AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-07-02, 18:07   Link #1
Oppius
Banned

Underrated things?

What are things that you believe good enough but almost nobody interested at simply it just boring and not 'cool' to them? Let them know here!

Non-sexual concept of 'love'

I always annoyed when I talked about love, people often associate it with sex. Love isn't always equal sex, as if I love my mother or love to eat cheeseburgers as examples.

Airplanes

Maybe I was wrong on this one but most people are more interested on cars than airplanes. Maybe there are lots of fictions, novels, games and movies about fast cars than airplanes. Congrats for Tom Clancy for making good(but not perfect) game about airplanes, HAWX. I wish someone ever made an airplane version of Gran Turismo someday.
Oppius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 18:26   Link #2
Tsukase
what???!!!!

Send a message via MSN to Tsukase Send a message via Yahoo to Tsukase
er...so...i love wars...second,vitnam.
im a fanatic about it,maybe is just cuz im not a soldier...
anyway,my partners think im fool..but im a collector of wars materials and everything about
wars!
Tsukase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 18:39   Link #3
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Chess
It's underrated. Especially under the younger folk, they say it's boring.
I play chess since elementary school and loved to play with my grandfather...no I don't have a opponent anymore. A pity
Old 2009-07-02, 18:42   Link #4
Hejin
Discoholic

Send a message via MSN to Hejin
Jamiroquai! They are by far one of the most original and fresh bands on the planet, yet they remain relatively unknown in the US beyond Canned Heat and Virtual Insanity. Those are both amazing songs, but there remain to be many more.
Hejin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 19:02   Link #5
Chaho-Chi
toptoptoptoptoptoptoptopt
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Chaho-Chi
Certain bands.
Just as much overrated bands you can find (CoughJonhasbrothersCoughCough)
There is a whole load of good bands that aren't recognized since people pay too much attention to the more popular groups.

Chaho-Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 19:23   Link #6
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hejin View Post
Jamiroquai! They are by far one of the most original and fresh bands on the planet, yet they remain relatively unknown in the US beyond Canned Heat and Virtual Insanity. Those are both amazing songs, but there remain to be many more.
Oh trust me, I know them....Unfortunately they're old-skool for me as I've been listening to them since 1997...What yo know about "Butterfly"? That one is smooth is silk...
Old 2009-07-02, 21:13   Link #7
BanishingBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amex_Yohko View Post
What are things that you believe good enough but almost nobody interested at simply it just boring and not 'cool' to them? Let them know here!
Swing out sister or the kind of music that I always listen to. Much of the younger generation sings about how bad their day was, how rich they are blah blah. Poker face, joker-face.

While on the other hand am dancing happy in room, the rest of the neighbor youths are all griping at some irrationality.

Anyway I'm gonna go dance, here's a link if in case anybody wants to join my underrated interest.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qId56puBQ04

P.S. and oh I love Jamiroquai too, especially Canned Heat and Virtual Insanity. XD Woot for dance music! NOT HOUSE MUSIC!
BanishingBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 21:33   Link #8
qwertyuiopz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
Chess
I play chess since elementary school and loved to play with my grandfather...no I don't have a opponent anymore. A pity
i love chess :>
if there my school had a chess club i would so join LOLOLOLOLOL
what a nerd i am

by the way
funorb has a free online chess
just make an account
qwertyuiopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 21:59   Link #9
iLney

Alexis Weissenberg, one of greatest pianists ever. He should be up there with Richter.
iLney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 22:03   Link #10
Enso
Gentleman Troller
*Graphic Designer

Liking music made before 1999 unironically. I dunno, "kids" these days seem to be seriously lacking in respect for older music. I mean, sure, everybody goes through a phase where they love Hendrix and U2 and the Stones and it's great. But then they find some band/genre they really like and don't really branch out after that.

Hell, I've got a friend who plays lead guitar for a band, but doesn't even know who the Kinks are!

(Also, I suppose you could say the same about classical music.)

Furthermore, motorcycles under 650cc - and to a lesser extent, 1000cc - are underrated.
Enso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 22:34   Link #11
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
Chess
i love chess. i'm not good at it but, i'm getting there. you should join Chess.com. you can join for free and play lots of people online. it's not the same as having the pieces in your hand but, it's something if no one around you plays. i'm a part of it as well, we'll have a match.
Old 2009-07-02, 22:55   Link #12
Yotsuba
芸術は爆発だ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amex_Yohko View Post

Non-sexual concept of 'love'

I always annoyed when I talked about love, people often associate it with sex. Love isn't always equal sex, as if I love my mother or love to eat cheeseburgers as examples.
I agree about platonic love. I hate that the love I feel towards my friends and family is somehow cheapened. To me, it's just as strong as romantic love or sexual love... it's just DIFFERENT. I still get all hanyan~ though.

And to me, love is just... when you would die for that person. If you would, you definitely love them. Or if you would sacrifice your own happiness for theirs.

I also love Chess. Although I wouldn't die for it...
Yotsuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 23:00   Link #13
BanishingBook

^ - I agree with platonic love, I had a very strong bond with a friend before. He was male and no I am not gay. I also have a strong fondness for my female friends that always seems like an obsession, but I never went too far into romantically loving them, er each one.
Old 2009-07-02, 23:08   Link #14
Yotsuba
芸術は爆発だ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanishingBook View Post
^ - I agree with platonic love, I had a very strong bond with a friend before. He was male and no I am not gay. I also have a strong fondness for my female friends that always seems like an obsession, but I never went too far into romantically loving them, er each one.
I have the same problem. Maybe it's because I used to live in Japan, where girl friends are a lot closer physically... when I came to Canada, people would think I was a lesbian because I would hold hands with my friends, tell them I love them, etc. I don't think it's bad though. If that person ever died, you would feel bad for not letting them know how much they meant to you, right?
Yotsuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 23:38   Link #15
~Destiny~
Tra La Laaaa~

Send a message via MSN to ~Destiny~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotsuba View Post
I have the same problem. Maybe it's because I used to live in Japan, where girl friends are a lot closer physically... when I came to Canada, people would think I was a lesbian because I would hold hands with my friends, tell them I love them, etc. I don't think it's bad though. If that person ever died, you would feel bad for not letting them know how much they meant to you, right?
Yes I hate how in our western society people will jump the gun and call you gay/les just because you're close with someone

And badminton is under-rated imo
Old 2009-07-03, 00:06   Link #16
BanishingBook

I feel the same way, you can't blurt out all your feelings for them: be it triumph, sadness and even some anger to intentionally surprise them.

And, I can't even steal their attention because I might raise the jealousy of their boyfriends or girlfriends @ ___ @ It happens a lot. Uggh.

EDIT: And I think it got even worse, when yaoi became mainstream: I'm always curbing my dilly dally affection for my male friends. Sigh I miss getting an imaginary bat and whacking them with my infectious nonsense.
Old 2009-07-03, 00:08   Link #17
Raiga
tl;dr

Fingernails.

I'd like to see you survive without them.
Old 2009-07-03, 00:42   Link #18
~Destiny~
Tra La Laaaa~

Send a message via MSN to ~Destiny~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
Fingernails.

I'd like to see you survive without them.
I'd duck tape guitar picks onto my fingers
Old 2009-07-03, 09:28   Link #19
Thingle
Banned

Shortwave Radio.

I went to buy one and they just laughed at me.
Am I the only one interested in Dxing?
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 10:16   Link #20
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enso View Post

Furthermore, motorcycles under 650cc - and to a lesser extent, 1000cc - are underrated.
Hahah, come to India, 250cc is a big deal here.

What do I think is underrated? showering.
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote