AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-10-31, 00:02   Link #101
Nihgthawk

According to the Royalroadl website they will NOT be translating anymore of LMS but will be translating the authors new work Dawn Traveler. They state that they did not recive permison to translate vol 21+ from the author but did get information that the series will hopefully be released in English over Amazon within two years.

AKA Jawz translation site is the only one translating LMS and will be the only one to do so with in the foreseeable future and while I hope that the series will be released officially in English two years is a long time and a lot can happen in that time frame so I am not holding my breath on that out come.
Nihgthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-31, 01:03   Link #102
iLikePotatoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihgthawk View Post
According to the Royalroadl website they will NOT be translating anymore of LMS but will be translating the authors new work Dawn Traveler. They state that they did not recive permison to translate vol 21+ from the author but did get information that the series will hopefully be released in English over Amazon within two years.

AKA Jawz translation site is the only one translating LMS and will be the only one to do so with in the foreseeable future and while I hope that the series will be released officially in English two years is a long time and a lot can happen in that time frame so I am not holding my breath on that out come.
Where did you read that? Their Facebook says that they have not stopped translating it...
iLikePotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-31, 06:34   Link #103
Nihgthawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLikePotatoes View Post
Where did you read that? Their Facebook says that they have not stopped translating it...
On the front page of the site one of the new post is called Happy Birthday Royalroadl, I read it on page six.
Nihgthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-02, 20:28   Link #104
Daiyin

Yah i also saw that page that indicate that they wont continue...

But i found a site that are trying to push forth from vol 21+... They are looking for more translator so if any one want to help should contact them ....
http://jawztranslations.blogspot.ca/...in-bottle.html
Daiyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-03, 02:40   Link #105
iLikePotatoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daiyin View Post
Yah i also saw that page that indicate that they wont continue...

But i found a site that are trying to push forth from vol 21+... They are looking for more translator so if any one want to help should contact them ....
http://jawztranslations.blogspot.ca/...in-bottle.html
Yeah it's awesome that he's translating it. I think they found more translators.

Also just to note that on this website there is a pretty awesome story written by the owner of the website. I'm not sure if you can call it a fan fiction, but it does take some elements from LMS and Ark but it seems like its a different world all together.

I highly recommend it.

It's called Zectas.
iLikePotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-05, 05:13   Link #106
Daryl
Foliant

A question for those who've read the series further than 10 volumes (since I'm currently around vol 9). I accidentally read someone's comments who doesn't put any spoiler that
Spoiler for spoiler:

When I read that I was like "wait, wut? DAT WEED?
I regretted reading that but still, I got really curious as to how it could happen but I just wanna ask a few things:
Spoiler for questions:

EDIT: Read the first spoiler at your own risk, I don't know in which part of the volume that happened.
Old 2014-11-05, 08:54   Link #107
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:

When I read that I was like "wait, wut? DAT WEED?
'Tis true. It took a long while but it did happen. I've only read the summaries from RoyalRoadl.com from a while back though (Last time I checked it was up to v44).

Spoiler for MoreSpoilers! A lot of stuff happened like::

---

For the record, for me, I've always visualized Seoyoon looking like this (And yes, those are artwoks):

Spoiler for Seoyoon:

So yeah, I would say "a beauty that takes your breath away" really fits well.
Old 2014-11-05, 09:34   Link #108
bakato

Looks like they're planning on trying to publish this in english again with better illustrations.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 03:36   Link #109
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Yeah. Too bad this series is huge. I mean that it will take a decade before we even get on the current translated volume...which is halfway through. >_>

So the published version might be cancelled if it even catches up to the Korean original in 20 years...

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 03:59   Link #110
Ugoki

Quote:
Grew to know more about his greedy side, but lets it slide since she sees how it's justified at times
- The creator of the game actually grew fond of Weed. Even helped them on their little "date" (in the real world) by using his powerful AI creation to set the mood. Really. Seriously.
The Gary Stu ride never ends.
Ugoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 11:16   Link #111
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

That term has been used so much to the point that it doesn't even have meaning anymore other than "characters I don't like" ~_~

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-07, 05:04   Link #112
Daryl
Foliant

Sorry for the late reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rue View Post
'Tis true. It took a long while but it did happen. I've only read the summaries from RoyalRoadl.com from a while back though (Last time I checked it was up to v44).

Spoiler for MoreSpoilers! A lot of stuff happened like::
Oh, lol that's awesome, but from your reply, I'm guessing that happens in volume 20++ which are still not translated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rue View Post
For the record, for me, I've always visualized Seoyoon looking like this (And yes, those are artwoks):

Spoiler for Seoyoon:

So yeah, I would say "a beauty that takes your breath away" really fits well.
I can swear that I've seen this girl somewhere.... anyway, is this an official artwork of Seoyoon?

Thx a lot for the answers.
Old 2014-11-07, 05:09   Link #113
travelingbum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl View Post
Sorry for the late reply.

Oh, lol that's awesome, but from your reply, I'm guessing that happens in volume 20++ which are still not translated?

I can swear that I've seen this girl somewhere.... anyway, is this an official artwork of Seoyoon?

Thx a lot for the answers.
there be summaries all over the place there.

no.
travelingbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-07, 21:35   Link #114
Infinite Universe

Quick Question

What Volume and Chapter does he go with his peers to an island and do survival training there? Wanna reread that chapter PLZ TELL ME

Last edited by Infinite Universe; 2014-11-08 at 00:03.
Infinite Universe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-07, 23:54   Link #115
SinsI

I always wonder - why don't he just craft a raid-worth or at least a party-worth troop of various living statues and just let them farm XP, gold and items for him - similar to the way Binryoung does? After that his own combat abilities or level will be completely irrelevant, since there will always be a whole bodyguard unit to protect him. This way he can completely concentrate on improving his crafting skills, and huge influx of materials from those statues will ensure rapid growth...
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-07, 23:59   Link #116
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
I always wonder - why don't he just craft a raid-worth or at least a party-worth troop of various living statues and just let them farm XP, gold and items for him - similar to the way Binryoung does? After that his own combat abilities or level will be completely irrelevant, since there will always be a whole bodyguard unit to protect him. This way he can completely concentrate on improving his crafting skills, and huge influx of materials from those statues will ensure rapid growth...
He doesn't get exp from his sculptures kills and don't forget he's gotta invest his own levels proportional to the strength of the sculpture he brings to life. The most important factor is just because he's the creator doesn't always grant loyalty.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-08, 00:29   Link #117
SinsI

That's only 1-2 levels per statue. He can easily afford to craft a dozen statues.

He can earn XP from quests that the party would do, so no exp is not a problem.
Lack of loyalty is the only possible reason it can fail, but it seems that his physical presence is able to successfully control even the lazy wyverns, so all he really have to do is to periodically check on its progress - which should not be a problem as he will be doing it anyway by getting the loot they gathered.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-08, 01:42   Link #118
Sarka

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
He doesn't get exp from his sculptures kills and don't forget he's gotta invest his own levels proportional to the strength of the sculpture he brings to life. The most important factor is just because he's the creator doesn't always grant loyalty.
What are you talking about? He got absolute loyalty from the sculptors he gave life to.

To be honest, I'm suprise he still haven't create a living armor set yet. I mean after the living wings, he should have figure out that he can actually give live to items sculptors.
Sarka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-08, 07:54   Link #119
yuzen003

He received a vision about Geihar Von Arpen when he fixed the emperor's seal so he has the information that building a statue army would help him conquer and maintain an empire. On the other hand if his statues are going around clearing monsters and obliterating enemy armies Weed is not really going to be fighting and his television contracts go away.

At this point Weed is looking at Royal Road as a source of income not as a game, so why put resources into something that is going to decrease his income.
yuzen003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-08, 07:58   Link #120
Amanomurakumo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarka View Post
What are you talking about? He got absolute loyalty from the sculptors he gave life to.

To be honest, I'm suprise he still haven't create a living armor set yet. I mean after the living wings, he should have figure out that he can actually give live to items sculptors.
Sculpture not Sculptor.
Amanomurakumo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
korean novel