AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 44 31.65%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 45 32.37%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 19.42%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 8.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 5.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.72%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.44%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-29, 13:35   Link #201
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

Send a message via MSN to Jonbob0008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Agreed. That's one piece of artwork that I'd really like to see someone attempt!
I've seen it somewhere before. I'd have to look through the images thread to find it, but that could take all day. I assure you, though, that it was really cute.

Edit: I just realized I haven't commented on this episode yet.

Anyway, best episode of the new content yet. I'm becoming much more convinced that the "scene" will happen, as Haruhi's abusive behavior is definitely not toned down nearly enough for me to think otherwise. She was really mean to Mikuru in this episode, and she'll probably be even meaner in the next.

I wonder if part of the reason she's acting like this is because she thinks that this is how directors are supposed to act. I'm not trying to defend her behavior, I just trying to understand it better.
Old 2009-08-29, 13:43   Link #202
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacundim View Post
I'm not so sure if the arm-crossing really means that. She also does that gesture before the ogling happens:

Spoiler for Image from Sighs III:
Well, Kyon looks like he's staring at her there, too.

Quote:
So it could go either way. As I said in another post, Haruhi clearly wants Kyon to stare at her.
In the train scene, she seemed to appreciate the attention there, yes. I'm inclined to think that Haruhi was just glad that Kyon was looking at her instead of Mikuru, for a change.

Quote:
What lines she might want Kyon not to cross are impossible to tell, given that we just don't know what's going through that head of hers.
You could be right. My thinking is that Haruhi would like Kyon to appreciate her physical attractiveness more than he does Mikuru's (that's the main key for her, I think), but that she doesn't want Kyon to be ogling anybody a lot. She certainly likes to get some attention though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonbob0008 View Post
I've seen it somewhere before. I'd have to look through the images thread to find it, but that could take all day. I assure you, though, that it was really cute.
Maybe a Google search will bring it up - I'm inclined to think that this would actually be faster than combing through Anime Suki's Haruhi images thread.

Edit: Found it! Or something like it anyway...

Spoiler for Haruhi as Battle Waitress:

Mmmmmm~~ ... Haruhi does indeed look pretty good there!

Quote:

Edit: I just realized I haven't commented on this episode yet.

Anyway, best episode of the new content yet. I'm becoming much more convinced that the "scene" will happen, as Haruhi's abusive behavior is definitely not toned down nearly enough for me to think otherwise. She was really mean to Mikuru in this episode, and she'll probably be even meaner in the next.
Yeah, the scene will happen, I think.

Spoiler for Sighs Novel Spoiler:

Quote:

I wonder if part of the reason she's acting like this is because she thinks that this is how directors are supposed to act. I'm not trying to defend her behavior, I just trying to understand it better.
Honestly... I know that most fans of this series tend to feel sorry for Mikuru, but I've always found the girl to be overly soft and to get upset really easily. I might get fed up with her too if I was in Haruhi's shoes, and had Mikuru whining and practically having a nervous breakdown over every little thing that I asked her to do. Now, don't get me wrong, Haruhi went too far, and hence it was nice to see Kyon come to Mikuru's rescue, but... Mikuru could really use a spine transplant, to be brutally honest.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2009-08-29 at 14:00. Reason: Battle Waitress Haruhi! :D
Old 2009-08-29, 13:59   Link #203
Voitan

Episode was very good, reminded me of the good times.

Tsuruya's reintroduction to this season felt appropriate.

It's as if she needed to cram in as many lines as she could considering how much time she'll appear in this "season" and all of them very much like the ditzy lolfang-tan we know.
Old 2009-08-29, 14:04   Link #204
OkamiNoKaze

Unless Haruhi has changed that much since the beginning of the series, I don't think she would have minded it, if it was anybody buy Kyon. this is the girl that used to change right in front of everybody.
Old 2009-08-29, 14:10   Link #205
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Launch View Post
Just watched subs. ;] (It's a shame that Mazui's release has a lower video quality than usual this week. Oh well)

Things I liked in this episode:
- Koizumi shuddering once Haruhi tells him he gets more screentime in the movie.
- Mi.. Mi.. Mikuru Beam!
- Nagato's swift running towards Mikuru to gouge her contact out
- Haruhi/Kyon 'fight' scene. Music and everything was great!
- TSURUYA
- Taniguchi's expression throughout the last scenes. Constantly in the background going :O
- Mikuru's movie 'outtakes'. I'm glad they're using the same camera effects as the original.
- The awesome art style. Especially during the movie scenes, it looked almost S1ish.

All I can think of for now. Though, this is my favourite Sighs episode so far.

Oh, and also the knowledge of more Tsuruya next week. xD
I agree 100%. Vol 2 of the book was the least interesting for me but that has more to do with how it strains the Kyon and Haruhi relationship. But having watched this episode, this anime adaptation brought greater intensity to all of these action scenes than what the book was able to convey to me. Kudos KyoAni.
Old 2009-08-29, 14:42   Link #206
sacundim

Quote:
Well, Kyon looks like he's staring at her there, too.
In that scene, Kyon's just asked her a question, and Haruhi's been answering at length. And there's no cue that he's ogling her at that point in time.
Old 2009-08-29, 14:45   Link #207
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacundim View Post
In that scene, Kyon's just asked her a question, and Haruhi's been answering at length. And there's no cue that he's ogling her at that point in time.
He's looking in her general direction. "Stare" may be a bit too strong, but he is looking her way.
Old 2009-08-29, 15:07   Link #208
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

I agree that the anime version of Sighs has definitely been superior to the book version. This is definitely one of the cases where "the book was not better." Of course, this has a lot to do with the fact that the anime has done a very faithful adaptation of the book. Plus, all the actors have done a tremendous job delivering the lines. Everything just feels so much more lively than when I read the book.

Man, I can't wait for the next episode!
Old 2009-08-29, 15:10   Link #209
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
I agree that the anime version of Sighs has definitely been superior to the book version. This is definitely one of the cases where "the book was not better." Of course, this has a lot to do with the fact that the anime has done a very faithful adaptation of the book. Plus, all the actors have done a tremendous job delivering the lines. Everything just feels so much more lively than when I read the book.

After reading a few of the novels, I definitely feel that Haruhi & Kyon's story is better presented in a visual medium than in a written one. Mostly for the reasons that you just outlined.
Old 2009-08-29, 15:17   Link #210
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:

Not only Sighs, but most storys are better in the anime. Mostly because the faithful adaption. Even Endless Eight, if you ignore the repeats. An exeption would be Lone Island (not bad in the anime, but better in the novel).

The only, unavoidable, problem is probably the missing narration lines. They mostly need to be cut, which is a pitty, cause they are good.
Old 2009-08-29, 15:19   Link #211
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
Not only Sighs, but most storys are better in the anime. Mostly because the faithful adaption. Even Endless Eight, if you ignore the repeats. An exeption would be Lone Island (not bad in the anime, but better in the novel).

The only, unavoidable, problem is probably the missing narration lines. They mostly need to be cut, which is a pitty, cause they are good.
Though in Sighs case, I'm glad to see some of those narration lines go.
Old 2009-08-29, 15:45   Link #212
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

"Men are potatos"...Kyon is slave labor. She reacts to slave labor looking at her.
Old 2009-08-29, 16:10   Link #213
Bri

Great episode like last weeks, the art work really seemed to hit the mark and the music was stellar.
Old 2009-08-29, 16:38   Link #214
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

Quote:

I actually liked Day of Sagittarius better in the novel, mostly because it was easier to understand what the hell was going on. Other than that, I agree completely.

I should also give a shout out to the directors of the episodes for making sure that the characters' expressions as as lively as possible. When I imagined the expressions made while reading Sighs, it wasn't nearly as varied and enterraining as the directors imagined it. Those guys are brilliant!
Old 2009-08-29, 16:48   Link #215
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Quote:
This is a translation error them. Maybe not so much for B-T, as they couldn't seen Kyon was not speaking. However, Mazui could see Kyon didn't open his mouth, so they should have choosed another word to translate it.
That's true, I personally wouldn't have went with "now that you mention it..."

Ah man, I just realised we've only got 2 episodes left of new material... at the current pace, that's probably only gonna be JUST ABOUT enough to cover the rest of Sighs canon material.
... there's goes my hopes of seeing a 'making of Koi no Mikuru Densetsu', it would've been a good laugh seeing all the NGs and re-recording there'll have to go through not to mention Mikuru-chan struggling to reach the high notes

禁則事項です

Last edited by Mecha_Trueno; 2009-08-29 at 17:23.
Old 2009-08-29, 19:07   Link #216
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Maybe a Google search will bring it up - I'm inclined to think that this would actually be faster than combing through Anime Suki's Haruhi images thread.
Edit: Found it! Or something like it anyway...

Spoiler for Haruhi as Battle Waitress:

Mmmmmm~~ ... Haruhi does indeed look pretty good there!
Found a better one!
Spoiler:
Now the big question would be: if given the chance, would Haruhi actually do it?
Old 2009-08-29, 19:12   Link #217
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Found a better one!
Spoiler:
Now the big question would be: if given the chance, would Haruhi actually do it?
Yeah, I like the one that you found better. Haruhi is more, um, full-bodied there. Great find!

Would she do it? Well, if she sincerely felt that doing it would cause Kyon to start liking her appearance more than he does Mikuru's...
Old 2009-08-29, 19:41   Link #218
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
If she could find an excuse for it, she'd do it.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-08-29, 19:50   Link #219
OkamiNoKaze

I think it would be funny if Haruhi was actually wearing Mikuru's outfit, and the top didn't fit quite right
Old 2009-08-29, 19:53   Link #220
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
... Only so we'd get to see her struggling to try and keep covered. I'd imagine she'd be rather cute in such a situation.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Closed Thread