AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Favourite Code Geass Characters Poll (Multiple Choice!)
Lelouch Lamperouge / Zero 971 67.43%
Suzaku Kururugi 230 15.97%
C.C. 835 57.99%
Karen Stadtfeld 550 38.19%
Nunally Lamperouge 167 11.60%
Shirley Fenete 215 14.93%
Milly Ashford 175 12.15%
Rivalz Cardemonde 44 3.06%
Nina Einstein 26 1.81%
Lloyd Asplund 216 15.00%
Cecile Croomy 108 7.50%
Cornelia Li Brittania 195 13.54%
Euphemia Li Brittania 216 15.00%
Jeremiah Gottwald 125 8.68%
Viletta Nui 104 7.22%
Diethard Lied 75 5.21%
Shinichirou Tamaki 22 1.53%
Sayoko 74 5.14%
Kyoushirou Toudou 62 4.31%
Clovis La Britannia 38 2.64%
The Emperor 54 3.75%
Authur (the cat) 165 11.46%
Kaname Ougi 41 2.85%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1440. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-06-18, 17:01   Link #601
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I don't think Suzaku is really a nice guy in the sense you mean. He's pretty much the same as Lelouch in that regard. Of course, he could end up being the right one if Marianne and C.C. turn out to be the ones with evil intentions and V.V. and Charles are actually helping the world.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 17:07   Link #602
Aquaman OS

Yeah and people consider Lelouch a nice guy despite his flaws so Suzaku should get the same treatment.

But ah I forgot the Saint Lelouch- Devil Suzaku double standard. You freaking hypocrites.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 17:09   Link #603
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

At heart I suppose both are probably just nice guys.

And you are one to talk along with the Saint Suzaku -Devil Lelouch standards. And when did I ever say I believed Lelouch was a paragon of good?

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-06-18, 17:13   Link #604
Aquaman OS

You personally do not. But so many other fans go on and on about the great holy Lelouch (I will never call him Lulu EVER because that implies that you think he's deserving of a cute name like that) that its literally starting to make me feel physically ill reading this crap.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 17:14   Link #605
Eliarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Yeah and people consider Lelouch a nice guy despite his flaws so Suzaku should get the same treatment.

But ah I forgot the Saint Lelouch- Devil Suzaku double standard. You freaking hypocrites.
QFT. That's what grinds my nerves and make me support Suzaku whenever I can.

lol double standards
Eliarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 17:15   Link #606
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I've never personally run into someone who thought he was a paragon of good or anything like that. There isn't anyone in this show derserving of that title and if you want something like that then I would think it would be a better idea for people to go and watch SEED or something.

Old 2008-06-18, 17:27   Link #607
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
There is no Dark Suzaku. This season has made it quite clear that he's still a more or less nice guy aside from his dislike of Zero. He supports Nunnally, is still friends with the Ashford gang (and is apparantly trying to get Lloyd to treat Milly better) He's not "dark" at all. The only way you could consider that is that he's on the Britannian side and goes against Lelouch which does not make him "evil" since there are no clear cut right sides in this show.
Dark Suzaku, I mean psycho/emo (in season 1 ep 23-25)

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 17:33   Link #608
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I wouldn't say Suzaku was psycho or emo. He fought a bit like a berserker. I think that was really just the first time he was really, really angry and didn't try to hide it.

Old 2008-06-18, 17:52   Link #609
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I wouldn't say Suzaku was psycho or emo. He fought a bit like a berserker. I think that was really just the first time he was really, really angry and didn't try to hide it.
That's what made me like his character for the first time (and later appreciating him in general after rewatching it again)

But I feel R2 has shafted Suzaku and Rolo too much so far, they need more development.

Old 2008-06-18, 17:54   Link #610
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

They may get it, but I think we're as far with Rolo and Suzaku was we are going to get. The focus now seems more on Kallen and Lelouch development than anyone else's.

Old 2008-06-18, 18:18   Link #611
Eliarine

Come on, your Lelouch and Kallen obsession is going too far, though that's hardly news. Rolo and Suzaku will get development.
Old 2008-06-18, 18:25   Link #612
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Obsession? I'm just looking at what is there. I'd prefer C.C. get more development, but that has practically no chance of happening.

Old 2008-06-18, 18:26   Link #613
blitz1/2

Agreed, CC is complex. How about VV?

Last edited by blitz1/2; 2008-06-18 at 18:27. Reason: EDIT: changed
Old 2008-06-18, 18:27   Link #614
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
Actually, I have to say it wasn't just that his Geass went out of control. If he learned to hold his tongue and wasn't bragging unnecessarily none of that would have happened. Also, the only reason he stopped his plan was because he would have gotten something out of it (Euphie gave up the crown.)

Ah, I always love a good debate.

Right... How about no. What was his plan? Sit there and hope for the best? As Aquaman OS put it, he had no plan.

Yeah? HOW? He can barely function in battles without using his Geass.

The luck area. Lelouch was lucky Suzaku was there.

Then why are you going to insult the way Britannia operates by slaughtering people if Lelouch operates the same way? It sounds very contradictory to me.

No it isn't. Again, just because the director sees things one way does not make it the absolute truth in an anime that is no where close to cut and dry. I brought this up before in another topic. Just because the director has a view on something does NOT mean that there can't be opposing view points on the matter. If there wasn't all of these topics in general are a waste of time and shouldn't even need to be discussed. But since it is obvious people have different views, they are being discussed. There is no one truth to interperate something.

I have to disagree. He is going about this a totally different way than Lelouch is. He wants to change things internally. Before he showed up, did anyone ever think that any non-Britannian could pilot a KMF? Or become a knight? Nope. As Deithard even said right in Season One right after Suzaku first became a Knight, the Britannian's now have a symbol that can garner them support from the 11's. If Zero didn't keep pressing things and cause pandemonium everywhere he goes who KNOWS what would have happened.

And what has Lelouch accomplished besides more conflict, pain, and death?

His "plan" would never have been put into action. Where would he get the money, power, army, and everything else? He was just telling himself that to make himself feel better so that he didn't need to think his life was useless.

Um... Nunnally is now a noble that supports change and he DOES obviously support her. Also, I don't think Schneizel wants to just wipe out and oppress people for that matter (he did love the idea of the SAZ when Euphie proposed it after all.)

Yes. So he CAN change the system.

Like Lelouch's 'plan' to just wipe everyone out?

He hardly used them as a crutch. As canis said, he just doesn't like Zero (and who can blame him) so he thought about doing it. He then remembered what happened with Euphie and definitly didn't want to see that happen again. The only thing you have to go one with that is that he thought of it because he despises Zero. Not that he is indecisive.

Because he knows he can't forgive him deep down. Is that so wrong? That is NORMAL HUMAN EMOTION. Zero was responsible for killing someone close to him and used her to kill a bunch of people effectively dragging her good name through the mud. Who WOULDN'T doubt it? But did he let it happen? No he didn't so you can say all you want, but being human is not a weakness OR a fault. Try again please.

I will still say Schneizel is not some epitome of evil doing. He actually prefers diplomacy over battle and he is in pretty good position to do something about it. We will just have to wait and see on that matter though.
Which is why I said he was saying stupid things, Lelouch had a big mouth and it bit him in the ass. If he just let it go that Euphie didn't believe him about being able to order her to do whatever then everything would have been fine. And what good did it do him to have Euphie give up the crown? It did not benefit him at all, if anything it just surprised him that Euphie was willing to go so far and made him realise that she was the same person as when they were kids and that he can't fight her.

This isn't a debate, its an arguement going in circles now. You don't appear to be bringing anything new to the discussion and for that matter neither am I really, just rehashing old points and getting more and more tiresome by the miniute.

Lelouch's leadership and tactical abilties is what made the Japanese follow him, not his geass. Those are the major reasons for his success, though his certainly helps. He may have had a harder time of it, but it doesn't mean he would sit around and do nothing had he not have met C.C.

I wasn't condeming Britannia for the massacre, rather the fact that Suzaku would let it happen and even aid it while still professing to have joined the army for the purpose of helping those that are being slaughtered. My response was to your idea that there are somehow rules and that "heart" and compassion has a place in war. There is no such thing as a "clean" war, it is just a matter of whose better at keeping their dirt in the closet better then others when the dust settles. Results are what ultimately the thing that matters most, although Lelouch was dangerously close to becoming what he hated in following his path of carnage.

Dann has basically covered what I'd say, so I'll save myself the trouble if you don't mind. Only thing I would add is that again Suzaku has not really been doing much to change the system from within. The SAZ does not count in my book for the simple reason that, what they are doing is basically what we did to the Native Americans. Shove them onto a reserve to keep them happy. The SAZ really has no real power, Nunally would not be able to do a thing if the Emperor decided to shut her down. And really it does not change Britannia's system at all. They only get thier right to call themselves Japanese in that small area and still have no real power. What constitutes as change in my book is that if the Numbers were afforded the same opportunities as a Britannian within the Areas. And again it was Nunally who restarted the SAZ, not Suzaku, and initially Suzaku even questioned her about it.

You're right, before he came along no numbers can be a knight, must less a knight of a Princess. Now heres the question, what exactly has changed for the better for the Japanese because of it? Would another number be able to become a Knight, or afforded the chance he was?

Quote:
Really now? This:

"He wants to help people and condems Lelouch's way is wrong, and yet his way of joining the side that are committing massacres, and even standing aside and allowing them is right?"

applies that you are condemning Suzaku for being on the Britannian side.
Right, and once again I will state, what I was "condemning" was the fact that he himself was condemning someone for doing things the "wrong" way while he himself did not offer any solution or plan to make the situation any better.

When was it Lelouch's plan to wipe out everyone? His long term goal was to destroy Britannia, they may have to be sacrifices towards his goal but he is not planning armageddon.

Suzaku may not be a Zero fan but one of the points I got from R2 was that his anger towards Zero has diminished and he actually wants some answers from Lelouch as to why he chose to do that to Euphie when someone like him could have chosen a differant way. My point about the million Zero incident that you seem to be missing was that, he at first thought that the right thing to do would be to suppress them, but he used the fact that Euphie and Nunnally wanted to forgive him, I will restate this, he let the Zeros go because Euphie and Nunnally wanted to give Zero forgiveness rather then to take revenge. Now flash forward to crazed tablefap questioning why isn't he taking revenge for Euphie. He's behing indecisive right there, instead of breaking those two points apart in your reply read them together. Oh and there was the incident with the execution order for the soldier that tried to kill him that Anya had to sign because he couldn't make up his mind.

Now about Schneizel, I don't take anything he does at face value. He is too much like Lelouch and he just hasn't shown up enough to get a really good read on him yet. I mean having crazy Nina make him a nuke does not really scream good will to mankind to me. Allthough he does seem decent enough so far.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 18:27   Link #615
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Probably me I would assume.

Old 2008-06-18, 18:30   Link #616
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
Come on, your Lelouch and Kallen obsession is going too far, though that's hardly news. Rolo and Suzaku will get development.
I believe that they intentionally held back Rollo because he is a walking hacked character... He will probably come in when the other Knights of Rounds get in on the action though.
Old 2008-06-18, 18:32   Link #617
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Probably. I mean, he has to actually fight for Lelouch in the show. I doubt he'll get that much screentime compared to the Main Character (which is obvious) and the Main Female.

Old 2008-06-18, 18:36   Link #618
Eliarine

STOP. THIS.

Seriously. Can't we have a discussion without you bringing up the importance of Kallen every few second? It's starting to get as annoying as the Suzaku hate. And that's saying something.
Old 2008-06-18, 18:38   Link #619
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Well with his Geass Rollo is just too cheap, imagine if he was the one going one on one with Xingke. If they deliberately gave Lelouch's restrictions so the writing staff won't get lazy, I am just assuming that they did that with Rollo so Lelouch wouldn't have an "easy way out" fighter on his side.
Old 2008-06-18, 18:43   Link #620
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
STOP. THIS.

Seriously. Can't we have a discussion without you bringing up the importance of Kallen every few second? It's starting to get as annoying as the Suzaku hate. And that's saying something.
I don't bring it up every second. I'm just trying to make a point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
Well with his Geass Rollo is just too cheap, imagine if he was the one going one on one with Xingke. If they deliberately gave Lelouch's restrictions so the writing staff won't get lazy, I am just assuming that they did that with Rollo so Lelouch wouldn't have an "easy way out" fighter on his side.
True, which means he'll need to be fighting very tough opponents like the Rounds. In fact, that's probably why Li will be needed as an ally later on. And just like Rolo's lack of time in the plot, Li's disease is probably a restriction.

Tags
characters, favorite