Notices

Old 2009-01-03, 20:38   Link #461
melira

lol good stuff
melira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-05, 20:32   Link #462
zorahk

Also yuurisan/maiwaifu,

Stop releasing XVID releases and spend your energy upgrading the H.264 release to full 1280x720

No one gives a **** about low res xvid releases. The quality is just atrocious.

So why would you release an anime in SD when I can go download an HD raw?

Please either release it in HD or release your subs as a sub file so I can just put it on my HD raw. I'm sick of this low res nonsense.
zorahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-05, 21:48   Link #463
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorahk View Post
The show airs in SD and SD-up, not HD.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 02:11   Link #464
zaudragon
Translator of マイワイフ Subs

Send a message via AIM to zaudragon
I dunno, I'm just the translator, but if you really cared, you could always demux the original mkv's, take the subtitle file, and remux it with a "better" raw, right?
zaudragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 19:35   Link #465
zorahk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
The show airs in SD and SD-up, not HD.
No, it does air in HD. I watch it in 720p raw
Old 2009-01-06, 19:36   Link #466
zorahk

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaudragon View Post
I dunno, I'm just the translator, but if you really cared, you could always demux the original mkv's, take the subtitle file, and remux it with a "better" raw, right?
What I am saying is can yuurisan/maiwaifu release the subtitle file as a .ass as well?

If you guys are too lazy to use a good raw.

OR, I am asking you to ask them to use a better raw
Old 2009-01-06, 23:31   Link #467
PEDOS_GRANDE
MHD != HD

Quote:
Ok, so who wants to take this one....
PEDOS_GRANDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 23:35   Link #468
Narumi
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEDOS_GRANDE View Post
Ok, so who wants to take this one....
There's no debate. If it airs in 720P, it has to be HD ANIME. I can tell from the many HD pixels and from seeing quite a few 720P raws in my time.
Old 2009-01-06, 23:37   Link #469
N-Bomb
King of Braves
*Fansubber

Quote:

Do you believe that the only requirement for HD is for a video to have 720 or 1080 vertical pixels?

Well, then you should be happy with these.

I know that I for one love watching DVDs in HD on my HDTV.
N-Bomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 23:42   Link #470
PEDOS_GRANDE
MHD != HD

Quote:
Also yuurisan/maiwaifu,

Stop releasing XVID releases and spend your energy upgrading the H.264 release to full 1280x720

Paging Mr. Mentar. Mr Mentar, please pick up the white courtesy phone......
PEDOS_GRANDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 23:45   Link #471
Alair

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
For me, there is one unasked question that is overshadowing all others on this show. I've seen people asking why Ai is back from Hell. I've seen people asking why she is bound to this particular girl, I've seen people asking why Kukuri only exists for comedic effect. However I haven't seen anyone asking the question whose oddness seems to overshadow these details. Every single episode we're shown something that directly contradicts both of the first two seasons and implies that the rules have been seriously upturned.

Back in seasons one and two, Enma Ai was very particular about whose vengeance she would enact. She often sent one of her helpers to spy on people who click the website before making up her mind to answer. I've seen people completely unable to access the site simply because their hatred wasn't strong enough. The people she accepted vengeance about were almost always scumbags who deserved a bad fate. Even though we frequently thought the victim should have called the police instead of damning their soul, at least the victim deserved what he got. Ai was unerringly careful that way.
Is that really true? The nurse episode's an obvious counter and it wasn't for a lack of research on Ai's part, Wanyuudo even says something to the effect that this time Hajime won't be able to interfere, presumably because that time the request was so random that there would be no way for him to find the culprit before it's too late. And during the boat ride back one of the trio says something about this job leaving a bad taste in his mouth to which another replies that it's not as if this is the first time they've gotten a request like this, oh but isn't the mistress doing a marvelous job of hardening her heart?

There's been people unable to access the Hotline to Hell, sure, but only those whose hatreds were not strong enough. And during the end of the second part when asked if she can't simply turn down some of the requests Ai indicates that it's not up to her to decide.

Quote:
Now, in season three, that rule is completely overturned nearly every single episode! Often these vengeances are misplaced. Ai always seems to appear the first time people check her site. People have damned others to Hell over stupid misunderstandings without Ai wanting to investigate. (Like the teacher in episode 1.) They've damned others to Hell for someone else's grudge without any hatred of their own. (Episode 9.) They've even sent someone to Hell after clicking the website's go button accidentally because they were startled by a goldfish jumping, without really meaning to do that. (Episode 10.) Nearly every single vengeance up to episode 10 (the last episode I've seen) was a misfire some reason or other. The only case of honest justifiable hatred so far was in episode 9 concerning the woman's pet dog and even that one manages to fail because she only pulled the string by accident!

I don't think this is just carelessness on the part of the creators. I think that this is the intent to show vengeance done wrong and accidently. I think Enma Ai is trying to break the system. After having been thrown aside cruelly at the end of season 2, she's trying to screw with Jigoku Tsushin.
Would Hell really be upset with people "accidently" condemning themselves to it?

Myself, I'm quite enjoying the third season. My favorite so far.
Alair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 23:48   Link #472
N-Bomb
King of Braves
*Fansubber

Quote:
Also yuurisan/maiwaifu,

Please either release it in HD or release your subs as a sub file so I can just put it on my HD raw. I'm sick of this low res nonsense.

Maybe they should copy it all to VHS and capture it back, and that should be the only copy you (you personally) are allowed to watch

That said, what is wrong with you? Do you think the show is any better in higher resolution or something? Are you going to see worlds of depth that aren't perceptable in a lower resolution copy, bringing you to a sublime state of understanding of JUST. WHAT. THIS. SHOW. MEANS?

They will sub the show as they will sub it. There is no point to upscaling raws in order to make some kind of fake HD (search the forum for MHD).

My advice is for you to stop complaining, and to get a horse and live in the mountains some place and don't bother anybody.
N-Bomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 00:14   Link #473
I'm Oppressed
Why Does Everyone Hate Me

Quote:
Also yuurisan/maiwaifu,

HD

NOT HD

Old 2009-01-07, 04:20   Link #474
zato_1one

Hi! Can someone tell me which episode has a song "Uka" (from OST) played in it.

This song is very beautiful. Can't stop listening. I watch this show only for artistic sense. I downloaded each episode based on screenshot and review.

This season has the best visualization and art. IMO
Old 2009-01-07, 10:42   Link #475
PastPrime

Quote:
What I am saying is can yuurisan/maiwaifu release the subtitle file as a .ass as well?

If you guys are too lazy to use a good raw.

OR, I am asking you to ask them to use a better raw
Aren't you the one who is not only lazy, but inappreciative. There are FREE programs that allow you to separate the sub tract out of MKV's and FREE programs that let you encode that tract into a higher definition raw if it's that important to you. I personally, am very appreciative that someone is subbing this and that the quality of the video is more than adequate. I have series that have been finished over a year and are still being subbed at an episode every couple of months. I would to love to have any quality sub on those just to get to the end. If it is so important to you then start your own sub group and only sub HD raws. As for this anime, it may not be in HD, but it still looks good on my wide screen HD TV.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 22:51   Link #476
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Neighbour

All of the overall episodes in the Jigoku Shoujo franchise which feature dogs as a reason for revenge, the eighth episode from season three has been the only in which the dog...
Spoiler:

However, do they really wanted to insult my intelligence.

Pardon me the use of the word 'stupid', but no other adjectives cross my mind to classify this episode.

The situations that led to Shintani's bullying were absurd, and her bullying and tantrum episodes were pretty absurd in itself.

Spoiler:

If you ask me, the only thing enjoyable for this series...
Spoiler:

P.S. Kikuri's right about dog meat. It's a cuisine delicacy or at least edible in China.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 05:36   Link #477
Mega-Japan
Capuchuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Send a message via AIM to Mega-Japan Send a message via Yahoo to Mega-Japan
I'm not trying to be another trollbut zohrak does have a point. Not in the whole thing whether the video is 720p or not but that Yuurisan-Maiwaifu should indeed focus more on the HD/H264 release first before anything, specially since for some reason they release the non-important-and-only-useful-for-people-with-crap-cpu XVid version hours before they put up the H264 version.
Old 2009-01-08, 05:43   Link #478
Kikoto

I wonder what happens next,I wouldn't mind if Yuzuki and Tsugumi would pair up.
I wonder if Yuzuki will investigate now this whole Jigoku Shoujo person/case and will try somehow to go to hell to bring her best friend back,well it's possible for Enma Ai to be back so maybe for normal person too.
We know that Hajime dissapeared so maybe he willingly gone to hell by himself being again obsessed by Jigoku Shoujo case,and Tsugumi watches from these years passing on that festival night if he comes back from that gate maybe,that's why she tells that to Yuzuki to not go there.
But now if these two would have common goal maybe something could happen,they both rather strong mediums,possible Jigoku SHoujo in lines.
Well maybe Enma Ai made this whole situation possible to be finally break free from Jigoku Shoujo position,if Yuzuki would go in somekind rage mode as Enma did in her village,maybe she would be sentenced to be next Jigoku Shoujo,and Enma soul would be released.
Also what interests me is why there's no Tenshi Shoujo or something to counter hell actions,so in these Japan beliefs there's no Heaven and souls just wanders here and there or get reincarnated?
Kikoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 06:29   Link #479
Zippicus

Jeeze, for you people whining, feel free to startup your own fansub group and release videos in whatever format you choose. In the meantime stop giving grief to pretty much the only group releasing subs for this show. They're doing us all a favor, act like you understand that a little.
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 06:35   Link #480
FateAnomaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikoto View Post
Also what interests me is why there's no Tenshi Shoujo or something to counter hell actions,so in these Japan beliefs there's no Heaven and souls just wanders here and there or get reincarnated?
Well i don't think sending someone to heaven and when you die you will go to heaven as well will work quite as well :P.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
supernatural