AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2008-06-14, 20:39   Link #1121
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

@ Nines, ouch that sucks... I used to have bunch transformers when I was litlle but one day they just suddenly disappeared. I has a fortress maxima. I've build quiet few MG and HGs, but I stopped few month ago. Now just gonna collect PVC and the new transformers. got me Bulkhead, Lockdown, Ratchet yesterday and Needa and Meifeng PVC from shuraki together with revoltech just arrived today... will post some pictures later
Astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 01:52   Link #1122
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrana View Post
I used to have bunch transformers when I was litlle but one day they just suddenly disappeared. I has a fortress maxima.
yeah that so sucks. i dont know where all mine went either. and reissues of the G1 lot costs so dam much.
holy shit, you had maximus. i always wondered, how big was the the toy in terms of size?

禁則事項です
Mecha_Trueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 02:25   Link #1123
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha_Trueno View Post
yeah that so sucks. i dont know where all mine went either. and reissues of the G1 lot costs so dam much.
holy shit, you had maximus. i always wondered, how big was the the toy in terms of size?
I dont remember to be honest, but it is more larger than the headmasters ones I have. Maybe 2-3 times larger than a headmaster
Old 2008-06-17, 06:48   Link #1124
Siegel Clyne

Suigintou VA Rie Tanaka's Very Expensive Limited Edition Suigintou Figure

In the three June 12, 2008 entries on her blog, Tanaka Rie - the Japanese voice actor (seiyuu) for Suigintou on all the Rozen Maiden anime series and specials, on the Suigintou no Koyoi mo Ennu~i Internet radio show, and on various Rozen Maiden drama CDs, Rozen Maiden character drama CDs and Suigintou no Koyoi mo Ennu~i Web radio CDs - shows off her new Super Dollfie (SD) Suigintou doll, manufactured by VOLKS in extremely limited numbers.

A Super Dollfie Suigintou figure retails for 102,900 yen (nearly US$1,000.00 at current currency exchange rates), and may command upward to 300,000 yen (nearly US$3,000.00 at current currency exchange rates) on the open market.

Did she buy it herself? Is it a gift? A present from someone in the industry, perhaps?

In any case, a Super Dollfie Suigintou figure is a very expensive item. It seemingly bodes well for a third season/series of the Rozen Maiden anime and Tanaka Rie continuing on as the voice of Suigintou, affectionately known by fans as Gin-sama.

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2008-06-17 at 14:34. Reason: Added pics.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 10:19   Link #1125
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

business deal. she probably got pay advertisting the doll and mostly got one as a bonus or part of her contract.
Old 2008-06-17, 11:04   Link #1126
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Probably right

and what some seem to forget is that they ask Y100.000 for it, but cost and labour are maybe 10%
so 'giving one away' for promotion is not as costly

$1000 bonus, or $100 bonus, big difference in that
Old 2008-06-18, 05:29   Link #1127
Siegel Clyne

Suigintou's Suigintou Figure Supports Rozen Maiden's Commercial Success in Japan

However she got it, Tanaka Rie owning a Dollfie Suigintou figure is one more indication of Rozen Maiden's commercial success in Japan, which I have occasionally posted about on these forums and elsewhere.

For example, see a couple of my lengthy posts on the subject at the Anime News Network Forums: NEWS: Rozen Maiden Confirmed to Restart in Young Jump Mag - Forum - Anime News Network - Rozen Maiden Likely to Gain New Fans with Young Jump; and NEWS: Funimation CEO Discusses Anime's Future with Variety - Forum - Anime News Network - Rozen Maiden's Success in Japan Not Duplicated in the US.

Rozen Maiden figures, DVDs, CDs, and other merchandise have sold in Japan.

Regardless of origin, few "otaku" anime titles made Character Databank's Top 100 Character Sales Rankings in Japan List for Japanese Fiscal Year 2006: #27 Suzumiya Haruhi Series (origin: light novel), #74 Mahou Sensei Negima! (origin: manga), #77 D.C. ~Da Capo~ (origin: visual novel game), #91 Rozen Maiden (origin: manga), #99 Fate Series (origin: visual novel game)...

Pretty good for a very niche title about dolls.

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2008-06-18 at 06:13.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 13:18   Link #1128
rainbow_star

I got my Al & AnotherBlood figure on Monday! =D

Spoiler for Pic Pic Pic:

More pic and a little review in my blog.

Last edited by rainbow_star; 2008-06-18 at 13:36.
rainbow_star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 18:02   Link #1129
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Looking at that Al and Another Blood figure I got thinking.

It's a nice fig but while I have nothing against nudism, somehow I never buy a fig where 'certain' parts are clearly visible
most of the time I consider it a 'turnoff' from being a 'great' figure

though there may come an exception, so far it exceedss my idea of 'good taste'

Seeing some borderline pr0n figs at times, when it comes to "Erotic" figs, where do you all draw the line?
Old 2008-06-18, 18:14   Link #1130
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegel Clyne View Post
A Super Dollfie Suigintou figure retails for 102,900 yen (nearly US$1,000.00 at current currency exchange rates), and may command upward to 300,000 yen (nearly US$3,000.00 at current currency exchange rates) on the open market.
I'll say -____-

The auction prices for these are simply insane. It isn't for the poor or the completely sane, though my fanboy urges conflict with it strongly.

T rie looking cute as ever...I'm surprised she didn't get one sooner

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 18:40   Link #1131
GameraBaenre

Anyone here going to Anime Expo in a few weeks? There's a model contest: http://www.anime-expo.org/convention...lding-contest/

Also the schedules for the event are out:
Day 1: http://www.anime-expo.org/download/A...edule_Day1.pdf
Day 2: http://www.anime-expo.org/download/A...edule_Day2.pdf
Day 3: http://www.anime-expo.org/download/A...edule_Day3.pdf
Day 4: http://www.anime-expo.org/download/A...edule_Day4.pdf

And the important thing is the following:
Gundam Model Building And Resin Figure Workshop:
Day 1; 7:00 - 9:00 WS1 Romm 304
Day 2: 4:30 - 6:30 WS1 Room 304
Day 3: 6:00 - 8:00 WS2 Room 511
GameraBaenre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 22:26   Link #1132
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightbatŪ View Post
Looking at that Al and Another Blood figure I got thinking.

It's a nice fig but while I have nothing against nudism, somehow I never buy a fig where 'certain' parts are clearly visible
most of the time I consider it a 'turnoff' from being a 'great' figure

though there may come an exception, so far it exceedss my idea of 'good taste'

Seeing some borderline pr0n figs at times, when it comes to "Erotic" figs, where do you all draw the line?
I think this is an excellent question. It's something I wrestle with all the time, partly because of my own standards and mostly because of the fact that I'd rather not be called a pervert by people passing through.

I don't buy figures with nudity or with cast-off ability, period. That eliminates over half of the figures I like. A bit harder to judge are figures that are intended to be sexually provocative. Where does one draw the line between tasteful appreciation and artistic depiction of the female form and sheer titillation? I err on the side of caution.

And then there's the underpants question. Many, many figures are designed to show off underpants in an attempt to pander to a panty fetish. At SOME angle, though, underpants will be visible if the character is wearing a skirt, no matter the intentions of the sculptor. I err on the side of caution again.

Add to that my policy of not buying figures of characters from series I'm not familiar with and I'm left with, uh... not much. I guess my wallet is happy about that, though.

I await patiently
the gift promised to me.
Kyuusai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 21:38   Link #1133
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusai View Post
I think this is an excellent question. It's something I wrestle with all the time, partly because of my own standards and mostly because of the fact that I'd rather not be called a pervert by people passing through.

I don't buy figures with nudity or with cast-off ability, period. That eliminates over half of the figures I like. A bit harder to judge are figures that are intended to be sexually provocative. Where does one draw the line between tasteful appreciation and artistic depiction of the female form and sheer titillation? I err on the side of caution.

And then there's the underpants question. Many, many figures are designed to show off underpants in an attempt to pander to a panty fetish. At SOME angle, though, underpants will be visible if the character is wearing a skirt, no matter the intentions of the sculptor. I err on the side of caution again.

Add to that my policy of not buying figures of characters from series I'm not familiar with and I'm left with, uh... not much. I guess my wallet is happy about that, though.
I do not buy perverted figures, I do have a lot cast-off, but they always have their cloth on. I only buy figures that catches my eyes, never a fan boy of any show. right now i am getting transformers, much cheaper than figures hehehe, so i will stop buy them for a while. I still have 4 on pre-order, and i guess thats it for this year. Next year I will probably stop buying figures, got save money..

anyway got these last saturday. Camera is getting crappy, cant focus close in pissing me off...
Spoiler for sd:

Last edited by Astrana; 2008-06-19 at 23:48.
Old 2008-06-24, 17:37   Link #1134
rainbow_star

My two SEGA UFO prize figures just arrived! As you know they're really cheap (1500yen each). I'll see if I have time tonight or tomorrow night to take some pic. =P
Old 2008-06-25, 04:01   Link #1135
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

looks to me like that suigintou doll might have some 'filler' in the middle. maybe a hostess cupcake is inside
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 17:48   Link #1136
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Sega Figs, yeah they are really cheap, but even then I consider their quality not worth the price

I don't find it surprising why all pre-release images are always drawn instead of the actual product

Bandai Tradefigs is a similar story, they even do it so bad, you won't see an image of the product untill after release
Old 2008-06-27, 14:07   Link #1137
rainbow_star

Sega figures and Bandai trading figures are so cheap, but sometime their quality is really good but usually they're pretty bad. It's always hit and miss when you pre-order them, but usually miss tho.
Old 2008-07-06, 01:38   Link #1138
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

bump... my revoltech is on its way yay!!!
Old 2008-07-06, 10:55   Link #1139
Jill Valentine

wow cool figurines i want to go to japan but i am so busy lol is there a way for them to deliver it? to middle east >.<
Jill Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-09, 20:15   Link #1140
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

is this an official repaint release or does it look like an unauthorized version?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ROZEN-MAIDEN-TRA...QQcmdZViewItem

the seller has some good deals and I ordered one item, but I'm gonna wait to see if the item is authentic before ordering more
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote