AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

View Poll Results: So what are your favorite seasons xD?
Spring 28 22.95%
Summer 23 18.85%
Autumn 28 22.95%
Winter 43 35.25%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-06-02, 08:51   Link #1
Narona
Emotionless White Face

What is/are your favorite season/s?

Well, I searched for a similar thread, but i found nothing

Summer is right ahead, and it feels good so I decided to create a new thread

I actually like spring, summer and autumn the most. I don't really hate winter but... I dislike when the weather is too cold. It's cool when there's snow though. I can't deny that I like to celebrate chistmas and such too :3 I also like to sleep a lot when it's cold outside... It makes me hibernate xD

Anyway, I prefer when the weather is good and warm (not too much though). I really like it. Mostly because I can wear a lot of different nice clothes, because I can buy a lot of fruits and vegetables, and spend time outside with my family or friends.

*But* I try to not stay right under the sun for hours, and I try to not sunbathe ; I dislike that. I tend to see too many people to go sunbathing, and despite using lots of creams and such, a certain number of them tend to end up with skin problems years later. I don't want to endure any skin problems due to that (I know I am paranoïd about that <.<)

Anyway, here a little summary of what I personally like and dislike for each season

Spring:

+ Nice weather in general. Not too hot.
+ Looking at the trees, flowers, etc. that are growing. It looks so nice.
+ Can swap little by little to summer clothes
+ Some Fruits and Vegetables that I can't buy in winter start to appear on shelves.
+ Shopping.

- The weather that can be cold, then hot, then cold again. It's tiring.
- Still the possibility to catch a cold/flu

Summer:

+ Warm weather
+ Possibility to wear a lot of nice clothes
+ I admit it, I also like summer because it means long holidays here in france
+ The nature looks nice. Especially in the mountains.
+ More fruits and vegetables
+ The Cafés in late afternoon/night.
+ The starry sky
+ But the Thunderstorms too

- I don't mind warm weather, but I admit that sometimes, it's just too hot
- In big cities like Paris, it doesn't feel as good as in spring or autumn... It can become really too hot, even during the night. Meh.
- Too much sun.

Autumn:

+ Nature in autumn looks so nice. When the leaves turn yellow...
+ Nice weather. Which means still the possibility to wear nice clothes
+ Fruits and vegetables + some mushrooms :3

- I don't really dislike anything in autumn.

Winter:

+ Snow (a winter without any snow is meh =( )
+ Makes me sleepy
+ Christmas, and christmas decoration in shops/cities.
+ Shopping
+ Some nice clothes...

- ... But not that many.
- Flu
- Too cold
- Only a few *french* fruits and vegetables on shelves

So, what are your favorite seasons?

Last edited by Narona; 2009-06-02 at 16:54.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 08:53   Link #2
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

It's always summer in Singapore. So, no choice here.

P.S. The thing on Marshall Petain?
Old 2009-06-02, 08:57   Link #3
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

in my Country there is only Summer and winter

my Favorite Season is Summer ^__^
Old 2009-06-02, 09:05   Link #4
KimmyChan

I actually voted wrongly by mistake there just then

I was meant to vote for Winter first instead of Spring as Spring is my second fave of the seasons
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 09:11   Link #5
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
It's always summer in Singapore. So, no choice here.

P.S. The thing on Marshall Petain?
I will, don't worry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmyChan View Post
I actually voted wrongly by mistake there just then

I was meant to vote for Winter first instead of Spring as Spring is my second fave of the seasons
I FAIL, I forgot to enable the "multiple" votes option.

I asked Klashikari if he can enable it =(

Sorry.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 09:21   Link #6
Woopzilla
Desensitized

I like Winter. When I still lived in Germany we would get lots of snow. It was fun to play around in and I also like the look of snow covered countrysides. I used to live in a small village area very vey close by to a bigger town. I would have to walk through a forest to reach my school and it was just beautiful.

But now that I'm here in england, I don't get to see much snow, so no more 'White Christmases'.

Nevertheless, I find it easier to stay warm in winter, than cool in summer. So I like that bonus.
Old 2009-06-02, 09:30   Link #7
Jill Valentine

Spring-------
Jill Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 10:18   Link #8
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

I voted for spring because it's not too hot and the landscape at this season is beautiful I like Autumn too because the tree colors are beautiful. The bigest problem that I have with summer it's when it's really too hot and you're not at the beach or something like that. It's really a nightmare when you're in a bus with no air-conditioning >_>

Winter is great when you're at the moutain but sometimes it's really too cold.

Anyway my fav is Spring
Old 2009-06-02, 10:19   Link #9
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
spring is 1st choice, summer 2nd
spring cause I love the transition from winter to spring, it smells nice outside and isn't too warm or too cold. The rain makes it pleasant to still stay inside and enjoy my life of solitude.
Summer cause I love thunderstorms, but not n.o. 1 cause I live in the attic and hate the sauna days summer brings allong
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 10:52   Link #10
Mitsu
Momento Mori

Winter's my first favorite, simply because I like cold weather and I like being able to ice skate. I also like to take walks more at that time of year because there are less people outside to try and harass me.

Spring is second because I like going up to Washington D.C and seeing the Cherry Blossoms. And I just love the rain here, it's nice to walk in unless it's lightning out with Thunder and possibly Tornadoes. o.o I live close to or in Tornado alley, you see...
Yay for Winter! Woops... I accidently voted for Autumn, oh well!
Old 2009-06-02, 10:57   Link #11
stubby42

The summer is absolutly killing me, british houses traditionally dont have air conditioning because it usually doesnt get hot enough to justify them, then add in the fact that most british houses are made of stone means your basically living in an oven when the weather does get hot (which seems to be happening more often as the years go by).

I have been waking up at 5am for the past three days because I am sweltering, I'm hot sweaty, uncomfortable and trying to write an essay please kill me.

Also I have hay fever and despite taking a very strong presciption I am still sneezing and my eyes are watering.

Serriously bring on the winter, but not a british winter I want snow.
stubby42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 11:03   Link #12
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

I like Summer because of the warm and nice weather and Winter because of snow. However, I don't like Spring because I have very bad allergies and I always feel bad because of it since I constantly need to blow my nose and I sneeze alot.
Old 2009-06-02, 11:14   Link #13
Jill Valentine

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubby42 View Post
The summer is absolutly killing me, british houses traditionally dont have air conditioning because it usually doesnt get hot enough to justify them, then add in the fact that most british houses are made of stone means your basically living in an oven when the weather does get hot (which seems to be happening more often as the years go by).

I have been waking up at 5am for the past three days because I am sweltering, I'm hot sweaty, uncomfortable and trying to write an essay please kill me.

Also I have hay fever and despite taking a very strong presciption I am still sneezing and my eyes are watering.

Serriously bring on the winter, but not a british winter I want snow.
But i doubt you get this kind of tempreture in middle of may (49c)
Where i live we dont have spring at all summer and a bit of winter,

Winter is nice too
Jill Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 11:23   Link #14
Kafriel
Senior Guest

My favourite season is definitely Autumn, since it's the time summer ends^^
Now don't get me wrong, it's good to walk around in less clothes and enjoy a bright scenery, but the sun,wind and occasional rain are too freaking hot(max of 55 degrees in july...) The wind burns my eyes, the sun makes my head permanently sweaty (cap included) and,suffice to say, I get burned a lot
Nevertheless, Autumn breeze is the best, it doesn't rain as much since we got season lag here in Greece ("cold weather" starts at the end of November, rains start after mid-December and hail comes next year) and time just flies when people are having fun, so I suppose that's the one for me
Winter and spring are also nice but I just meh, I get Christmas blues and spring brings back clouds of pollen and all the allergies along.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 11:52   Link #15
Xacual

Voted for Winter because I don't like hot weather at all. It's miserable and annoying. I always joke that I want a vacation home in the southern hemisphere so that I can avoid summer entirely all year round.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 12:06   Link #16
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Voted for Winter because I don't like hot weather at all.
Same here. It's hot most of the year around here, and I for once, have gotten pretty tired of it all.

Oh, and you gotta love it when we even get hot days during winter.
Old 2009-06-02, 12:26   Link #17
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

I prefer Spring to be honest, because it is the most Normal season in here. But that really doesn’t matter, as we can get all seasons in one day in here :P

One thing I don’t like about the Summer is that my sense of time gets really screwed with.
Bloody hell, 7 at night looks like 3 in the afternoon. Crazy.
Old 2009-06-02, 12:30   Link #18
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

When I live somewhere like I do now where we have 4 Real Seasons (sorry, Japan not unique) then its hard to choose since each season has good attributes (like very cute hardly-dressed coeds on campus in spring time) and bad (mosquitoes at twilight in spring).

I do admit being happiest with Autumn though.... crunchy leaves, brisk air, anticipation of the pagan holidays, etc.

edit: heh, as Arabesque notes -- in the summer when the sun rises at 4am and sets near 10pm (or conversely in the winter when we get six hrs of cloudy daylight and the sun barely creeps above the trees at noon.), time can really get twisted.

I live at the same latitude as the northern point of Hokkaido (or a bit south of the Channel in latitude).

Last edited by Vexx; 2009-06-02 at 13:41. Reason: giving latitude references...
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 12:42   Link #19
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

^
I never seemed to mind it when it happens in winter, even when it starts to look like Midnight in the afternoon (maybe because I feel more relaxed when the sun sets). But for some reason, ever since I was little, I couldn't but dislike summer for this reason
Old 2009-06-02, 13:47   Link #20
LeoXiao
思想工作

I like winter and summer the best for very different reasons, and dislike spring and fall equally.

Winter is good because there is the possibility of snow, all the bugs are dead, the air feels good, and when everything is cold I feel more active.
Summer is good because there's no school, some fun things can only be done in the sun (like burning stuff with a magnifying glass) , food can be grown (I like that), and a whole bunch of small things that make the season nice.
Spring and Autumn are nasty to me because that's when school is the hardest, most tedious, and generally suckiest. Also, where I live it rains all the time during these seasons and nothing good really happens.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote