"it's...1006"
"really?"
"yeah, kick his ass."
Old 2015-09-19, 23:37   Link #2382
Amegashita
Still bad at Japanese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvollen View Post
It's not so much the skills or titles, but that the residents can innately sense when someone powerful is near. They can't tell exactly how powerful though; like the majin believing Shiro and Kuro were rulers when they were in fact Admins, or when Kumoko first met Kuro. Ariel in her first appearance had been known for hiding her true strength, yet Sanotoria could still sense the danger she posed.
Hard to say definitely, but I personally think Balto felt that Shiro and Kuro were admins. But that's just me.
Amegashita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-19, 23:44   Link #2383
Arvollen
orz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuris View Post
do you believe the local patissier would be able to sense their customers hidden strength?
This is fantasy, so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amegashita View Post
Hard to say definitely, but I personally think Balto felt that Shiro and Kuro were admins. But that's just me.
He said they were probably rulers, though perhaps he doesn't know about the existence of Admins.
Arvollen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-19, 23:47   Link #2384
Amegashita
Still bad at Japanese

He said he felt that the two of them were beings that controlled the world from behind the scenes which insinuates to me that he believes they were god-like beings.
Old 2015-09-19, 23:50   Link #2385
cabman11

Quote:
He said he felt that the two of them were beings that controlled the world from behind the scenes which insinuates to me that he believes they were god-like beings.

And the closest to such a thing were rulers.
I mean why the honest hell would a normal mortal think he sitting in the same room with two gods?
cabman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-19, 23:51   Link #2386
Arvollen
orz

From Chapter B1 (Turbo's translation):

Quote:
The two people whom Demon King-sama added to the executive of the Demon army.
The identities are not known.
Although I don't know, I can imagine it.
These two people are probably Rulers.
Ruler that's said to manipulate this world from the back.
It's the two of them.

I don't have no way to know how Demon King-sama added such two people as subordinates.
However, to the overwhelming eeriness, wariness is heated by all means.
Arvollen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-19, 23:54   Link #2387
Amegashita
Still bad at Japanese

Because they're that powerful? Just like how Shiro could tell how powerful Kuro was just by seeing him and I suspect Julius felt the same way before he got annihilated. The way he described them as rulers is what makes me think he suspects them to be more.
Old 2015-09-20, 00:01   Link #2388
cabman11

Quote:
Because they're that powerful? Just like how Shiro could tell how powerful Kuro was just by seeing him and I suspect Julius felt the same way before he got annihilated. The way he described them as rulers is what makes me think he suspects them to be more.

I'm uncertain he didn't even know when an administrator was in the first place.
D should be completely unknown to anyone outside of a ruler
Same thing with black. And Sariel was worshipped with the word God rather than the word admin
Old 2015-09-20, 00:15   Link #2389
Amegashita
Still bad at Japanese

My thing is just that the way he described the "rulers" in his monologue, it felt to me that he was hinting at something more. Seeing as we don't know anything about if the majin even believe in gods or what not, but it felt to me that he was trying to describe a being far above him with the closest term he could use to fit. Kind of like when you try to describe what an "oxymoron" is to a person who doesn't know what the word means. You describe the it in terms easier for them to understand.
Old 2015-09-20, 00:23   Link #2390
cabman11

Quote:
but it felt to me that he was trying to describe a being far above him with the closest term he could use to fit. Kind of like when you try to describe what an "oxymoron" is to a person who doesn't know what the word means. You describe the it in terms easier for them to understand.
I.E rulers.
He was pretty confident he thought they were rulers.
And the likelihood of God was standing right next to you is slim to none and rulers are physical tangible things in that world so yeah.

He could sense that they were mortals overwhelmingly more powerful than him.
he could not imagine that they were gods
Old 2015-09-20, 00:27   Link #2391
Amegashita
Still bad at Japanese

And thats where I disagree. Just looking into Shiro's eyes is enough for Ariel to be uncomfortable and there are at least 2 mortals that have seen her eyes open, Balto and Julius. So one can only imagine how that felt for them. It was enough to send Julius into a panic.
Old 2015-09-20, 00:51   Link #2392
cabman11

Quote:
And thats where I disagree. Just looking into Shiro's eyes is enough for Ariel to be uncomfortable and there are at least 2 mortals that have seen her eyes open, Balto and Julius. So one can only imagine how that felt for them. It was enough to send Julius into a panic.
She has 8 irises. Who would not be freaked out?
Well whatever lets stop this. This is honestly stupid.

=========

Who wants to bet that the next pov is from Sophia's prospective?
Old 2015-09-20, 00:53   Link #2393
Breimn

I guesd it is likely , maybe we will get 2 or more chs about it .I wonder if we will ever get to know what she tought when she first saw kumoko
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-20, 00:59   Link #2394
Amegashita
Still bad at Japanese

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabman11 View Post
She has 8 irises. Who would not be freaked out?
Well whatever lets stop this. This is honestly stupid.

=========

Who wants to bet that the next pov is from Sophia's prospective?
"気味の悪い目が気に食わないのか" If I read this right, insinuates more than just 8 iris' being the issue. Plus, is 8 iris' enough to be like "i know why you were able to kill the hero"? I don't think so. But w/e no point in discussing with you.
Old 2015-09-20, 01:05   Link #2395
Breimn

Quote:
"気味の悪い目が気に食わないのか" If I read this right, insinuates more than just 8 iris' being the issue. Plus, is 8 iris' enough to be like "i know why you were able to kill the hero"? I don't think so. But w/e no point in discussing with you.
It should be 4 eyes within each eye for a total of 10 just like when shecwas an arachne.And it should just creep someone out.
Julius probably remembered about his experience with kumoko at their firstbmeeting.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-20, 01:07   Link #2396
cabman11

Quote:
The eyes have nothing to do with the hero. there's just creepy period. She's creeped out by them and even the demon lords creeped out by them.
This has nothing to do with power just that her eyes are freaking weird that's why she hasn't closed all the time.

Also her presence alone should intimidate people down to the very soul
she is a god after all
Old 2015-09-20, 01:10   Link #2397
Amegashita
Still bad at Japanese

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabman11 View Post
Also her presence alone should intimidate people down to the very soul
she is a god after all
That supports my view more than yours.

If Julius only met Shiro when she was in her monster form, then one could argue that he wasn't really aware that the girl in front of him was her. But since my whole argument is that there are certain people in this story that can innately tell the strength of a person just by seeing them, I'll agree with Breimn that her having a different form from when they first met doesn't change the fact that he could tell its her, despite being unconscious when she involved to an arachne.
Old 2015-09-20, 01:12   Link #2398
Xacual

Wait I'm confused, Julius never saw her eyes except when he died. He started panicking when Shiro started walking forward out of the Demon army. As soon as Shiro's eyes started to open he instantly died. Balto is the only normal person that has seen her eyes.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-20, 01:13   Link #2399
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimn View Post
It should be 4 eyes within each eye for a total of 10
Them math skills.

Anyways, Balto assumed that Kuro and Shiro were Rulers, and then made a comment about how Rulers were considered by those that know about them, to manipulate the world from the shadows.
He didn't say anything about them being gods, or even insinuate it. He's using his usual common sense.
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-20, 01:14   Link #2400
Amegashita
Still bad at Japanese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Wait I'm confused, Julius never saw her eyes except when he died. He started panicking when Shiro started walking forward out of the Demon army. As soon as Shiro's eyes started to open he instantly died. Balto is the only normal person that has seen her eyes.
Can argue that he saw her eyes, and then died.

My point is that the way he defined it pointed at something more to me.

Tags
fantasy, non-human mc, reincarnation