AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-10-20, 10:43   Link #6761
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
I see, the trauma might also play a part in this and he's really afraid of losing another girl that he's come to really like. I can relate to that somewhat. Best thing to do is give him reassurances in the end anyways
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 10:50   Link #6762
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

@RadiantBeam,

Let me teach you a magic trick.

Have a small get-together with your BFF and the BFF's BF (BFFBF) over winter break, and have Ricky be there just for good measure as well, so that the BFFBF can definitely see he's got nothing to be worried about there. Do prepare an abundant amount of beer, and encourage everyone present to partake liberally of it. When everyone is a little tipsy, go tackle your BFF in front of everyone, and start tickling, wrestling, and generally get up to all sorts of silliness with her.

Behold, as whatever complaints the BFFBF and Ricky might have vanish overnight! 'Tis Magic!

Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 11:03   Link #6763
Kafriel
Senior Guest

The most mature thing to do would be going over to him and asking him what he thinks you should do, provided he's not stupid enough to think that you keeping a distance would solve anything. Don't fry your noodle over something that's only remotely your own problem.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 11:05   Link #6764
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
I agree with the meeting as a reassurement measure (not to the last part of Ascoloth's post though ).
There often is a rivalry between best friend and boyfriend, even when all are straight anyway. And imo there is not that much you can do, your friend has to show him how important he is to her and that you are just a friend that doesn't endanger his spot in her life.

I think it's something that'll go away with time and some good ol' communication ^^
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 11:16   Link #6765
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
... don't give me mental images like that, Ascaloth! Torture!
Old 2010-10-20, 12:18   Link #6766
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

I'll have you know, Ascaloth, I have no complaints even without the ticklefest. =P I'm pretty well gay for my best friend too, so Radiant and I were cool on that point from the get go. Speaking of Radiant, however, I'm going to do something that goes completely against our low-key relationship thing because screw it, we're already AS's fan-preferred couple.

It wasn't so long ago that I started getting to know a really charming young lady with a great sense of humor and a generous spirit. Oh, we'd talked before from time to time, and I'd admired what I knew of her for a while, but when we really started spending time together, I was totally smitten with her. Eventually, she started letting me know she felt the same way too.

We had demanding lives, and we agreed to prioritize our pressing practical concerns first, to hold off on the 'couple' thing. It didn't work, because there came a point where we couldn't avoid thinking of each other as 'girlfriend' and 'boyfriend'. We even found ourselves calling each other by those titles without even realizing when we had made that change. On April 20th, we decided to throw away the pretense and actually act on our feelings for each other.

Since then, we've met in person and I've gotten to know her family some, we've grown closer, learned things about each other, helped each other persist through our trials. We've made each other smile, laugh and blush. We have our disagreements and differences, and we also care about each other enough to take our time and work things out. You know what? I can't wait to have more of all of these experiences with this girl.

Happy half-year, RadiantBeam. This boy is all yours for as long as you want him.
Old 2010-10-20, 12:38   Link #6767
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Meeting with him sounds like the way to go. Put it this way - if there really was an issue, I'd think your female friend wouldn't be hanging out with you as much. I think everyone has their priorities straight. There's a difference between fantasy and reality and you have it sussed, by the sounds of it.

Guys hate to admit it but they hate being away from the one they love for long periods of time, especially if someone else is spending more time with their lover than they are. But hey, that's a consequence of modern life. Just show him what the deal is and that things aren't going to turn into a scenario you'd read about in the letters section of Penthouse.

RB, there's loads of married/attached women out there that are also attracted to women. As long as you know to not let it get in the way of a relationship you're in, it's fine. It's healthy to find beauty in other women. Besides, women are the more beautiful gender, anyway. And they are better at caressing and kissing. If humanity had to be one gender only, it had better be all women! And Syn would be world president.

All that said, erections are still awesome.

To anyone thinking about Ascaloth's scenario, how about this. Let's say female #1 is wearing a T-shirt that cuts off around the midriff, side tie bikini/underwear with just a tad of lowrider showing just a tad of 'Mound of Venus', but only once the shapely jeans showing the outline of her butt and legs are off - eventually. Plenty of time for that. And she'd be the one directing action.

Female #2 wears a camisole that flutters about a bit loosely and a skirt cut above the knee that resist flitting in the wind to not reveal the lacy underwear beneath.

You'd probably need a towel to avoid carpet/grass burn. A bit of lotion/oil would help things. Music drifting between soft, sensual and deep, brooding tunes. A sultry evening breeze sending a mix of a chill of the spine and sizzling the skin. Gentle breathing, tongue action. And a bit of ice-cream in certain places.

How about that for a mental image? Syn's comment suddenly gave me the urge to make one so that I won't spend time trying to fall asleep thinking of one.
Old 2010-10-20, 12:48   Link #6768
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Let's say female #1 is wearing a T-shirt that cuts off around the midriff, side tie bikini/underwear with just a tad of lowrider showing just a tad of 'Mound of Venus', but only once the shapely jeans showing the outline of her butt and legs are off - eventually. Plenty of time for that. And she'd be the one directing action.

Female #2 wears a camisole that flutters about a bit loosely and a skirt cut above the knee that resist flitting in the wind to not reveal the lacy underwear beneath.

You'd probably need a towel to avoid carpet/grass burn. A bit of lotion/oil would help things. Music drifting between soft, sensual and deep, brooding tunes. A sultry evening breeze sending a mix of a chill of the spine and sizzling the skin. Gentle breathing, tongue action. And a bit of ice-cream in certain places.
Aaand THIS is the kind of stuff that puts people off dating women who actually exist I'll be storing the scenario in my mental warehouse though....
Old 2010-10-20, 16:50   Link #6769
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Controversy View Post
I'll have you know, Ascaloth, I have no complaints even without the ticklefest. =P I'm pretty well gay for my best friend too, so Radiant and I were cool on that point from the get go. Speaking of Radiant, however, I'm going to do something that goes completely against our low-key relationship thing because screw it, we're already AS's fan-preferred couple.

It wasn't so long ago that I started getting to know a really charming young lady with a great sense of humor and a generous spirit. Oh, we'd talked before from time to time, and I'd admired what I knew of her for a while, but when we really started spending time together, I was totally smitten with her. Eventually, she started letting me know she felt the same way too.

We had demanding lives, and we agreed to prioritize our pressing practical concerns first, to hold off on the 'couple' thing. It didn't work, because there came a point where we couldn't avoid thinking of each other as 'girlfriend' and 'boyfriend'. We even found ourselves calling each other by those titles without even realizing when we had made that change. On April 20th, we decided to throw away the pretense and actually act on our feelings for each other.

Since then, we've met in person and I've gotten to know her family some, we've grown closer, learned things about each other, helped each other persist through our trials. We've made each other smile, laugh and blush. We have our disagreements and differences, and we also care about each other enough to take our time and work things out. You know what? I can't wait to have more of all of these experiences with this girl.

Happy half-year, RadiantBeam. This boy is all yours for as long as you want him.
Congratulations guys, hope you'll be around for a lot more memorable dates And now Ricky excuse me for doing this but it's for your own sake (JK)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
@RadiantBeam,

Let me teach you a magic trick.

Have a small get-together with your BFF and the BFF's BF (BFFBF) over winter break, and have Ricky be there just for good measure as well, so that the BFFBF can definitely see he's got nothing to be worried about there. Do prepare an abundant amount of beer, and encourage everyone present to partake liberally of it. When everyone is a little tipsy, go tackle your BFF in front of everyone, and start tickling, wrestling, and generally get up to all sorts of silliness with her.

Behold, as whatever complaints the BFFBF and Ricky might have vanish overnight! 'Tis Magic!

My nickname is Dextro and I support this message!
Old 2010-10-20, 17:21   Link #6770
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:

Gah, how do I even top that?

If it's any consolation, my dear Onii-chan, this made me blush so hard that I thought the screen of my laptop would melt from it.
Old 2010-10-20, 17:43   Link #6771
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Congratz to Beams and Ricky!
Do you guys have a fan club yet?
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 22:21   Link #6772
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Well, RB is the Harem Mistress...
Old 2010-10-21, 00:40   Link #6773
Knightrunner

Quote:

wow, well said i'll be rooting for you two.
Old 2010-10-21, 01:05   Link #6774
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
What is this all about???
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 03:34   Link #6775
UltimaWolf
~Nani...?~

Quote:
Spoiler for snip:

Wow nicely said. Good luck to you two! Hope everything works out!
Can't believe its been that long though
Old 2010-10-21, 04:57   Link #6776
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

RB and RC forevs!
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 05:25   Link #6777
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Aaand THIS is the kind of stuff that puts people off dating women who actually exist I'll be storing the scenario in my mental warehouse though....
Both a bad and good idea. Switch to the lotus position, and think through it. Om...........nomnomnom..........LOTUS ROOT SOUP!

Come to think of it, minus off my PT job and family woes, I had another trouble in school today, this time with girls.

For some reason, my ex-group member from last semester, a Viet girl, started talking to me in a very friendly manner for no apparent reason. Then another Korean girl which I helped a few days ago (with her individual CA, I edited the whole thing and gave her writing tips) tried to recruit me into her project group. And for no damn reason, they started BICKERING in front of the lecture hall after the viet girl said that I was married* (I didn't look at her facial expression so I don't know if she is joking or not).

Now the thing is that the Korean girl really thought that I am married and is constantly glancing at me throughout the whole class. I am not interested in dating her, but I don't really want to spoil my relationship with my classmates. The worst thing is that there are rumors spreading that the Korean girl is interested in me and trying to recruit me into her project group is just an excuse, and that Viet girl is trying to prevent that.

I don't think I can survive the rest of this semester if I don't clear this up. FAST.

P.S Btw my personality IRL is just as, or not more, eccentric and random as I am here, to the extent of me presenting an idea of a coscafe during a project presentation (which I got an A+ for. ). The only part I have not shown is that I am a yandere IRL. Hopefully this piece of information can help to fix problems.

* - Only the local (and a few foreign) guys in my class know who my wives are, and they did a good job in convincing some of the others that I am not really married. The rest don't understand due to language barriers so I gave up on that.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 05:31   Link #6778
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
You should just tell them that you're not married and end it there Are wedding rings used where you live? Or perhaps some other sign that you're married? Because I'm sure that you wouldn't have such a thing so you could use that as proof that you're really single.

As to how to deal with the two girls, I say you should ask more about this project that the Korean girl is working on and see if it interests you. By this, I don't mean the project itself, but you should try get a betterview on her motivations and if she's pretty detailed about the project, chances are that she wants you to be in it as much as she's interested in you as a person. If she's not that concise about the project or just doesn't seem to have a solid plan on it, chances are she's just after you, so I'd try to avoid it saying that it doesn't really seem like much to you.

Can't say much for the Viet girl. Ultimately, it's up to you to persue whichever one interests you the most. But just try to remember the important thing to be mindful of the mood and don't simply blurt out your mind. You can be pretty.....tactless at times
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 08:37   Link #6779
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Both a bad and good idea. Switch to the lotus position, and think through it. Om...........nomnomnom..........LOTUS ROOT SOUP!

Come to think of it, minus off my PT job and family woes, I had another trouble in school today, this time with girls.

For some reason, my ex-group member from last semester, a Viet girl, started talking to me in a very friendly manner for no apparent reason. Then another Korean girl which I helped a few days ago (with her individual CA, I edited the whole thing and gave her writing tips) tried to recruit me into her project group. And for no damn reason, they started BICKERING in front of the lecture hall after the viet girl said that I was married* (I didn't look at her facial expression so I don't know if she is joking or not).

Now the thing is that the Korean girl really thought that I am married and is constantly glancing at me throughout the whole class. I am not interested in dating her, but I don't really want to spoil my relationship with my classmates. The worst thing is that there are rumors spreading that the Korean girl is interested in me and trying to recruit me into her project group is just an excuse, and that Viet girl is trying to prevent that.

I don't think I can survive the rest of this semester if I don't clear this up. FAST.

P.S Btw my personality IRL is just as, or not more, eccentric and random as I am here, to the extent of me presenting an idea of a coscafe during a project presentation (which I got an A+ for. ). The only part I have not shown is that I am a yandere IRL. Hopefully this piece of information can help to fix problems.

* - Only the local (and a few foreign) guys in my class know who my wives are, and they did a good job in convincing some of the others that I am not really married. The rest don't understand due to language barriers so I gave up on that.
Meaning no offence to the female population of this thread...dammit man, don't be such a chick! If I were you, I'd only be worried about girls I am interested in, finding out that I got 2D wives, for obvious reasons :P The rest can nuke the world for all you care, it's not like they'll stop socializing with you and if either tries to make a move, you can easily turn them down in a very polite and almost indirect manner.
As a footnote, you being yandere isn't a very good thing to spread, because if you meet a girl you like and she's caught wind of the rumour, she'll most likely avoid you at all costs
Old 2010-10-21, 09:57   Link #6780
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Well, RB is the Harem Mistress...
That joke still lives?

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom