AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-07-04, 02:52   Link #3321
bio9205
Reborn

Yup, can't see that video.

It definitely didn't seem like a local dub for me - we have a few shows that are locally dubbed, and trust me, I know how bad they are. I'll catch this Saturday's episode and listen more closely.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 23:38   Link #3322
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT1OiGdmnAQ

do these actors sound familiar to you?
iirc bandai pretty much uses the same va's for all Gundam english dubs in NA.
Bandai used Ocean Group for Gundam 00, which meant we got treated to things like Quatre as Setsuna, Due as Ali al-Saachez, and Athrun as Tieria.
Old 2012-07-15, 21:02   Link #3323
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I expected to see a lot more moaning and bitching and crying about "the death of the franchise" after the latest episode with Kio doing his whole thing of trying not to kill enemy soldiers on his way towards the end of the conflict, but am very pleasantly surprised to see that that hasn't happened yet.

Personally I think it's because people were expecting boring ass battles like the ones Kira fought out of it because of the whole no kill thing reminding them of Kira, when really that had nothing to do with the depiction of battles in Seed Destiny so much as the fact that the choreagraphy for that show was non-existent and very little if any thought seemed to be put into how to depict the mobile suits in combat.

Anyway good on the Gundam fandom for managing to avert a total meltdown. Very rare is that the case anymore.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 21:26   Link #3324
Raysoul

Kio might be pulling off a no-kill ownage, but he admits that he is not Jesus Yamato that can change the course of war by that style.
Old 2012-07-15, 23:51   Link #3325
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raysoul View Post
Kio might be pulling off a no-kill ownage, but he admits that he is not Jesus Yamato that can change the course of war by that style.
Kira's way of fighting has nothing to do with changing the course of the war, so Kira has nothing to admit as far as that is concerned.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 00:37   Link #3326
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raysoul View Post
Well he's basically doing for himself because it's in his power to do and he's still completing the objective. He'd rather do it that way though because that's the kind of fighting he's come to believe in. Kira's situation I honestly don't really remember all that well, I just remember his battles were nothing like the one Kio is fighting in the FX.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 00:54   Link #3327
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
He'd rather do it that way though because that's the kind of fighting he's come to believe in.
If that is true (I haven't seen the episode), then it's a similar situation with Kira.
Old 2012-07-26, 13:09   Link #3328
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 15:03   Link #3329
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Looks like the Blurays are still making over 1,000 sales per copy.

3rd volume contains the Fairdain arc right? Then that would explain why it sold the least so far.

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 17:31   Link #3330
FalsePrime

Those sales are awful. Still nothing we didn't already know. Honestly I would have bought DVD box sets of Age had they came to NA but then again I buy all Gundam series.

Still a part of me wishes DVD had been a real thing when G/W/X was being aired to see how much hype during the time of their airing would have boosted/hurt sales. According to the Gunpla Graph Wing didn't make a dent as far as all the EW MG's released. This really surprises me given they went ahead and announced they will continue the line before even Blitz was out in stores.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 05:19   Link #3331
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

well, the AGE Gunpla sales arent doing as good as they hoped, with the sales are pretty much riding on UC's success.

It does really suck to see that AGE has fallen below X in terms of DVD sales. But the show really is a trainwreck to be honest. Personally i enjoy it but i wont deny its shortcomings and bad plot/execution.
Old 2012-07-27, 07:54   Link #3332
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
well, the AGE Gunpla sales arent doing as good as they hoped, with the sales are pretty much riding on UC's success.

It does really suck to see that AGE has fallen below X in terms of DVD sales. But the show really is a trainwreck to be honest. Personally i enjoy it but i wont deny its shortcomings and bad plot/execution.
Agreed. It's bad, but enjoyable nonetheless. IMO the first arc ruined it. Loved the Asemu arc and the Kio arc is really shaping up to be good.

And I LOL'ed at the SEED sales. Go SEED! No wonder Bandai wanted to do a remaster for it, it's a real cash cow.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 09:23   Link #3333
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Agreed. It's bad, but enjoyable nonetheless. IMO the first arc ruined it. Loved the Asemu arc and the Kio arc is really shaping up to be good.

And I LOL'ed at the SEED sales. Go SEED! No wonder Bandai wanted to do a remaster for it, it's a real cash cow.
Yeah, the first arc was horrible, minus 1-3 and 12-15. it pretty much set it in stone, Gen 2 was good, with Gen 3 dropping in quality, in my opinion.

SEED HD is outdoing AGE in terms of DVD/BD sales, which is also sad in one way. lol
Old 2012-07-28, 00:23   Link #3334
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
Is there a time period covered in these sales numbers? Assuming the last column was the release date and these numbers reflect sales up to recent period, it isn't so bad for the recently released Age BD/DVDs. Turn A (and even W) only managed that relatively low numbers even for a decade in perspective.

While SEED copies do sell like hotcakes, Unicorn on the other hand must have sold all their inventory.
Old 2012-07-28, 00:56   Link #3335
FalsePrime

Wing's DVD sales actually aren't that bad. It is right in line with ZZ and when you compare it to some of the others on the list in the side bar it is easily above over half the list.

In fact, if we OO get released in a similar fashion a decade from now it likely won't be any higher then Wing, or at least not a great deal higher.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 01:31   Link #3336
monster

What do the different columns stand for?
Old 2012-07-28, 08:47   Link #3337
justavisitor

I think it means:
Volume, first time(first week?), 2nd week, total, and release date...

Age is missing the "total" column, but I think there is an * beside third and fifth volume saying the total is 1826 and 1956 respectively

and I don't see anywhere it says seed hd is outdoing Age...the poster has the original seed and destiny, but not the remaster one???

Anyway, I don't actually know Japanese, but it's similar to a language I know, so take it with a grain of salt XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 09:40   Link #3338
galdr

*3, *9,531 **9,531 Mobile Suit Gundam Seed HD Remaster Blu-ray Box vol.2 Limited Edition

From the General Anime section.

Last edited by galdr; 2012-07-28 at 09:45. Reason: Include the link
galdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 09:40   Link #3339
tetsuo69

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
I think it means:

Age is missing the "total" column, but I think there is an * beside third and fifth volume saying the total is 1826 and 1956 respectively

and I don't see anywhere it says seed hd is outdoing Age...the poster has the original seed and destiny, but not the remaster one???
Anyway, I don't actually know Japanese, but it's similar to a language I know, so take it with a grain of salt XD
i was gonna piont this out as well, can someone clear this ?

edit

galdr - thanks for the numbers
Old 2012-07-28, 14:36   Link #3340
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
I think it means:
Thanks for the explanation. Somehow, I didn't even notice that the second-to-last-column had the biggest numbers.