AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-09-02, 01:54   Link #1
Phantom Blade

gain height?

i was wondering if there was any good excercises, food, drinks, martial arts, and etc that helps u gain a lot of height. Also, wat to avoid.
push genetics aside... my mom's side is all tall and my dad side is short. (for several generations on both sides)
Phantom Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 02:11   Link #2
xargon

yoga, nuff said.
xargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 02:15   Link #3
phoenixfire92983

Send a message via ICQ to phoenixfire92983 Send a message via AIM to phoenixfire92983 Send a message via MSN to phoenixfire92983
So you want to get taller? It might help if we knew how tall you were right now. There's really no magic recipe to growing taller except drink lots of milk I mean, it really does just come down to genetics. Getting extra calcium from milk and other dairy products might help a bit. But unless your unhealthily short *like midget size* for your age *in which case you could take growth hormones*, there's really nothing else to do. Just excersize and eat right, and you'll be ok
phoenixfire92983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 02:26   Link #4
Phantom Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixfire92983
So you want to get taller? It might help if we knew how tall you were right now. There's really no magic recipe to growing taller except drink lots of milk I mean, it really does just come down to genetics. Getting extra calcium from milk and other dairy products might help a bit. But unless your unhealthily short *like midget size* for your age *in which case you could take growth hormones*, there's really nothing else to do. Just excersize and eat right, and you'll be ok
im 5'5'' 17 yrs old.

the question was which excercises and wat kind of food. lots of protein? carb?
im hoping to get 4 inches in the next yr. but i wouldnt mind if it took until i was 21.
Old 2004-09-02, 05:02   Link #5
junko
model bliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Blade
im 5'5'' 17 yrs old.

the question was which excercises and wat kind of food. lots of protein? carb?
im hoping to get 4 inches in the next yr. but i wouldnt mind if it took until i was 21.
Male or female?
junko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 10:20   Link #6
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

I have never heard of any foods or exercises that make you grow taller. However, you can take HGH medication (human growth horomone). I think that you can't take that until you are older though, because you are still young and have the potential to grown naturally. I'm not sure about that though so don't quote me on that. I know how you feel because I was pretty short around that same time, but I grew up (I'm 5'9" now, which is plenty tall for me). And being short isn't necessarily a bad thing either. I know a guy from last semester who was about 5'5" or 5'6" and he's getting married in a few weeks. So there
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 11:18   Link #7
Phantom Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
I know a guy from last semester who was about 5'5" or 5'6" and he's getting married in a few weeks. So there
thats not wat im afraid of. I just feel weird being so short.

male.
Old 2004-09-02, 11:44   Link #8
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
I'm sorry, but your hight usually depends on your genetic matieral. The only medicine I know that can increase your hight is for the below average hight and that would have to be by at least 4 to 6+ inches, but I see Roots explain the useage of the drug, but forgot to meantion that even kids can use it but the have to be around 10 to 13 years or older.

As for you you're almost done growing and I don't think you're going to have a growth spurt anytime soon. You only have a few more years and you stop growing before 21. The avergae age people usually stop growing is around 18 or 19 (18 for most males.)

I'm sorry if I sound cruel, but I don't think you can do much about it I'm afraid.
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 12:02   Link #9
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Hmm I wouldn't recommend HGH at your age as there is the possibility of acromegaly rather than the results you are hoping for. (BTW I'm getting huge Deja Vu from this thread, try the search function if you are really curious).

If you are exceptionally rich there have been a few cases where people have had there tibia or femur bones severed, a short gap left between the ends of the bones, and a huge concoction of screws and metal rods keeping the upper and lower legs in place whilst new bone grows in the gap that has been left. However I dont think this is a cosmetic option (I could be wrong).
tsurumaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 12:52   Link #10
Bracken33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
I have never heard of any foods or exercises that make you grow taller. However, you can take HGH medication (human growth horomone). I think that you can't take that until you are older though, because you are still young and have the potential to grown naturally. I'm not sure about that though so don't quote me on that. I know how you feel because I was pretty short around that same time, but I grew up (I'm 5'9" now, which is plenty tall for me). And being short isn't necessarily a bad thing either. I know a guy from last semester who was about 5'5" or 5'6" and he's getting married in a few weeks. So there
Hormones are probably the best if you want to gain a lot of heigh.

But some foods should make you taller too. A common theory why the younger generations grow taller is that their nourishment has changed.
Not only that they eat more but different things.

Aren´t the young Japanese also growing taller then their parents because they eat more western food?
Not sure, perhaps we have an expert.
Bracken33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 13:12   Link #11
Phantom Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer_2mb
I'm sorry, but your hight usually depends on your genetic matieral. The only medicine I know that can increase your hight is for the below average hight and that would have to be by at least 4 to 6+ inches, but I see Roots explain the useage of the drug, but forgot to meantion that even kids can use it but the have to be around 10 to 13 years or older.

As for you you're almost done growing and I don't think you're going to have a growth spurt anytime soon. You only have a few more years and you stop growing before 21. The avergae age people usually stop growing is around 18 or 19 (18 for most males.)

I'm sorry if I sound cruel, but I don't think you can do much about it I'm afraid.
my health class in 9th grade said that most males grow till their 21. but like VERY little, i mean shaq grew an inch recently.

one of my friends was shorter than his younger sister (3 yrs apart) until like he was in high school, but now he's above 6ft. I forgot what age he started growing like that tho. It was during high school tho.

i dont think ill be using drugs, im also guessing there is no horomones avaliable without subscriptions
Old 2004-09-02, 13:15   Link #12
Thyrz
Laidback Luke

Think you should wait it out first off, cause I also grew massively within a year.

You're young, you have time.
Old 2004-09-02, 16:18   Link #13
ShadowX114
is my nickname

Phantom Blade, my old thread could help you out.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=3266

I'm still short, my friends are growing even more. I really hate it. My cousin who was a bit shorter than me is now taller than me. What is hurtful also is when my friends talk about it because I look like a midget when we are in a group because I'm the shortest one. A week ago, I saw a friend that I didn't see for a long time. He told me: Man, you have changed but your still short but I was > Also, last time I was walking when I saw a guy who kinda had my height, when I saw him from a bit far, I was like, man he is short but when I came next to him, he was taller than for a little bit. That made me really depressed. Now, I really want to buy HGH the medication because drinking milk didn't help. I drank and im still drinking a lot of milk but its not helping me. But I'm sure my mother won't accept buying me the medicine. Because she will say that I have to eat healthy full,... I'm 17 years old and I'm 5'4''
Btw, boys stop growing on 21-22 and girls on 18
ShadowX114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 17:02   Link #14
Grona
Big Damit!

err, well if your not willing to take hardcore steroids or basicly dislocate your bones though being strecthed there is little chance of 4 inches in one year ^^'

Of course you could always take that penis enlarging stuff and use it all over, they promise a gain of "inches"
Grona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 18:31   Link #15
RichMan
????

Good posture can help.

No slouching!! *hits you in the shoulder with a wooden sword*
RichMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 22:12   Link #16
Scrumhalf
Ed & Winry? :O

Send a message via MSN to Scrumhalf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grona
err, well if your not willing to take hardcore steroids or basicly dislocate your bones though being strecthed there is little chance of 4 inches in one year ^^'

Of course you could always take that penis enlarging stuff and use it all over, they promise a gain of "inches"
Gold.

Scrumhalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 01:12   Link #17
HoboGod
Necromancer

the best trick isn't exersizing... it is torture. in africa, there is a tribe of women who add rings around thier necks to help them grow longer, the rings actually stretch the neck muscles and the bone, every year, more rings are added. These women have freakishly long necks because of it. But unfortunatly, they started doing this from a very young age, you only have a few years of natural growing left.

my suggestion is using a torture rack of some sort to unnaturally stretch your legs over the next few years.
HoboGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 16:35   Link #18
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboGod
the best trick isn't exersizing... it is torture. in africa, there is a tribe of women who add rings around thier necks to help them grow longer, the rings actually stretch the neck muscles and the bone, every year, more rings are added. These women have freakishly long necks because of it. But unfortunatly, they started doing this from a very young age, you only have a few years of natural growing left.
Umm, no. These rings do not cause the neck to grow longer. They apply pressure on your shoulder bones and muscles which causes them to give in and deform (they get pressed down). Since the shoulders and the area is further down than it normally is, the neck looks longer when in fact it isn't.

-----
Phantom Blade, you cannot grow larger than your genes permit (if I remember correctly that called the "deposition). If your genes say you cannot grow larger than 5'55'' you simply cannot - atleast not naturally; but if your genes allow a maximum height of - let's say - 10' (yes, that's exaggerated) and your are only 1' you got a good chance to improve your height with appropriate nutrition alone (i.e. milk - but don't overdo it since that could backfire (no, you won't shrink in that case but it's still bad for your health if your drink 20L milk a day ).
Now you are probably thinking: "What the hell is _Sin_ wasting my time for? How should I know if my genes allow me to grow large?"
Well instead of telling you that this is all part of my master plan to make all of you use Azureus I'll get to the point immediately - seriously of course like you all expect me to do that. (Now that is quite a subliminal message isn't it? I just said get Azureus openly, didn't I...?)
Anyways, where was I? Ah yes, after you got Azureus I'd advice you to look around in your family and compare the height of them with yours. If the difference is quite great you can suppose that you still can grow larger with good nutrition (quite a scientific way to estimate your height deposition, isn't it? ).

I'd advice against using hormones since they can screw up your body quite badly if abused.

Wow, what a long post - regarding the fact that I had only 3 things to say:

- No to HoboGod
- Get Azureus to everyone (avoid BitTornado if you don't want to shrink
)
- to Phantom Blade: nutrificate/nutrify/nutritionize/bene-nutrition properly... umm, just eat properly and do not use exercises that put a huge strain on your body (and thus bones) like heavy weight lifting since that will have a negative impact on your growth

Pooh, that's it!
A hurray for _Sin_, and a hurray for Azureus users and a hurray for those who won't complain about any grammatical mistakes/typos since I didn't double check the post.
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 16:53   Link #19
Avaj
?!!

You could wear frankenstien shoes, the ones with the huge soles. I myself am only 5'7".

I'm pretty sure there are drugs of various types you could take. I hear of people who have some growth hormone go crazy and have horrendous growth spirts.
Avaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 18:43   Link #20
BME
Belldandy Fanboy

Location: Stockholm, Sweden, Where Polar bears roam the streets
Drink alot of milk if you are still growing, bone are made of kalcium, milk has kalcium. I've always drunk lots of milk and now i´m like 191 cm somthing.
BME is offline   Reply With Quote