AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-02-19, 20:33   Link #281
Miyamoto Shin
Demigod

I guess, this is a repost..but I sure want this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS1lR_9zVRc
Miyamoto Shin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 22:00   Link #282
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
^ Nice although it is a fake.Hmm...I wonder if Sunrise was so smart to make Unicorn anime series.
Old 2009-02-19, 22:08   Link #283
4Tran

Sunrise is well known for not being interested in producing anime versions of existing manga or novels. They have very good reasons for doing so, so it's highly unlikely that this will change. The bright spot for Unicorn fans is that Unicorn is the only plausible exception to that rule, and perhaps only for the 30th Anniversary. If Unicorn isn't adapted this year, then it probably never will be.
Old 2009-02-19, 22:49   Link #284
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVNEN View Post
^ Nice although it is a fake.Hmm...I wonder if Sunrise was so smart to make Unicorn anime series.
Unicorn was written so that it would make a perfect anniversary show (with all of the old school UC-esque plot structures, references and homages, returning characters, etc.) and the author made it clear that it was his full intention... So Sunrise doesn't make this the 30th anniversary show, then they definitely know something we don't, and it probably doesn't mean they aren't smart (they did get the entire manuscript for the novel beforehand, after all)...
Old 2009-02-20, 04:43   Link #285
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Quote:
Unicorn was written so that it would make a perfect anniversary show (with all of the old school UC-esque plot structures, references and homages, returning characters, etc.) and the author made it clear that it was his full intention... So Sunrise doesn't make this the 30th anniversary show, then they definitely know something we don't, and it probably doesn't mean they aren't smart (they did get the entire manuscript for the novel beforehand, after all)...
Except for the fact that it lacks a Gundam in trademark colors, therefore striking it off the list of possible shows. And as for "Sunrise getting the manuscript" try having Sunrise DIRECTLY involved with the author. Unicorn really wouldn't fly outside of a small OVA anyways considering the entire plot has taken place over the span of a month... not really conducive of "full series" material.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 07:49   Link #286
ragux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyamoto Shin View Post
I guess, this is a repost..but I sure want this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS1lR_9zVRc
jajajaja chek this its more real :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbdQC42TUZc
ragux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 07:49   Link #287
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Man,you really got anything that i want to post. But would'nt it be better if Sunrise make the anime version of Unicorn.C'mon the second coming of Char will make old/new Gundam fans crave for more...I certainly do,oh no the image is killing me..

@ragux

WTH...no it hurting...me...the gundam goodness....owh... That was really creative & oustanding work.

Last edited by RAVNEN; 2009-02-20 at 07:57. Reason: change some word or people might get the wrong idea
RAVNEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 07:57   Link #288
justpassingby

so what happened to the rumor of converting AD calendar of Gundam 00 to space calendar? Will we get another season of 00 or more UC?
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 14:56   Link #289
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
If Unicorn isn't adapted this year, then it probably never will be.
Indeed. Like i said a while back it's unlikely we'll see it --- especially after all these years since the novels creation.
Old 2009-02-20, 18:27   Link #290
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Indeed. Like i said a while back it's unlikely we'll see it --- especially after all these years since the novels creation.
I'm not sure what you're referring to, but we're talking about the Unicorn novels; and they only started coming out in 2007. I believe that the latest one was released in December.
Old 2009-02-20, 18:38   Link #291
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

how about a documentary GS series that set few years after gsd with a new character doing a research to more from early GS years besides maybe like how did kira & cagalli end up with their adopted parents?

lead female gundam chracters really 30yrs & still not yet happen we are still waiting for that female lead character gundam piolt series

crossover gundam series yea seem like very kamen rider decade

or mAYBE something this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultrama..._in_Hyperspace where gundam is a tv series till one day it come to the real world
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 18:39   Link #292
Dream_Traveller
Banned

War in the Pocket? Christina McKenzie?
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 19:03   Link #293
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
War in the Pocket? Christina McKenzie?
hello a 50eps gundam series with the lead character being a female geez do i've to lock ya inside with the tenori taiga so you eaten?

really it like the only thing left for a gundam series to do list.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 19:11   Link #294
White Comet
True Gundam Fan

It is the 30th Anniversary, so please... the UC series. Anything but another stupid boysband and colorful suparobots.
White Comet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 19:18   Link #295
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
hello a 50eps gundam series with the lead character being a female geez do i've to lock ya inside with the tenori taiga so you eaten?

really it like the only thing left for a gundam series to do list.
Oh, you could have, I don't know, been more clear...
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 19:46   Link #296
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I'm not sure what you're referring to, but we're talking about the Unicorn novels; and they only started coming out in 2007. I believe that the latest one was released in December.
Yeah i read wrong. My fault.

As for female main characters, it's been done in Mobile Suit Gundam: Ecole du Ciel. Sure it's only a manga, though it's been done.

I'd love to see the manga animated, though it doesn't like it will ever happen.
Old 2009-02-20, 22:07   Link #297
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Except for the fact that it lacks a Gundam in trademark colors, therefore striking it off the list of possible shows.
Umm, Stargazer's colors were almost identical to Unicorn's... So what's that about striking it off the list of shows again? Besides, who said there can't be variations to the trademark colors for the title Gundams (ala Nu Gundam and Double X?)

Also, keep in mind that any Unicorn anime is pretty much guaranteed to have a redesign of the Unicorn Gundam and the others. Why? The current designs were released under the "Version Ka" MG line, which is a line that thus far had ONLY feature redesigns of suits from anime and and other official works by Hajime Katoki... So this time it might as well happen in the reverse. Plus Sunrise isn't going to miss a chance releasing another version of the Unicorn MG if there was an anime coming out anyway.

Quote:
Unicorn really wouldn't fly outside of a small OVA anyways considering the entire plot has taken place over the span of a month... not really conducive of "full series" material.
When did I say that it'd be a full series? Are you implying that an anniversary show has to be a full TV series? 0080 was also an anniversary show and that was an OVA. Unicorn, as a 10-volume novel series, would work well as a 12/13 episode or so OVA series like 0083. No one is disputing that, especially considering the fact that the Bandai CEO himself said that its not suitable for a full TV adaptation.

Last edited by brightman; 2009-02-20 at 22:34.
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-21, 00:22   Link #298
4Tran

Quote:
lead female gundam chracters really 30yrs & still not yet happen we are still waiting for that female lead character gundam piolt series
That's probably never going to happen. Bandai has a vested interest in not seeing a girl as the main character.

Quote:
crossover gundam series yea seem like very kamen rider decade

or mAYBE something this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultrama..._in_Hyperspace where gundam is a tv series till one day it come to the real world
Those two sound like terrible ideas.

D-KLAC, I can understand you fine, but I can tell that lots of other posters are having trouble. Can you please try to improve the grammar and punctuation of your posts. Complete sentences would be nice as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
As for female main characters, it's been done in Mobile Suit Gundam: Ecole du Ciel. Sure it's only a manga, though it's been done.

I'd love to see the manga animated, though it doesn't like it will ever happen.
There's two strikes against it: female main character, and the fact that it's a manga. It'll never happen unless Bandai adopts a completely different policy for Gundam (which is probably even less likely ).
Old 2009-02-21, 09:20   Link #299
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
There's two strikes against it: female main character, and the fact that it's a manga. It'll never happen unless Bandai adopts a completely different policy for Gundam (which is probably even less likely ).
Yeah i know. This is why i said it will never happen.
Old 2009-02-23, 10:06   Link #300
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

This was posted up on SRW Hotnews, apparently something to do with the 30th Anniversary:
Spoiler for New 30th Anniversary project?: