AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2011-07-27, 07:14   Link #1741
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Eh? When did Touma's class transform into epic cockblockers that remind me of Class F's Exection Squad!?
Old 2011-07-27, 07:43   Link #1742
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
WHO STOLE MY GOODIES.

STOP STEALING MY--

Wait a minute...

MISAKI'S MY LOVECHILD WITH FROZEN2CHAOS.

Wait, what.

FROZEN2CHAOS? What the fuck is that?

Where's my shampoo?

Who stole my rooster?

TELL ME FRIDGE! WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME?!

What...uh... THAT MAKE NO SENSEEEEEEEEEEE--!

Fission Mailed.

But seriously, Misaki had successively endured, survived and mastered the overwhelming powers of the Holy Crack. Fiamma beware.

I can...

...finally pass on the torch...

...and die.

I regret...nothing...!

I can see it, in the end...

...AleisterxHeavenCanceller.
This post.

It's like the most potent Telesma in existence.

I can't take it all.

Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 08:34   Link #1743
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Still I'm not sure yet if it will end with Mikoto but honestly I'm tired of her and her over popularity with lots of fic about MikotoxTouma.

You can't fight hype; as it stands Mikoto/Touma, KuroNeko/Kyousuke, Victorique /Kazuya and Charlotte/Ichika are the most popular straight pairings right now.

You want to fight the power? Well revolutions don't come easy. I fought in the Nanoha civil war 4 years ago and I can tell you, if you want something done you'll have to do it yourself because nobody else is going to write a Yuuno fic, or a Chrono/Carim oneshot, or a Erio/Luteica revamp >.>.

*cough*

It also doesn't help that there are very few people in the toaru fanfic world... We need more fangirls... Female writers are somehow more creative...

...But when all's said and done, my [Majutsu no Kurisumasu II] story this year would still end on a Touma x Mikoto note

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-07-27 at 08:51.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 09:27   Link #1744
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Fangirls? Nuh, if that happens it's either:

1. Touma/Mikoto everywhere.
2. Mary Sues Galore! (I dread.)
3. Hetero pairings thrown out of the window, they be damned. From now on, Accelerator/Touma will be one of the hottest topics around, and it'll be as if there are no girls in the Index universe at all.

... I'm just exaggerating, but I guess I'm also out of my minds on speculating what kind of fanfics will appear if you wish so that the number of fangirls go up.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 09:40   Link #1745
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
... I'm just exaggerating, but I guess I'm also out of my minds on speculating what kind of fanfics will appear if you wish so that the number of fangirls go up.
Well, back in my youthful spirited days, I find that it's the females that come up with creative stories... Or at least better structured stories. I don't know if this was because I'm new to the concept at that time that I still can't properly identify good from bad, but that's the impression I got.

Yes, you would have to waddle through the BL crap but the grass is usually greener on the other side... And there are ALOT of them, tens of thousands of them unlike the tiny hundred that we have.

Then again, the series I used to go to were Digimon/Eva/Shaman King/Naruto/Inuyasha/Ranma so maybe it has to do with the type of series than the demography of the writers ?
Old 2011-07-27, 09:58   Link #1746
Ashaman

In my experience its always been more of a numbers game.

if you have 1000 female writers compared to 100 male ones, you're more likely to find more good stories written by the girls. After all, if 1 in 10 writers are good, you'll get 10 good male written fics and 100 good fics wriitne by girls.

And well, fanfiction is dominated by female writers in most places. The ones you mentioned at least have a female dominated fanfic fandom. I think.

ToAru is one of the few successful series that aren't flooded with fangirls, something that can prob be attributed to the general lack of bishies, a main character that is well ajusted and nice, and a lack of ho yay.

There is a reason Accelerator is such fangirl bait - bishieness, dark and troubled past and, cold dickish behaviour and the reverence he puts Touma.
Old 2011-07-27, 10:09   Link #1747
Sumeragi
Banned

I'm a member of the Kamikoto Faction, but perfectly willing to support a Mikoto-Ruiko pairing
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 10:10   Link #1748
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
In my experience its always been more of a numbers game.

if you have 1000 female writers compared to 100 male ones, you're more likely to find more good stories written by the girls. After all, if 1 in 10 writers are good, you'll get 10 good male written fics and 100 good fics wriitne by girls.

And well, fanfiction is dominated by female writers in most places. The ones you mentioned at least have a female dominated fanfic fandom. I think.
That's why somehow I feel that if we get more fangirls, we'll drastically increase the number of fanworks for this series, therefore increasing the probability of good works.

Because we men are lazy and unimaginative creatures right ?

Quote:
ToAru is one of the few successful series that aren't flooded with fangirls, something that can prob be attributed to the general lack of bishies, a main character that is well ajusted and nice, and a lack of ho yay.
At the same time we aren't exactly flooded by fanboys either.

So what are we made up of?! REASONABLE PEOPLE ?! Reasonable people aren't profitable! We need more crazy people!

Quote:
There is a reason Accelerator is such fangirl bait - bishieness, dark and troubled past and, cold dickish behaviour and the reverence he puts Touma.
Plus he's 'good' with kids.
Old 2011-07-27, 10:22   Link #1749
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
So what are we made up of?! REASONABLE PEOPLE ?! Reasonable people aren't profitable! We need more crazy people!
...So you would like get my family involved in the Toaru fandom? That'd turn things pretty crazy.

Just as to give you a appetiser at the craziness held within, my father back in his old days played a rather...unconvential musical instrument.

You might have heard about it.

It's called a chainsaw.

That's right, he substituted guitar for a chainsaw and waved it at the audience while laughing maniacally. People always asked him to whip it out and give them a solo.

(And no, he's not a murderer if that's what you're wondering...)

I wish I was kidding...but I'm not. And I'm the sane one in the family... This is proof that the Crackiness of a writer is genetic. I can't escape it. The less I say about my dear mother, the better.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 10:22   Link #1750
Sumeragi
Banned

Do you people seriously want to unleash me? I'm starting to talk all the fangirl discussions as challenges to be overcome
Old 2011-07-27, 10:25   Link #1751
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Do you people seriously want to unleash me? I'm starting to talk all the fangirl discussions as challenges to be overcome
You go girl, you've got the backing of the Crack Emperor behind you. Speaking of that, I should finish that ToumaxStiyl thingy.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-07-27, 10:29   Link #1752
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
You go girl, you've got the backing of the Crack Emperor behind you. Speaking of that, I should finish that ToumaxStiyl thingy.
I acknowledge no higher being than myself, therefore I do not need nor want any so-called "backing".

This objection does not include the use of cocaine, since that is more of a legal issue
Old 2011-07-27, 12:40   Link #1753
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
LOL. Poor Touma. His class must really hate if they wanted to win.

PS: The idea that Touma becoming a "slave" to Mikoto and Misaki.....tempting.
Old 2011-07-27, 13:11   Link #1754
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
So does that mean that if Touma wins he gets both Misaki and Misaka? As in he can make both of them do whatever he wants? Both... of... them...

*nosebleeds*
Ilidsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 13:41   Link #1755
chrono9472

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
So does that mean that if Touma wins he gets both Misaki and Misaka? As in he can make both of them do whatever he wants? Both... of... them...

*nosebleeds*
...its not like he's going to have them serve him while making them wear *put the names fetishy outfits here*,by this point he's probably desperate not to look like a perverted two time(and in his own eyes a pedophile) so...he'll probably have them do something tame, if he even has them do anything.This will only work if he wins though

Last edited by chrono9472; 2011-07-28 at 03:28.
chrono9472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 18:04   Link #1756
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
I wish I was kidding...but I'm not. And I'm the sane one in the family... This is proof that the Crackiness of a writer is genetic. I can't escape it. The less I say about my dear mother, the better.
... I don't even have the heart to quote your original response
Really now, I think what I write is nowhere near as crack-ish as what you end up writing... Or maybe I'm really mistaken about the potentness of that and we're all simply immune to the effects of our own writing?

And really, from what you're saying I'm really starting to question my own sanity to write things that gains your approval like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
copy paste from FF:

So you picked Misaka route and turn Misaki into cupid of love? -_-

Still I'm not sure yet if it will end with Mikoto but honestly I'm tired of her and her over popularity with lots of fic about MikotoxTouma.
Though the story is not yet finished I will wait on how things will workout.

As for a problem.... Touma become popular thanks to his test and his troubles with the tokiwadai level 5. How can he sneak up in the battle of middle schools in the time when his stopping Oriana? You skipped that part and onto the day before he goes to Italy. Well that part wasn't really important but I can't imagine him sneaking there and going out alive with Mikoto and Misaki participating plus Seiri getting injured. I imagined that Misaki might discover something but its been skipped.

With more details on such part about that I want to read the next part specially I want to know will Sieiri and Aogami do. I bet the others will also do something and I can't see Aogami not doing something in front of an all girls middle school fight.

To little index even though she supposedly around him almost all the time. To be honest I just realized that Index isn't with Touma at all in your fic even though she usually is with him. Or maybe because she is not important to the plot that she is not around even though in the book they are always together. Just like Accelerator and Last Order.

And I will agree that Index isn't the type for romance with Touma. Maybe the before memory erase status of Touma but after that one. She stays with a family type of person for Touma. An important girl which he doesn't want to see cry. Just like how Accelerator tread Last Order. To both of them the loli's is their life line. In Touma's case. His only connection from the past and the first person to appear in front of him and also the first person to say she loves him and the first person that cried when he doesn't remember anything about her. Thus Kamijou Touma LIED for her sake. So she won't cry anymore.
1) Touma+Mikoto will be a option, but it MIGHT NOT be the final ending; I still haven't had my fun writing the Saten+Touma scenes yet, no way am I going to let Mikoto get Touma at this point. If at all.

FFN don't allow 'choose your own' stories on the site... but when I finish the fic I'm willing to post the 'alternative endings' here in this thread. Obvious ones include Mikoto and Misaki routes, but I can always do things like Touma&Gunha Touma&Motoharu Touma&Gunha&Motoharu...

Frak this, the 'Mr.Kyon' grimoire have gotten to me. I need to go lie down...

2) As for the sneaking into fight with Tokiwadai on the first day... I'm thinking about the guards at the gate don't follow rumours like the students do, and the Tokiwadai students won't know it's Touma. There's videos on youtube about 'Change Blindness' (eg the one with the gorilla) and 'Selective Attention', where people don't see things right in front of them unless they're looking specifically for them. Tokiwadai students probably won't think it's Touma, and just think it's a look-a-like at most.

Getting won't be a problem, and getting out with Seiri attracting most of the attention seems pretty likely to me. I'd imagine Misaki will find out, Touma telling her it's 'one of those things' and she'd know better to dig further. (this would be what happens if I have to write it into my fic as a explanation)

Other options include blackmail him into doing small favours for her. Nothing serious, just him being mercilessly taken advantage of in small things like fetching her drinks or help her carry bags one time when she goes shopping.
But with a punishment game available... yeah, who needs blackmail material?

3) In this fic, Index is pretty much in the 'pet' or 'family member' slot. There's even comments Index is pretty much with Touma only because he feeds her in the novels. I basically ignore her since a) writing a nun into a romance just seems wrong (basically, no Agnese, Index or Orsola scenes from me, ever) and b) other characters like Misaki and Saten takes up too much writing time already.

and @Ilidsor: No, if Touma wins he gets out of punishment, not getting his way with two girls. That's because Touma's so far behind Mikoto in points he no longer can win, and so he exchanged 'gaining benefits' for 'not receiving punishment'.
The deal was changed to 'WIN: no punishment from Mikoto; LOSE: punishment game with both Mikoto and Misaki', when the old was 'Winner make loser do as he/she likes, only between Mikoto and Touma'.

Still, Motoharu was implying Touma's a 'M' and wants to be thoroughly taken care of by Misaki and Mikoto once he loses. Have fun thinking about that
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 18:23   Link #1757
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Toaru Kagaku no Firestarter

DID SOMEONE JUST CALL FOR CRAZY?! :3

Here's the first of a series of revamped wikia-style teaser articles for my own fanon, starting with the Ace of Sakugawa. The entire setting is a spinoff of the Railgun spinoff (think the various non-Amuro Gundam in UC Gundam timeline). What started out as a cameo character stalking Accelerator in my pre-writings that dwelve into his emo past has grown up into her own protagonist. A child made by Man seeking freedom from destiny. Or just a girl burning anything in her way like a super driver.

Without an OC thread, this would have to do. Hope I build up enough hype.
Old 2011-07-27, 18:33   Link #1758
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

So you've finally got that off the ground ?
Old 2011-07-27, 21:33   Link #1759
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
...What do you have in mind?

Well, I suppose things have been a little too peaceful ever since the Light Novels (translations) were completed for the main story. Sigh, it's not as fun as in the Nanoha FF.net where people get so indignant over their favorite pairings... But over here it's like People have no illusions. Anything they don't like they just ignore... -_-

Quote:
3) In this fic, Index is pretty much in the 'pet' or 'family member' slot. There's even comments Index is pretty much with Touma only because he feeds her in the novels. I basically ignore her since a) writing a nun into a romance just seems wrong (basically, no Agnese, Index or Orsola scenes from me, ever) and b) other characters like Misaki and Saten takes up too much writing time already.
WHAT?! Nun into romance is wrong?! Nobody gave me that memo !

...But it's fine if it's not technically 'romance' right >.> ? Just saying...

But okay, I understand your position and I COMPLETELY respect your decision...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 2011-07-27, 21:37   Link #1760
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Yo Orsola, I'm really happy for you, Imma let you finish, but Misaka Worst in a nun outfit has the best body of all time!

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction