AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-10-17, 14:59   Link #1101
loreileigh
Genderbending Fangirl

Wish there was more Tenshinhan in this series. He's always been my fav =/
loreileigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 15:30   Link #1102
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
There really is a variety in where people would have liked to end the series. I can understand wanting to finish it at Freeza, but think the Cell arc had a lot of good things in it. Personally that's where I liked to draw the line since I liked where it took Gohan's character. The Buu saga just got ridiculous with all the fusions and just wasn't a fan of it.

Anyways should be interesting with the Ginyu arriving next episode. The speed in this series is great.
Old 2009-10-17, 16:17   Link #1103
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michsi View Post
Well I'll have to disagree with that Plenty of villains in the series have shown REAL fear when put in tight situations. Example : Piccolo Sr.,especially during his last fight with Goku when he realizes that the kid is stronger than him and uses Tenshinhan to gain the uper hand. Cell wasn't the only villain to throw away pride in favor of surviving.

In fact Toriyama has never shyed away from down right humiliating his villains, I guess he wanted them to be as ruthless and cocky as much as possible to make their defeat more pleasing (My guess anyway)
Villains now a days, at least from what I've seen and read, are treated far more kindly, most get to keep some sort of dignity .
Valid point, but I was limiting the discussion to DBZ villains and the DBZ universe itself rather than villains in general. Between the main villains, Vegeta, Frieza, Cell and Buu, Cell did it with some humor. Still, you're right in the sense that Cell wasn't really that different from the other villians but I just enjoyed his wit and sarcasm more than anything else

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 05:05   Link #1104
Ottocycle

Oh my god the Ginyu Force intro song. Such massive massive win. Frieza's reaction never gets old too.

But the pacing slowed down a fair bit this week, with a number of multiple pans, and some snippets of Goku's life in a pod after attaining SSJ.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 05:26   Link #1105
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottocycle View Post
Oh my god the Ginyu Force intro song. Such massive massive win. Frieza's reaction never gets old too.
Oh how i can't wait to see this.

Edit: Just watched.

Spoiler for Episode 28:

Last edited by Shiroth; 2009-10-18 at 07:11.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 08:09   Link #1106
Blackbeard D. Kuma

The Ginyu Force introduction was the best part of this episode for me. The kickass theme that played during that scene is definitely memorable and now it's stuck in my head .

The only voice that I found a little strange was Ginyu's. He sounded a little bit high-pitched, but that's most likely only because he was in the heat of the moment posing before Freeza. Being all excited and enthusiastic can have that effect, after all . I'm sure that when he gets down to business, his voice will become deeper (kind of like Kinnikuman who sounded like a goofball whenever he was fooling around, but had his voice deepen whenever he got serious).

Speaking of voices, I actually like Nail's new voice better than his old one. This one really portrays him as a character who is strict, firm, and doesn't mess around in the least bit, which totally suits him.
Old 2009-10-18, 08:27   Link #1107
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Speaking of voices, I actually like Nail's new voice better than his old one. This one really portrays him as a character who is strict, firm, and doesn't mess around in the least bit, which totally suits him.
Yeah i totally agree, it suits him very nicely. Does help that i like Nail quite a bit as a character, and glad that such a chance works.

& i'm still humming the Ginyu Force theme to myself.
Old 2009-10-18, 08:33   Link #1108
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
& i'm still humming the Ginyu Force theme to myself.
Same here. "Tokusentai.Tokusentai.Tokusentai." I love that song .

It's going to be great seeing the Ginyu Force laugh right at Vegeta's face next episode when they steal his dragon balls. All of that hard work for nothing. Looking forward to seeing their silly jokes and antics as well.
Old 2009-10-18, 08:35   Link #1109
Ottocycle

Toku sentai, toku sentai...

I wonder how wide was the smile on Toriyama's face when he conceived this idea.
Old 2009-10-18, 08:39   Link #1110
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
It's going to be great seeing the Ginyu Force laugh right at Vegeta's face next episode when they steal his dragon balls. All of that hard work for nothing. Looking forward to seeing their silly jokes and antics as well.
The huge Ginyu force fight arc is one of my favorites. Such an enjoyable experience. Being able to see it again with this new fantastic score, and new animation is going to be such a treat. I just hope the new voices for them will match them quite well. I haven't been disappointed so far with any of the new voices, so here's hoping.

Speaking of Vegeta, it was so good seeing his super angry self in episode 27. Gohan pulled a fantastic one over him.

Quote:
I wonder how wide was the smile on Toriyama's face when he conceived this idea.
Oh my, i bet he's still smiling now.
Old 2009-10-18, 09:00   Link #1111
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Oh my, i bet he's still smiling now.
Certainly more at the song and the camera work than anything else.
Old 2009-10-19, 09:07   Link #1112
Vicious108

Finally watched it and...

TOKUSENTAI! TOKUSENTAI!

That was both incredibly cheesy and incredibly awesome.

Hard to judge the voices as of yet, but man did Katsuyuki Konishi's Ginyu sound hilarious and high-pitched. I think the new VAs are gonna have a lot of fun voicing the Ginyu Force and their silly antics.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 13:09   Link #1113
loreileigh
Genderbending Fangirl

I know this is a little off-topic, but is any one else getting Raging Blast? It has everything Burst Limit doesn't, finally Buu Saga characters. ^^ Would be fun to play anyone.
loreileigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 17:31   Link #1114
Bombo
TSF Fans

Toku sentai,Toku sentai,Toku sentai,Toku sentai,

ftw.!!!!!
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 07:42   Link #1115
Jaden

This remake is just rocking. That was hands down the best version of the Ginyu introduction. It was weird to hear Aya Hirano as Dende though. Why such a famous VA for a sidekick that has like two lines? Doesn't feel right.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 20:55   Link #1116
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
This remake is just rocking. That was hands down the best version of the Ginyu introduction. It was weird to hear Aya Hirano as Dende though. Why such a famous VA for a sidekick that has like two lines? Doesn't feel right.
Well to her credit, she did a wonderful job as Dende. It was a convincing Dende to say the least and besides, she's probably a busy person voicing for other anime as well in bigger roles too.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 22:05   Link #1117
Vicious108

Eh, Dende sticks around for quite a while. I'd say it's a good role for her.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 23:10   Link #1118
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
It was weird to hear Aya Hirano as Dende though. Why such a famous VA for a sidekick that has like two lines? Doesn't feel right.
She is small fry compared to the likes of Nozawa (Goku/Gohan/Goten), Tanaka (Krillin/Luffy), Furuya (Yamcha/Amuro) & Midorikawa (Tenshinhan/Heero) et al in terms of fame.

I say she got a fitting role for a young upstart. At least her role doesn't die the first ep she's in (see the K-On cast person who voiced Dende's friend).
Old 2009-10-25, 02:48   Link #1119
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Many man tears were shed over the Ginyu Force Intro. Simply bravo.

Quote:
But the pacing slowed down a fair bit this week, with a number of multiple pans, and some snippets of Goku's life in a pod after attaining SSJ.
It's all forgivable stuff though, given that they still managed to cram a crap-ton into the episode. Watching Goku chill for the last stretch of the trip was pretty fun, too. =)

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 02:55   Link #1120
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushroomSamba View Post
Many man tears were shed over the Ginyu Force Intro.
They played the song again this week! Ended with Guldo's death and Goku's imminent landing (in 10 minutes in-universe time, the narrator said).

Konishi has the potential for awesome as Ginyu. We hear the usual him when Ginyu speaks normally lol.