Old 2006-10-10, 17:10   Link #121
stevency
To kill or be killed?!

Spoiler for episode 14:
stevency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 06:54   Link #122
Rin-Sama
Banned

Yeah I've been wondering whay the english subs are so far behind.....
Rin-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 14:43   Link #123
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I have come to the conclusion of why I like this series after ep 6 (the latest I've been able to catch) ... I probably alluded to it earlier... it makes me feel "nostalgic for things that never were" at least in my life.

However, I'm told that japanese neighborhoods really were/are like this. Everyone is just so *helpful* and generally kind, if not friendly.

My son works at a local Target part time and encountered a lost japanese little boy (about 3 spoke no english). He knows enough japanese to calm him and quickly found his mother who had just reached that stage of panic. Lots of bowing and gomen nasai/arigato with him daijobu/doitashimashite 'ing --- through her very bad english he kind of got that she had no idea that anyone in America was caring and watchful like at home in Japan.
Perceptions count more than reality as usual. In some ways, we *used* to be like that but it is more the exception than the norm now. It is really too bad the two countries don't leech more of the best from each other instead of the worst.

About ep 6: I thought her new friend was very chivalrous yet realistic (must not look must not... maybe a peek... oh... too late ... stare at comic, must not look up).
Old 2006-10-21, 15:55   Link #124
stevency
To kill or be killed?!

Man, that Neko Nyan Dance is a great denpa song for cat lolicons.

Will Choko and Yurika do the neko nyan dance afterwards?
stevency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-21, 16:00   Link #125
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Apparently some people aren't satisfied with the increase of lolicons from mahou shoujo shows and are using their ultimate weapon, outright loli assault
Old 2006-10-26, 17:23   Link #126
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I've neglected this series long enough, but now that the excitement of enjoying new shows in a brand new season has waned a bit for me, I've decided to caught up to the series. Locating the RAW was easy enough but downloading was hard since the seeding has become nominal for episodes that are weeks old. Anyway, have seen episode 13 and 14. Things have been toned down a lot in the drama department for these mentioned episode. The story focuses more on day to day event of Choco which in itself is quite relaxing. She meets a new friend in episode 13 and to my pleasant surprise the seiyuu for this new friend is none other than Rie Kugimiya herself. She is so perfect at adopting these kinds of spunky-loli role as we are so familiar from her other roles such as Shana and Louise.

Screencap for Episode 13: Choco meets a new spunky-loli friend who she calls as Ruri-pyon!

Screencap for Episode 14: Everyone is playing, singing, and performing the Neko-nyan-dance song. Hence, so does choco. Then there is distraction as Makoto-san wants to see the bra of Choco's new loli friend Ruri-pyon.

Will post the screen for episode 15 and 16 once they are finished downloading.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 18:15   Link #127
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

argggggggh..... (sigh) I now regret not grabbing the raws for this series since the subs seem stalled for now (I suppose midterm assaults are in progress).
Old 2006-10-30, 22:53   Link #128
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Hello everybody, I'm glad to see there's a liking to this series, I was worried that it might not be a cup of tea to others than myself

I'm in the middle of negotiations with spinal about tling Chocosis (I got slapped with another tl job lol), but for now, there's something I'd like to talk about. It's in my blog, titled " Megane! I'm a.....wait, I'm not a megane-con. I wear glasses too lol" and I take a look into episode 3. Something is not right about me these days...

And, don't go calling me Lolitron just because I watch this series! XD

Last edited by mangatron; 2006-10-31 at 14:21. Reason: Waai! It's hard wearing glasses in the rain, need windshield wipers XD
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 01:18   Link #129
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

If you can get it rolling that'd be great. I've said what I thought of the series in previous posts... basically a nice nostalgic tale.
Old 2006-10-31, 02:34   Link #130
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

<bump> I see they've released episode 7 .... talk about a flood of anime to try and snatch now (Lamune is kicking my bandwidth butt at the moment). Time to go hang out at the local college for a day or so.
Old 2006-10-31, 03:48   Link #131
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
basically a nice nostalgic tale.
LOL... "Onii-chan, what does *** ***** **** ***** **** **** ***** ***** mean?"

Choko is a devil's gift if you ask me
Old 2006-10-31, 13:37   Link #132
monir
cho~ kakkoii

One of the things that I like about this series is the consistency in overall animation. Then, there are episodes such as episode 15 where the animation is really good. I also am liking how Onichan isn't given much of a voice acting role in the past few episodes. The voice actor is terrible when it comes to push on the acting for the sake of drama.

Screencap for Episode 15: This is the obligated let's-go-to-pool episode where Choco goes to pool for the first time. We are also given a hint about what Makoto-san does for a living.

Screencap for Episode 16: Choco-chan goes to a matsuri (festival) where she holds hand with a boy. That might not be an entertaining moments for those of us who feel protective of our animated-lolis. Welcome to the thread loli-tr.. er.. I mean, Mangatron.

P.S. Note that Animesuki discourages any discussion about fansubbing production of any MFI production.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 22:47   Link #133
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Here's a little something that came with the first DVD.

Spoiler for Chocotto Sister DVD 1 Mini-poster:
That's basically the same art that's featured on the first DVD Box (which holds 4 discs). The other thing I wasn't expecting to get was a bonus DVD that includes... a sort of PV... featuring Choco's VA along with the ED's vocalist in neko-cosplay dancing to "Neko-Nyan Dance". The bonus DVD also includes a making-of video for the aforementioned PV, Chocotto Sister commercial spots, the creditless OP/ED, and footage from Media Factory's Summer Anime Festival where they interviewed the lead VAs live. The main DVD itself includes the first three episodes - 8 DVDs in total will cover the show's 24 episodes.

Just like the original manga, once you get past the "zOMG loli" factor, there's something about the atmosphere of this show that's nice and almost calming (even when things turn a bit dramatic - if that makes sense). Maybe the word "nostalgic" is the right one, though it feels a bit weird saying so. But yeah... it doesn't surprise me that this show doesn't get a lot of attention (the slice-of-life pacing alone would have done that), but I think it's a nice show.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-01, 02:44   Link #134
Zappster

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
One of the things that I like about this series is the consistency in overall animation. Then, there are episodes such as episode 15 where the animation is really good. I also am liking how Onichan isn't given much of a voice acting role in the past few episodes. The voice actor is terrible when it comes to push on the acting for the sake of drama.
I take it you mean it being consistently awful? Seriously, of the episodes I have seen(around 5 or 6), the animation has definitely not been it's strong point. I can't remember which episode it was, but there was one where I was scoffing at how bad it was throughout(might have been episode 5). Maybe it improves in later episodes but I'd have to say it couldn't get much worse. Still, animation isn't everything and I still watch the show(don't know if I should be hanging my head in shame right now or not)
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-01, 03:20   Link #135
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappster View Post
I take it you mean it being consistently awful? Seriously, of the episodes I have seen(around 5 or 6), the animation has definitely not been it's strong point. I can't remember which episode it was, but there was one where I was scoffing at how bad it was throughout(might have been episode 5). Maybe it improves in later episodes but I'd have to say it couldn't get much worse. Still, animation isn't everything and I still watch the show(don't know if I should be hanging my head in shame right now or not)
Well, do you mean art, animation, or character designs, though? monir will have to speak to what exactly he meant, but I assumed he meant that the characters tend to remain on-model and not vary widely in look/design/quality from episode to episode... and in that sense, I think he's probably right (at least, from what I've seen). It's obviously not a high-motion show, and doesn't have a huge budget, but it has a style (that looks a lot like the manga) and sticks to it, so that works for me at least. You have other shows with similarly low budgets that can't seem to have their characters look the same from one scene to the next.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-01, 12:28   Link #136
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'd have to say its *drawn* well ... but the animation is clearly lower budget. I'm a fan of petopetosan which was also animated in low budget and frankly was drawn a little less well though the story was pretty nice.
Being off-model is much worse imo than animation fluidity. Heck, even KyoAni has its limited animation moments (watch episode 4 while Nayuki is running track with her teammates).
Old 2006-11-01, 12:41   Link #137
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

A consistent animation probably means that there's a certain way the designers are animating and that way is the same most of the time (no character disproportions, facial expressions that can't be attributed to chibi or silly forms, no degradation in coloring, etc etc). If you want to see INCONSISTENT animation, Soul Link ep 8 (or Shuffle ep 24, second half) is what you must watch. The animation inconsistency there is horrifying.
Old 2006-11-01, 12:51   Link #138
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

... or about 50% of any episode in Ichigo 100%'s television run ... it was often difficult to tell who was onscreen. (the OVAs were animated better but then the plot went even further downhill so meh)
Old 2006-11-01, 12:56   Link #139
Zappster

Haha I think my memory is going Yes... that's my excuse

I just had a quick flick through an episode and yeah it was definitely on model for the most part and certainly wasn't as bad as I remembered it. It's been at least two months since I saw it though, so yeah fading memory... that's my excuse. As for the Peto Peto-san thing I always thought that was drawn rather well but again it's been at least a year since I saw an episode(which reminds me that I must finish the show off sometime) and falling back on my memory(which doesn't seem to be a good thing) I would have put it above Chocosis in that regard. I think it was the table scenes that I really remembered, particularly those in ep 5(?). I'm going to have to investigate further when I get the time/if I can be bothered.

edit: christ, I missed out the n't from "wasn't", which is why I was a bit puzzled by some of the responses as having checked an episode again, I was agreeing with you guys. Amazing how such a small typo can change the whole thing.

Last edited by Zappster; 2006-11-02 at 19:07. Reason: stupid stupid me
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-01, 13:01   Link #140
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

What's wrong with Chocosis? Choco, Manager and whatstheothergirlsname are pretty decently drawn. Onii-chan, the flower girl and her fiance must have seen better days, but they're in the style of the general animation. Especially, Choco's character is the most appealing one design-wise (or I just like lolis )

Tags
comedy, drama, ecchi, nomad, romance, seinen, slice of life