AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-07-01, 13:59   Link #1
aahhsin

Saddam's Trial

Just reading up on the news today, it's rather funny. Anyone here think he's actually going to get out of this alive? He is so far not recieving a fair trial hence he is lawyer less.

After reading the articles though, I realized this guy is actually a pretty smart guy, he uses a lot of scarcasm and to me it seems as if he's actually winning right now.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-01, 14:07   Link #2
Cammie
Smooth and Curvy...

I would like to believe that he'll get the death sentence. Or let the people bash him.

What article were you reading that made you think he was winning? Can you provide us a link please?...
Cammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-01, 14:10   Link #3
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

of course they are going to kill him. The trial is only so we can feel good about it. (Not that I opposing killing him or anything). Like milosovic and other dictators who have been put on trial he'll go into a lot of nonsense etc. Imho if they were going to kill him they should have dropped a nade down the hole he was in and be done with it.
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-01, 14:17   Link #4
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammie
I would like to believe that he'll get the death sentence. Or let the people bash him.

What article were you reading that made you think he was winning? Can you provide us a link please?...
Not one particular article. I read a bunch of em ranging from CNN to Yahoo's news front. The perception I got is that currently Saddam is running the trial or so to speak. He seems in control of what's going on in there. Remember this is like the first day, I can't draw any conclusions, but it so far it seems as if Saddam is beating the prosecution
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-01, 14:34   Link #5
Inn3rchild
Child Forever

Send a message via ICQ to Inn3rchild Send a message via AIM to Inn3rchild Send a message via MSN to Inn3rchild Send a message via Yahoo to Inn3rchild
hes gonna get the death penalty 100%. Beleive me, he is so not winning.
Inn3rchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-01, 17:59   Link #6
LilleNisse

Hes gona get death at 110%. And If you ask me, he deservs it.
I just think it was so d*** bad of him to tell hes countrymen to die when the war was offecialy stil on. And when they cought him he shod of commited suecide to show the world and hes followers that he was seriuse. As it looks now, he have been sending out people to die for him and not even willingly to kill himself? If he would of taken hes life he would be a saint to the fanatics, but as it looks right now, I think there pretty pissed... So if he somone dont get death sentence, Il give him a week or two
LilleNisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-01, 18:18   Link #7
RichMan
????

I wonder what his punishment will be.. I'm sure he's going to lose and that he'll die, but how? rot in prison for the rest of his terrible life, lethal injection, electric chair(I think in some states they still do this, "I think")?
RichMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-01, 19:09   Link #8
LilleNisse

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMan
I wonder what his punishment will be.. I'm sure he's going to lose and that he'll die, but how? rot in prison for the rest of his terrible life, lethal injection, electric chair(I think in some states they still do this, "I think")?
I think it whil be lethal injection. If he gets to chose I think he whil chose lethal injection also.
But I would want him to rot in prison, an american prison, with MENY american prisoners. And if anything would happen to him there, I want him patched up, then put back in there.
Thats just a dream wish

Isnt hanging stil a option in some states even?
LilleNisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-01, 19:50   Link #9
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
To Save Bush and the CIA, Saddam has to be sacrified for the CIA, so the american people can feel at ease about all the lies that the so called U.S presidency created

-They didnt find weapons of mass destruction
-there was not terrorism
-and al kaida was or still is financed by the CIA

a country was invaded and no one did nothing hhe dont you find it funny ?!
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-01, 19:52   Link #10
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
To Save Bush and the CIA, Saddam has to be sacrified for the CIA, so the american people can feel at ease about all the lies that the so called U.S presidency created

-there was not terrorism

Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-01, 20:05   Link #11
Dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamano667

-there was not terrorism

besides doubling posting... have ever tried to use something called google?... cuz you find a lot of info/news that you wouldn't on the big three networks... tho, to you Saddam is a just man since he liked killing his own people just for the fun of it... eh... if that works for good...
Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-01, 21:23   Link #12
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
There's no way in hell he's going to win this case, but if he does, people will find some way to blame Bush for it.

Whoops! Did I just say that out loud? Now seriously, he will lose. It's cut and dry he will get sent to the clink/slammer/pokey/big house/:insert other slang word/words for jail:. He's dictated and killed people for so many years, and he's not going to get away with it now. Wave good-bye to outside world, Saddam. Bye bye outside world.
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-01, 21:27   Link #13
TronDD
Team the box!

I think your location is far closer to fantasy than reality.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-02, 23:06   Link #14
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

I think it's rather admirable that he would be so defiant with his honor, but he should still be severely punished for what he did. I don't agree with a death sentence, though. They should just make him stay in that hole we found him in for the rest of his life. The effect could even be doubled by feeding him pork for all of his meals.

Last edited by boneyjellyfish; 2004-07-02 at 23:49.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-03, 05:19   Link #15
Serendipity

Send a message via ICQ to Serendipity Send a message via AIM to Serendipity Send a message via MSN to Serendipity
He did many cruel and terrible things. However, I still think he is entitled to a fair and just trial... even though I hate him...
Serendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-03, 10:49   Link #16
chuckert
Registered Abuser

Send a message via AIM to chuckert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamano667

-there was not terrorism

This is where I disagree with you. For one, the US did find some sarin nerve agent inside Iraq, even though it was a small amount, it was still there. So I don't even want to hear that we didn't find any weapons of mass destruction because we did. And I do believe Saddam had more. As to where he may have hidden them, have no clue. There are many possibilities. Could check Syria, might find some answers there, but that would be going way overboard now wouldn't it?

As for terrorism, you got to be kidding me if you think there was absolutely no terrorism that went on in Iraq for the whole time Saddam was in power. He gassed his own people, I say that is institutional terrorism if you ask me. Not to mention all the beatings and torturing, it goes on and on.

Sure, I might agree with you that we may have funded Al Qaida in the past during the war in Afghanistan against the Soviets. Made sense, we didn't like the Soviets, so we helped the other side. But if you think the CIA is still funding Al Qaida as we speak, I'd be more than happy for you to post some evidence showing that we still are, so you can persuade me to agree with you whole heartedly on that.
chuckert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-03, 12:50   Link #17
chuckert
Registered Abuser

Send a message via AIM to chuckert
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
Just to clarify, that artillery round of sarin gas was most likely a dud that was misfired either during the Gulf War or the Iran-Iraq war. However, it DID manage to give two people minor chemical imbalances. In that case, it could be classified as a WMD - weapon of minimal destruction.
True, it's a high possibility that's where it came from. My point is he had weapons of mass destruction. Yeah, we may have given them to him which was the stupidest thing in my opinion. He had them and he used it against his own people, which is terrorism. Those Kurds didn't deserve to die, most were innocent people. You say weapon on minimal destruction, ok alot of folks may agree with you since it was a small amount. But regardless, any chemical weapon is labled as a weapon of mass destruction. Just get enough of it and see the results, as we saw with those Kurds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
I think he was talking about a more indirect help. Our country pays the Saudis (bin Laden family too) a lot of money for oil and other things. Osama bin Laden is in al Qaeda. Osama bin Laden may or may not receive money from his family, who receives money from the USA. I don't know if they still give him our money, but he was trained and paid a lot when the CIA wanted him to get the soviets.
Exactly, which that was in the past. As for the present, who knows. It's hard to extract the truth, and the truth hurts sometimes. For Osama, I don't think it would be hard for him to get money anyway even if he gets ahold of it from us indirectly. The man has a large majority of the Arab world supporting him. He can easily get ahold of money with that much support.
chuckert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-03, 12:59   Link #18
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Saddam will be fairly hanged after a fair trial.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-03, 13:38   Link #19
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckert
This is where I disagree with you. For one, the US did find some sarin nerve agent inside Iraq, even though it was a small amount, it was still there. So I don't even want to hear that we didn't find any weapons of mass destruction because we did. And I do believe Saddam had more. As to where he may have hidden them, have no clue. There are many possibilities. Could check Syria, might find some answers there, but that would be going way overboard now wouldn't it?
Just to clarify, that artillery round of sarin gas was most likely a dud that was misfired either during the Gulf War or the Iran-Iraq war. However, it DID manage to give two people minor chemical imbalances. In that case, it could be classified as a WMD - weapon of minimal destruction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckert
Sure, I might agree with you that we may have funded Al Qaida in the past during the war in Afghanistan against the Soviets. Made sense, we didn't like the Soviets, so we helped the other side. But if you think the CIA is still funding Al Qaida as we speak, I'd be more than happy for you to post some evidence showing that we still are, so you can persuade me to agree with you whole heartedly on that.
I think he was talking about a more indirect help. Our country pays the Saudis (bin Laden family too) a lot of money for oil and other things. Osama bin Laden is in al Qaeda. Osama bin Laden may or may not receive money from his family, who receives money from the USA. I don't know if they still give him our money, but he was trained and paid a lot when the CIA wanted him to get the soviets.

Last edited by boneyjellyfish; 2004-07-03 at 13:49.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-03, 17:43   Link #20
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Completely irreverrent so my apologies:

"Saddam Hussein has been told he will face the death penalty, however its ok he has asked David Beckham to take it!"

Just one of the bad taste jokes going around here.......
tsurumaru is offline   Reply With Quote