AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-11-28, 00:40   Link #841
Znail

It's even more strange as 1 month of training should logically put Jae Gu at his weakest. All martial arts traning consists of 4 things: the physical conditioning required for the moves, unlearning any bad habits, leaning how to do things right and finally how to do the right thing by reflex at the right time. The problem is that the last thing takes many years of practice to achieve. The problem with that is that before you manage to learn that part so are you weaker in an actual fight then someone without any formal training.

Another thing is that the advice to do the bull rush makes no sense at all against a natural brawler. It could make sense against someone with formal Thai Boxing training as the bull rush is not something that would be practiced by them. But for a street brawler so would a bull rush be something he has seen plenty of times and should be able to counter easily. The punch makes even less sense, just try and punch upwards above your head while someone is pushing your head down, no power what so ever.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 01:30   Link #842
Shadow5YA

Another problem is that despite saying how Ho Pae has no style or predicability because he is an undisciplined street fighter, Moon Young managed to predict every one of his moves and give Jae Gu seemingly flawless advice to counter them perfectly.

Even if Jae Gu's boasted physical talent is overlooked because it is a common plot device used by many action manga/manhwa writers, this fight still has many holes in its design. Ho Pae is a poorly written antagonist for this little miniarc, and the way the main cast handles him from being in awe at his power in the tournament to not even caring that he exists later... is even less stellar writing.

Moon Young and Dal Dal's fight against the chinese weapon fighters also reeked of ignorance when Moon Young stated that the flaw with their martial arts was that they were physically "weak" when many martial art disciplines use their opponent's strength against them. It was fine when Dal Dal overpowered her opponent because she is just a level higher, but when Moon Young acted as if the reason her group wins is because her opponent's martial discipline is the inferior style, something is obviously fishy.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2012-11-28 at 01:41.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 18:22   Link #843
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I hope everyone is a little more satisfied with this chapter.

It wasn't a KO hit that Jae Gu delievered, rather that, it made Ho Pae become even more wild.

And now, Jae Gu's also flipped his own 'wild switch' and now they seem ready to tear into each other like two animals. *gets ready to play 'Animal I Have Become'*
Old 2012-12-01, 18:47   Link #844
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I wouldn't mind it if Jaegu lost, got really hurt and that took a toll on Moon. Well I already wanted him to lose because...well it doesn't make a lick of sense for Jaegu to win over a guy that beat Moon's senior...but now I want him to get hurt (I'll feel sorry for him) simply to make Moon realize how stupid she was...the hard way.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 22:25   Link #845
Velsy

Bah.... wtf

This is not a boxing match.... Its a DUEL! When the bell goes, the match is over so wtf! The Mafia dude has every dam right to accuse them how insulting they have been towards him since he stepped up to the plate. Queen called him out and he stepped forward, only for her to piss off and leave Jae gu whos turned into a superman with a click of his fingers. I am good for Jae Gu giving it his best... but hes not a superman

Well its not like I didnt think it get any worse and stupid. In my last few posts I cant even find anything positive to say its gotten that bad ><

Last edited by Velsy; 2012-12-01 at 22:41.
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 00:09   Link #846
catavecino

i don't want to see queen on her knees, i don't want to think what will the ganster make her do (watched to mush netorare to not worry), and they have been insulting, but come on the gansters even told them that they would kidnap and sell them to a brothel, not to forget he did took a kid for hostage, the fact that he entered a ring(ownly option to save some face or his life if those butlers get angry) is not even near enough to get my respect
catavecino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 12:21   Link #847
ShiroiRyu

68 : Break this guy ... O_o
Just want it.
Old 2012-12-08, 12:27   Link #848
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Well, at least it showed that Jae Gu still can't beat a guy like him and Moon Young needed to step up for Jae Gu.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 15:06   Link #849
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Devil Moon has come out to play~ Those eyes... Dempsy Roll Incoming!!
I will lose my **** if that really happens next week...XD

Although, Jae Gu...so naive. Oh well, he shone through for at least his will to fight. Now it's time for Oneesan to take over.
Old 2012-12-08, 17:51   Link #850
kasimmorathi

Really glad they didn't have some mystical win for Jae Gu; love the guy and it shows some great development on his part that he is willing to go back into the ring even knowing he isn't going to win. It may also be a great lesson in terms of fighting that not everyone is going to fight fairly and according to the rules, so he should be prepared for it.

Still, I think the crusher is about to be taught a lesson in humility and learn what it means to be truly crushed. Then of course setting it up in the future for a rematch between Jae Gu and the boy. We're going to need an 80's style training montage over here!
kasimmorathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 20:16   Link #851
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Song was just incredible dumb with his unnecessary talk about fighting fairly to a gy that hold his siblings as hostages.
I could just facepalm about the stupidity in this chapter.
Dauerlutscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 20:27   Link #852
liquidmetal
procrastinating...

Very happy that Jae Gu didn't win. Was already sitting uneasily with me about how quickly he seems to have powered up.
liquidmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 03:25   Link #853
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
Song was just incredible dumb with his unnecessary talk about fighting fairly to a gy that hold his siblings as hostages.
I could just facepalm about the stupidity in this chapter.
How are you surprised at this? He was even going to ask the red head douche if he was ok after their fight. The prick who tormented him for years and not even mentioning the poison schtick...

The best thing about this chapter was the pissed off Moon-Young and the mini Dal Dal hanging onto Jae Gu's leg...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 05:35   Link #854
Znail

This turned out pretty well. It's kind of nice to see people make mistakes now and then. But I guess it turned out well in that he got some combat practice while the girls will clean up the mess left now.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 10:56   Link #855
Johnny
Working the bags...

Spoiler for ch 69:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 12:17   Link #856
ShiroiRyu

Logical and classical.
Don't fuck.
Old 2012-12-15, 12:23   Link #857
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I always liked Moon, but she was always the bro character to me. This chapter just elevated her to a whole new level to me...the beatdown she handed out while super pissed was glorious!!! Even Dal Dal was like "WTF is up with her?".

The scene with Queen was cute and funny as well.

The problem is...I dunno why but this author has a problem with handling antagonists...they seem to show up and look like a real threat and someone cool but by the end they are really nowhere near that, instead degenerating into mook level guys that look tough which is disappointing. I think this chapter would have done well without the whole stool throwing scene. It's a shame too because despite him being a total ass...I kinda liked this antagonist.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 13:27   Link #858
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

"...Next"

...that last panel ...the sheer amount of f'ks not given.... It ws glorious...

As for Queen, I wish I would have seen her reacting to Jae Gu's beatdown... but seeing her cheering on Moon like that was criminally cute.

But I have to hand it to the asshole, he hung in there for at least 4 fights. I can't imagine him not taking a fair bit of damage from the first two fights of the day, and then he got into a slug match with Jae Gu... so one could argue that he wasn't at his best when fighting Moon but it really doesn't make much difference, does it?

Last edited by Tempest35; 2012-12-15 at 18:06.
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 14:03   Link #859
kramerica

I didn't like how one sided the last fight was though...there's still no antagonist that I like yet.

Nanael is not amused.
kramerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 11:21   Link #860
ShiroiRyu

70 : Seriously.
I was laughing at the last page. XD

Tags
great siblings, queenxjae gu, romance, runaway mom