AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2006-05-10, 16:54   Link #41
lavielove

I like this one.I'm just thinking about the Kairin's gestures for the other sections of the animesuki like codec help,news and so on. News section she would be reading a newspaper or watching news.In Codec help section, she is holding the plier.^_^ I'm day dreaming already.If Kiva128 could spare sometimes,I would like to wait for full body wallpaper or character introduction of Kairin-chan from him/her.

~Tiny congratulation from one of the members of this forum~
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-10, 17:07   Link #42
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavielove

I like this one.I'm just thinking about the Kairin's gestures for the other sections of the animesuki like codec help,news and so on. News section she would be reading a newspaper or watching news.In Codec help section, she is holding the plier.^_^ I'm day dreaming already.If Kiva128 could spare sometimes,I would like to wait for full body wallpaper or character introduction of Kairin-chan from him/her.

~Tiny congratulation from one of the members of this forum~
Yep I'm actually working on two wallpapers.

The first will be half-body while the second will be full. I will try and work on them as much as I can but I unfortunately have some real life things to take care of as well.
Old 2006-05-11, 06:22   Link #43
Paladinknight

Oh my goodness!!! A mate just directed me to the results~ XD Thanks for choosing Sayuri for second place! I'm really flattered! That's a brilliant start to the day~

Congratulations, Kiva!! Your SDs are charming! <3 I'm looking forward to see how they will dance around on the page and on tee shirts. ^__^ Good luck with the whole project!

Loz, if I may say so then your character designs were my personal fave- ^^; You better not drop them! --Congratulations also!!

okay... the happiness has ended. Back to homeworks! noes~~!!! ;A;
Paladinknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-11, 12:33   Link #44
[darkfire]
Give them the What For!
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to [darkfire] Send a message via Yahoo to [darkfire]
I say for the codec page have a mess of tangled film rolls (yah im old school) in front of her.

For the site guide put her in a tour guide uniform with her pointing the way.

The mirror page is obvious a hand mirror will do. (could be a alittle creative and show a darker side of her in the mirror)
Old 2006-05-12, 12:13   Link #45
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

Great news,welcome to our new godess Kairin.

So she is our new Lord.In her honor,I,ZeusIrae,will sacrifice ten young virgin this day and every year that will follow.They shall burn splendidly on the Altar of Kairin.May she be always with us and protect us from the evil spirits.

We love Kairin,We love Kairin,We love Kairin,We love Kairin,We love Kairin,
We love Kairin,We love Kairin,We love Kairin,We love Kairin,We love Kairin.

This is a day of celebration and joy comrades!

edit:I see,too bad.Chocolate it is then.There's not a lot of survivors anyway.

Last edited by ZeusIrae; 2006-05-13 at 04:05.
ZeusIrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-13, 00:24   Link #46
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Karin is a sweet girl who does not like human sacrifice. She'd prefer that you release the virgins safely and give them a box of chocolate as appology for their troubles.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 11:33   Link #47
lostonezero

congrats to Kiva^__^ great entry and I'm glad I'm at third place after two so good entries
lostonezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 16:46   Link #48
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Karin is a sweet girl who does not like human sacrifice. She'd prefer that you release the virgins safely and give them a box of chocolate as appology for their troubles.
Sorry about that.

JOJOS'STAR, Shay,.. you can let the NoSanninWa go now. ...Maybe but... ...no, you can't... ...just in case... ...don't make me angry... ...no, I don't want to know... ...then let's ask Haruhi.

See, it true, Kairin happy now. And we didn't even get to the chocolate part yet.

...Huh?... What do you mean by you didn't let NoSanninWa go yet?
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 17:13   Link #49
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

well done Kiva128, very cute mascot

hope to see her all over the animesuki community!
JanthraX^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 22:45   Link #50
raphaël
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaël
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
KA(i)RIN? That's quite an interesting slip of the tongue, here. I didn't know you were so sad the series ended a while ago. lol
raphaël is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-18, 09:02   Link #51
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

So, NoSanninWa ~ Now that this contest is over, when do you feel like running the next banner contest? I'm starting to think Summer is just around the corner and how nice it would be to have summery banners all ready and waiting...
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-19, 02:23   Link #52
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

I'll start thinking about it then and run one for this summer. I'll post something on the subject once I've thought about it.

It is about time for another contest. I want new banners!

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-05-20, 16:44   Link #53
madmus
Be my friend

Send a message via MSN to madmus
grats Kive .. nice and clean elf you got there

and now for a big blast .. a complete redesign of animesuki :P ( already hearing the marching drums in the background ) i would realy luv that
madmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-21, 03:58   Link #54
Donovan
Struggling Artist

Send a message via MSN to Donovan
Wow, I gotta say, I'm suprised... First off, I was starting to think like Kiva did that there would never be an anouncement, and second, no matter how many art contests I enter, I'm always surprised by what turns out to be what the judges were looking for. (And never win them myself, probably has something to do with my inability to properly anticipate what judges will like. Based on the overall feel of the winning and finalist submissions, I was once again way off.) But enough about me.

Congratulations, Kiva, on your belated victory!

...I'll admit it, I'm feeling a bit dissapointed I didn't make it...
Donovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-19, 04:36   Link #55
zerodevice
Programmer + Artist

Send a message via MSN to zerodevice
Thumbs up

hi everyone, been using animesuki torrent site for sometime, just didn't really have a look into this forum, and just noticed that the page says about mascot + competition.

argh~~!!!.. well I'm late, that's my problem.
anyway, Kairin is a good design. was wondering is that any more of her images, i would prefer a more happier emotion, coz from this image, she feels like she's "faking the smile with a coffe to go.".

zerodevice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-19, 07:02   Link #56
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodevice
hi everyone, been using animesuki torrent site for sometime, just didn't really have a look into this forum, and just noticed that the page says about mascot + competition.

argh~~!!!.. well I'm late, that's my problem.
anyway, Kairin is a good design. was wondering is that any more of her images, i would prefer a more happier emotion, coz from this image, she feels like she's "faking the smile with a coffe to go.".

If you're refering to this picture:

Then it was edited.

If you're refering to this one:

Then I can only say in my defense that I only found out about the contest 3 days before it ended. So unfortuantely I didn't have the luxury of time. I wasn't going for the ultra-happy expression. More of a gentle, warm, "welcoming" smile. I would have liked to draw some more pictures of Kairin but I barely finished as it was. But don't worry, I got some good stuff coming soon. Can't really give a date as I don't know it myself but I shall try to get it done by the end of the month (Thanks for your patience NightWish and everyone. I know it's been a while since I started). But I want to make sure that it lives up to your expectations.

Oh and welcome to the Animesuki Forums, zerodevice!
Old 2006-06-19, 22:57   Link #57
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Lack of an "ultra-happy expression" might be the reason that it won. We appreciate her more subtle smile.

Old 2006-06-20, 01:11   Link #58
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Speaking of which, shouldn't the mascot be plastered all over Animesuki now?
Btw that avatar of Kairin is cute. It should be somewhere on the front page.
Cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-20, 06:57   Link #59
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwl12
Speaking of which, shouldn't the mascot be plastered all over Animesuki now?
Btw that avatar of Kairin is cute. It should be somewhere on the front page.
Lol. Believe me when I say I've been trying. The mods aren't sure what they want to do with the front page yet so that's why. As I've mentioned earlier, I got a wallpaper coming, it's almost done. So that will more than likely be the first thing posted on the front page (unless the mods have other plans again ).

In anycase, I would like to see Kairin around more as well and would like people to contribute things like banners and such. The only problem with that is, there simply isn't enough Kairin art around to make things like banners. I'm trying but it's definately not easy. The only ones I have of Kairin, are the ones I entered for the contest (outdated since she looks much better now), the new wallpaper, and some new chibi versions similar to my avatar but full body. So more is probably going to be needed for banners and the like.

Ganbare Kiva!
Old 2006-06-22, 08:53   Link #60
katakami
another procrastinator

Send a message via MSN to katakami Send a message via Yahoo to katakami
Congrats dude!

Quite a nice pic! You haven't got any full body ones by any chance do you? I'm sketching fan arts because... i feel like procrastinating *grump* I shouldn't but... ehh... ^^;; Need something to update my website with. ~.~
katakami is offline   Reply With Quote