AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-17, 23:53   Link #201
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I'm surprised and impressed that White Fox has made no effort to soften the blow at all here. It's still ice-cold with basically no exposition. I love that about the manga, but I hope the gamble pays off.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 00:31   Link #202
lordblazer
Radical Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
There's too many 'Loco" in this anime... Koko is just spreading it like "crazy"....

BTW... I been wondering...

How come there's no one complaining about what's happening at all?

I mean... free for all shootings, missile launching, dead people and blood everywhere...

Someone must have saw something?... yet... no one is saying anything... LOL

It's like these Arms Dealers all have "License to Kill"... where no matter who they kill, they can just kept on killing none stop, LOL...

An example in episode one...
Spoiler for .:
I can answer this because this happens in the real world too. Seeing that this is my field (conflict analysis and resolution). with a strong background in int'l affairs. And having spent some time in conflict zones. I can definitely tell you that they do get reported, but information is manipulated always. Not only that, but most conflicts are low-intensity conflicts. often not going to make headlines. Heck there are full fledged civil wars occurring as we speak today, and they're not making headlines at all. One thing that militaries, armed groups, and militias have been doing lately is getting better at information warfare. This is kinda why I do have high respect for aid workers and journalist who are constantly putting themselves on the line because often they are deliberate targets. Anyway what I am enjoying about this show is that it is following an arms dealer. One of the most unsavory people you can ever have the opportunity to meet, even here in the US. Anyway with more guns and bullets than people on the planet, and conflicts arising everywhere. This anime is very relevant to what is happening today, and yes there is a HUGE boom when it comes to arms dealing. Second episode was good simply because of how she wanted out of the deal (was only gonna get a line of credit instead of cash). Anyway wanted to point out how in business companies, and individuals do poor jobs at paying their bills. XD Having worked in international trade in Istanbul I can attest to that. Though to be fair a lot of the failed transactions we had to cancel for our clients were businesses out of Syria, deals that never were completed because of the current conflict there.
lordblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 00:58   Link #203
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Official word is that DVD/Blu-Rays are out by 6/27

I'll try to get more seiyu announcements out there. For now, enjoy the fact that Shizuka and Masaya are working together after Blassreiter.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 02:45   Link #204
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akarin View Post
Koko was just a kid during the course of Black Lagoon.

Images
Black Lagoon Artbook - The Book of Venom
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Why am i not surprise. Then again both series are serialized in the same magazine. BTW, how does Revy react to young Koko?
Old 2012-04-18, 06:08   Link #205
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I'm surprised and impressed that White Fox has made no effort to soften the blow at all here. It's still ice-cold with basically no exposition. I love that about the manga, but I hope the gamble pays off.
I don't think it would work otherwise....that way is what I like about the manga. You get thrown into the thick of things head first.

Also...Koko's run for it is as funny animated as in the original. I was laughing with Jonah throughout the whole thing
Old 2012-04-18, 06:18   Link #206
warita
Dai-Youkai

Personally, i dont see why it is so shockign that there are arm dealers and that weapons are sold.

Warconflicts are not to be blamed on people, who sell weapons (although if you have a slight inclination to paranoia, you might argue that some conflicts are purposely provoqued to sell weapons and in some cases you might even be right), but on the averige weapon trade is a side effect of an already existing conflict and as in any other industry, this is a question of demand and supply.

My father works for a multinational company, that deals with technology of all kind. They produce flour mills, textile production machines...... and sadly also weapons. Does that make my father or any other people who work for the company criminals? Hardly!!!

The world is not a nice place and conflicts will always exist. It is nice to be ethical and say: "I would never sell weapons" but truth is, that weapons are a very luctrative market and if you dont sell them, somebody else will and the conflict will continue anyways.

Please dont get me wrong. I am not trying to say all of this is OK, I am against wars just like everybody else. I am trying to be pragmatic here..... and somewhat naive as well because I think, that if we are unhappy about people dying we should try to fix the root of the problem aka the conflict and do this in a non bloody way.
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 07:33   Link #207
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Good episode 2 , Koko is really clever & her acting is funny. Jonah laughed , that was cute
Can we expect some chara's development soon ?
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 07:51   Link #208
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.2 indeed this loco koko is really something.

yea also send other buyer team do all the shooting while koko & crew just run free without even shooting very koko-clever.

no wonder this is squad edition of black lagoon.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 08:38   Link #209
freshoutofthepan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
I've love to get my hands on some of those HCLI patches in Japan...
IDEA! I might actually try making one and velcro it somewhere..

And the CCAT guys definitely had it coming for them; who doesn't want revenge after having your own squadmates killed? And the scene where she says "REMOVE YOUR MAGAZINES AND FOLD YOUR STOCKS!" just had me laughing all the way. Somehow it felt a lot more awesome actually watching and listening to it than in the manga, lol.
freshoutofthepan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 08:56   Link #210
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akarin View Post
Koko was just a kid during the course of Black Lagoon.

Images
Black Lagoon Artbook - The Book of Venom
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Cross over by both authors or what?
Old 2012-04-18, 09:09   Link #211
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
-snip-
That wasn't what i was asking. I was asking how did Revy react to Koko. Did she find Koko cute, annoying, weird or something else?
Old 2012-04-18, 10:35   Link #212
Soul Strike
Lurker

I just got done watching the first 2 episodes.

I am going to have jump on the bandwagon with everyone else here. I first thoughts right off the bat was Black Lagoon. So much that I first felt like it was a clone in the same vain that every other f2p fantasy MMO made in the last 5 years are cheap WoW clones, but I changed my mind once I got done with episode 2. I still feel the influence but I get the feeling that this show can stand on its own legs. I don't know the manga material, maybe it's the same maybe it's not, but to me it feels like the Black Lagoon influence was a bit forced into the show. Like it's trying to ride the coat tails cause its afraid to stand on its own. But thats just me, I might be off base here.

Putting aside the Black Lagoon stuff, like see some good potential here. I get a sense that KoKo has a good tale to tell. I get a Lord of War vibe from her. To her, she seems to do what she does out of some need to fill a role thats needs to be played. Like she sells guns to maintain a balance of power kind of thing. I actually can't wait to see it.

Johan's deal is kinda eluding me though. I get his story and all. He had some traumatic experience and now works to get revenge against the weapons industry as a whole, but I don't get why he joins up with Koko's team. Maybe he's just using her to get to the people he wants to kill. But he seems like the badass loner type thats doesn't need anyone to get the those he wants to kill. I don't know the whole thing seems counter-productive to me.

Anyway we are only 2 episodes in and White Fox still needs to flesh it all out. Here's hoping!
Soul Strike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 11:07   Link #213
ookamigirl

Koko's fit at the beginning was LOL, she sure can make interesting faces ^^
This was one intense job that got complicated fast!
Interesting how Koko can smile in totally serious/life threatening situations.
Valmet has a total thing for Koko, there was a nice yuri moment.
Really nice episode.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 11:13   Link #214
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

What's especially interesting is that while they presented them with almost no changes, White Fox flipped the first two chapters. Which I suppose should tell you how little of a traditional introduction there was in the manga.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 11:22   Link #215
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Strike View Post
I just got done watching the first 2 episodes.

I am going to have jump on the bandwagon with everyone else here. I first thoughts right off the bat was Black Lagoon.
Err...no...I really really don't think that is so...

Koko and Balalaika are too damn different. The gang are no Hotel Moscow...Just as deadly perhaps but still, one retains some humanity, the other is completely effed up...
Old 2012-04-18, 11:44   Link #216
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Did I mention how much I love Jonathan and Koko? Then I'm mentioning that now.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 11:56   Link #217
Soul Strike
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Err...no...I really really don't think that is so...

Koko and Balalaika are too damn different. The gang are no Hotel Moscow...Just as deadly perhaps but still, one retains some humanity, the other is completely effed up...
Did you miss quote me here? I didn't make any mention about Balalaika or Hotel Moscow. Also I mentioned that I changed my mind about any parallels to Black Lagoon that I initially had.
Soul Strike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 12:18   Link #218
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

It's always a good sign when a good first episode is followed by an even better second episode. Itou Shizuka is the new Toyoguchi Megumi? She has her own way of doing things, but she's certainly doing the job. Koko is great. The bond of respect that's growing in Jonah is great, too.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 15:18   Link #219
GreatTeacherKen

I like Koko's facial expressions. I think they alone make her memorable as a character. Her default smile, which reminds me of a fox, alone says she's a sneaky and unpredictable girl.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 15:20   Link #220
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Like how the team didn't have to fire a single bullet and got away. Nice to see Jonah losen up a bit and laugh.

Tags
action, gunfights, seinen