AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2013-11-11, 12:51   Link #1921
Shadow5YA

Levi vs Mikasa being an audio only drama CD? That has to be a crime.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-15, 12:37   Link #1922
Breimoon

one shot scans came out, think we can't consider it canon all of it, especially the titan regeneration part.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 03:08   Link #1923
Kiltias

Course it's not canon, it's a one shot.
Kiltias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-26, 09:56   Link #1924
vincentleu

in the first chapter of both manga and anime, Hannes mentioned that Dr. Jeager (Eren's father) had cure the infectious disease in Shiganshina district. It is possible that he protected the city from the same disaster in Connie's village, if the people turn into titans because of virus infection.
vincentleu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 21:11   Link #1925
Raincollie
A certain collie of rain.

Okay, this theory that I'm about to bring up about titans in general may be completely absurd, but give it some thought.
My guess is that the titans' (or at least their leader, which right now is more than likely the Ape Titan) goal to obliterate humanity is derived from punishment; namely how humanity has mistreated the earth and its other earthlings in the past. In other words, titans are somewhat like 'antibodies' that the earth has created in order to protect itself from the 'bacteria' - the humans. Remember how it was said in class that titans have no interest in other animals, and other animals aren't even afraid of them? Remember how the attack on Trost (Year 850) has started by the Colossal Titan (Berthold) right after Sasha talked about raising cattle and sheep for meat; mistreatment of animals?
The more the plot goes on, the more I'm starting to think that Hajime Isayama is (at the very least) vegetarian (if not vegan), and as a vegan, I sure hope so.

With that in mind, Reiner, Berthold and Annie have probably realized what the true meaning behind the titans is, and decided to help the process, for the better.

This story has thrown countless plot twists at us. What if the final major plot twist is actually that the titans devour humans for a just cause? To ensure the earth a better future?

THINK 'BOUT IT, MAN!!!

Last edited by Raincollie; 2013-11-29 at 21:22.
Raincollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-30, 05:18   Link #1926
Breimoon

the human titans is a different faction from the normal titans, they don't care about the animals.
Old 2013-11-30, 17:53   Link #1927
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raincollie View Post
Okay, this theory that I'm about to bring up about titans in general may be completely absurd, but give it some thought.
My guess is that the titans' (or at least their leader, which right now is more than likely the Ape Titan) goal to obliterate humanity is derived from punishment; namely how humanity has mistreated the earth and its other earthlings in the past. In other words, titans are somewhat like 'antibodies' that the earth has created in order to protect itself from the 'bacteria' - the humans. Remember how it was said in class that titans have no interest in other animals, and other animals aren't even afraid of them? Remember how the attack on Trost (Year 850) has started by the Colossal Titan (Berthold) right after Sasha talked about raising cattle and sheep for meat; mistreatment of animals?
The more the plot goes on, the more I'm starting to think that Hajime Isayama is (at the very least) vegetarian (if not vegan), and as a vegan, I sure hope so.

With that in mind, Reiner, Berthold and Annie have probably realized what the true meaning behind the titans is, and decided to help the process, for the better.

This story has thrown countless plot twists at us. What if the final major plot twist is actually that the titans devour humans for a just cause? To ensure the earth a better future?

THINK 'BOUT IT, MAN!!!
This is no way explains, why there are countless titans inside the wall... and as Breimoon said, the infiltrating titan-shifters are not on the brainless titan' side, as the titans attack them as well. Your theory does also not include why something like the Coordinate exists.
Old 2013-12-01, 16:06   Link #1928
BoyTitan

Quote:

THINK 'BOUT IT, MAN!!!

We eat animals to control over population. The only issue with humanity is there are 2 many of us and we keep developing cures and resistances to disease. Thing is the titans most likely attacked before the modern age which was before humanity was over populated. Also ourover population might not always be a bad thing it is what forces us to look into life on other planets which some day in the future might turn into a good thing when we have colonies and live on other planets. Also are over population would not be such a problem if it was not for certain religious groups making a big deal of cloning and stem cell research. We learn how to clone in mass extension would no longer be a problem nor would running out of a food source.

Also as others have mention your theorie has a ton of holes in it and ignores plot points you may have missed.
Old 2013-12-01, 21:08   Link #1929
Raincollie
A certain collie of rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
This is no way explains, why there are countless titans inside the wall... and as Breimoon said, the infiltrating titan-shifters are not on the brainless titan' side, as the titans attack them as well. Your theory does also not include why something like the Coordinate exists.
And this is exactly where Eren's father comes into the picture. Remember that he's the one who gave Eren the ability to turn into a titan in the first place, claiming it's necessary. Also, I'd personally like to believe that he's the brains behind the appearance of the titans, considering he basically has the ultimate answer to their mysteries in his basement and didn't share any of it to anyone.
Also, on a different note, I have a feeling that Mikasa is going to get deeply involved in future 'affairs' of the plot soon, simply because not even a single arc so far has referred to her being half Oriental.
Raincollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-02, 00:25   Link #1930
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
And this is exactly where Eren's father comes into the picture. Remember that he's the one who gave Eren the ability to turn into a titan in the first place, claiming it's necessary. Also, I'd personally like to believe that he's the brains behind the appearance of the titans, considering he basically has the ultimate answer to their mysteries in his basement and didn't share any of it to anyone.
We don't even know, if that syringe really contained the titanshifting-ability. It could be possible that he got that ability from birth on and the syringe was the coordinate instead, or the other way around, or the syringe contained both, or possibly even neither and he had both abilities from birth on.

Quote:
Also, on a different note, I have a feeling that Mikasa is going to get deeply involved in future 'affairs' of the plot soon, simply because not even a single arc so far has referred to her being half Oriental.
Good point. While it is possible that that fact will never be mentioned again until the end of the story, this may actually be addressed at some point and if it does, then, as you say, it will most likely be soon.
Old 2013-12-02, 06:09   Link #1931
richardtengcy

I just like to post a little theory in regards to the Shingeki no Kyojin timeline...
Did you notice that in the Year 845.....Reiner, Bertholt and Berik set off in a group of 3 from their home village to fulfill the mission in destroying the wall. Halfway on their journey, Berik was eaten by Ymir and subsequently Ymir was able to return to human form.

Now my questions is....if two groups (3 person per group) of titan-shifter were set off, one group consist of Reiner-Bertholt and Berik, the other group consisting Annie and 2 other unknown people.

My speculation is that Marco could be one of the titan-shifter in Annie group.
Reason: Suspicious group talk between Annie/Reiner/Bertholt and Marco in Anime scene Episode 7

Also there were mention that the 3rd person in Annie group is still alive and will be retrieve once they brought back Eren and Ymir back to their home village.

Source: http://www.mangahere.com/manga/shing...in/c047/9.html

What do you guys think?
richardtengcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-02, 13:18   Link #1932
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

I think "that" was referring to the "coordinate", i.e. Eren.
Old 2013-12-03, 10:51   Link #1933
richardtengcy

Yr 745:
- Titan suddenly appears and threatens humanity
- Remaining Humanity retreat behind the Wall from Titan threat

Yr 775:
- Death of Heath, Squad Leader of Survey Corp
- Wall Cultist opens the gates and let a Titan inside the wall
- First Titan Breach into Wall Maria, Human Death Toll 5000
- Birth of Kyukuro, Titan Child

Yr 790:
- Ymir and her clan turn into Titan for "unknown" reason

Yr 844:
- Mikasa parents kill by abductors
- Eren Save Mikasa from abductors
- Erwin Smith met Levi and force him to join the Survey Corp

Yr 845:
- Warrior village send titan-shifter to attack human wall
- Ymir Titan form ate Berwick, Bert/Reiner comrades
- Keith Shadis, Commander of Survey Corp came back from fail expedition to exterminate Titan
- Colossal Titan and Armour Titan Broke down Wall Maria
- Death of Eren Mom
- 1st Titan Invasion of Wall Maria, estimated 20,000 death alone in Shinagawa district
- All survivors within Wall Maria retreated back to Wall Rose
- Government send 20% of remaining population to attempt to recover back Wall Maria but fail
(the real purpose was to dispose the population as the government was unable to feed the refugees)

Estimated Yr846-849
- Erwin leads Survey Corps 34th Expedition which leads to Ilse Notebook Recovery

Yr 848:
- Eren, Mikasa and Armin enlist into army

Yr 850:
- Graduation of Eren, Mikasa and Armin from Trainee 104th Corp
- Erwin leads Survey Corp 56th Expedition to recover Wall Maria
- 2nd Invasion of Wall Rose, Colossal Titan appears
- Eren discover his Titan form and help to block the hole in the wall with a boulder, estimated 1200-1800 soldier died or was put out of action
- Marco death was discovered by Jean
- Eren, Mikasa, Armin, Jean, Connie, Sasha, Reiner, Bertholt join the Survey Corp
- Erwin leads 57th Expedition to bring Eren to seal Wall Maria but halfway on their journey, they encounter the Female Titan
- Death of Levi Squad, more than 50% of the original squad that set out did not return
- Battle inside Wall Sina between Titan Eren and Female Titan was plan which lead to defeat and capture of Annie, the person behind Female Titan
- Titan was discover inside the wall and within Wall Rose
- Discovery of Mysterious Ape Titan
- Death of Mike, Squad Leader of Survey Corp
- Castle Ultgard incidents, death of Mike Squad
- Kidnapping of Eren/Ymir by Reiner and Bertholt
- Erwin leads a combined force from Survey Corps, Military Police and the Garrison and successfully recover Eren at a loss of 60% of the forces (Total forces number at about 100)
- Death of Hannes
- New formation of Levi Squad

Last edited by richardtengcy; 2013-12-04 at 01:48.
Old 2013-12-03, 11:08   Link #1934
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardtengcy View Post
Yr 745:
- Titan suddenly appears and threatens humanity
- Remaining Humanity retreat behind the Wall from Titan threat

Yr 775:
- Death of Heath, Squad Leader of Survey Corp
- Wall Cultist opens the gates and let a Titan inside the wall
- First Titan Breach into Wall Maria, Human Death Toll 5000
- Birth of Kyukuro, Titan Child

Yr 790:
- Ymir and her clan was send on a mission to attack "Warrior" Village
Is this information in Before the Fall or somewhere else?
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-03, 11:31   Link #1935
richardtengcy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
Is this information in Before the Fall or somewhere else?
Year 775 is based on the Light novel Before the Fall

Year 790 is based on Ymir saying that she was in Titan form for at least 60 years
Old 2013-12-03, 11:55   Link #1936
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Year 775 is based on the Light novel Before the Fall

Year 790 is based on Ymir saying that she was in Titan form for at least 60 years
Was it ever stated that her mission was to attack the warrior tribe though? I don't remember that. >_<
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 00:41   Link #1937
richardtengcy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
Was it ever stated that her mission was to attack the warrior tribe though? I don't remember that. >_<
It was hinted not stated.

Reiner did mention that he cannot guarantee Ymir safety at their home village because she attack them.

Year was confirm as Ymir stated that she was in Titan mindless state for 60 years.
Old 2013-12-04, 00:45   Link #1938
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
It was hinted not stated.

Reiner did mention that he cannot guarantee Ymir safety at their home village because she attack them.

Year was confirm as Ymir stated that she was in Titan mindless state for 60 years.
This does not prove that it was her "mission" to attack them. If she was in a "mindless state" then she cannot really perform a "mission" anyway...
Old 2013-12-04, 01:46   Link #1939
richardtengcy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
This does not prove that it was her "mission" to attack them. If she was in a "mindless state" then she cannot really perform a "mission" anyway...
But somehow she did know about Reiner and Bertholt home village and their abilities and fear being taken back there.

There's a possibilities that they have certain control when they attack but after certain times, their human state meld with the titan form.

That is also why after she turn back into human, she hides inside the wall.

I`m gonna change it but i really believe the reason why Ymir would go into Titan form was to try and annihilate BRA home village.
Old 2013-12-05, 15:42   Link #1940
Breimoon

chinese raw came out.