AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Eden of the East

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-28, 01:38   Link #181
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
If only it would be that easy .
Or you indeed believe everything the way they present it in the show? Don't tell me, I'm the only one here who expects such things later on, like *gasps* "Plot twists", or that some characters are lying on purpose?
I almost alway keep that in mind. But I wish i didn't because then hardly anything is a surprise anyone.
Old 2009-05-28, 07:08   Link #182
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Argh please I don't really want this show to turn into another Code Geass!

If we detatch ourselves from any sense of reality we'll end up suspecting Akira's dog of being the outsider.

Because winged dogs are definitely strange

Old 2009-05-28, 08:15   Link #183
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

No, winged dogs are an indication of an owners strange tastes.
Old 2009-05-28, 08:42   Link #184
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Well I wouldn't go as far to suspect Akira's dog (Why is that dog having wings anyway? Can he fly by any chance?), but I definitely take everything with a pinch of salt, when the sources are a bit dubious, and can be easily proven wrong. For example all the information from Diana or Kondo, or the claim that Kondo carelessly sent a wrong message to his wife (yeah right...).
And hell no! I don't want to see such bizarre Sunrise plot twists, like CG or Sora Kake here neither, but I can't help but feel, we are being deceived with a few fake clues somewhere. The best example would be Ohsugi <=> rapist where both possibilities can be easily rebuked.

Anyway, you folks still remember the previews translated several pages ago?
Spoiler for ep8, ep9, previews spoiler:
Old 2009-05-28, 08:47   Link #185
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I say that Akira's dog is the reincarnation of Kanon's Ayu

See they even got the same "hair" color!

Old 2009-05-28, 08:51   Link #186
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I was actually thinking the same think when I first saw thatdog.

It would've been so much better if the dog went "uguu!"
Old 2009-05-28, 09:01   Link #187
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Well, speaking of Kanon, if the Fox-girl managed to "shapeshift" from a fox into a human form, I have no reason to doubt ~Uguu~ could do it in a reverse order and become a dog. Albeit the dog here in Eden of the East might seem a bit more intelligent for me, ( JK no offense ).

The doggy might be also the same sub-species as the glorious Winged Pig of Squad 7 of the Valkyria universe.
Old 2009-05-28, 09:17   Link #188
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Oh I thought you weren't going to watch VC, changed your mind? ^^

Anyway I think that pig isn't cute at all, I just wish it could become sausages and hams and stop bothering.

Back on the dogs topic, if we are talking about intelligent dogs then Ein from Cowboy Bebop comes to mind. But when I said that the dog could be the outsider I was rater thinking about a dog in Eden (the manga)

Spoiler for Eden:

Old 2009-05-28, 09:20   Link #189
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Spoiler for Eden:
It would be very funny then if the dog turned out to be Mr. OUTSIDE.
Old 2009-05-28, 09:33   Link #190
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Spoiler for OT:

Anyway back on topic and being SRS, I hope it's not going to be true, and he doesn't have any such special role in the series. I'm inclined to believe the doggy's (why don't he has a name? I just noticed his name is Mameshiba) main purpose here is to further appeal to the younger, primarily female viewers by simply being cute and charming.
However, it is also interesting to note that (just like almost every human characters of the show) the puppy can also blush. I don't really know what to think about it, since the first episode showed us an African American woman blushing too, and while I know it can visually happen with lighter black skin, I doubt her skin was capable of doing that, and there is no way I'm going to believe that a dog is going to embarrassedly blush with red cheeks. (・ิ_・)

Edit: Additionally Kaoru explained to us earlier in the general thread somewhere, that the artist doesn't like it when they are taking pictures of her, and she uses a blushing cute Bear (Kuma-chan) instead, whenever they need an image.
So I imagine the constant blushing, even among animals is just the way she illustrates the characters, and there isn't any significance in it.

Last edited by izmosmolnar; 2009-05-28 at 10:02.
Old 2009-05-28, 10:23   Link #191
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Well I think the blush effect is to take as a visual effect that doesn't actually happen. Like the "giant sweat drop" or the "bursting vein". They are merely iconic visual effects whose only purpose is to graphically represent the emotions of the characters and as such even an african american woman and a dog can "blush".

Old 2009-05-28, 11:42   Link #192
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

Rosy cheeks!

Speaking of the dog, I saw it one day when I was walking to the pet-store ( without the wings of course lol) A lady was walking it to her car and you wouldn't believe how excited I was xD Then my dad looked at me like I was crazy. The dog was so ridiculously cute.

To be honest, I've decided to ditch the Welsh Corgi ( Ein ) and go for the Mame-shiba.
Yes, anime encourages me to buy dogs.

~Uguu
Old 2009-05-29, 07:07   Link #193
silverya

Interestingly enough, the blog's synopsis for episode 9 is a little different from the spoilers.

Click at your own risk: http://community.livejournal.com/ede...14.html#cutid1
Old 2009-05-29, 07:19   Link #194
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Spoiler for episode9 synopsis:

Old 2009-05-29, 07:30   Link #195
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Spoiler for about the preview of ep9:

Last edited by izmosmolnar; 2009-05-29 at 17:04.
Old 2009-05-29, 14:54   Link #196
golthin

Spoiler for about ep9:
Old 2009-05-29, 14:59   Link #197
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I'll have to see to come to a definitive judgment however yeah, a competent programmer knows how to completely delete any data beyond recovery.

Old 2009-05-29, 15:09   Link #198
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Spoiler for about ep9:
But the history erase request was something No.9 asked for. It's not something the organization did or enforced to cover up anything. You're assuming they WANT to erase the data. I'm sure if No.9 specifically said "I want all history up to a certain point erased from my phone, and I want to ensure that the information can never be recovered in any way whatsoever." then that request would be carried out and it would possibly have cost even more.
Old 2009-05-29, 15:22   Link #199
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Yeah, don't forget that the "purchase history erase" was kinda cheap for 40 yen (~4 Dollar 20 Cent) (SOURCE ; credit goes to silverya, thanks again)

So it's not impossible, it was just a half-assed order to delete 2 months worth of records from someone, and a more thorough order could cost more than just 40 Yen.
Or it's also possible Akira might have actually ordered Juiz to delete records in such a way, that the new-Akira could recover it, when he tries.

The thing bothering me, is that the whole thing starts looking, like it was actually his idea to memory-whipe himself for whatever reason, despite that I'd like to blame #1 for that (Somehow this "JUST AS PLANNED" sort of strategy-plans don't seem like Akira's style IMHO)

Last edited by izmosmolnar; 2009-05-29 at 17:13. Reason: correction
Old 2009-05-29, 17:04   Link #200
silverya

Actually no, the 900 yen is for the memory wipe. The 'purchase history erase' is 40 yen. I did a translation of the table about a week ago, found here:

http://community.livejournal.com/ede...13.html#cutid1

Will update it at some point. Anyway, most if not all the new entries have appeared in the subs. Rather amusing to see 11 bought back the hotel from 9 :9
Closed Thread