AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-11-18, 19:01   Link #721
Zoofranz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Plus he's not the type who'd chicken out when needed as we've seen during the original manga, multiple times.
If you are referring to a danger situation, when did he chicken out in the original manga? I really can't remember. He maybe did it when the enemy was attacking him, for example, Zastin or Yami, but when the one in danger was another person he always tried to help. For example, when he attacked Gee-Bri (The alien who kidnapped Haruna), when he beat the guy who wanted to take Peke away, when he saved Yui from the guys who wanted to rape her or when the guy from Black Cat was aiming with his gun at Lala and he put in the middle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I think he is supposed to be handsome, but I can't remember if any girl ever commented on it.
Kyoko told Run he was cute when they went out with Rito.
Zoofranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 02:43   Link #722
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

As many people have mentioned, Rito is rather plain and is easily comparable to any typical harem leads. He certainly lacks any distinct characteristics and will probably remain forgettable if there is no growth in his character. As for being handsome, I think thats a stretch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
I think rather than his appearance, Rito's nature is what makes the best of him. He's a kind person and is pretty much dependable....and perhaps if you want to add it, a bit 'gentleman' towards the girls
This is common for alot of harem stories, where the lead is bland and the only reason the females like him is because hes kind-hearted...

Quote:
(he pretty much never tried to violate the girl directly after being 'assaulted' by many ways )
I think that is what one would call a MC as "indecisive" or "weak-willed" when there are so many opportunities presented to him. Not a good characteristic to have in my book.
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 07:43   Link #723
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I still think Rito is not as plain as one might think and is better looking than most. I'm not saying is a model, just good-looking. We'll just have to agree to disagree, I guess.

I just remembered a chapter where Mikado gave him a medicine that rid him of his inhibition. If Momo could get her hands on that, her plan would proceed very smoothly
Old 2010-11-19, 10:37   Link #724
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinx View Post
As many people have mentioned, Rito is rather plain and is easily comparable to any typical harem leads. He certainly lacks any distinct characteristics and will probably remain forgettable if there is no growth in his character. As for being handsome, I think thats a stretch.

This is common for alot of harem stories, where the lead is bland and the only reason the females like him is because hes kind-hearted...

I think that is what one would call a MC as "indecisive" or "weak-willed" when there are so many opportunities presented to him. Not a good characteristic to have in my book.
Wait...so you want Rito to violate them? Well, you can always refer to the H-doujins for that.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 10:47   Link #725
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
I just remembered a chapter where Mikado gave him a medicine that rid him of his inhibition. If Momo could get her hands on that, her plan would proceed very smoothly
She should hook him up to an IV too.
Old 2010-11-19, 11:12   Link #726
wingman32x

I still see Rito as a typical harem lead with some personality to call his own. I think he'll improve during darkness though.

Anyway, I read through the first two chapters again. My favorite scene by far is when Momo pitched the harem plan to Rito. The look of satisfaction on her face when she saw Rito's junk was priceless. It just goes to show that a well placed heart icon can speak louder than any words . The teasing beforehand was awesome, too.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 16:34   Link #727
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoofranz View Post
when he saved Yui from the guys who wanted to rape her
When did this happen?
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 17:09   Link #728
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
When did this happen?
Chapter 86.
Old 2010-11-19, 17:20   Link #729
Zoofranz

Thanks, I was looking for it, I was reading the titles but when I saw "Oh my little sister" I thought it was a chapter about Mikan xD
Old 2010-11-19, 17:32   Link #730
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It's easy to forget Yui is also a little sister. Then again, so are Haruna, Momo and Nana. They can't hold a candle to Mikan though
Old 2010-11-19, 17:35   Link #731
wingman32x

Quote:
It's easy to forget Yui is also a little sister. Then again, so are Haruna, Momo and Nana. They can't hold a candle to Mikan though
That's debatable. Personally, I pick Momo>Mikan every day of the week. I like Momo's personality "quirk" better than Mikan's. Mikan is probably the better 'little sister' type though.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 17:50   Link #732
Zoofranz

Agree with Mikan being the best little sister

By the way, I'd like to see more of the "little sister" side of Haruna too ^^ All we know until now is that she gets on very well with Akiho and that she would like to be a little like her when it comes to love.
Old 2010-11-19, 20:25   Link #733
Xagzan

Chapter 2 of Darkness showed if nothing else Yui's also adorable as a little sister.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 04:21   Link #734
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
That's debatable. Personally, I pick Momo>Mikan every day of the week. I like Momo's personality "quirk" better than Mikan's. Mikan is probably the better 'little sister' type though.
I was talking little sister type. I do think Mikan's the best girl in TLR though, but that's just my opinion of course

And yeah, Yui is a nice little sister as well. It's fun to see her interact with her brother since he knows all the right buttons to push.
Old 2010-11-20, 08:10   Link #735
Soraya21

I'm in agreement with what others have said. Despite their limited panel time with each other, Yui and her brother just have good, wholesome (aka. non-incestual) on-scene chemistry. It's probably my favorite out of all the sibling relationships for this series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoofranz View Post
By the way, I'd like to see more of the "little sister" side of Haruna too ^^ All we know until now is that she gets on very well with Akiho and that she would like to be a little like her when it comes to love.
It's hard for me to remember that Haruna technically qualifies as a little sister since Akiho doesn't appear all that often. But I probably have to disagree. There's enough younger siblings in this series already, and Mikan, Momo, Nana and Yui have pretty much have gotten all of the different bases and traits of imouto(s) covered.
Soraya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 19:56   Link #736
faiz blaster

Really nice. Though, I don't think this is the kind of pic allowed in here even when under the NSFW tag.

By the way, some of you might be interested in this, but the Japanese term used for Harem in this pic is "rakuen" (楽園 lit. pleasure garden, paradise)
faiz blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 19:57   Link #737
Ashaman

This enlargement (And in colour to boot) raises questions. Questions I'm not sure I want the answer to.

Questions such as: Is Lala really straddling Rito's leg?

Is Mikan's hand where I think it is?

How decent is it that Yui is sat between Rito's legs?

And my final, and perhaps most important question: Where the hell is Rito's other hand?!

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2010-11-24 at 15:33. Reason: Don't quote posts that are going to get deleted anyway...
Ashaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 20:07   Link #738
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
----------------You sir, is a god for finding this
Heh, thanks, though I'd say the real god is the person who colored it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz blaster View Post
Really nice. Though, I don't think this is the kind of pic allowed in here even when under the NSFW tag.

By the way, some of you might be interested in this, but the Japanese term used for Harem in this pic is "rakuen" (楽園 lit. pleasure garden, paradise)
Hm really? Could've sworn I've seen just as explicit stuff posted all over the place.

But that is interesting, I'll be keeping that new word in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
This enlargement (And in colour to boot) raises questions. Questions I'm not sure I want the answer to.

Questions such as: Is Lala really straddling Rito's leg?

Is Mikan's hand where I think it is?

How decent is it that Yui is sat between Rito's legs?

And my final, and perhaps most important question: Where the hell is Rito's other hand?!
She is, he must have got real tall.

It is indeed She's enjoying her some Haruna

Quite indecent I'd say, and that makes it all the better.

It could be anywhere. The mystery makes it fun!
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 08:41   Link #739
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

That is... so... awesome.

I think the funniest part is Momo's face on the bottom. She is in heaven just thinking about it. Girl after every guy's heart.
Old 2010-11-24, 08:58   Link #740
Marty17
Like What You Hate

The person who coloured must've enjoyed doing it. Quality stuff.

Tags
ecchi, fake harem, harem, manga, nudity, romance, sci-fi, shounen