AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-03, 08:28   Link #1
Moonlith

Nothing left?..

I've been trying a few animes lately but none of which I found myself capable of getting into or intrigued enough to watch it further. It feels kind of frustrating to see a few eps of one anime and finding myself not in the mood to watch it any further, over and over again. In a way, it feels as if I've already seen the only animes out there that struck my fancy; quite a scary thought.

I think one of the main requirements is that ( unless the anime or atmosphere is REALLY good like the Ghost in the Shell movie ) the characters must appeal to my eyes. The main reason I couldn't get deeper into the mood for animes like Lovely Complex or Amaenaideyo!! is simply because the character looks didn't appeal to me.

A different requirement, but to a lesser extent I think, is personality. I don't like shyness, I like fiestyness and confidence.

I'll give a brief list of animes I thought were great, and so far I fear there aren't any more animes that can complement the list:

Fruits Basket >>> Comfortable atmosphere, nice humor, and of course Kyou <3
Full Metal Panic >>> Loved the looks of the main two characters, great humor, and great personalities. Females beating up guys = <3 Also plenty of cute scenes between Chidori and Sousuke.
Ouran High School Host Club >>> I'm thinking this is my favourit. Fun personalities, great atmosphere, great looks, and some of the most awesome humor I've seen in anime.
Inukami >>> Good enough looks, fun personalities. Females beating up guys = <3
Zero no Tsukaima >>> Same as above.
Gravitation >>> Nice humor, nice looks, cute scenes are fun :P
Gokuudo >>> Can't really place it at the top of my list but his personality is awesome.
Kaze no Stigma >>> Main character had good looks and good pesonality.
Ranma 1/2 >>> I'm actually still watching it, and I like it Ranma looks cute in both forms, interaction is fun.
Seto no Hanayome >>> Looks are decent, but I mainly liked the humor in this one.
Puni Puni Poemy >>> Not exactly part of the list but still worth mentioning; I love the hyper humor :P

As a possible third request, I like fun interaction between characters, including physical contact, fights, accidental ecchi, romantic stuff, etc. Like Tales of Eternia's first episode where Ridd ends up falling on top of Farah and she grabs him by the collar and tosses him off :P

Actually this is kind of weird to say but, especially sitting on top of one another - especially female on male - I think is cute O.o Like http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/clubs/3/318m.jpg

Also the haircut scene in FMP where Chidori cuts Sousuke's hair is strangely cute... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pv4RDaR0YA

Sooo to summon it up...

1 ) Pretty / sexy character looks.
2 ) Confident / fiesty personalities, or at the least not shy.
3 ) Fun / cute / romantic interaction.

That aside I don't really care what catagory it is. Although comedy is nice; chaotic and hyper especially so, but it's not a requirement.

I think I've ranted enough... Ahurm.... Help me? :P
Old 2009-02-03, 08:36   Link #2
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo.

It has about everything you require.

Its a mecha show, but it currently has more moe, ecchi, humour, fun interaction between characters, including physical contact, fights, accidental ecchi.

Not sure if romance will happen, but it currently looks hilariously yuri lol

Watch it, it is amazing. Though you'll miss out the mecha parodies and homages, but its still hilarious even if you don't know about the references.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-02-03, 08:37   Link #3
Moonlith

I might do, I enjoyed Gundam Wing and FMP

Should probably mention my favourit interaction is between male and female, but either yaoi- or yuri-like interaction is both good too.
Old 2009-02-03, 08:39   Link #4
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlith View Post
I might do, I enjoyed Gundam Wing and FMP
Gundam Wing? There's one reference right there in episode 1.

Its a Sunrise anime, so do expect great quality.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-02-03, 09:41   Link #5
LithiumHelios
Custom User Title

Send a message via MSN to LithiumHelios
I'd have to recommend The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Seems to have the kind of balance your looking for and I'd easily recommend it, I did love the series.

A second that came to mind was Spice and Wolf.

That may have the elements your looking for.
Old 2009-02-03, 10:21   Link #6
Seriost
musicHOLiC~

Send a message via MSN to Seriost
I would say LOVELESS
Its weak yaoi (IMO) if you've seen Gravitation(I know you have, im not stupid) then this is your best choice. Its my favorite anime of all time, its magic.
Old 2009-02-03, 10:52   Link #7
Moonlith

I've seen Loveless, just forgot to mention it in this list :P Granted, the main character is very cute, so based on that I should mention it technically.

I'll check the other three.

Any more?
Old 2009-02-03, 11:05   Link #8
Teletha

Well, two things I'd recommend. Macross Frontier Have you seen it? Sheryl is the type of character you seem like you'd like. Very feisty and full of confidence. Alto is a good male lead. The Alto x Sheryl interaction is funny, charming and they have great chemistry. Yeah, she smacks him a few times too. . The character designs are really beautiful as well. It's mecha and not really that humorous, but it's enjoyable to watch with great characters, music and action scenes.

Maria Holic is another with the more wacky humor you might enjoy. It's lots of fun.
Old 2009-02-04, 04:54   Link #9
blewin

Eureka Seven - for fun/cute interaction, since Eureka is like Haruhi in Ouran (in personality).

Scrapped Princess - confident and fiesty. Nice character design.
Old 2009-02-04, 15:43   Link #10
oompa loompa

Mmm not sure if youve watched it or not, but give toradora a try, its pretty damn good ( personal opinion of course) fiesty female lead, and great character designs/ animation, the only issue is that its still running.. but theres only 6 more episodes i believe before the shows complete, a second to all the shows mentioned above, especially to haruhi and eureka seven.
Closed Thread