AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-11-24, 18:17   Link #4961
IndoViking

Himegami hasn't appeared yet, but i believe he'll have some roles in the coming arc, because there's some mystery that probably he can answer, especially about the stone
Old 2009-11-24, 18:54   Link #4962
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
Ahh, I keep confusing them. Nagi = Adult version... *glues to Nagi from HnG to remember*
Ah... I got confused, because I thought you were thinking about Negi's father.

Quote:
That love chart, eh? Well, it's constantly changing... when she sees him how GAR he's got, and his adult form + all the DARKNESS (lol), that he's got crawling in his skin.. she'll surely hop up to the top 10. He'll form pactios with all of em eventually... .... maybe...
Well...

Spoiler:

Quote:
Yeh, that of him being related or unrelated is still an unknown I guess. If he is, then he's probably the one that was with Yukariko, since they're in a similar age group (depends of course if he was in high school or uni...), thus canceling the possibility of a romantic Hayate x Nagi ending. I don't mind it that much, as long as she's happy in the end...
We'll have to see. For all we know, Nagi's father's resemblance with Hayate may be Hata just trolling us. But, all the same, at this point, I'd say it's a good possibility Hayate's brother is Nagi's father.

Quote:
And of course, you're sitting... good... good... ehehehe!
Fuck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
I think Athena's behavior as a kid is pretty much what she is right now; unlike Hayate and the others, Athena's pretty much had adult-like mature behaviors, her thinking is far from a kid's level.
Maybe, maybe not. If we follow what Machina said, Athena has gone through some tough situations. I think it's quite likely she's somehow changed.

Quote:
However, I do agree that we don't know much of her general behavior in a relationship right now; but her actions of what she's willing to do and how she felt about it was my point. But, I assume something like...
Spoiler for something:
is pretty informative.
Yes, she showed jealousy, but we've still got to take into account that, before that, she denied knowing about Hayate, and she also hid herself expecting him to leave. Sure, she admitted to herself she still loves him. However, the situation prevents her from being able to express her feelings. That's what I mean we'd have to see her in a normal situation, in which she can express her feelings freely.
Old 2009-11-24, 19:09   Link #4963
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Huhu...

We're almost on pg. 250. To celebrate 250 chapters of HnG, the first post on pg. 250 will determine who will Hayate end up with. - or at least influence the possibility by 0.1% :>

Naw, you don't have to say anything, or play along. Just normally reply to the thread. Oh, and also if your reply is 5 mins from your last post or less it doesn't count! (so the second post counts if this happens) ^_^
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 19:30   Link #4964
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Maybe, maybe not. If we follow what Machina said, Athena has gone through some tough situations. I think it's quite likely she's somehow changed.
Athena had always gone through tough time even before she met Hayate. Even if she puts up more defensive barriers externally, her internal feelings are the same, and I don't think her beliefs changed that much at all, about reality and about relationships.

Quote:
Yes, she showed jealousy, but we've still got to take into account that, before that, she denied knowing about Hayate, and she also hid herself expecting him to leave. Sure, she admitted to herself she still loves him. However, the situation prevents her from being able to express her feelings. That's what I mean we'd have to see her in a normal situation, in which she can express her feelings freely.
The page I shown you indicated how Athena acts out of her characteristics (freely), meaning the words of praise from Hayate won't have much affect on her; I don't think the situation has anything to do with it.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 19:52   Link #4965
Used Can

Quote:
Athena had always gone through tough time even before she met Hayate. Even if she puts up more defensive barriers externally, her internal feelings are the same, and I don't think her beliefs changed that much at all, about reality and about relationships.
Yes, but back then Midas wasn't out of control. And I think Midas is quite a huge deal, right now.

Quote:
The page I shown you indicated how Athena acts out of her characteristics (freely), meaning the words of praise from Hayate won't have much affect on her; I don't think the situation has anything to do with it.
She indeed showed jealousy, but she still couldn't bring herself to tell Hayate she still loves him. She had no qualms about that during the time they spent in the RG.
Old 2009-11-24, 20:14   Link #4966
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Yes, but back then Midas wasn't out of control. And I think Midas is quite a huge deal, right now.
If Midas were to still possess her, then she won't be the normal Athena, would she? Then there was no point in discussing this since it already shown that her behavior already changed the moment he took over.

Quote:
She indeed showed jealousy, but she still couldn't bring herself to tell Hayate she still loves him. She had no qualms about that during the time they spent in the RG
Honestly, I don't understand what you are trying to say right here in reply to my statement with the spoiler I posted.

The current Athena does have jealousy, and she can't say she loves him due to their past. It seems like she believes that she have no right to love him. I didn't say that she were freely in expressing her true feelings to Hayate because it's true that she didn't right now. But that's due to the situation they had, not due to her change in personality/characteristics.
Old 2009-11-24, 20:28   Link #4967
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

As stirring as the past ten chapters have been, I have no faith in the events about to unfold. I can't see him actually deciding between the two, no matter how much I will for it to happen. Putting Hinagiku out of the picture was enough of a crack in the 'mold' so to speak but I just don't see him breaking said mold any further.

I'll be happy as fuck to eat my own words though. With gusto.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 20:34   Link #4968
ChronoReverse

Coloured Hamster sure was cute in ch250
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 20:53   Link #4969
aldw

Quote:
That's more due to present circumstances than her actual self IMHO, once everything is resolved things should be more open between her and Hayate.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 21:03   Link #4970
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldw View Post
That's more due to present circumstances than her actual self IMHO, once everything is resolved things should be more open between her and Hayate.
I think otherwise, and even if she doesn't act like...
Spoiler for something:

...I don't think Athena is a person who'd become overjoy or fall for a statement of praise such as cute, charming, beautiful; it will work on Nagi, Hinagiku, Ayumu though.
Old 2009-11-24, 21:13   Link #4971
Used Can

Quote:
If Midas were to still possess her, then she won't be the normal Athena, would she? Then there was no point in discussing this since it already shown that her behavior already changed the moment he took over.
I'm not talking about her being possessed. I'm talking about the fact she's aware of Midas, and that she tried to keep Hayate at bay because of him.

Quote:
The current Athena does have jealousy, and she can't say she loves him due to their past. It seems like she believes that she have no right to love him. I didn't say that she were freely in expressing her true feelings to Hayate because it's true that she didn't right now. But that's due to the situation they had, not due to her change in personality/characteristics.
That's what I mean, I never said she didn't do it because of her personality, but due to her current and past situation. This is why I said we'd have to see her behaviour in a situation in which she's not burdened by all these problems.

The whole deal I was saying about a possible change in her personality was unrelated to her expressing her feelings. My point was simply that due to the things she's gone through, she's probably changed.

Quote:
We're almost on pg. 250. To celebrate 250 chapters of HnG, the first post on pg. 250 will determine who will Hayate end up with. - or at least influence the possibility by 0.1% :>
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
SUPREEEEEEME VICTORY!
Old 2009-11-24, 22:44   Link #4972
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
I'm not talking about her being possessed. I'm talking about the fact she's aware of Midas, and that she tried to keep Hayate at bay because of him.
I don't see the connection to her "change" if it's not possession.

Quote:
That's what I mean, I never said she didn't do it because of her personality, but due to her current and past situation. This is why I said we'd have to see her behaviour in a situation in which she's not burdened by all these problems.

The whole deal I was saying about a possible change in her personality was unrelated to her expressing her feelings. My point was simply that due to the things she's gone through,she's probably changed.
We do have some insights in her true thoughts and how she acts while Hayate was resting and looking for her.

If it's simply change without anything specific, I can't argue with that.
Old 2009-11-24, 23:39   Link #4973
Used Can

Quote:
I don't see the connection to her "change" if it's not possession.
I wasn't talking about change there, but one of the things that prevent her from expressing herself freely to Hayate (or anyone else).

Quote:
We do have some insights in her true thoughts and how she acts while Hayate was resting and looking for her.

If it's simply change without anything specific, I can't argue with that.
I'm talking about change as in people change over time, especially when they have to go through tough things. And I think she has indeed changed. For example, when she first met Hayate (a complete stranger for her, back then) she had no problems showing him a smile. However, right now, she looks like a cold person (even if only in the outside). For example, when she met Hina, even if she did try becoming friends with her, she was still quite serious and a bit distant.
Old 2009-11-25, 00:22   Link #4974
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
I wasn't talking about change there, but one of the things that prevent her from expressing herself freely to Hayate (or anyone else).
Then there was no reason to reply to my statement from before...

Quote:
I'm talking about change as in people change over time, especially when they have to go through tough things. And I think she has indeed changed. For example, when she first met Hayate (a complete stranger for her, back then) she had no problems showing him a smile. However, right now, she looks like a cold person (even if only in the outside). For example, when she met Hina, even if she did try becoming friends with her, she was still quite serious and a bit distant.
I already stated that Athena may built more barriers around herself but she is still pretty much the same as she was before: her perception of reality, her feelings in relationships, her behaviors in relationships, her overall personality. Athena was already a distant person as Hayate stated when he first met her.
Old 2009-11-25, 01:39   Link #4975
Rah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
Spoiler for AYUMIIINNNNNN!!!:

Spoiler for @zod:

Anyway, It's impossible to say at this point if she's still the same as 10 years ago, or if she changed. It might be true that she's just acting tough, because she's in such a state all the time. There's always someone that wants her money, she's worried as hell about herself (if she noticed Midas, perhaps for some other reason), about Hayate, her past is a constant reminder that trusting people ends in suffering, so she doesn't trust anyone..

Just for that you'd have to indeed put a helluva lot "barriers" around yourself, but it's not impossible that she really changed to what she is now. Perhaps she still trusted people after her incident with Hayate, but was betrayed so many times over the years that she just can't trust anyone, and her cold attitude comes naturally..

But now you're probably thinking that someone strong willed and proud as her possibly couldn't succumb to such a state. Well, Midas did possess her, and that's indisputable evidence that she was unstable from the start - I can't say otherwise, because being only 7, and in such a state is really... She sought shelter within a relationship, within love... from loneliness, from her despair, whatever it was / is, but got betrayed in the end..

Maybe after Hayate she found someone else? I'm not referring to another romantic relationship, but perhaps a "friend" / or "friends" over the time, that would console her, and keep her company, but only because of her wealth. In the end, she'd be betrayed again, and again, but she'd still put her trust into people, because being alone was just too painful.

So, she's either succumbed to it, or put a Damocles type barrier around herself (I'm referring to Geass)..

If it's the latter, I'd like to see put her faith into Hayate and his friends after she's saved from Midas (or perhaps still when possessed, after Hayate promises that he'll save her - if he doesn't intend to break the gem), and then at some crucial moment, when she's in trouble, and she's thinking about how she trusted Hayate and his friends, how she'll get betrayed again.. just then they come save her...

Or if you prefer, Hayate comes save her alone. But IMHO, it'd be a greater effect if there were more people. I want that kind of happy drama. I wanna see her let go everything that she's been holding onto for the past 10 years and more. She finally wasn't betrayed. Someone stood up for her, someone went through a lot to help her...

Ah, in short, I wanna see her cry her heart out about all the pain that she's been through, and then accept their friendship / become a member of the "Hayate is a baka that doesn't understand my feelings club", etc... ^_^
Old 2009-11-25, 01:52   Link #4976
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Quote:
Spoiler for @zod:
Looks like some dojinshi made a picture on when Hayate woke up in chapter 244 (was it?) with Athena hiding under the bed.
Quote:
Or if you prefer, Hayate comes save her alone. But IMHO, it'd be a greater effect if there were more people. I want that kind of happy drama. I wanna see her let go everything that she's been holding onto for the past 10 years and more. She finally wasn't betrayed. Someone stood up for her, someone went through a lot to help her...
Typical drama much, although it will be pretty touching.
Quote:
Ah, in short, I wanna see her cry her heart out about all the pain that she's been through, and then accept their friendship / become a member of the "Hayate is a baka that doesn't understand my feelings club", etc... ^_^
That really contradicts her character. Athena and Maria are some of the characters that I find hard to picture in this kind of situation but since this is HnG, anything could happen really.
Koroshiya_Kame_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 02:08   Link #4977
Rah

Contradictions are good. "Typical drama" is good too!

You find it hard to picture mainly because you don't know them all that well, and you, like everyone else, made a picture of her character in your mind. She's not the type to do that.. or that..

Contradicting yourself already~

We don't know how Maria is for real. She might be suppressing something. Doesn't she feel lonely at all? She was brought up without her parents, and is constantly caring for Nagi. But there wasn't anyone that really cared for her (well, I'm assuming this, because of lack of information, and Klaus / Mikado couldn't really fit that role). Klaus is probably filler, and Mikado is a schemer that desires limitless power, or something the like...

Athena is already suppressing everything. That's why she looks so distant and cold...

Whatever she went through before she met Hayate is still there, troubling her. Her love for him was already a way to run away from it.. to forget about it...

Though, don't misunderstand me. Her love was / still is real. Just at that time 10 years ago, even though real, she still used it to forget about whatever pain was in her heart...

Lovely, huh?
Old 2009-11-25, 02:33   Link #4978
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Quote:
You find it hard to picture mainly because you don't know them all that well, and you, like everyone else, made a picture of her character in your mind. She's not the type to do that.. or that..

Contradicting yourself already~
To me they are like the dark anonymous figures in Detective Conan shrouded in another layer of dark mist. In my opinion, the top 5 most mysterious characters in this manga is Maria, Athena, Mikado, Himegami and Hayate's brother (not in list of importance or level of mysteriousness). From the presentation of their characters available right now, they don't seem to be the type to do such a thing, of course, it could change later depending on whether Hata wants a change.
Koroshiya_Kame_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 03:21   Link #4979
Rah

Supposing that it's not all a big conspiracy, and they're not trolling Hayate. That's an outrageous thought.. heh..

Yeah, I'll agree with you about the mysterious characters. Mikado might turn out to be a really good father if Yukariko were to return. He could turn around so badly, that it'd give everyone nausea.

Although we don't know much about her; Athena is the kind of character that holds everything in. Of that I'm sure...

Maria might be lonely at times, but she's probably as we saw her throughout the manga. I'm not expecting major surprises about her real character, or a change in her personality, but we still have to know how she's connected to everything. I'll rule out any other new characters that might suddenly pop up, and go with the assumption that she's related to someone. Preferably with Athena. Especially if her parents are dead.

Since I'm thinking about parents already, an absurd thought crossed my mind. What if Hina's parents are Athena's as well? And it's all a huuuggeeee conspiracy.. hahaha, it doesn't even fit. Ignore what I said.

Anyway, next we have Himegami. Apparently, if the info isn't wrong, he's around the same age as Maria. Basically, he's a new character awaiting introduction, if he's not someone time traveling. Klaus from the past? LOL...

Then Hayate's brother. Again we don't have enough info. Hata depicted him with dark hair, while the person with Yukariko had light hair. He couldn't be trolling us like Used Can said, could he?

I've read a post on the Manga Fox forums how someone suggested that Nagi was born in the RG and whatnot.. I don't recall it. Reading those forums makes my head hurt. Too many one sentence replies. Anywayz, I'll apply my own theory to it, if I'm not just saying something similar that the person who came up with said.

The day after Hayate and Athena broke up, Hayate met with his "brother" who was out helping people like usual. I don't know where, but I've read that apparently it's suggested that he helped Yukariko once, too. Her trademark scarf was shown. The one that's wrapped around her gravestone. No idea if this is true, but anyway, say that after calming Hayate down he went on with his duties, or perhaps the next day when Athena went to sleep outside. Around that time he met Yukariko, and they somehow ended up in the RG (yeah, it's magic.. lol). It doesn't make any sense at all really, because Yukariko died normally outside of the RG, and she was buried th...

Okay, here I go...

She was buried? CORPSE WHERE!? Fucking Mikado is keeping her in a laboratory tube! Alive or dead, her body is still in good condition. Perhaps he slowed down her illness? Okay, this is madness! How about a Yukariko clone? She really did die, but now Mikado seeks Godlike powers to retrieve her soul? Hmhmhm...

Well, cloning would be pointless if he achieved such powers, since he could simply restore her entirely, if at all possible...

But it would be soooooo frekkin' epic to see a clone of her casually walk in Nagi's mansion. Oh God... the impact! Ahahahah!

Guess I'm influenced by Misaka here.. heh~

~☆~
Spoiler for Does HnG fit in here? What are your thoughts about it? Was this article mentioned before?:

Last edited by Rah; 2009-11-25 at 04:39.
Old 2009-11-25, 04:39   Link #4980
Used Can

Quote:
Reading those forums makes my head hurt.
Same here mate. I tried checking out that place, and I felt a sudden urge of hitting my face against my monitor.

Quote:
I don't know where, but I've read that apparently it's suggested that he helped Yukariko once, too. Her trademark scarf was shown. The one that's wrapped around her gravestone. No idea if this is true
Yes, that was shown in chapter 187. Yukariko even spoke with Hayate's brother.

Quote:
She was buried? CORPSE WHERE!? Fucking Mikado is keeping her in a laboratory tube! Alive or dead, her body is still in good condition. Perhaps he slowed down her illness? Okay, this is madness! How about a Yukariko clone? She really did die, but now Mikado seeks Godlike powers to retrieve her soul? Hmhmhm...
And then Mikado was Mr. Freeze.

Tags
comedy, shounen