AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2010-04-21, 02:41   Link #221
Psycho_Kenshin

Man, it blows me away how One Piece keeps getting better and better after all these years. And it continues to do things unexpected and defy my expectations.

One Piece: best anime of the last decade (the entire decade!), and it looks like it'll keep that title this decade.
Psycho_Kenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 07:02   Link #222
kirby sama
Pink Ball!

Talking yohoho

Quote:
Originally Posted by strategos View Post
WOW. Dang dude. You're my hero! LOL. I remember when I watched series like that, non-stop.
Did you took the drinking game with one piece?
BTW, Welcome to Animesuki Forums
Hehe if i would have taken the drinkin game then i wouldn't be able to remember anything XD
and thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho_Kenshin View Post
Man, it blows me away how One Piece keeps getting better and better after all these years. And it continues to do things unexpected and defy my expectations.

One Piece: best anime of the last decade (the entire decade!), and it looks like it'll keep that title this decade.
I agree with you completely! One Piece is way ahead better than any other one like bleach and naruto...
I'm also watching those 2 but the ridiculous fillers kill the show for me...
so One Piece is the BEST
kirby sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 19:33   Link #223
Kaizokugami
Pirate God

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby sama View Post
yohohoho!!! Hey guys! Im new to the whole one piece story! i've been watching the show non stop for the past 2 months! And i've finally caught up with everyone else... soo i've watched 446 episodes in the past 2 months and "so far" ITS AWESOME! im so sad i can't watch it non stop anymore :'(
This impel down arc is just sick...
What do you mean by "I really do wonder what Shiryu is up to."
Isn't it possible that he have been killed by Blackbeard?

So hi all again hope you don't eat me after my first post
You....you!!! You broke my record! Unforgivable!

I'm being sarcastic, by the way.

I think I watched 398 episodes or so in one and a half month. Didn't have a job at the time so I had to do SOMETHING. But I remember that feeling, I was completely stuck when I first started watching it. I think I've watched it over like 4 times or so.

You sir, are a true pirate. Hats off to you!
Kaizokugami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 01:29   Link #224
kirby sama
Pink Ball!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizokugami View Post
You....you!!! You broke my record! Unforgivable!

I'm being sarcastic, by the way.

I think I watched 398 episodes or so in one and a half month. Didn't have a job at the time so I had to do SOMETHING. But I remember that feeling, I was completely stuck when I first started watching it. I think I've watched it over like 4 times or so.

You sir, are a true pirate. Hats off to you!
Thanks well yeah... Currently i dont have a job... Apart from learning... But its a long story!
I've got a bit addicted... I can't wait for next week...
Old 2010-04-22, 09:17   Link #225
Kaizokugami
Pirate God

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby sama View Post
Thanks well yeah... Currently i dont have a job... Apart from learning... But its a long story!
I've got a bit addicted... I can't wait for next week...
I used to be addicted too, but I thought it would be better to just wait a few weeks then be able to watch like ten episodes in a row instead of one and going crazy about the next one, plus it makes the episodes better since you've waited some time to watch them. It works for me at least.
Old 2010-04-22, 10:26   Link #226
Prestige

Quote:
I used to be addicted too, but I thought it would be better to just wait a few weeks then be able to watch like ten episodes in a row instead of one and going crazy about the next one, plus it makes the episodes better since you've waited some time to watch them. It works for me at least.
Well you are a manga reader so its bit diffrent

Thats pretty hard to do for an anime only viewer.... 10 weeks without One Piece is pretty impossible if you are addicted.
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 10:31   Link #227
Kaizokugami
Pirate God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
Well you are a manga reader so its bit diffrent

Thats pretty hard to do for an anime only viewer.... 10 weeks without One Piece is pretty impossible if you are addicted.
True that, I couldn't go 10 weeks without reading the manga. I get my fill when I read the newest ones .

Before I started reading the manga I was the same about the anime.
Old 2010-04-22, 14:23   Link #228
kirby sama
Pink Ball!

Well honestly I don't know... I don't think i would be able to wait for 10 weeks or so... altho i was planning on doing it
and i don't really like manga... dunno why!?
Old 2010-04-22, 14:26   Link #229
*zErOfOx

am i the only one that thinks its the best arc till now?
*zErOfOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 14:46   Link #230
Kallen4life

it is the best and the next one is MUCH better still
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 15:09   Link #231
kirby sama
Pink Ball!

I agree with you! Its one of the best arc yet! I'm really looking forward to the operation saving Ace!
Old 2010-04-26, 11:02   Link #232
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
The okamas are hillarious.
btw i wonder where is that okama guy with stockings and the bunny ears?
CeDeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 12:43   Link #233
Netevolution

The show sure has gotten a lot better. I mean especially the animation quality. And no more fillers!!!
Netevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 15:44   Link #234
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Not sure I can put it as one of the best arcs. Sure there are pretty epic parts, but the whole lack of the entire crew (other than Luffy) kind of takes away from it.
Old 2010-04-26, 16:51   Link #235
Kallen4life

I think it's a nice change
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 01:41   Link #236
kirby sama
Pink Ball!

ep 448 was great! Magellan: UNSTOPPABLE! KILLING SPREE! MONSTER KILL!
Old 2010-04-28, 09:39   Link #237
wuabbs
addictive stuff

Send a message via MSN to wuabbs
Not been on here for AGES! Usually don't go posting but the Impel Arc down in OP is epic!. I mean, this is really good stuff haha. It's like Bleach back when on the Soul Society arc!

Ep 448 was great but got Magellan.... run Luffy run.
Old 2010-04-29, 07:58   Link #238
Prestige

I think latest episode was pretty poor, specially first half. It dragged alot though ending was pretty nice.

I know that everyone hates fillers but I think we they should make some filler episode to prevent dragging and keeping pace smooth.
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 18:41   Link #239
Kaizokugami
Pirate God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
I think latest episode was pretty poor, specially first half. It dragged alot though ending was pretty nice.

I know that everyone hates fillers but I think we they should make some filler episode to prevent dragging and keeping pace smooth.
I'm one of the people who hates fillers! *raises hand*

Haven't been watching the anime lately to save it up for a spree of watching, so if there's a filler anytime soon I'll go ballistic. There was ONE filler arc I enjoyed, the rest was just...well that's all there is to say about them. Dots, lots of them.

Besides, don't they usually make fillers if the anime gets too close to the manga? Seems to be quite good space between them right now to me.
Old 2010-05-01, 02:51   Link #240
Slayerx

Quote:
Besides, don't they usually make fillers if the anime gets too close to the manga? Seems to be quite good space between them right now to me.
Well the only reason there is a good distance between the anime and manga is because the anime has been doing everything in it's power to move as slow as possible... by trying to keep things as one chapter per episode they make certain to never catch up with the anime... the problem however is that this often means INCREDIBLY SLOW pacing

Serious in the most recent episode, two characters enter into a showdown and it takes a whopping 5 minutes for one to actually throw an attack. It's basically 5 minutes of the two characters staring at eachother and walking slowly, while everyone else runs away screaming... I find myself skipping large chucks of the episode, skipping to the high lights and only taking 5 minutes to watch a 20 minute episode because it's just so damn annoying to sit through a lot of those scenes. really this is a common trend for episodes

Sure you don't have to deal with terrible fillers, but in exchange the actual canon episodes have to suffer... i'd rather have to sit through some bad fillers if it meant that the canon episodes could get proper treatment; better to have some good episodes and some bad episode than nothing but a bunch of bland episodes...

Frankly, this could easily be solved if they just brought on some talented writers who were capable in their own right so that they could create GOOD filler material...
I think Fairy tail is doing the best job when it comes to stretching episodes... instead of killing the pacing, they add filler material to the episodes that are actually enjoyable to watch (most of the time); hell in some cases it actually seems like they are adding in material that the author himself wanted to put in there.

Last edited by Slayerx; 2010-05-01 at 03:09.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote