AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-06, 19:06   Link #121
Chishio no Hana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nifty View Post
Well, that's just us. Most fangirls, as far as I know, do in fact think anime!Kanon. One of my fangirl friends says it's because the VN art is so godawful in her opinion that it's just more convenient for her.

I swear sometime soon I just HAVE to write a parody of that. Ironically, it's these same self-insert types that claim to be Kanon/Jessi fangirls. Way to go, shippers.

Also, no thread for that stuff at all. And quite frankly, the Umineko community is so littered with badfics that it's probably better off this way.
Kanon in the anime is *squee* but the VN art isn't that good at portraying his gorgeousness. However, the VN art seems almost how a Kanon plushie would look like.

behold the terrors of Mary Sue....
Old 2009-11-06, 19:10   Link #122
Nifty
ɹǝqɯǝɯ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chishio no Hana View Post
Kanon in the anime is *squee* but the VN art isn't that good at portraying his gorgeousness. However, the VN art seems almost how a Kanon plushie would look like.
Different appeals.
Anime - Bishie. Appeals to a wider female fanbase.
VN - Shota. Appeals to...well, shotacons. Not that that's a bad thing. Younger men FTW.

Personally, I like both for their own types of appeal. Although I'm just a wee bit biased towards the shota.
Old 2009-11-06, 19:12   Link #123
Chishio no Hana

well, I saw thsi shot of the Vn where he has tears at teh corner of his eyes. I just want to take him home...
Old 2009-11-06, 19:14   Link #124
ameskitty
Kupo

Character-wise, I'd say he's more of a moe character (yes, a rare male) than an actual shota (16 is not that young...at least for me still ). But yeah, the art makes him look kind of like a shota. Then again what moe girl art doesn't make 16-year-old girls look like lolis?

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
Old 2009-11-06, 19:16   Link #125
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
Or maybe we're all shotacons like Jessi-chan.
Yeah

Anime-Jessica: "Kanon-kun, you really came!!" *looks up to him*
Friends: "JEssi is really into little kids"

-.-

Quote:
I swear sometime soon I just HAVE to write a parody of that. Ironically, it's these same self-insert types that claim to be Kanon/Jessi fangirls. Way to go, shippers.
Parodies are always loved by me xDD
Yeah it's strange how can someone be a shipper if you sink you own ship in your fantasies?

Quote:
Oh geez, those make me sick >: P. Stupid OCs in general really bother me.
Take it easy. *Shot for touhou reference*

Quote:
Also, no thread for that stuff at all. And quite frankly, the Umineko community is so littered with badfics that it's probably better off this way.
Well I thik there are good ones..well they are rare really rare...but I for example would be more motivated to post certain fanfictions. (I mostly chick out posting them somewhere) cause there would be a place to really discuss (I need help with my english writing). I think there should be one.

I'm on the side who likes SHota Kanon better...I always liked shotas more I guess. Shotas for the win~
Old 2009-11-06, 19:21   Link #126
ameskitty
Kupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
Take it easy. *Shot for touhou reference*
(yukkuri~!)

Bah, I just really dislike badfic (and in general I only like really, really good or really, really cracky fanfics) :P. Although sometimes I forget that most of the people writing them are young and forgivable.

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
Old 2009-11-06, 19:23   Link #127
Nifty
ɹǝqɯǝɯ

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_rogue View Post
Character-wise, I'd say he's more of a moe character (yes, a rare male) than an actual shota (16 is not that young...at least for me still ). But yeah, the art makes him look kind of like a shota. Then again what moe girl art doesn't make 16-year-old girls look like lolis?
Kanon for SaiMoe 2010. He's girly-looking enough that the voters won't even notice he's a dude.
Dissenters will be shot on sight.

I am SO writing that parody. Sometime.
Old 2009-11-06, 19:27   Link #128
Chishio no Hana

I have a question. Why is Kanon always compared to Lelouch? Because last time I checked, he wasn't an exiled prince, he didn't have a blind sister, he's not in charge of a rebellion (oh gosh.... Kanon of the furniture rebellion) and he doesn't have an immortal witch folliwng him that's obsessed with pizza...
Old 2009-11-06, 19:28   Link #129
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
Kanon for SaiMoe 2010. He's girly-looking enough that the voters won't even notice he's a dude.
Dissenters will be shot on sight.

I am SO writing that parody. Sometime.
He is gonna pwn Shannon, Jessica and Maria for sure.

Quote:
Bah, I just really dislike badfic (and in general I only like really, really good or really, really cracky fanfics) :P. Although sometimes I forget that most of the people writing them are young and forgivable.
Yeah, everyone starts like this once. Damni it this makes me feel old again ^^;;
But there is also the problem that a lot of Umineko fans are not english natives and tehrefore have problems with english grammmar and writing. (If I weren't so scared of being scolded for my grammar I would have posted some long itme ago)

Quote:
I have a question. Why is Kanon always compared to Lelouch? Because last time I checked, he wasn't an exiled prince, he didn't have a blind sister, he's not in charge of a rebellion (oh gosh.... Kanon of the furniture rebellion) and he doesn't have an immortal witch folliwng him that's obsessed with pizza..
It's the skinny look, I guess. And the Zero (on the roulette) thing. I don't really like to compare them...the comparison with Secchan from negima is a lot more fitting in my opinion
Old 2009-11-06, 19:28   Link #130
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That's only because they haven't offered Beatrice any pizza.
Old 2009-11-06, 19:38   Link #131
Nifty
ɹǝqɯǝɯ

Quote:
he wasn't an exiled prince
DEVIL'S PROOF

Quote:
he didn't have a blind sister
He does have a pretend-sister blinded by love though~

Quote:
he's not in charge of a rebellion
Yet.

Quote:
he doesn't have an immortal witch folliwng him that's obsessed with pizza...
Unfortunately. Instead, he has an immortal witch breathing down his neck that's obsessed with domination.

Quote:
Why is Kanon always compared to Lelouch?
1. Compare anime!Kanon with Lelouch side by side. They look pretty damn similar, I'd say. Although Kanon looks much, much more like Ciel Phantomhive than Lelouch.
2. Zero on Roulette
3. Fangirls
Old 2009-11-06, 19:46   Link #132
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
D'aaaw~ and what is Kanon? colorblinded by emo-ness?

But to be honest how come conversation in this thread or with you guys in general tend to get to random (I still remember the colorblind one, or the children one, or the one about him being scared of woman with big breasts?)

Being serious. Am I the only one who get the feeling Kanon and his relationship wit Jessica devoleps every episode. I remember in Ep 1 it was a one-sided crush, in Ep 2 it was mutual liking drama version and in Ep 3 both confessed their love (in a magic scene but...) ....isn't that strange
Old 2009-11-06, 19:46   Link #133
Chishio no Hana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nifty View Post
DEVIL'S PROOF

Yet.

Unfortunately. Instead, he has an immortal witch breathing down his neck that's obsessed with domination.

1. Compare anime!Kanon with Lelouch side by side. They look pretty damn similar, I'd say. Although Kanon looks much, much more like Ciel Phantomhive than Lelouch.
2. Zero on Roulette
3. Fangirls
Oh gosh, the fanfiction ideas...

true.

Again, Kanon of the furniture rebellion.

I'm a Lelouch fangirl and I don't think Kanon and Lelouch are similar..

Could it be possible that Kanon remembers the previous games, and therefore is trying to use his time with Jessica wisely?
Old 2009-11-07, 00:17   Link #134
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
well, I saw thsi shot of the Vn where he has tears at teh corner of his eyes. I just want to take him home...
That's not an official art ^^; you have probably seen the "tachi" that I edited for my yonkoma.

Spoiler for moe kanon:

Old 2009-11-12, 19:22   Link #135
Snickripep
I like MUDKIPZ! :3

Uuuu~ Kanon!
I really didn't like him at first, but he's quickly becoming one of my favorite characters.
Old 2009-12-01, 23:26   Link #136
Ljusalfheim

He`s my favorite character from Umineko . I don`t like the art of the VN, but in the anime and manga it`s good
Old 2009-12-01, 23:57   Link #137
Tsuyi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
That's not an official art ^^; you have probably seen the "tachi" that I edited for my yonkoma.

Spoiler for moe kanon:
Oh man, that was one of my favorite yonkoma of yours, partly because of moe~Kanon xD;

I think the name Kanon fits him too much...Kanon in itself is a pretty bishie name. I can only imagine him with an equally bishie name that starts with Ka- like Kai or Kaoru.
Old 2009-12-05, 16:34   Link #138
kanonsgurl321
Kanon-kun's greatest fan!

It's great that this place has a thread for each character (hehe, sorry, I'm new!): finally I can talk about Kanon with other fans. *_*

I think Ryuukishi did a great job with him: I mean, he's not your typical, cute character; he's also so... complex! His personality, his relationship with Jessica and Shannon... *A* I wish there were more characters like him! Speaking of which, I read that someone said that Kanon-kun and Lelouch are similar? I think it's true! They're both deep characters with tragic pasts (okay, we don't know Kanon's yet, but, we know he's an orphan and all, and just look at him now T_T he must have suffered so much!). It's really easy to relate to them because they're just so... human. (And of course, they're both bishies tehehe! *is a fangirl too deep down*)

I think the relationship with Jessica gives Kanon a lot of depth: even though he doesn't return her feelings, it's clear that he doesn't want to hurt her deep down: he is human, even if he thinks he's only furniture.

Anyway, nice to meet you all, other Kanon-lovers!!

Last edited by kanonsgurl321; 2009-12-05 at 17:03.
Old 2009-12-05, 17:32   Link #139
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Ehhhh~ your name says it all ehehehehe ^^
Well there is no need for him to have a tragic past at all. Being an oprhan could be enough and there are even people who arejust like that. also I don't see much similairites with Lulu. Lulu is completly different character wise and from the appearance at all. And I have to object something here
Quote:
even though he doesn't return her feelings,
Is wrong. In the original VN he once confess to his sister that hew always liked her and in the third one he confesses her love to her (in a magic scene but who cares about the details ) Both cut from the anime
Old 2009-12-05, 17:42   Link #140
Chishio no Hana

We know he was orphaned before the age of six (because Shannon left then and she knew him at the orphanage) so he was orphaned, grew close to someone, and then that person was taken away from him. That could create the emo-ness, especially if he saw his parents die or they had a brutal death. Or if he had been abused.
Closed Thread