AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2013-01-17, 15:21   Link #7741
tyson123g
Kaizoku-ō Ni Ore Wa Naru

I know it must have been asked again and again, but is there any possible way to play the game on Android and PSP with english patch (talking about the portable version that came out with the PS3)?
Old 2013-01-17, 15:35   Link #7742
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

Considering that the PSP version is a port of the PS3 version and it works on an entirely different engine: the answer is no. If you don't know japanese then do it like everyone else: with the PC version running on a PC near you.
GabrieliosP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 16:36   Link #7743
battle22

Quote:
Considering that the PSP version is a port of the PS3 version and it works on an entirely different engine: the answer is no.
You will be surprised to know that PS3 game actually was made in onscripter at first, When I look at the script, there is the "ONS INFLUENCE" , Even more in Higurashis PS2 first port, that game is actually runing a PS2 Onscripter port (With some additional data of course) , Also this does not mean that it's possible to insert the English text, well it IS Possible of course but..Who in the right mind would do that, would take so much time.. (For a single person)

Last edited by battle22; 2013-01-17 at 16:47.
battle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 16:59   Link #7744
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Whether it is possible to do or not isn't the question: in term of available legal options, there are none for either PS3 or the PSP version. That's all and as already explained before: these 2 versions are not meant to be used with anything other than their original respective plateform, and we aren't going to screw our relationship with 07th Expansion and Hobibox, especially for that kind of stuff.
Old 2013-01-23, 00:02   Link #7745
tantei okuoku
Mystery Otaku

is all of tsubasa translated, and if not what parts are not translated and should I read it and hane after I read episode 8? or would it be better to read it during?

Last edited by tantei okuoku; 2013-01-23 at 01:23.
tantei okuoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 04:49   Link #7746
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Only a partial patch is available. The parts that have not been translated are stories 5, 11, some of 13, 15 and the Postscript).

I would only read Tsubasa and Hane after finishing Episode 8.
Old 2013-02-18, 16:32   Link #7747
Auria

Not sure if this question is right here, if it isn't, excuse me please.

I'm searching for physical copies (since it's a gift I don't really want to go the hobibox way) of Umineko 4 and 8 (so yes, the too DVDs) but they seem to be sold out no matter where I look except Amazon, and that has really horrendous shipping prices... If someone has a hint where to look for better offers, I'd really appreciate it! (Japanese sites that ship to Europe are okay too)
Auria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 16:50   Link #7748
st_nick5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auria View Post
Not sure if this question is right here, if it isn't, excuse me please.

I'm searching for physical copies (since it's a gift I don't really want to go the hobibox way) of Umineko 4 and 8 (so yes, the too DVDs) but they seem to be sold out no matter where I look except Amazon, and that has really horrendous shipping prices... If someone has a hint where to look for better offers, I'd really appreciate it! (Japanese sites that ship to Europe are okay too)
Same question here, but for Higurashi. Been searching for months without success.
st_nick5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 18:48   Link #7749
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auria View Post
physical copies of Umineko 4 and 8
If you're looking for websites that will ship internationally, your best bets are probably Mandarake or Rakuten Global Market. Otherwise, there's always Melonbooks and Toranoana…

Quote:
Originally Posted by st_nick5 View Post
Same question here, but for Higurashi.
I'm going to assume you're looking for the Japanese versions, in which case you should know that it is not possible to play them in English, and the answer is the same as above.

For the record, anyone who is looking for English hardcopies of Higurashi will find that it's extremely widely available.
Old 2013-02-19, 05:36   Link #7750
st_nick5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yirba View Post
I'm going to assume you're looking for the Japanese versions, in which case you should know that it is not possible to play them in English, and the answer is the same as above.

For the record, anyone who is looking for English hardcopies of Higurashi will find that it's extremely widely available.
Yeah, I'm looking for the original Japanese copies. I did have them, but I moved house and they got lost in transit, along with a load of my other stuff. I know about the Mangagamer translation, but I've heard bad things about it and I'd much rather learn Japanese and read it in the original language than read a poor English translation.
Old 2013-02-24, 08:51   Link #7751
einhorn303

Quote:
Yeah, I'm looking for the original Japanese copies. I did have them, but I moved house and they got lost in transit, along with a load of my other stuff. I know about the Mangagamer translation, but I've heard bad things about it and I'd much rather learn Japanese and read it in the original language than read a poor English translation.
For the Mangagamer translation, there's actually a patch to improve the grammar and stuff, as well as other patches to alter the fonts and add in some music which wasn't available under copyright.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 11:21   Link #7752
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
For the Mangagamer translation, there's actually a patch to improve the grammar and stuff, as well as other patches to alter the fonts and add in some music which wasn't available under copyright.
There's a grammer patch? AFAIK, there's only the font patch, image patch, sound patch and interface patch.
Old 2013-02-24, 11:26   Link #7753
st_nick5

Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
Didn't know that. I'm not gonna go with Mangagamer though, I don't really want to support a company that releases such poor translations. I can understand a patch to add in the music they weren't able to include due to licensing issues, but requiring a fan-made patch to fix spelling and grammar errors shouldn't be necessary. I'd much rather learn Japanese and read the original PC games, but it looks like they're not in production anymore.
Old 2013-02-24, 12:14   Link #7754
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

Quote:
Didn't know that. I'm not gonna go with Mangagamer though, I don't really want to support a company that releases such poor translations. I can understand a patch to add in the music they weren't able to include due to licensing issues, but requiring a fan-made patch to fix spelling and grammar errors shouldn't be necessary. I'd much rather learn Japanese and read the original PC games, but it looks like they're not in production anymore.
Mangagamer's translation is not THAT bad. They improved a lot in Kai, though the first four arcs left much to desire...
Old 2013-02-24, 12:26   Link #7755
Drifloon

The whole thing kind of forces you to adjust to a bizarre warped form of Engrish before you can get properly immersed in it, though. I still ended up thoroughly enjoying the story, but I still wouldn't say that the translation was at all 'good'.

In particular, the way they kept saying "June of the 58th year of the Shouwa era" instead of just "June 1983" drove me nuts.
Drifloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 12:50   Link #7756
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifloon View Post
The whole thing kind of forces you to adjust to a bizarre warped form of Engrish before you can get properly immersed in it, though. I still ended up thoroughly enjoying the story, but I still wouldn't say that the translation was at all 'good'.

In particular, the way they kept saying "June of the 58th year of the Shouwa era" instead of just "June 1983" drove me nuts.
That because the story does say "June of the 58th year of the Shouwa era" in japanese. R07 coud just have said the year like he does in Umineko, but used this format in Higurashi.
Old 2013-02-24, 13:58   Link #7757
st_nick5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrieliosP View Post
That because the story does say "June of the 58th year of the Shouwa era" in japanese. R07 coud just have said the year like he does in Umineko, but used this format in Higurashi.
I imagine the line works when saying it in Japanese, but in English it's too much of a mouthful. They could have just said "June 1983", and it would have had the same meaning. More meaning in fact, as most English speakers won't know what year the 58th year of Shouwa was.
Old 2013-07-03, 09:53   Link #7758
Uberzaki

Hi guys, so I've been rereading Umineko from the beginning (I'm at EP3) and I have been making notes in microsoft word. I've accumulated about 4000 words so far, but I find my brain works better with diagrams. What I want to do is create a notebook which will have mind maps and pictures to help better with my notetaking.

What I would like help with is I would like to get high resolution versions of the ingame character sprites (not just their upper body) for printing and sticking into the notebook.

Is it possible to obtain them, and if so how?

-----------------------------------

Umineko no Naku Koro Ni Name Meanings and Origins
Uberzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 10:03   Link #7759
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Unfortunately, the TIPs versions of the character sprites (which are full-body) are relatively small, basically no larger than the in-game ones. The only way you could get "high resolution" full-body sprites would be to find the TIPs versions from the Alchemist PS3 version of the game, and I have no idea what resolution those sprites are and I don't think people can link them anyway.

To get the regular full-body sprites out of the game images, you'd need to extract them from arc.nsa and look in the tips folders. There should be full-body sprites of everyone there, but they'll only be about 480 pixels in height.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 10:21   Link #7760
Uberzaki

Well, I'm not gonna do something illegal after expending so much effort trying to get the doujin games legally. The full body sprites from the tips will have to do, I'm using an A5 notebook after all.

Thanks for the help Renall

-----------------------------------

Umineko no Naku Koro Ni Name Meanings and Origins
Uberzaki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation