AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: Who's the true Queen?
Mashiro 36 18.18%
Arika 87 43.94%
Nina 51 25.76%
All of them 10 5.05%
None of them 14 7.07%
Voters: 198. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-25, 20:38   Link #221
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
Sorry, but Mai (with the fire string ruby) is barely 5+ years older than Arika, so that theory is wrong.
Well, the record for youngest mother in the world was a five year old chilean girl (i think she is form chile). Her son was more less raise as her younger brother and he didn't find out till he was like in his 40s. They never did figureout who the father was through
Old 2006-01-25, 20:45   Link #222
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
Well, the record for youngest mother in the world was a five year old chilean girl (i think she is form chile). Her son was more less raise as her younger brother and he didn't find out till he was like in his 40s. They never did figureout who the father was through
Somehow I dont think Mai is the mother because....she was still an otome before she went into the forest, right?

And I dont think she has exceptional abilities to retain her nanomachines after giving birth to Arika(obviously not possible) BEFORE entering Garderobe...
Old 2006-01-25, 21:28   Link #223
cynicalicious
I like pie.

Well, I prefaced it as wild speculation. It's as likely Rena going to the trouble to make a fake necklace as the castle is under attack.
Old 2006-01-25, 21:40   Link #224
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
Spain it was I believe, back in ~1920. Though there are others too...sad and strange.

Eitherway it's ridiculous to discuss this for Mai Otome because the Japanese can't be THAT crazy to even input that.

Quote:
But this thread is about Mashiro and if she is or isn't a queen.
No the thread is about whose the real queen and I believe that Arika isn't the queen.

Quote:
But my hunch is that the real struggle lies in what happens if Mashiro really *isn't* the queen, and Arika really *is* the queen? Since they've already made a contract, they're bound to each other. So there's one nice big fat conflict. Add to that Nina's huge crush on Sergey, and Sergey's orders to make the 'real queen' (assuming it's Arika) his puppet-- more conflict. And if Sergey decides to leave Nagi's service to protect Arika, add even more conflict between him and Nina. And Nina and Arika... etc, etc.
One crazy assumption would be that their both legilable to be the queen as their both related.

Like how Nina said it wasn't a lie that Arika is Mashiro during episode 12 and then replied with the fact the two made a contract Ah man, imagine that, how would they explain that?
Old 2006-01-26, 05:15   Link #225
piccolo
Anime Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalicious
Well, I prefaced it as wild speculation. It's as likely Rena going to the trouble to make a fake necklace as the castle is under attack.
I am of the express opinion that evacuation plans are not created at the last moment. That fake pendant was made some time before the attack and kept a secret. Why? Because they probably knew that there was a snitch somewhere.

No, Arika is not the queen. All indications point towards Mashiro being the Queen. But unlike the facts that prove that Arika is not the Queen, there is not such evidence about Mashiro being the Queen.
Old 2006-01-26, 14:10   Link #226
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I'm more inclined to speculate that Nina is the real queen.

Take into account Nina's flashbacks from her past. When Sergey found her, she was barely subsisting in the slums.

Sergey confessed to Nina that the reason why he picked up September 7th for her birthday was due that he encountered and adopted her into his family.

Another coincidence that Nina holds the same birthday as Mashiro and Arika, although that date could in fact hold some meaning.
Old 2006-01-31, 02:37   Link #227
Yazakura
Enigma of Nothing

The easiest ways to determine this are if Sunrise doesn't end the series on a cliff hanger is:

A: Let them work their magic
B: Let them fail at it somehow
C: Keep on guessing
D: Give up and say we couldn't care less about who the real queen is.

Nah, I'm just jearkin' your chain. (LOL) I need to finish the series before making wild assumptions....
Old 2006-01-31, 09:25   Link #228
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido

Take into account Nina's flashbacks from her past. When Sergey found her, she was barely subsisting in the slums.

Sergey confessed to Nina that the reason why he picked up September 7th for her birthday was due that he encountered and adopted her into his family.

Another coincidence that Nina holds the same birthday as Mashiro and Arika, although that date could in fact hold some meaning.
Just as Arika looks much more like Rena than either Mashiro or Nina, Nina looks much more like the Queen than either Arika or Mashiro.
Old 2006-01-31, 10:04   Link #229
Asianknight82
Banned

Actually the 5 yr old mother was from Peru not Chile
Old 2006-01-31, 19:40   Link #230
piccolo
Anime Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido

Unless SUNRISE made some serious drawing errors, it is very unlikely that Nina is the real queen. Post 204 proofs why Arika can not be the Queen. Post 207 is why Mashiro might just be the real Queen. And post 216 is why Nina is most likely not the Queen.
Old 2006-01-31, 20:30   Link #231
ranchan13

You know, I can't help but wonder one thing. Why does Arika remind me of Midori. Same hair color, similar personalities. So far in the series, there is only proof of the Queen's death through word of mouth. Perhaps, Midori is the real Queen of Windbloom, and Arika is perhaps her daughter.

Mashiro is most likely Rena's daughter, and it is still entirely plausible that Rena (or the Queen) had twins. This isn't something that necesarily had to go public, as twins could have been seperated at birth for national security in case of an attack like the one that occured.
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
Old 2006-01-31, 21:35   Link #232
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by piccolo
Unless SUNRISE made some serious drawing errors, it is very unlikely that Nina is the real queen. Post 204 proofs why Arika can not be the Queen. Post 207 is why Mashiro might just be the real Queen. And post 216 is why Nina is most likely not the Queen.
How are someones guesses proof of anything? We likely won't have definite proof of who the real queen is until the last episode. Until then everything is guesses, not proof. And, since Nina looks a lot like the painting of the queen, how would it mean that Sunrise had to make a drawing error for her to be queen?
Old 2006-01-31, 23:57   Link #233
scribbly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13
So far in the series, there is only proof of the Queen's death through word of mouth.
And the episode 1 flash back of the attack showing two lifeless bodies dressed in the attire that the king and queen dressed in...
Old 2006-02-01, 01:20   Link #234
MattAlchemy

Send a message via AIM to MattAlchemy Send a message via MSN to MattAlchemy
Who knows if Arika's necklace is really from her mom's? Maybe Arika stole it from the real person who was sended to.
Old 2006-02-01, 03:35   Link #235
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime
We likely won't have definite proof of who the real queen is until the last episode.
I hope they don't wait that long. I'd like to see the real Queen deal with the realization of her position while at the same time. As well as the reactions of everyone else. It would be far better if you ask me, for the real Queen to be revealed say by episode 20 at the latest. Waiting until 26 just gives a case of "Gasp she's the Queen. THE END".
Old 2006-02-01, 12:30   Link #236
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Razajev
I hope they don't wait that long. I'd like to see the real Queen deal with the realization of her position while at the same time. As well as the reactions of everyone else. It would be far better if you ask me, for the real Queen to be revealed say by episode 20 at the latest. Waiting until 26 just gives a case of "Gasp she's the Queen. THE END".
It probably won't be the last episode since I think it will play an important role in the last few episodes, but I don't expect it until at least 22.
Old 2006-02-01, 13:26   Link #237
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Razajev
I say Ep22. Late enough to keep people but still leaves enough time to futhur the plot.
Old 2006-02-01, 23:46   Link #238
piccolo
Anime Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piccolo
How are someones guesses proof of anything? We likely won't have definite proof of who the real queen is until the last episode. Until then everything is guesses, not proof. And, since Nina looks a lot like the painting of the queen, how would it mean that Sunrise had to make a drawing error for her to be queen?
Well, if you wish to review the evidence given by SUNRISE (see post 204), assuming they have not made drawing errors, and assuming that no additional evidence will be added (yeah right!), we do have definite proof that Arika is not the Queen. Everything else is just inference.
Old 2006-02-02, 01:19   Link #239
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by piccolo
Well, if you wish to review the evidence given by SUNRISE (see post 204), assuming they have not made drawing errors, and assuming that no additional evidence will be added (yeah right!), we do have definite proof that Arika is not the Queen. Everything else is just inference.
Actually, while I do not believe that Arika is the Queen, post 204 does not represent proof. We only assume that Arika is the baby in episode 1 because of the jewel, but, since we are not shown what happened in between, there is no PROOF that she is.
Old 2006-02-03, 03:41   Link #240
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
Somehow I dont think Mai is the mother because....she was still an otome before she went into the forest, right?

And I dont think she has exceptional abilities to retain her nanomachines after giving birth to Arika(obviously not possible) BEFORE entering Garderobe...
that also and AGE!

in the 1st episode int hat flashback mode when the baby gets dropped into the water you can see Sergey look out of the window, if Mai were to be the queen baby, how old would that make Sergey or Natsuki O.O; since they were in the same class , Mai being queen theory : WRONG *buzzkill*
Closed Thread