AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-04-12, 11:33   Link #1721
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
I don't think this would change the mangaka's intentions. This seems like connecting unnecessary dots...
I was the one who got annoyed at their "criticism" that was more like butthhurt.

Of course, there is a difference between holding hands and falling sleep.

So yeah, the cult still isn't satisfied with this chapter cuz they do wasn't it to be intentional and not just fortuite.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 11:35   Link #1722
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX View Post
I did not say there was a drop in sales, but the first volume has not reached 15 000 copies.
Then just like what Stark said, you're connecting unnecessary dots.

This was never really going to sell gangbusters regardless of complaints or not- it's a side project that is basically 'for fun'.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 12:14   Link #1723
LG-MAX

I understand what you mean, I'm just evaluating a series was being reasonably well received, there was good reviews about it, and soon after that chapter, already were destroying it, maybe I can're exaggerating, but since a certain event what happened in seiken no blacksmith, I started to developed a hatred of criticism about things that are not related to the plot of the story.
LG-MAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 13:46   Link #1724
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX View Post
I understand what you mean, I'm just evaluating a series was being reasonably well received, there was good reviews about it, and soon after that chapter, already were destroying it, maybe I can're exaggerating, but since a certain event what happened in seiken no blacksmith, I started to developed a hatred of criticism about things that are not related to the plot of the story.
Since Seiken no Blacksmith?

You mean you weren't around during Kannagi ?
Old 2014-04-12, 13:50   Link #1725
Miraluka
Banned

SnB was the rape incident if my memory is right.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 13:52   Link #1726
LG-MAX

Quote:
You mean you weren't around during Kannagi ?
I did not give much importance to it at the time.
Old 2014-04-12, 14:36   Link #1727
tsunade666

lol chaoz reminds me of how outrageous and dumb the dumbfans are. Remembering kannagi event where it was revealed she had a boyfriend before which results on fans burning their kannagi goods.... oh gawd.... dumbfans lots of them.
Old 2014-04-12, 22:13   Link #1728
Miraluka
Banned

Looking at that blog, yeah, they still wanted more than just that... the cult...is creepy.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2014-04-12 at 22:45.
Old 2014-04-12, 22:38   Link #1729
Chosen_Hero

Well, you have to take into account that fan response is very important foe any media, it's a bad move to anger a fanbase (especially whem the vast majority likes something and you just ignore them, the backlash is powerfull, look at gaming).

I will admit that I'm one of those people that dispises the idea of Touma and index as a couple (to me they don't give of that kind of feeling, my personal opinion mind you) and sometimes it does bother me how some fans react to somethings.

II'm not going to say either side is right, but I will say that catering to your fans isn't that bad of an idea. In my opinion if a writer can adapt to fan response and do it well that's the signs of an amazing writer, even if he trolls us almost every volume.
Old 2014-04-12, 22:46   Link #1730
Miraluka
Banned

Pleasing your fans because they like A or B character will derail the series on the long run. Just look at Naruto and Kishi's situation with the emo avenger Sasuke.

EDIT:

What this publication was about?

http://dengekibunko.dengeki.com/newr...4-04-891566-3/

Last edited by Miraluka; 2014-04-12 at 23:15.
Old 2014-04-13, 01:08   Link #1731
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

^

It's the Index/Railgun 4koma anthology series, remember?
Old 2014-04-13, 01:35   Link #1732
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Pleasing your fans because they like A or B character will derail the series on the long run. Just look at Naruto and Kishi's situation with the emo avenger Sasuke.

EDIT:

What this publication was about?

http://dengekibunko.dengeki.com/newr...4-04-891566-3/
I will always say that Sasuke was just plain bias, ruined the whole manga (seriously can't stand him).
Old 2014-04-13, 03:03   Link #1733
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Sasuke was never really entertaining for me, Naruto the character along with maybe kakashi made the show for a bit. imo
anyways I'm not apposed to writers pleasing fans, sometimes they made the overall story better. Although I guess that's what you call a breakout character (for one example;(Yom From Ga-Rei: Zero(granted its a prequel)).

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 17:02   Link #1734
LG-MAX

chapter 80 raw finally came out, were 27 pages of explanations about the Croce di Pietro, that part in the anime must have lasted about 4 or 5 minutes, is nice the manga add details, but I would not mind if that part were summarized. the high points of the chapter were illustration of Saint Peter crucified and Oriana (that was beautiful design), and of course, the District 23 being shown.
Old 2014-04-15, 17:03   Link #1735
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

How many chapters in total is the Daihaiseisai now on the Index side?

I'm almost worried it will take a Railgun route here.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 17:16   Link #1736
LG-MAX

began in chapter 66, currently in Chapter 80 (ends with Touma, Styil, Tsuchimikado take the subway to go to the District 23)

My prediction - should have a few more 3 or 4 chapters , and in exactly in 2 years we will see the Accelerator massacring the hound Dogs.
Old 2014-04-15, 17:21   Link #1737
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

is Index manga really that slow?

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 17:25   Link #1738
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Thanks, LG.

And I think it's monthly like Railgun? Every issue of Shonen Gangan.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 17:29   Link #1739
LG-MAX

Quote:
is Index manga really that slow?
Index manga is not slow, it's Kamachi writes fast the books. and there things are explained (different from the anime that is too rushed)

Quote:
And I think it's monthly like Railgun? Every issue of Shonen Gangan.
yes. the chapters have an average of 30 pages and the designer of the series does not take a month's break there 3 years.
Old 2014-04-16, 21:44   Link #1740
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

You know guys... even though I like Fairy Tail's music a lot in the anime, Naruto's my favorite shonen world...

The latest arc was fantastic... you guys are really hating on them too much IMO... I also like the filler. It makes the world bigger.

Also, the mangas are monthly and provide extra background information to the setting. It may be that eventually, they'll be used for some important plots in arcs. Even though Kamachi has seemed to avoid using anything from outside the novels in the main series, except the movie reference last volume.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen