AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-13, 17:49   Link #1261
Circlebutton
Occasional Occasionalist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou
at this pace wouldn't it end around chapter 18,19?
Hmm, I thought it'd be much earlier than that. I mean episode 2 covered only half of the second chapter. Though there are some that's short enough to be half an episode long, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Shouldnt be that hard, she got Yoko, Nia AND Viral close by
...bricks were excreted It all makes sense now!
Old 2010-07-13, 18:08   Link #1262
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja_pintu View Post
My guess is that the author didn't think of such details
Hum... Touché!
Old 2010-07-13, 18:16   Link #1263
ImAKami
Paragon of Ero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja_pintu View Post
My guess is that the author didn't think of such details
Hate those kind of writers, at least think about the people who cares about the how.

Woe is me, there is no Kamina:

Kamina: SAYA! Your drill is a drill that will break through his skull and brain!
Saya: KYAAAAAAAAAAAA!!
Old 2010-07-13, 18:46   Link #1264
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I was thinking that too. I'm sure the director isn't thinking about it either.
It was never the point anyway. These kind of series are about what happens during and after, not before.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 18:59   Link #1265
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
It was never the point anyway. These kind of series are about what happens during and after, not before.
Yeah, but sometimes the before is the key to the after.
Old 2010-07-13, 19:06   Link #1266
Velsy

The boing boing was stupid and lame... in my opinion.

Don't really have any complaints, it followed the manga pretty well. I'd forgotten about the drill part O_O. Oh and the Nurse is more stupid than I orginally thought.

Ima rooting for Saeko and Takashi. I thought Rei and Takashi kinda blew it thu there childhoold bickering, tho a relationship could still work between them, But I just want to see Seako and Takashi <3. They have nice relationship potential. High placed national Kendo champion for the win!!!

Oh and the OP would be awesome if it wasnt for the silly ecci. I really like the song. Then the Wedge formation.

Donated by Om Nerabdator

Last edited by Solace; 2010-07-14 at 01:28. Reason: Manga hints and spoilers are not allowed.
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 19:07   Link #1267
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
That's the best course of action to stay alive for a time but make no mistakes: in a non-contained zombie outbreak the zombies win, end of story. They don't need to sleep, they don't feel fear, pain, cold or any emotions whatsoever so the human is always the underdog. They also have superhuman strength (on account of not felling a thing hence being able to use the body to limits a human wouldn't be able to bare) and very keen hearing as shown in both episodes so far so they can be nearly impossible to deal with if they get to you. (damn, I think I know way too much about zombies... amen to the zombie survival guide )

But I'm also curious on how the infection spread so far so fast. Zombies are pretty slow moving and the bodies don't stay inanimate for very long in the show so there's not much chance of the bodies being moved long distances before waking up... My guess would probably be terrorism since an experiment gone wrong would probably not show that much spread in such a short time.
That zombie survival guide is a pretty handy piece of reading . I mean you can really learn a lot, though I'd probably forget most of it in an emergency .

Definitely people lose when staying in that kind of area. People can only run on adrenaline for so long which is what it would take to stay in a zombie area constantly. Besides long term survival requires gathering resources like food and you can only raid grocery stores for so long. Only long term hope is to find the people you want to find and get to an area without any people. Wouldn't be a fun place since people aren't living there for a reason, but would have to endure it.

Unless it was a story mishap I agree that terrorism seems the most likely. Would be incredibly easy to pick a few "suicide zombies" put them in different places and then have the individuals infect themselves somehow.

Personally I'm pulling for Takashi and Rei. Yeah I realize there are real problems there, but I still like that pairing the most. They both lost the same person through that terrible event and have had feelings for each other which would help build things up there. Besides Takashi was moping over not being together with Rei and here his chance is right now. I like Saeko's character, just not really pulling for that pairing for whatever reason.
Old 2010-07-13, 19:32   Link #1268
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeboy12 View Post
pfft.. Huge breasts is a pretty universal fetish.
Not when they're this large. That really doesn't do all that much for me.

This isn't a matter of me not liking fanservice. I do. It's a matter of me liking somewhat less...blatant fanservice.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 19:34   Link #1269
AcroDave
Go Chrome or Go Home

Ah, episode 2 was great. Some really nice voice acting for Saya during her 'break down sobbing scene'. My only real complaint (besides the inappropriate-for-the-mood-of-the-scene boin' boin' sfx), was the nailgun sound. Just didn't seem epic enough (they are quite loud in real life).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jze0 View Post
Two episodes in and I'm fairly happy with the way things are going compared to the original source. Its so close that I don't see any added filler scenes anywhere (a good thing I presume.
Agreed. They exactly replicated all the best key scenes from the manga (for example, the view from inside the zombie's mouth when it goes after Rei).

As far as new things that have been added, that were not in the manga: The flash-back scene of Takashi confessing to Rei is new (it was hinted at, but never shown), and the scene where Saya confronts Takashi about being so emo is new (makes sense to add this, as you'd have no idea that they were actually friends otherwise).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Now that Saeko has made her appearance my fan boy mode is operating at 1010% (...) Seeing a beautiful women cave a Zombie's head in with a devilish grin does something to a man lol. Also, Saeko was already impressed with Taka and Rei zombie killing skills. The look she gave Rei hum?????
The 'devilish grin' was also not in the manga (at this point in the story... won't say any more, but I can see why they added it). Saeko gave Rei a 'look'? Have to go re-watch that part...

Amazing adaptation, even better than I'd hoped. Can't wait for more.
AcroDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 19:40   Link #1270
Nite-Wing

Its a race between Saya and Rei on who can be more Moe and annoying crazy, stupid, and bitchy at the same time.
I almost threw up when Saya started venting about her mom........just disgusting. I feel like I'm watching Higurashi sometimes with all the annoying moe characters.

Then the fanservice is just there to ruin the atmosphere of the situation. Boin nurse is a joke and would get killed instantly in the real world.

So far the only characters I like are Saeko and Takashi......Otaku character is needless pandering he can diaf too.
Old 2010-07-13, 19:56   Link #1271
Xacual

He isn't an anime otaku, he is a military otaku. Also Saya's reaction is pretty believable she was trying to rationalize the situation the whole time but then she had to save her life by using a drill on the head of something that still looked human. Of course her sanity is going to crack a little.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 20:21   Link #1272
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Yeah, but I hope the author touches on that sooner or later... assuming he finishes the manga. ( -_-)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
Its a race between Saya and Rei on who can be more Moe and annoying crazy, stupid, and bitchy at the same time.
Honh~
*throws Nite-Wing into a world full of zombies*
Don't come back crazy, hear me?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 21:11   Link #1273
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Act 2. Escape from the Dead

The second episodes adds up the other main casts: nurse Marikawa, Saya Takagi, Kouta Hirano, and Saeko Busujima.

While I don't mind the fanservice in this show, I do find Marikawa-sensei's one-dimensional and wooden personality absolutely annoying. I had enough with that big-breasted but zero-brains maid girl from Princess Resurrection.

As I can recall from the manga, she wasn't that overly irritating.

Let's move on topic.

The second episode dealt about the characters' frailty as humans, overall.
Spoiler:

BTW, Saeko's The Goddess in this show.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 21:23   Link #1274
ZeKeR
Superbad

episode 3...... i want to see more kouta sinister grin....... and saeko epicness
Old 2010-07-13, 21:39   Link #1275
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by animeboy12 View Post
pfft.. Huge breasts is a pretty universal fetish.
I was thinking that too. I'm sure the director isn't thinking about it either.

They are so universal they don't classify as a fetish.
Yes, but breasts so large that they cease being attractive and become just big should be a fetish. And it's thankfully hardly universal. Quality over quantity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
While I don't mind the fanservice in this show, I do find Marikawa-sensei's one-dimensional and wooden personality absolutely annoying. I had enough with that big-breasted but zero-brains maid girl from Princess Resurrection.

As I can recall from the manga, she wasn't that overly irritating.

BTW, Saeko's The Goddess in this show.
And Shizuka-sensei is exactly that annoying at the beginning of the series. She gets better...

And I don't think you're going to find one legitimately based dissenting opinion on Saeko...
Old 2010-07-13, 21:46   Link #1276
Nite-Wing

meh if there was a zombie Apocalypse I would not be doing the dumb stuff most of these characters are doing.
Rei acting like a crazy shrew at the end of the first ep pretty much turned me off from her.

The only smart ones seem to be Saeko,Kouta, and Saya(when shes not making me vomit with her over the top ranting about mom).

Nurse boin actually sat in her office looking for medicine......the stupidity of her character astounds me.
Old 2010-07-13, 22:01   Link #1277
Xacual

Ok I think you are thinking more in terms of us as viewers without trying to understand the characters. Of course they are doing stupid things, it's a zombie apocalypse and less than a few hours ago they were going about their perfectly normal high school lives filled with romance and crushes and bullying and skipping classes. You know whatever a high school student has to deal with, now they are in a situation where they have to literally kill things that look like other humans to survive without cracking mentally.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2010-07-13, 23:33   Link #1278
disposablehero92
The Gravewalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Ok I think you are thinking more in terms of us as viewers without trying to understand the characters. Of course they are doing stupid things, it's a zombie apocalypse and less than a few hours ago they were going about their perfectly normal high school lives filled with romance and crushes and bullying and skipping classes. You know whatever a high school student has to deal with, now they are in a situation where they have to literally kill things that look like other humans to survive without cracking mentally.
not just that they have to kill things that look lik people they knew, think about it, it wasn't just the dead bf, they probably kne alot of kids and teacher that are now zombies they have to kill can you say MASSIVE mental trurama, i think they will eiher show that damage them selvs, r they will meat people who sucumbed to it just to show us how bad it really is on the mind
Old 2010-07-14, 00:10   Link #1279
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah I wouldn't begin to guess how I'd manage during these kinds of circumstances. Seeing people you know and maybe even friends turn into things that are trying to kill you is just way too hard on the mind. Really within a few hours the world completely changed on them. It might be easier to dehumanize the zombies when outside since it's less likely you'll run into someone you actually knew. Well unless it's a small town and you know everyone.

Any sort of behavior might not be unusual with what is happening. Anyone who can survive won't be left unaffected.
Old 2010-07-14, 01:27   Link #1280
Xacual

The problem with that is in the event of a zombie apocalypse would one be able to think rationally. I can be entirely candid and say despite reading the handbook and knowing what to do I'd probably panic seeing zombies eating people.

I think the main reason I liked this show and the manga so much was because it pretty accurately showed the fact that most people would not be acting sanely or logically at all, at least not initially. Once some time has passed and you survived maybe a day or two I guess you might be able to start to rationalize the situation calmly.

Tags
action, boobs, ecchi, harem, horror, romance, seinen, shounen, zombie apocalypse