AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-07-05, 16:10   Link #1821
NSXTACY

Anyone else think the ending song is a bad match for the end especially for this show....
NSXTACY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 17:12   Link #1822
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSXTACY View Post
Anyone else think the ending song is a bad match for the end especially for this show....
Not really. I can't explain it but it really fits for me personally. Even if it didn't fit it still an awesome song.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 17:22   Link #1823
NSXTACY

It's a good song, but not a great fit for the show. It's a very uprising song and the episodes always ended very emotionally or edgy so i just didn't find it a match. So when the episode was over that uprising song played and kinda ruined the mood for me. I wished they just played "Lilium" again, that song is a perfect fit for the show and it is a very beautiful, emotional song. It's not like they had a limit of using Lilium..lol, practically the only song in the show.

Also i had a question: How does the name Elfen Lied tie in to the story? I know it means elf song but what does it symbolize....? I was thinking myself it was like The diclonius were "elfs"(because their horns look like elf ears) and it was their song...their time. I was just wondering.
And what are the blue men in the opening? DO they represent the diclonius leaders?

But by the way this is the best dark anime i have seen, if FLCL didn't exist it would be my favorite anime.
Old 2007-07-05, 17:42   Link #1824
Hi4life

Hi, those who want a second season of Elfen Lied please sign this petition.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/e...on2/index.html
Hi4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 18:43   Link #1825
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
It's a good song, but not a great fit for the show. It's a very uprising song and the episodes always ended very emotionally or edgy so i just didn't find it a match. So when the episode was over that uprising song played and kinda ruined the mood for me. I wished they just played "Lilium" again, that song is a perfect fit for the show and it is a very beautiful, emotional song. It's not like they had a limit of using Lilium..lol, practically the only song in the show.

Also i had a question: How does the name Elfen Lied tie in to the story? I know it means elf song but what does it symbolize....? I was thinking myself it was like The diclonius were "elfs"(because their horns look like elf ears) and it was their song...their time. I was just wondering.
And what are the blue men in the opening? DO they represent the diclonius leaders?

But by the way this is the best dark anime i have seen, if FLCL didn't exist it would be my favorite anime.
You need to read the manga to get that. For a very brief summary, a character that was not in the anime teaches Lucy a song titled "Elf Song," and you'll find more about it if you read the manga.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 18:54   Link #1826
NSXTACY

I can't read japanese and have no way to get the manga.
But one thing i don't like about the anime is it makes me depressed for days which kinda sucks. Overall it is very deep and irresistible.
Old 2007-07-05, 20:29   Link #1827
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:

The song i feel is perfect for this sort of anime. If you read the lyric the song talks about loss and unrequited feelings for someone. As for the upbeatness of the song i believe that was to juxtapose purposely the solemn mood of the actual anime.
Old 2007-07-06, 06:49   Link #1828
Reno

Send a message via MSN to Reno
Nah I don't think the song fits at all. Well actually I used to stop it as soon as episode finished, but it was a while before I actually sat and listened to the song. I used to think the intro of it fits, but as soon as it got going and I read the lyrics I was like.... yeah, this doesn't belong.
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-07, 19:40   Link #1829
darkintragedy

My only question is that why there aren't any merchandise for this series?
I would love to get my hands on a lucy pvc.
darkintragedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-09, 14:29   Link #1830
ethio
ELFEN LIED rocks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno View Post
Nah I don't think the song fits at all. Well actually I used to stop it as soon as episode finished, but it was a while before I actually sat and listened to the song. I used to think the intro of it fits, but as soon as it got going and I read the lyrics I was like.... yeah, this doesn't belong.
me too, i used to do that and stoping it before right after an episode. but in my case it was both, the intro and the ending.
ethio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-09, 16:13   Link #1831
Reno

Send a message via MSN to Reno
Huh? So do you like it or not?
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 11:42   Link #1832
Jamezterr
Deep in thought.

Send a message via MSN to Jamezterr
I love almost every song they chose to put in Elfen Lied. ^.^

Last edited by Jamezterr; 2007-07-15 at 02:06.
Jamezterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 19:54   Link #1833
Jexkt

Love This Anime ! Its kinda sad. The Story is awsome T_T
Jexkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 02:18   Link #1834
Echoes

Probably one of the most brutal animes I've seen, both emotionally and physically.
Ranks high on my list.
Old 2007-07-23, 03:19   Link #1835
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Yes Elfen Lied was very brutal mentally, left quite a impact on me, which could be only described in one way, "Short and Sweet"
Old 2007-07-28, 22:30   Link #1836
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Wow so just finally decided to watch through this series. Have to say it's a pretty powerful thing to watch all at once.

They didn't hold back at all and there were a lot of times I was worried about characters surviving this. Lot of blood being spilt and it was something how easily people could die. One moment they are standing there even talking and the next they are in pieces on the ground...But I enjoyed the series since it was just an excellent show.

In terms of characters I really liked Nana would probably be near the top. Like a good amount of the characters she suffered pretty badly in that facility and with the testing. Really thought she might die when she was up against Lucy and seeing her lose those limbs...But she was a good person that didn't like killing. Could only feel bad at her losing her 'papa' at the end, a burden of being one that survived. But likable girl that I'm glad she learned about money. (Burning money...that's sad). Course there were quite a few characters I liked here just thought I'd bring a comment out on this.
Old 2007-07-29, 06:03   Link #1837
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Wow so just finally decided to watch through this series. Have to say it's a pretty powerful thing to watch all at once.

They didn't hold back at all and there were a lot of times I was worried about characters surviving this. Lot of blood being spilt and it was something how easily people could die. One moment they are standing there even talking and the next they are in pieces on the ground...But I enjoyed the series since it was just an excellent show.

In terms of characters I really liked Nana would probably be near the top. Like a good amount of the characters she suffered pretty badly in that facility and with the testing. Really thought she might die when she was up against Lucy and seeing her lose those limbs...But she was a good person that didn't like killing. Could only feel bad at her losing her 'papa' at the end, a burden of being one that survived. But likable girl that I'm glad she learned about money. (Burning money...that's sad). Course there were quite a few characters I liked here just thought I'd bring a comment out on this.
Funny how you mention how sad it is to burn money, when the entire anime is pretty much one big cry-fest with one terrible tragedy after another. ^^
I too, liked Nana, although I think her personality is hard to judge, since she's the result of living secluded her entire life, having little to no social interaction at all. I'm surprised she was so kind, though, so that really won me over, although that kindness is most likely a result of her extreme naivety. The loss of her "father" was surely a burden, but unfortunately there was no post-ending summary, so it's hard to tell how it affected her.

I'm clinging to my perfect little fantasy, Nana, Kohta, even Lucy/Nyu and the rest of the bunch living happily ever after in that beach house. (Don't break my bubble)
Old 2007-07-29, 10:02   Link #1838
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Hey I'm not one to break the bubble . Suppose I brought up the money thing just because it's one of those 'sad' things that isn't quite so depressing as the rest of the series. Thank god though she was stopped before it was all gone. Maybe the Director should've added a small thing about what paper money is.

Anything is possible after all. We can fall onto the anime law of if I don't see a body... That shadow at the end certainly makes it tempting for me to believe that Lucy managed to survive somehow. While I wouldn't be capable of predicting how things would continue. With that organization still continuing it's path and such, but at least there would be positive possibilities.

In terms of Nana's personality I'd agree partially it has to do with living in such a secluded place. But some girls that came into that facility clearly weren't so restrained in killing as Nana was. Maybe it was the constant affection from her 'papa' that helped, but since it wasn't like she would just go kill because he asked she just wanted to stop Lucy and take her home. Could be an innate quality of kindess within her. Losing her papa would hurt and probably be devastating. But I think in her mind she has to survive for those that didn't and she has support to help her. With Kouta, Yuka, and Mayu they'd help her handle this loss.
Old 2007-07-29, 12:59   Link #1839
Mr_MK
Indecency

Ending

I've just finished watching the anime, but it entirely did not conclude what would happen next. There are still lots of questions to be answered. I've found out that there are major differences between the manga and anime. How does the manga end? What happens? Can anyone give me a brief summary of the ending conclusion?
Mr_MK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 05:20   Link #1840
Echoes

Spoiler for manga spoilers, and stuff:

This is from the top of my head, there's a bunch of stuff I missed, since I haven't read it all, and there might even be some stuff that's just plain wrong, so take it with a grain of salt.

I can't confirm this, but I read somewhere that the manga states that diclonius' killing instinct/power comes from their horns, which sort of fortifies the idea of Nyuu surviving and returning to live a normal life (in the anime), of course, it also means she'd lose her focus in the last battle, since she lost it straight away, but I'm staying optimistic!

Tags
drama, ecchi, horror, loli, romance, seinen