real impact at all. I just don't see how people could claim this to be anywhere near the top let alone perfect. I'm pretty sure when I say the chunin exam was better animated than the current crop of episodes, while on a smaller budget and i'd be dead on.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 15:01   Link #24
SuigetsuKun
Circus Clown

I liked the fighting scenes a lot!
Tsunade and her speech... that reminds me of... a poem. "But I, being poor, have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet. Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."
And instead of trying to impose on your mind, you adjust yourself to your opponent like water pressing on an earthen wall. It flows through the slightest crack. Running water never grows stale. So you just have to 'keep on flowing'. Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=83552&dateline=122831  7993
SuigetsuKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 15:07   Link #25
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuigetsuKun View Post
I liked the fighting scenes a lot!
Tsunade and her speech... that reminds me of... a poem. "But I, being poor, have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet. Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."
So Pain would answer:
"Things fall apart; the center cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed,
and everywhere The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction,
while the worst Are full of passionate intensity."
Old 2010-06-03, 15:52   Link #26
Crimson Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjento View Post
BUT PLEASE TELL ME A THROWN FUUTON RASEN SHURIKEN IS NOT "THAT JUTSU"?! Epic fail if it is.
Don't worry it's not.

As for this episode, they couldn't have ruined the first part of the NarutoVPein fight anymore then they already did. Bad pacing and editing is just the tip of my complaints. They rushed through Naruto asking about Kakashi like it was no big deal. The chapter versions had far more tension, like two really powerful fighters were really going to tear the place up. And what the Hell was Gamabunta on to be able to be that fast and agile!!?? He didn't pull that wire-fu crap with Shukaku!
Hopefully next week the Rasen-Shuriken will be given some decent animation, I don't care about their budget. They spent plenty of it on Sasuke but not the main characters greatest fight to date?

At least the omake was funny.
Crimson Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 17:01   Link #27
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Well, maybe they have to save some money for further Sasuke action... but nothing could stop me from getting goosebumps. I've been waiting for this and I've been enduring all the bad filler stuff just to get where we are now...
Old 2010-06-03, 17:25   Link #28
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by outcast_within View Post
I just watched ep 88. I found the build up of that rasenshuriken much better/looking dangerous.

there should be a picture here. It's not showing

I suppose, but in my opinion, that's due to the differences in the quality of the animation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
Fuuton rasengan shuruken shouldn't hurt naruto when he's in sage mode anyway, since he has super fast recovery, super strength and a stronger body overall.
Ehhh... I don't mean to continuously go off-topic but the thing about it is that Rasenshuriken's been said to be composed of thousands/millions of little wind chakra blades that attack on a cellular level back against the fight against Kakuzu. And repeated usage at melee range would render Naruto unable to mold chakra, even if he does have super fast recovery or at least that's what Tsunade said after that particular fight. But then again, Sage Mode wasn't revealed until many chapters later so that may throw my whole explanation down the drain.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 17:31   Link #29
Maxtro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvx360x View Post
Gotta say Tsunade is a pathethic hokage though. She used up all her chakra while "trying to protect the village". She didn't even think about fighting the one causing everything, instead she used all her chakra on the injured while not attacking the one causing it.
Uh, she pretty much prevented any deaths from occurring because of Pain's attack.

If making sure nobody dies isn't protecting the village, I don't know what is.
Maxtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 17:57   Link #30
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
I don't get what's so bad with the first half of the episode...Was it slow? Yes...But so what? It helps put the entire fight Naruto now has to hold in context...

OK, so what do I mean when I say "in context"? Well, we just need last-minute solidification that the entire village of Konoha is pretty much useless in the face of Pain before Naruto makes his ultimate move against Pain as the village hero...We've already had pretty much episode-on-episode since Pain's invasion showing that direct action by Konoha's ninjas against Pain was essentially futile, and just in last week's episode, Pain added insult to injury by using Shinra Tensei to flatten Konoha itself...You've got a couple casualties, a lot of injuries, just as many incapacitated, no one able to successfully stand against Pain, and one Hokage that used up all her power to save the remaining surviving citizens from what would have been imminent death...Where does this all leave us then? Enter Sage Mode Naruto Uzumaki Naruto was able to take on two of Pain's bodies plus an Animal Summon in a matter of minutes where everyone else failed after much time spent on combat...

The first half of the episode was the perfect setup for Naruto to enter in as a total badass and single-handedly save the village from Pain's assault...

Even in a shounen title, you have to have setups...You can't just directly enter into immediate fight after immediate fight, or else the excitement of the fight is going to wear off very quickly and what should be epic will just look pathetic...You know, just like in Bleach these days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjento View Post
BUT PLEASE TELL ME A THROWN FUUTON RASEN SHURIKEN IS NOT "THAT JUTSU"?! Epic fail if it is.
Uhh...How is that a fail? During his fight with Kakuzu, Naruto not harmed himself when using Futon: Rasenshurken, but also had to get dangerously close to his opponent to even use the technique...A throwable Futon: Rasenshuriken eliminates both problems at once: It not only prevents Naruto from injury, but it also allows him to attack from a distance, something of which is probably going to be necessary if he's going to go into direct action against the Deva Path's powers...I call that a win
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 18:35   Link #31
Zek
Eyebrows...

The animation wasn't the worst ever but it definitely wasn't nearly good enough to do this fight justice. Hopefully they were saving it for next episode...
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 18:36   Link #32
Marvx360x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxtro View Post
Uh, she pretty much prevented any deaths from occurring because of Pain's attack.

If making sure nobody dies isn't protecting the village, I don't know what is.
Not eliminating the one causing it? Lol

Kiba no Tabishounin Manga <3
Marvx360x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 18:56   Link #33
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvx360x View Post
Not eliminating the one causing it? Lol
You can't stop God. Her healing skills far exceed her combat prowess. Preventing lives from being lost is greater than her attempting to punch him to death. It's not like she can attack all six at once, and only God Realm is enough to kill her. Her actions are more befitting a leader.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 19:00   Link #34
james0246

^Yeah, but she looks less cool. Shounen is all about the coolness factor and the style points, and if you can look cool even when getting beat up, then all the better. But, Tsunade saved everyone without actually doing anything against Pain. So, she did good, even great, but she didn't look cool, so she's a failure (by Shounen Laws at least).

Last edited by james0246; 2010-06-03 at 19:20.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 19:05   Link #35
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

is it next week yet? dammit lol
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 19:26   Link #36
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Holy $hit, xris opened this thread?? This must be the greatest episode in anime history...
Old 2010-06-03, 19:40   Link #37
Alchemist007
*Author

Any irritation from animation quality I had throughout the episode would've been forgivable if they got the FRS right...they didn't.

Here's the same scene in both media, it's the difference in the level of epic as well.

Spoiler for epic:

Spoiler for not epic:
Old 2010-06-03, 19:50   Link #38
Lumir

Compared to all other serious events in naruto, this one lacked the most in... EMOTION... Naruto wasnt even emotionally unstable or enraged as much as he should be. The very village where his dreams to become #1 is beyond devistated and all he does is look bad-asz?

Sasuke's fake death in the zabuza arc was much more emotional... the sarrow naruto had when fighting sasuke was more... the rage when fighting orochimaru which lead to kyuubi form was WAY more...

Where has the "feeling" gone in naruto?
Old 2010-06-03, 19:53   Link #39
lordblazer
Radical Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubeE View Post
The animation was terrible. The artwork was terrible. The music was terrible. Basically everything about this episode was terrible except for the awesome subject matter (which in my opinion was completely ruined by the animators' poor execution). This coupled with the fact that the manga has been particularly lame recently makes me think it's time to stop following this series.
really? Dude I started watching Naruto as a freshman in highschool. now I am entering my 5th year in University... I followed this show too long to want to miss out on what;s going to unfold, and I for one would like to see Naruto at a higher rank.. Jounin or Hokage before I say quits for this series... seeing that the whole premise of the show is following his entire military career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumir View Post
Compared to all other serious events in naruto, this one lacked the most in... EMOTION... Naruto wasnt even emotionally unstable or enraged as much as he should be. The very village where his dreams to become #1 is beyond devistated and all he does is look bad-asz?

Sasuke's fake death in the zabuza arc was much more emotional... the sarrow naruto had when fighting sasuke was more... the rage when fighting orochimaru which lead to kyuubi form was WAY more...

HE had feelings, but I think he's more mature now to know that Pain is the problem right in front of his eyes, and its time to get to business. HE doesn't have the luxury to harp over what is happening to the village.
lordblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 19:53   Link #40
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumir View Post

Well there was the "YOU CALL THIS PEACE?!" scream.