AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-14, 17:49   Link #621
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
I was trying to say she uses clichés to be unique

I agree she is not cliché. But she has a lot of clichés alements (tsundere, god mode sue...), and use then to be unique.

About your analyse, I don't think it is really important be correct. The thinking process by itself is good enough. You said many things I never thought about the show, giving me a new vision about it. At same time, I said things you never thought(the pony tail scene, at last), giving you a new perspective abut Haruhi character (hopefully).

She is still the antagonist on E8(book5), and maybe some chapters of book6 I am nor remembering. But, yeah, chronologically, never after Disappearance.
Oh... now I see what you're saying. Yeah, Haruhi uses cliches (adding several on top of each other) to become unique - yes, I'd agree with that.

It's interesting that you call Haruhi an antagonist. I suppose she frequently serves a role like that.
Old 2009-08-14, 17:57   Link #622
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
It's interesting that you call Haruhi an antagonist. I suppose she frequently serves a role like that.
For the first three books, at last. She is the one causing trobles and making Kyon having to fix it. The exceptions being Lone Island and Banboo Leaf.
Old 2009-08-14, 20:38   Link #623
iHateApril3rd2009
Be Patient.

so whats the most interesting event in sighs?

the part where kyon tries to hit haruhi?
Old 2009-08-14, 20:59   Link #624
TakariCritic

I'd say so. It's certainly one of the highest points where we see Haruhi at her worst, and Kyon actually lose his patience with her.
Old 2009-08-15, 02:34   Link #625
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Quote:
Each of these animes feature arguably equally unique schools...
Asura Cryin' (Klein?).I'll be surprised if you could find a school weirder than this (at least on the government, as in student council related, level).
Old 2009-08-15, 14:05   Link #626
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

Send a message via MSN to Jonbob0008
Quote:
Originally Posted by iHateApril3rd2009 View Post
so whats the most interesting event in sighs?

the part where kyon tries to hit haruhi?
Spoiler for yeah...:
Old 2009-08-15, 14:11   Link #627
Heatth

Also when Itsuki explain the importance of stop Haruhi and Yuki don't give a damn. And latter, when Mikuru states she don't either, and that she believes Kyon's shouldn't neither.

This was good to show how the other brigade members don't agree in most of their theorys, and to show that Itsuki can be talking bullshit since the start.
Old 2009-08-15, 14:29   Link #628
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Jonbob, you don't need to use spoiler tags here unless you're talking about another series. The thread title kinda spells out that there will be spoilers.

And... I'd say another good scene is Nagato scaring everyone else into complete silence (Haruhi included) simply by walking to her seat... while "showing off" her witch costume for the first time.

... Damn I hope they don't ruin that.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-08-15, 15:26   Link #629
A. Esbee
Suffused with Sound

Kyon's going off on Taniguchi for insulting the movie and his "apology" to Haruhi will be good to see, assuming you're a Kyon/Haruhi shipper.

If you're looking for fic ...
LJ FFN
Old 2009-08-15, 17:06   Link #630
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

I'll be honest, I reread "the scene" and the apology thaty came afterwards. I can't help but feel like it came too soon. I would've given Haruhi an extra day to stew in her depression at least.
Old 2009-08-15, 19:50   Link #631
A. Esbee
Suffused with Sound

The first time I read it, I thought so too, but I think Taniguchi's comment just prompted Kyon to realize he regretted it. As much as Haruhi deserved it, he could have seriously hurt her.

If you're looking for fic ...
LJ FFN
Old 2009-08-16, 00:31   Link #632
baltakatei

I'm interested in how they'll illustrate Koizumi's explanations that Haruhi changed the Earth's precession a bit, how she revived the extinct Passenger Pigeon, and especially Nagato's repeated efforts to save Kyon from Mikuru's high-intensity lasers, hyper-velocity subatomic particles, miniature black holes, and rifle rounds.
Old 2009-08-16, 00:41   Link #633
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
While I'd love for Nagato's repeated "Pull Kyon's bacon out of the frying pan" moments to be given full attention, they'll probably just montage through it. They've done it a lot with these new eps...
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-08-16, 03:21   Link #634
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
While I'd love for Nagato's repeated "Pull Kyon's bacon out of the frying pan" moments to be given full attention, they'll probably just montage through it. They've done it a lot with these new eps...
But this time, they have 4 more episodes to cover ~2.5 episodes' worth of material. And with Tanigawa writing the episode scenarios for Sighs (well, at least Sighs I -- can anyone confirm this with a screenshot? I'm still waiting on a.f.k.'s release), I'm betting we're gonna get some anime-original material thrown in at some point.

Just a random thought on Tanigawa though -- with him helping out, maybe they're gonna bundle Novels 10 and 11 with the E8 DVDs!
Old 2009-08-16, 04:02   Link #635
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
But this time, they have 4 more episodes to cover ~2.5 episodes' worth of material. And with Tanigawa writing the episode scenarios for Sighs (well, at least Sighs I -- can anyone confirm this with a screenshot? I'm still waiting on a.f.k.'s release), I'm betting we're gonna get some anime-original material thrown in at some point.

Just a random thought on Tanigawa though -- with him helping out, maybe they're gonna bundle Novels 10 and 11 with the E8 DVDs!
Sighs is not that small. This episode just covered chapter1 and a little of chapter2, there are 5 + prologue (not epilogue, though. Live A Live already covered this).

Some major scenes, like the first Mikuru Beam and Itsuki's babble at restaurant, should get more screentime, so 4 more episodes is not that much.

People thinks Sighs is small because few things happens. But they talk a lot, and most of that talk is important, so it will take a lot of screentime to show it all.
Old 2009-08-17, 09:21   Link #636
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

From the other (anti-spoiler) thread:
Quote:
Those highlights, though somewhat understated, where in Episode00 too.
Not really. Why can Shamisen talk? Yuki bites Mikuru. Thrice. None of that is even hinted at in Episode 00. Haruhi's powers are, essentially, absent from the final product, as Kyon edited any mention they might have had out.

Last edited by spawnofthejudge; 2009-08-17 at 09:45.
Old 2009-08-17, 09:39   Link #637
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Not really. Why can Shamisen talk? Yuki <i>bites Mikuru</i>. <i>Thrice</i>. None of that is even hinted at in Episode 00. Haruhi's powers are, essentially, absent from the final product, as Kyon edited any mention they might have had out.
Hey, if you're looking forward to the rest of Sighs, more power to you.

I'm just trying to explain why some people don't particularly care about it. Hopefully they'll be pleasantly surprised, as per what you're writing here.
Old 2009-08-17, 09:45   Link #638
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Hey, if you're looking forward to the rest of Sighs, more power to you.

I'm just trying to explain why some people don't particularly care about it. Hopefully they'll be pleasantly surprised, as per what you're writing here.
Actually, I hated Episode 00 and liked Sighs better... though that's like saying I like it more than sh*t.
Old 2009-08-17, 09:52   Link #639
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Actually, I hated Episode 00 and liked Sighs better... though that's like saying I like it more than sh*t.
LOL! I found Episode00 cute myself... but that's because it was so bad it was good, imo.
Old 2009-08-17, 10:29   Link #640
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

Quote:
Not really. Why can Shamisen talk? Yuki bites Mikuru. Thrice. None of that is even hinted at in Episode 00. Haruhi's powers are, essentially, absent from the final product, as Kyon edited any mention they might have had out.
Not to mention the odd disclaimer at the end of the movie. It was very important, actually.
Closed Thread