Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-10-08, 18:49   Link #21
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantidor
Mr_Paper arrested!? O_o! omg! that was certainly unexpected...

*scared by Mr_Paper*
It would seem walking to the convience store, that just happens to entale walking past a senior's center, while dressed as death is socially frowned on. Personally, I'm suprised they even noticed me. Walking down a dark street in a dark black cloak while wearing wool socks over my shoes so I didn't make any noise as I walked, I needed to congratulate the one that spotted me.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 22:16   Link #22
AG3
Inactive ex-WoW addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
[...] I needed to congratulate the one that spotted me.
Which basically means "find out who snitched on me and make the bastard pay dearly with his own blood".

As for me, Halloween isn't celebrated in Norway. Or rather, it WASN'T, until two or three years ago, when it was "imported" here, probably by the same bastard that got us Valentine's Day a couple of years earlier. Now we have kids constantly ringing the damn doorbell all the night, asking for candy from people who don't give a damn about the American custom of giving candy to a kid dressed up like a freak, or even know when Halloween is.

*Sigh* such a cynical and bitter man I have become in my old age...
Old 2004-10-09, 09:39   Link #23
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

I'm already planning my costume for next year. I'm going to go dressed as Black Jack, the Uber doctor. Now that plan may change, but I think it'd rock if I could figure out how to pull off that cosplay.

Heck, I might even get my little neice to dress up as Pinoco.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 10:50   Link #24
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG3
Which basically means "find out who snitched on me and make the bastard pay dearly with his own blood".

As for me, Halloween isn't celebrated in Norway. Or rather, it WASN'T, until two or three years ago, when it was "imported" here, probably by the same bastard that got us Valentine's Day a couple of years earlier. Now we have kids constantly ringing the damn doorbell all the night, asking for candy from people who don't give a damn about the American custom of giving candy to a kid dressed up like a freak, or even know when Halloween is.

*Sigh* such a cynical and bitter man I have become in my old age...
Same here, no one even knew about halloween untill a couple of years ago a bunch of stores banded together and threw out all this halloween stuff.
In any case it isn't popular around here, perhaps because we allready have a dress-up event called carnival, which is VERY popular .
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 11:05   Link #25
bubblehead

Send a message via Yahoo to bubblehead
Wow and stuffs. I guess it's more of an American holiday than anywhere else, or something.

...I probably won't dress up this year unless I have a great, (relatively) easy idea soon... last year I just wore my Fanime '03 cosplay outfit... a couple of people actually recognized the character... but this year I don't have a (relatively) new cosplay outfit to fall back on, plus I'm lazy and not very good at sewing. I wouldn't trick or treat anyway, but I could enter the costume contest at school (I think it either coincides with, or is the week before, homecoming). Last year, the Justice League group won scariest costumes. Which is just sad, because even Batman isn't that scary.

Halloween is fun, at least as a kid, and at least if you've grown up with it. Though I do get tired of seeing so many kids with the exact same store-bought superhero or spook costume.

If I could figure out an easy way to do it (other than normal clothes) I'd be Kai from Airmaster. I may still do that for Fanime in May.
bubblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 11:42   Link #26
krel
^_^

Send a message via MSN to krel
This is a real Thriller.
krel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 14:14   Link #27
Bun-kun
Liberal Screamer

Send a message via AIM to Bun-kun
I'm goin to be Pitpat, the non threathening, pansexual spokes thing. If you watch Mr. Show with David Cross and Bob Oldenkirk you'll know what I'm talking about!

"Take it from me, I love you"~<3
Bun-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 17:17   Link #28
TheLaughingMan
Nee-san is...

Send a message via AIM to TheLaughingMan
Quote:
It would seem walking to the convience store, that just happens to entale walking past a senior's center, while dressed as death is socially frowned on. Personally, I'm suprised they even noticed me. Walking down a dark street in a dark black cloak while wearing wool socks over my shoes so I didn't make any noise as I walked, I needed to congratulate the one that spotted me.
Well, at least you didn't go IN the senior's center, "I have come for youuuuuu!". For some reason on Halloween I just stay and home and do insanely dull things, like watch a movie or play a game. Though one year I watched Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust.
TheLaughingMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 17:31   Link #29
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!

Send a message via AIM to MidoriShinobi Send a message via MSN to MidoriShinobi
You guys are funny! I just always liked Etna's costume. Her boots are so neat~!

Spoiler for Is it too revealing?:
MidoriShinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 17:50   Link #30
Serendipity

Send a message via ICQ to Serendipity Send a message via AIM to Serendipity Send a message via MSN to Serendipity
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidoriShinobi

No, I think that will look really good!!

I am going to go in my Japanese schoolgirl out fit!!
Serendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 18:15   Link #31
TheLaughingMan
Nee-san is...

Send a message via AIM to TheLaughingMan
Quote:

You are asking a forum full of anime fans if something is too revealing?! Perish the thought.
TheLaughingMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 18:58   Link #32
Thelastguardian

What else

Same as last year. I am going to take a black robe, jump into my car, and slowly stalk those little girl kiddies they go through the houses once by once. i will watch. I will wait. I will wish for forgiveness to whatever god for the thing I am about to do. And when, the moment come when they are alone, I will take the chance. Creeping out of my car, I release the evilness that reside inside me from the second I relize the existant of this world. I start approching the victum from behind silently. I will place one hand behind their back without touching them, then work toward their shoulder, then ...hehehe

get the free candies and run.

Ok no more wild dream

Anyway if I am lucky, no relative or friend of mine will visit me with their little devils. Because if that happens, usually those little monsters (literally) will bug me to go trick-or-treat with them, while all I wanted to do was sit on my chair to use my computer.

Last edited by Thelastguardian; 2004-10-09 at 19:13.
Thelastguardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 19:02   Link #33
Darkest Days
lol internet

Send a message via AIM to Darkest Days
I'm going out as Ordinary Man. Unoriginal, right? Well there's a twist: I'll have the extraordinary power to hit on the MILFs that come to my door with their bastard demon children.

I win it, whatever "it" is.
Darkest Days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 19:13   Link #34
MikoKikyo

Quote:
No, not at all. All you'll be revealing is your ass, your thighs, your lower and upper back, your upper chest, your shoulders, your entire belly area and of course, your arms.

BTW, I didn't know they celebrated Halloween in Japan o_O

Humm it's only the 9th, so I have no clue what how I'll dress up for Halloween, if indeed I dress up at all.
MikoKikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 19:17   Link #35
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!

Send a message via AIM to MidoriShinobi Send a message via MSN to MidoriShinobi
We don't. I'm in Canada right now, though. I'm just lazy to change location.
and you mean "upper arms".. the position she's in makes it seem worse.
My ass wouldn't be showing. Why do you hate me? What did I ever do? ;_;
MidoriShinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 19:25   Link #36
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
im too old. to do dis.
actually i wanted to do it if someone else i know do.
but they are not, even though they are ONLY sophmores. damn, they think they're so mature. im not "mature" so i want to participate in halloween.
and etna's cloth are a bit too much revealing if non-anime (or non-gamer)
watcher saw it. i personally wanted to try cosplay.... i hope i lived in japan or korea where there are more fellow otakus.
sOnJoOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 19:45   Link #37
MikoKikyo

Quote:
We don't. I'm in Canada right now, though. I'm just lazy to change location.
and you mean "upper arms".. the position she's in makes it seem worse.
My ass wouldn't be showing. Why do you hate me? What did I ever do? ;_;
Lol I don't hate you. Two years ago in my school, a girl dressed up as Sailor Pluto for Halloween, with the exact same Sailor outfit. Even though she was really pretty (she graduated already), I remember everyone being horrified at how tiny the skirt was. I'm just surprised that you even have to ask, seems pretty darn revealing to me. But it's cute, and if you want to, I say go for it...
MikoKikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 23:51   Link #38
Dev Gun
The Yokohama Killer!

Send a message via AIM to Dev Gun
My buddies and I are dressing up as Konoha Jounins!!! and probably just sitting around playing Naruto 2. heheheheheeee JOUNIN POWER !
but dont mistake us as cosplayers.
Dev Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 00:28   Link #39
StoneColdCrazy
Noumenon

Send a message via ICQ to StoneColdCrazy Send a message via MSN to StoneColdCrazy
Quote:
I imagine at least a few of them might've wondered if it was cosplay or the real thing...

SCC
StoneColdCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 00:32   Link #40
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriestessKikyo
Lol I don't hate you. Two years ago in my school, a girl dressed up as Sailor Pluto for Halloween, with the exact same Sailor outfit. Even though she was really pretty (she graduated already), I remember everyone being horrified at how tiny the skirt was. I'm just surprised that you even have to ask, seems pretty darn revealing to me. But it's cute, and if you want to, I say go for it...
you reminded me of something that happened in my school......
sOnJoOL .. Story Mode - On
last halloween, there were many people wearing costume to school.
but these 4 girls wore the fishnet stocking for their legs, and pants short enough
to be able to see their butt-cheeks. and some of them wore cat-ears and some of them had bunny ears. it was quite a sight to see everyone look at them when they passed by..... for a short time. the teachers caught them force them into proper clothing. my other friends were dissapointed that they didnt get to see it, but i did.
-_-;;; .... ha.....hahaha......
sOnJoOL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
halloween