AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: -Your- picks for the best songs in Macross Frontier [Multiple-pick Option Enabled]
Welcome To My FanClub's Night! 67 21.34%
Shinkuu no Diamond Crevasse 108 34.39%
Aimo ~Tori no Hito 83 26.43%
Infinity 84 26.75%
Diamond Crevasse ~Sheryl Only♥ 184 58.60%
Northern Cross 150 47.77%
Anata no Oto 55 17.52%
Seikan Hikōu 82 26.11%
Yousei 98 31.21%
Ai Oboete Imasu ka ~Ranka 76 24.20%
Watashi no Kare wa Pilot 30 9.55%
Lion 165 52.55%
Diamond Crevasse 50/50 36 11.46%
Aoi no Ether 49 15.61%
Neko Nikki 20 6.37%
Nyan Nyan Service Medley 101 32.17%
What 'bout my star?@Formo 109 34.71%
Triangler ~ Maaya Sakomoto 71 22.61%
Iteza☆Gogo Kuji Don't be late 88 28.03%
What 'bout my star? ~Sheryl 78 24.84%
Aimo OC 52 16.56%
Triangular - Duet - 93 29.62%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 314. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-09-20, 12:15   Link #921
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
EDIT: do you remember if Blue Ether was the piano version or the anime version with the orchestra? Maybe the leaked piano one I have is from a live or something.
Actually I completely forgot there was two versions so I didn't check the sample, I skipped listening to the samples of all the insert songs I already had, like Ether, Anato no Ono and Yousei.

So the 3rd OST should have the other version of Blue Ether and I remembered that we also need the Don't Be Late remix theme from episodes 6 and 14 XD
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 02:15   Link #922
Ottocycle

Come to think of it, May'n and Sakamoto's individual Aimos are as likely to be released as Nakajima's SMS song snippet during one of the early eps' eyecatches, since they have all been revealed in the show's eyecatches.

いかしたあの娘はエイリアン~
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 20:09   Link #923
osdes11

I can't wait for OST II. And especially for the version of Diamond Crevasse sung in episode 20.
osdes11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 00:11   Link #924
wolfboy
:3

Ep24 Do You Remember Love is growing on me quickly. I'm getting antsy, got the Deculture version on repeat.

Damn, why must they release this thing 2 weeks after the show's over!
wolfboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 06:35   Link #925
Haninozuka

If Triangular is going to be the final duet between Ranka and Sheryl, that would be interesting.

I went to have a closer look at the lyrics for the song. Looking at them, they seem to have more significance now after episodes 23-24. They seem to portray what each of them feels towards Alto.

This part seems to apply to Ranka...

As a coward, and a crybaby,
I’m still thinking I’ll go
More than loving, more than wanting,
doubting is always what frustrates my simple self

It hurts
How you’re my friend but don’t love me,
how you’ll protect me but won’t be with me
<-- quite apt, esp after Episode 23
It’s a bitter antinomy
Touch me right away
If this is fate, then let us be connected

While this seems to be Sheryl's part

A law that judges delusions
When it hit me from behind,
I stumbled upon openhearted love
Just by breathing with all your might,
come get me, because I’m drowning

It hurts
That I believe the lies you say to my face <-- her thinking that Alto is staying with her out of pity
Because I can’t beg your laughing voice
The future is too much for me

Hold me right away
Pushing down anything like reason
Haninozuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 06:55   Link #926
beppu

I interrupt all this frontier talk to bring you a classic instrumental from DYRL:

It was composed by Kentaro Haneda who passed away in 2007.

RIP
beppu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 07:08   Link #927
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Ah, Dog Fighter, a classic that can't be forgotten. Nice composition.

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 07:15   Link #928
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Yeap, very nice. Brings back memories...

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 08:10   Link #929
AlaAlba

I found this, nyan tora sample on nico douga
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm4712075
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 09:00   Link #930
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Heh? How... HOW DID I HEAR SPACESHIP BROTHERS ENKA FROM SHERYL ON the 10th MINUTE?! And Bobby song is now stuck in my head again...

But I think it's not a legitimate leak-"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" rendition is still the same with the Deculture Edition...

Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2008-09-23 at 09:11.
Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 12:03   Link #931
wolfboy
:3

That's just a compilation of everything released so far + leaks of tracks already leaked. There probably won't be anything until about next week.
wolfboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 17:32   Link #932
beppu

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm4659407

seiji on electric guitar, scream(+vader) on violin, gu on drums, and hime? on bass.

this is amazing!
Old 2008-09-23, 18:25   Link #933
MaiHikari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
It wasn't on any of the bgm samples they ahd available but the following tracks didn't have a sample IIRC.

01 Prologue F
07 Test Flight Delight
09 Inu Mimi Ranka (trans: Dog-ears Ranka)
11 Tsuioku no Trumpet (trans: Reminiscence Trumpet)
15 is this LOVE?
16 shadow of Michael
20 Protoculture

It's the track with the violin that comes into it when they kiss right? It's not going to be track #1, 7, 9, 16 or 20. It might not be on this OST since we will be getting one more since no Diamond Crevasse 50/50 or Maaya Sakamoto Aimo is on this, Lion as well if they want to have all the OPs/Eds on the OSTS.

I for one really hope the Alto and Sheryl bgm theme used in the kiss scene for 24 and also used in 20 and 6 is either "Is this LOVE?" or Reminiscence Trumpet.
I think violin sequence (SherylxAlto kissing scene) was used at the beginning of ep 3 narration. Someone said it's prologue F, but I think prologue F is actually the beginning of ep 2 narration. The one with full orchestra heavy on the cello. I was too late and they took down the samples. Can anyone verify this?
MaiHikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 12:31   Link #934
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by beppu View Post
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm4659407

seiji on electric guitar, scream(+vader) on violin, gu on drums, and hime? on bass.

this is amazing!
That is pretty amazing.

I especially like how the scream and vader were the vocals while the others played their parts perfectly.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
TwilightHack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 16:29   Link #935
BluWacky
尻の竜

Triangler just won the Animation Kobe Award for Best Theme Song. The Animation Kobe awards were set up about ten years ago - previous winners of this prize range from Yuzurenai Negai (the classic first OP for Magic Knights Rayearth) to Motteke! Sailor Fuku. The theme song award is unique in that it's voted for by members of the public and then the judges take that into account before deciding the winner - the judge's comments note that not only Triangler but also several other songs from Macross Frontier got a large number of votes, and cite the "eccentric lyrics and ultra high-pitched melody fused with story-telling and Yoko Kanno's magic" as being a positive thing, which I am sure some people in this thread won't agree with!

I love the song to bits, so I'm well chuffed about this even if it's not really a big deal. I like the May'n/Nakajima tracks but I'm a die-hard Maaya fan through and through, bless her.

EDIT: why the certainty that there will be a third OST? Anime CDs don't make much money anyway - I know that the first OST sold well but there's no guarantee that will last to a third CD when the show is long over. Plenty of Kanno shows don't end up with all their music collected on disc (Arjuna springs immediately to mind), and as much as I'd like to be optimistic in the short-term memories of anime fans Frontier will be in the distant past by the time any new soundtrack comes around.
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 17:22   Link #936
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Cool news. I'm one of the people who absolutely adores the Triangular song.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 19:00   Link #937
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime

This is awesome news. Agree completely with the judge's comment about Triangler. Indeed the other MF songs rock, but Triangler deserves a special place among them.
Realist_Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 21:50   Link #938
beppu

Here's my little Triangler story:

...I actually hadn't watched anime in a long time until one day there was a thread about Macross on some other non-anime-related forum I visit. I googled around for something to contribute to the thread, and that's how I discovered that Macross Frontier existed. The season was already halfway through by that time, so I started bittorrenting w/ haste, because I love Macross .

Then, when I started up the first episode, I was blown away by Triangler. I probably watched the OP 50+ times that day.

Part of this must be due to not watching anime in a while, but I felt like a kid again. The sights and sounds were so beautiful.

So congrats to them. They totally deserve their award.
Old 2008-09-24, 23:06   Link #939
osdes11

I'd have a to take a closer look at all the lyrics between the songs to see which songs from Macross F would be most befitting for the series. I have no doubt however, that Triangular is a nice fit. It's pretty awesome that it won the Best Theme Song award.
osdes11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 03:03   Link #940
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluWacky View Post
EDIT: why the certainty that there will be a third OST? Anime CDs don't make much money anyway - I know that the first OST sold well but there's no guarantee that will last to a third CD when the show is long over. Plenty of Kanno shows don't end up with all their music collected on disc (Arjuna springs immediately to mind), and as much as I'd like to be optimistic in the short-term memories of anime fans Frontier will be in the distant past by the time any new soundtrack comes around.
Oh come on Blue XD If Macross Plus can get 3 OSTS and with the amount of insert songs and bgms not on the first two osts don't make you think a 3rd ost is on the way than the sales should. And yes the sales might not be as good as the first two but even if it does say half of ost 1... 75k for ost 3 would still make it... what a top 5 anime ost seller for the year?

They would be silly not to release a 3rd ost... people want Aimo by Maaya, Don't Be Late Remix, Diamond Crevasse 50/50 and they can always put Lion on there and non stage versions of Welcome to my Fanclub Night and What bout my star.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
music