AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-25, 00:32   Link #2321
arson88

It will be a shame if Lion and Will just got knocked out like that. Since it is Battler's tale, will there be more fantasy characters because i miss their appearances.. although the manga make up for that. Manga seems like a more convenient medium to read.

Is there any patches by the "Witch Hunters" http://www.witch-hunt.com/news.html
for episode 01 - 04 which has the option to skip chapters like in the answer arcs [episode 05 - 07]?

[Edited]

Ok! Removed pointless question.

Last edited by arson88; 2010-12-25 at 03:29.
Old 2010-12-25, 00:34   Link #2322
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

You will always be able to skip chapters as long as you have completed the game once.
Old 2010-12-25, 00:47   Link #2323
Judoh
Mystery buff

You should really ask questions like that about Episode 8 in the spoilers and speculations thread honestly.
Old 2010-12-25, 05:55   Link #2324
bigemperor

so did something realize what happened the last two year before 1986 with yasu? what drives her to make the murders in form of a mystery novel in 1986 and why 1986 was so important for her? it drives me crazy to know that.
Old 2010-12-25, 06:29   Link #2325
Kurome

My theory on the motive:

Well in this time 1984-1986 Yasu developed feelings for both George and Jessica,
while having inherited the title of Successor as Lion/Beatrice.
This heavy emotional pressure must have been a heavy burden enough already.
Kinzo's dead and Natsuhi's cover up must have been bad aswell as it put more stress in the relationship of the siblings
which caused more stress for Yasu (the idea of using the bomb to end everything must have been growing inside her already
but wasnt used as the caring Shannon and Kanon where still the main factors of her personality).
In an ideal world he would have simply married Goerge or Jessica and left the island sooner or later.
Battler's role in this must have been that he returned in the year Yasu finally found resolve to leave
so she decided to wrap everything up with the letter and thead to kill everyone.
As the games have shown us someone of the siblings must have solved the epitaph somehow, start a quarrel between the siblings and either killed him/herself
or drove Yasu in doing the killings (she more or less snapped) while faking his own death in "killing" Shannon and Kanon and blowing the island up to unintentionally create the cat-box.
Old 2010-12-25, 08:50   Link #2326
Miss Mystery
The Dark Crow Smiles

After reading EP7 I was glad to see so much of the truth being revealed, such as during the guts scene. However, I feel kind of sad that the whole Rokkenjima-Witch story is destroyed. I had loads of (unwilling) fun dancing with the story of the witch. =) I wonder if Ryukishi07 was jealous of the readers during the question arcs...
Old 2010-12-25, 09:24   Link #2327
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

my theory would be, that since she still loved battler so one year earlier and she wouldnt end up with george, one year later and she would already leaved/married with george, the events of 4th and 5th of october were the roulette just to see who would win "yasu", or maybe an excuse to end with battler, probably this is why battler dont dies as part of the witch game.
Old 2010-12-25, 11:30   Link #2328
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
so did something realize what happened the last two year before 1986 with yasu? what drives her to make the murders in form of a mystery novel in 1986 and why 1986 was so important for her? it drives me crazy to know that.
In 1985 she wouldn't be engaged to George yet. In 1987 she'd be married to George. It's only in 1986 where her feelings for Battler and George are sorta equal.

I don't think Yasu was really trying to murder anyone. She was setting up a fake murder game for Battler, and then someone else used it as an excuse for real murders.
Old 2010-12-25, 12:47   Link #2329
Gar Logan78

Earlier someone mentioned how Battler and Beatrice's relationship in EP6 was similar to Kinzo and Kuwadorian Beatrice's relationship. What does this mean?

After the 6th game, when Beatrice and Battler defeated Erika and Bern, why would they let Bern do what she did in EP7? Hadn't they reached a happy ending together?
Old 2010-12-25, 12:54   Link #2330
CrimsonMoonMist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gar Logan78 View Post
Earlier someone mentioned how Battler and Beatrice's relationship in EP6 was similar to Kinzo and Kuwadorian Beatrice's relationship. What does this mean?
'Cause he got all hang up on reviving Beato?
Of course, he rejected the chick Beato and later acknowledged her as Beato's "daughter" of sorts
while Kinzo used Kuwadorian Beato as a replacement.
So they're not really all that similar.

Quote:
After the 6th game, when Beatrice and Battler defeated Erika and Bern, why would they let Bern do what she did in EP7? Hadn't they reached a happy ending together?
I kinda figured the "happy ending" part was part of the happy ending Battler wrote for Beato.
As for why they let Bern go and F up things again... heh, i dunno.
Maybe Battler was too busy with Beato's funeral or something?

Edit: Oh, you meant on the 7th gameboard? I think that is because it wasn't really Beato's gameboard,
just a replica of it.

Last edited by CrimsonMoonMist; 2010-12-25 at 13:15.
Old 2010-12-25, 13:04   Link #2331
Frisko

Quote:
The 7th game doesn't take place on Beato's Game Board, it takes place on a replica thereof. She and Battler aren't capable of stopping Bern from using the board anymore the the inventor of chess is capable of making you stop playing chess.
Old 2010-12-25, 17:07   Link #2332
Cao Ni Ma

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonMoonMist View Post
'Cause he got all hang up on reviving Beato?
Of course, he rejected the chick Beato and later acknowledged her as Beato's "daughter" of sorts
while Kinzo used Kuwadorian Beato as a replacement.
So they're not really all that similar.
We really dont know if Kinzo actually had incest with her even though all signs point to yes right now. There is a probability that that EP6s story with Battler and Chick Beatrice could very well be an accurate representation of Kinzo and young Beatrice 2. Kinzo could have been altering his whole retelling of not just the gold but of Beatrice. What would cause Kinzo to outright shun Beatrice 2? Imagine if Beato 1 was already pregnant at the time with one of the submarine members child, gave birth and then died.

Kinzo would be very cold to that child, he might not even see her as Beatrice at all. He might have later come to see her as something else, maybe a daughter or even the reincarnation of Beatrice herself.
Old 2010-12-26, 05:14   Link #2333
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
In 1985 she wouldn't be engaged to George yet. In 1987 she'd be married to George. It's only in 1986 where her feelings for Battler and George are sorta equal.

I don't think Yasu was really trying to murder anyone. She was setting up a fake murder game for Battler, and then someone else used it as an excuse for real murders.
My issue with this theory is what Yasu tells the adults in the gold room. She clearly says that she intended to kill them, showed them the working loaded guns and even the bomb. This does not equal a fake murder mystery.
Old 2010-12-26, 05:18   Link #2334
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
My issue with this theory is what Yasu tells the adults in the gold room. She clearly says that she intended to kill them, showed them the working loaded guns and even the bomb. This does not equal a fake murder mystery.
My Give-a-shit-meter is at zero, since no one is acting in character and the entire scenario is built on retardedly contrived coincidences and strokes of horribly unrealistic luck.

If you'd like to explain why Yasu randomly mutated from a timid lovesick girl too withdrawn to so much as make a phonecall, to suddenly plotting to kill everyone on the island for...(??? She's never given a motive, here), be my guest. Otherwise it's just Bern bein' Bern and shit.

I mean, it's not like it's the first time someone's used loopholes in the red to lie straight to the audience's faces, so it's not that big of a deal.
Old 2010-12-26, 05:46   Link #2335
Kurome

exactly the truth we saw is the truth Bern reached with her pessimistic outlook and unwilling to search for the possibillity where everything end well (even if Lambda has said with certainity her magic is not foolproof as a happy-ending can mean myriads of things). We cant really take much of it and should rather go for the "illusions to illusions" stated by Will when he broke down the whitch illusion. Although the Kyrie+Krauss killed everyone is a possible idea for ep4...
Old 2010-12-26, 06:39   Link #2336
Quest 64

As it has been shown in the fifth episode, motives of Shannontrice don't play a role sometimes. Probably, "roots of love" for any reason have disappeared, and the plan of the an unidentified person was a success and all the grandchildren (except the successor) had been killed [I don't trust in fake corpses, and playing dead is difficult to explain from the point of view of the human world]. At the same time "Yasu" starts to blackmail Natsuhi and like it could kill George and the others, but Battler has already solved an epitaph, it doesn't coincide with Beatrice's game rule. Different versions merge in one.
I hope situation "without love"(not like in seventh Tea party, but only with from true side of history) will be showed in the eighth episode.
Old 2010-12-26, 15:57   Link #2337
bigemperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
yes she really intended to killed them if no one resolve the epitaph because the bomb will kill all of them she leaves everything to the roulette of fate (Just like kinzo when he think that only beatrice reincarnation will solve the epitaph)

Besides that the fake murders were made for battler to realize about everything they were made WITH LOVE (without love it cannot be seen) that explain why in episode 5 at the end when the game is interrupted with battler saying it's all uselles he probably realized about everything and that’s why in episode 6 battler made a fake murder game too (he really understood beato heart)

In summary

Episodes 1 2 and 4 = fake murders (that’s why will destroy the majority of this twilights with Illusions to illusions)

Episode 3: Until the first twilight was the fake murder game (the only twilight solve with Illusions to illusions) but then eva solve the epitafh and the real massacre begins that’s why will solve those twilights with Earth to earth. ......No falsehoods ….

Episodes 1-4 ARE FAKE STORIES made by beatrice from possible scenarios from what may happen in 1986 and the true story remain close in the catbox because the bomb explosion shut it there. But the catbox was open in the ura tea party in episode 7 THE REAL AND CRUEL HISTORY which Beatrice want to HIDE from the beginning (that the real massacre was made by the parents it doesn’t matter who but the greed from all of them are the reason of the real murders)

And that’s my conclusion I can explain everything whith that.

Last edited by bigemperor; 2010-12-26 at 16:10.
Old 2010-12-26, 16:02   Link #2338
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

For those who believe that Yasu's plan involved the actual killing of several people (if not everyone), how exactly you explain that she got the complicity of so many persons?

The trick that she used through the first 4 episodes simply cannot work without assuming that several persons lied.

Old 2010-12-26, 16:17   Link #2339
bigemperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
For those who believe that Yasu's plan involved the actual killing of several people (if not everyone), how exactly you explain that she got the complicity of so many persons?

The trick that she used through the first 4 episodes simply cannot work without assuming that several persons lied.
The problem is that everyone tend to forget the heart.
When battler realized everything in episode 5 he starts crying and ask beatrice to forgive him he understood beato everything she made, someone really think that if yasu really KILL THE ENTIRE USHIROMIYA FAMILY destroyed their heads shoot them etc etc battler will forgive and understand her?

DON'T FORGET THE HEART

WITHOUT LOVE IT CANNOT BE SEEN
Old 2010-12-26, 16:25   Link #2340
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

So you acknowledge that Yasu didn't kill anyone, nor she intended to kill anyone?

Closed Thread