AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ratings for Shippuuden 13
Perfect 10 8 6.84%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 7.69%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 8.55%
7 out of 10 : Good 29 24.79%
6 out of 10 : Average 21 17.95%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 15 12.82%
4 out of 10 : Poor 6 5.13%
3 out of 10 : Bad 11 9.40%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 2.56%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 4.27%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-05-10, 16:33   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

[Anime-Only] Shippuden Episode 13 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to this week's episode discussion thread posted a few days before it airs in Japan (which is on Thursday).
  • Naruto Forum RULES...
    • DO NOT ASK where to download RAWs or Fansubs... and DO NOT MENTION fansub group names...
      For further information please visit the Naruto Licensed! Ask for it = Ban thread
  • Thread Guidelines...
    • Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!

• Discuss your expectations of this episode if it hasn't aired yet.
    • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    • Try to keep the discussion on topic.
Please Remember... Only Admins/Mods may create Episode Discussion Threads

Everyone is encouraged to use the report post button if these rules are broken. The button is located in the left hand corner, at the bottom of every user name. It will notify a moderator who will deal with such post according to the rules.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 17:02   Link #2
Sasuke_Bateman
No

I haven't even seen it yet and i'm gonna give it a 10 Itachi is in it
Sasuke_Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 17:42   Link #3
Abel-kun
The all seeing eye

Talking

God dammit i wanted to be the first poster oh well theres always next week. cant wait for this episode. itachi vs kakashi, gai vs kisame this is gonna be soo great!!!!
Abel-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 18:51   Link #4
Dains11

This isn't a double episode is it? I can't wait to see this one! I hope Kakashi actually puts up a fight against Itachi this time, and maybe Naruto will show some of his new powers because I'm still waiting to see what he's learned.

Also, just a thought, but I'm assuming Sakura will have a slug as her summon? Is she going to do this anytime soon?
Dains11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 19:16   Link #5
Abel-kun
The all seeing eye

im not sure if sakura can summon katsu......ud think tsunade wuld put her on the scroll just as naruto was put on the frog summon scroll by ero-sennin.

na this aint a double episode.
Abel-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 19:29   Link #6
Crebstar

Slowest paced episode ever
Crebstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 20:05   Link #7
EvolutionXI

Ep seemed fine to me. But the way Itachi and Kisame are drawn seem kinda weird. I prefer how they looked in the first series. -_- Is the voice actor for Kisame the same?...Sounds kind of different too.
EvolutionXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 20:18   Link #8
KingN0thing

They ruined the moment .... completly.

This episode was a pain in the a... hmm foreheadprotector i can`t help it but the action wasn`t that impressive at all and the animation quality gets even disapoitning.
I rather would say something else really i expected so much from this new arc but in my opinion Naruto will not gain again its quality back from the early days again :-(( Very sad.
KingN0thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 20:23   Link #9
philmein

I knew this would be a disappointing episode.
Wtf..
The anime is just going incredibly slow..my goodness
philmein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 20:49   Link #10
magisbladius

Quote:
Originally Posted by philmein View Post
I knew this would be a disappointing episode.
Wtf..
The anime is just going incredibly slow..my goodness
Did you even watch it? Lots of new moves were introduced, Kisame and Itachi did some owning, and we found out something unexpected:

Spoiler:

There were probably 2-3 minutes of unnecessary scenes; however, the ending ended up at a nice cliffhanger.
magisbladius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 21:00   Link #11
Crebstar

The episode was terrible. I was getting bored during the middle of it. As someone stated above, it was ruined. These fight scenes had amazing potential but they were animated quite terribly if you ask me and the extra dialogue added in to slow the pace of the episode just killed it. TBH I miss the old naruto. I would trade the better music and new studio for the old naruto style any day. Things just don't seem the same.
Crebstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 21:12   Link #12
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
this episode was not bad in my opinion, there was a lot of conversation, most of which did occur in the manga. we learn that itachi' vision is deteriorating. s

there weren't that many unessery scenes. al though there was one part was a garaa scene was forced in there. I found the strategy against sharingran funny since it happen why chiyo was talking it did not really was time.

I am sure there will be some who feel that team kakashi took too long to start attack on itachi or there was too much talking between them. but it shows just how strong itachi is. I was hoping that when chiyo asked what is he itachi would reply god

I like how the anime did not portray ten-ten as useless as they did in the manga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crebstar
The episode was terrible. I was getting bored during the middle of it. As someone stated above, it was ruined. These fight scenes had amazing potential but they were animated quite terribly if you ask me and the extra dialogue added in to slow the pace of the episode just killed it. TBH I miss the old naruto. I would trade the better music and new studio for the old naruto style any day. Things just don't seem the same.
for the kisame fight yeah it could have been more fast paced. but for the kakashi fight all the dialog that happen was in the manga. they couldn't just leave it out. to me the fact that it was slow paced means that opossing sides a very anxious and don't want to go all out yet because they have yet to see their enemies can really do.
Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 21:36   Link #13
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by magisbladius View Post
Did you even watch it? Lots of new moves were introduced, Kisame and Itachi did some owning, and we found out something unexpected:

Spoiler:

There were probably 2-3 minutes of unnecessary scenes; however, the ending ended up at a nice cliffhanger.
That's not new...That was already known since
Spoiler:

Overall I though it was Ok...not fantastic...but not horrible. I think the major problem is people place too much expectations on how Naruto should be presented. I'm pretty sure the average 8-10 year olds won't mind it that much...
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 21:43   Link #14
AznSoulBoy
Syouke

What the hell are u talking about "Kakashi ran into Itachi and Kisame the first time. He mentions Itachi's eye sight getting worse "

He said that he could be dangerous for his eyes. Thats all.

I complety agreed with Goshin. It was good. Nothing useless except gaara parts. All the dialogs were in the manga. Kisame fights was a little bit long but they have showed TenTen not really useless unlike the manga.

People these days...are expecting too much.

"Is the voice actor for Kisame the same?...Sounds kind of different too."

It is the same.
Old 2007-05-10, 22:08   Link #15
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznSoulBoy View Post
What the hell are u talking about "Kakashi ran into Itachi and Kisame the first time. He mentions Itachi's eye sight getting worse "

He said that he could be dangerous for his eyes. Thats all.

I complety agreed with Goshin. It was good. Nothing useless except gaara parts. All the dialogs were in the manga. Kisame fights was a little bit long but they have showed TenTen not really useless unlike the manga.

People these days...are expecting too much.

"Is the voice actor for Kisame the same?...Sounds kind of different too."

It is the same.
Yes he said it could be dangerous for his eyes, suggesting that it could damage it...which is what Kisame said...all I'm saying it was already obvious at that point that more than likely he had damage done...in other words no new information...just confirmation on old data...
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 22:17   Link #16
Azure King
Snr Spammer

Is it just me or this season is getting slower and crappier .. .. it was just great watching team 7 +ganny having a stareing contest with Itachi for 15mins and Guy +team playing leapfrog in slow motion..

o well, its good too see that the anime team have decided to put in some flashback for us. YAY!! .. ... .. .. .. .. NOT!
Azure King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 22:30   Link #17
jc1104

Send a message via AIM to jc1104 Send a message via MSN to jc1104
I agree the fight is kinda dragged out but I read manga a bit too and all the dialogue is the same, you can't have them say the dialogue a bit faster cause that would sound weird.. and for the music, I really don't mind it.
jc1104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 23:10   Link #18
Petarded

I also thought it could've been way better...the constant scene switching got on my nerves.
Petarded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 23:14   Link #19
vhx

Fights were dragged out quite a bit, to a point where you actually notice. The only thing cool about the episode was Kisame's Jutsu. The Itachi part was severely extended.
This sums up the episode:
-Stare stare- That's itachi! -screen change to Kisami-
-stare stare- I see you don't remember who I am again?
WAIT... You are... nevermind I think I'll just reuse the joke from last episode, and completely destroy any humor in it by using it for an entire episode.
-Team Gai has a few good skirmishes and shots at Kisame-
-switch back to Itachi-
-Stare stare-
-stare-
-Naruto caught in Genjutsu already, shocker-
-Episode end-
vhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 23:30   Link #20
Petbe
Wingless Angel

That was just so disappointing. I mean I saw Itachi last episode and I was like "omg Itachi!! Kick some butt!!" and... nothing happen till very end. This reminds me of what they did with the fight with gaara where they kept going back and forth and was just very unnecessary. My only comfort is that maybe they did not do much to save it for next week.. but yeah.. I have a feeling I wont be too happy with the next one. The furst and 2nd episode was like soo awesome, great music, animation was well done. But then they went straight down hill.. couldn't they boost it up a bit. I mean this is work of the team C..